Donor Services Group Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and energetic work place with a really nice patio for employees
Tele-fundraising Agent (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 20, 2014
Took and average of 200 calls per day with prospective clients
Learned to adapt in fast pace moving work environment, also how to multitask and navigate different Microsoft windows on the computer
I really enjoyed the management team they were friendly and took the time to properly train all staff on new and upcoming programs, and they were there if we needed any help resolving issues without hesitation
All of my co-workers were fun to work with, we all stuck together like a team and accomplished our quota every week.
Convincing new prospective donors that their money was going towards a great cause
Interacting and conversing with a wide variety of different individuals from all walks of life
Pros
raise every 30 days
Cons
no healthcare, or any other benefits
A challenging job, requiring knowledge communication skills, and a healthy dose of self-esteem
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CADecember 7, 2014
Donor Services Group is a large fundraising firm that represents a number of national and international organizations such as Care, Habitat for Humanity, The Nature Conservancy, and the National Wildlife Federation, among others. A typical day at work consisted of making phone calls to current supporters of these organizations, informing them about new projects, and asking for donations. Employees of Donor Services Group are a tight-knit group, providing emotional support on those days when, no matter what you do, giving is not an option for those called. The most difficult part of this job was dealing with rejection, and occasional anger, from donors. The best part of this job was knowing that, with each penny raised, I was making a difference.
Pros
great co-workers and doing something good
Cons
the daily tasks at dsg are timed; you are told when to rest, when to eat, and when to come back with no room for error
It's time to move on.
Fundraiser (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 26, 2014
A typical day at work consists of waiting for the dialer to forward the next donor to you, cultivating calls while asking for donations, taking scheduled breaks, and socializing with co-workers and supervisors.

I have to sit out blocks because I don't work on certain campaigns. Since this year began, every pay check has decreased by a substantial amount to the point whereas I don't have enough to live on. That's why I'm seeking employment elsewhere. When I come into work prepared to start my shift from 1:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. and I'm asked to leave at 1:31 p.m. and return at 6:00 p.m. for just 2 1/2 hours and it becomes a habit with the supervisors, it's time to go. I don't have time to waste. Life is too short.

The most enjoyable part of the job is speaking with donors. I've learned a lot about the organizations that people care about and put their money into to improve the quality of life.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
salary
A great place to work but not for me.
Telefundraiser (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 11, 2015
Start the day on the phone and I learned how to implement constructive feedback that way I may have an opportunity to grow. Hardest part was to consistently hear, "No's," that ranged from soft to aggressive. Most enjoyable part was some of the floor supervisors and their insight to possibly better oneself.
Pros
Long lunch breaks, great bonuses
Cons
Consistent NO'S.
Great company with short term goals
O.S. Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 13, 2015
DSG does a wonderful job in training their supervisors to generate maximum profit while still keeping you happy. Management and same level supervisors mostly get along and besides some politics and the seemingly slow pace to get changes in the office, my time at DSG was pleasant.
Pros
Performance oriented bonuses
Cons
Internal politics
Setting appointments for home owners and training new employees to get more leads
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood , CAOctober 27, 2015
I learned that i am very good with phone communication and talking to people . The hardest part about my job was making leads but i manage to make about 5-7 sales a week .
Raised funds via telephone for various nonprofit organizations
TELEFUNDRAISER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 15, 2012
A fast paced, highly competitive environment, Donor Services Group was a telefundraising organization that called many members of various organizations to gather pledges to help them operate. The environment was stressful, as coworkers were often fired or sent home early in their shifts for not making their quotas. Management was helpful and friendly, but could turn sour very quickly.
Can't say enough good things about DSG
Fundraising Representative (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJanuary 30, 2015
Donor Services Group is one of the best part-time positions a person could wish for. I've never experienced a company where everything is very transparent and employees are kept abreast of everything happening within the company.

If you are passionate about human and animal right causes this is the place for you! The management along with the co-workers make this a very fun job to go into everyday.

It is a very diverse crowd from retired civil right movement activist from the 1960's to college students to part-time entertainers. No two days are really the same and everyone always has a smile on their face!

This is a very structured call center where if you are scheduled at 8:30 - 5:15 you start at 8:30 and end at 5:15, breaks are given every two hours, and your timecard is documented bio electronically.

The training is outstanding and this company wants people to succeed! I've made so many beautiful friends there and recommend this for people who are happy, positive and want to help change the world!
Pros
non stressful environment
Cons
have to pay for parking
Good for very short term, but not a career
Classic Telefundraiser (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJanuary 2, 2014
This is a decent part-time job, but I wouldn't recommend spending more than a month with them. The pay is minimal, the stress load is unbelievable, and it's difficult to work more than 30 hours per week due to both stress and their bizarre shift structure. Weekends are required as well. And as much as they say "no cold calling", there's a decent amount of cold calls in their files.
Pros
they'll hire just about anyone, supervisors are friendly
Cons
short breaks, high stress, guilt
Exiciting work environment
Campaign Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 17, 2014
· Generated revenue for various organizations (NRDC, Mercy Corps, Heifer International, etc)
· Established and maintained relationships with prospective clients.
· Provided excellent customer service in a fast paced environment.
· Participated in an internal leadership program training new representatives.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low paying wages
Challenging yet rewarding.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 27, 2013
DSG's management and employee's are great individuals to work with and for. With DSG you have the opportunity to be the change you want to see.
Pros
great causes. great people.
Cons
none.
Worth a shot!
Hybrid Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 8, 2015
Great place to lily pad into something better. I met life long friends at this place.
Pros
good people, artists.
Cons
soul sucking after awhile.
TM model
Mid-Range Cultivation Program Director (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 29, 2014
This is a standard TM model will a full work day from 9:30 to 5:30p depending on your position. The employees are wonderful people.
Wonderful Place To Work
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles Ca.December 28, 2011
Great Corporate Training Staff, wonderful support from floor Supervisors
Pros
great place to work
Cons
n/a
not a career
Professional Fundraiser (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 29, 2014
good for a little while, but it wears you down unless you are very political