Donorworx Inc

Donorworx Inc Employee Reviews

Great fast paced place to work.
Fundraiser (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDApril 1, 2015
Pros: Friendly Environment
Cons: Transportation Costs
It's hard work having to stand outside no matter the weather and try to get donors for a cause. You have to have a lot of patience, a thirst for knowledge, and exceptional people skills in order to do this job properly. Be fair warned you have to pay for transportation on the clock and your own meals, the company does not cover that. Make sure you have comfortable shoes and a good night's sleep. Good luck out there.
Best opportunity I have ever received.
Fundraiser (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 30, 2015
I have had the good fortune to work at a few companies who were among the most innovative, ethical, and hard-working in their fields. By far, Donorworx has been the best amongst those that I have worked for.

-It is a relatively young and growing company in its field which presents a lot of opportunity for its employees, even (especially) those at the ground floor.
-I started working for this company with no professional fundraising experience (only informal experience here and there) and only a few years in sales under my belt. The training structure and caring environment provided by management and many of my fellow fundraisers allowed me to learn quickly and equipped me with all of the resources I needed to learn how to be an effective fundraiser.
- The team I was hired onto was stellar and expectations were clear (and high) from the very start. While the training prepared me for what to expect, any struggles I met and problems I had were quickly addressed by the Campaign Leader and management was there every step of the way if I needed any other resources.
- Leadership in this company is very encouraging when it comes to being innovative, you are not held to a script in your job and any independent research you do to bring more knowledge to the booth is very welcomed.
- Compensation for this job is great, especially for those coming into the job with less of a background in fundraising, and raises come fairly quickly to those who go above and beyond. Scheduling IS performance-based, which I find effective, you do not want to find yourself constantly working beside – more... someone who is struggling and bringing down the results and effectiveness of you and your fellow fundraisers. That being said, EVERYONE will have low-performance days at the booth but those who work hard and effectively DO stand out and are fairly recognized for the efforts.
-When you put your all into this job, you WILL go home feeling good about what you did that day (no matter how tired you are) and have the fulfillment that comes with taking a stand and advocating for those in need in an environment where selfishness often reigns supreme (the shopping mall).
- This is a job for people who are capable of self-motivating and motivating those around them as well. But this is NOT a downside, this is a warning to those who don't have those qualities. Like many jobs, you get out from it, what you put into it and your success ultimately depends on you. While the product (more like idea) you are marketing is an awesome and fulfilling one, it is up to you to get everyone else to recognize that.
- You work on contract for usually a few months at a time, but all three of mine have been practically back-to-back. So while the future is not always clear, know that great performance does not go unrecognized and that, with a little flexibility, you can continue growing within Donorworx as they continue to help change the world.

Thank you, Donorworx, for providing myself and others with such an amazing opportunity. I feel that my potential to affect positive change in the world around me grows everyday that I continue forward with this company and only ask that you continue to commit to your core values and mission so that myself and those with hearts as big as or BIGGER than mine can continue to help you represent these charities and the children they fight for for YEARS to come! – less
Rewarding and challenging day to day
Fundraiser (Current Employee), CaliforniaMarch 22, 2015
Pros: rewarding experiences and heart-filled conversations every day
Cons: standing on your feet for hours at a time
You are able to speak on issues that matter most to you. I love being able to connect one on one to people that I have just met and empowering them to take action!

I have learned to be very optimistic and to surround myself like minded individuals. This being said, it is also important to disregard the people who do exactly the opposite.

My coworkers and Campaign Leader have done a great job of creating a supportive and collaborative environment. I know that I can count on them to boost my energy and to help me do my job well. Everyone I have worked with is very passionate and dedicated to the cause.

The hardest part of the job is when you pour your heart out to people that you meet but don't receive the same reciprocity. Dealing with rejection is the hardest.

However, at the end of your day you will know that you spent your time changing the lives of others for their well-being, and that the children that we help can now receive the care they deserve.
Rewarding job, fantastic co-workers and awesome culture
Campaign Leader (Current Employee), CaliforniaMarch 6, 2015
Pros: fun and exciting job! outstanding professional staff in the field and head office.
Cons: the occasionally difficult mall environment
I love fundraising for Donorworx because it is a very unique and fun job! At donorworx, you have the opportunity to inspire change while working with truly passionate and talented people. I've never met anyone who works at donorworx that isn't big hearted and overall amazing! This is a challenging job and it's not easy, you must be passionate about the cause. Expect to fundraise at a mall for about 5-6 hours and have as many meaningful one on one conversations with shoppers about poverty and sponsorship. Campaign Leaders and Regional Managers are supportive and there to help you shine. This is a very rewarding job and would encourage anyone passionate about social justice to get involved.
Hard work for a great cause
Fundraiser (Former Employee), Los AngelesDecember 11, 2014
Pros: mission, values, team work, ceo
Cons: stand up for hours
- It's the hardest job you'll ever love. You stand up for hours seeking sponsors for kids who aren't as privileged as kids in America. You'll get rejected often and sometimes not so politely, yet it's so rewarding every time you get to connect a kid with a sponsor.
Challenging Position
Campaign Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 10, 2013
Pros: helping others, working with wonderful causes
Cons: long hours standing
Great Company that does a wonderful job at helping other organizations acquire sponsorships and donors.

The position is very challenging in terms of sales quotas and the emotion that goes into speaking with dozens of people a day on both a professional and emotional level in order to acquire interest in supporting non-profits in their life saving goals.

Overall, if you want to help others and get paid for it, then it definitely a place to consider working.
Interesting Way to enter a new field and to Challenge Myself
Fundraiser (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 30, 2013
Pros: challenging me to get out of my comfort zone (as mentioned above).
Cons: getting two sponsors during each shift.
I just recently began with the company, and found it will be more challenging and interesting for me than I thought. Donorworx is working with World Vision International out of Federal Way, WA to bring to this country a new way of recruiting people to support their outreach programs for children in other countries by having booths at major shopping malls in the US and providing information about the program to passersby, and inviting them to become sponsors of children.

It will be challenging for me, because it will ask me to get out of my comfort zone and ask people for what I need (for them to become sponsors) as each staff is required to sign up two sponsors during each of their shifts.
Productive and fun
Fundraiser (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: changing lives.
Cons: lack of organization and sometimes communication.
The job with donorwox is very rewarding. Although it may be hard and difficult the outcome is far grater than the hardship. Everyone is great to work with. However, the company is growing very rapidly and still has a way to go regarding organization.
Productive and fun working environment
Fundraiser (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: 30 minute lunch break, awesome co-workers
Cons: the fundraiser campaign ended
Engage potential sponsors in conversation about charitably sponsoring a child from a third-world country. Register the supporter for sponsorship on a hand-held device. Set-up kiosk at open and close.
Headquarters