Public Television Canvass Director
We are Donor Development Strategies, a national field organizing firm that specializes in building support for high profile non-profits. Our mission is to bring a professional approach to field organizing. We provide quality training and pay to our staff to ensure that we attain honest results for the organizations that we represent. Right now, our focus is to build support for public television. Public television provides families across the country with culturally enriching programs and a commercial free environment that’s unique to anything else on television. We’ve teamed up with public television affiliates across the country to ensure that this great tradition continues to have the support from the community.
Canvass Directors will work with the Regional Director and DDS Leadership team to implement a strategic field plan with specific fundraising goals. Canvass directors will be responsible for managing numerous canvassers with the goal of engaging citizens in order to raise money and build membership for the local public television affiliates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and implement a targeted field program with a field staff made up of 10-30 canvassers.
- Go door to door to raise money and sign up members for public television.
- Recruit, hire, train and manage canvassers who will contact targeted citizens.
- Collect member information and financials from canvassers.
- Conduct analysis of daily operations to deliver maximum performance.
- At least one year door-to-door fundraising experience.
- Management experience.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be willing to work irregular hours and weekends--- 50+ hours per week
- $31,200-$39,000 + fundraising bonuses (dependent on experience)
- Includes competitive benefits package