Best opportunity I have ever received.
I have had the good fortune to work at a few companies who were among the most innovative, ethical, and hard-working in their fields. By far, Donorworx has been the best amongst those that I have worked for.
-It is a relatively young and growing company in its field which presents a lot of opportunity for its employees, even (especially) those at the ground floor.
-I started working for this company with no professional fundraising experience (only informal experience here and there) and only a few years in sales under my belt. The training structure and caring environment provided by management and many of my fellow fundraisers allowed me to learn quickly and equipped me with all of the resources I needed to learn how to be an effective fundraiser.
- The team I was hired onto was stellar and expectations were clear (and high) from the very start. While the training prepared me for what to expect, any struggles I met and problems I had were quickly addressed by the Campaign Leader and management was there every step of the way if I needed any other resources.
- Leadership in this company is very encouraging when it comes to being innovative, you are not held to a script in your job and any independent research you do to bring more knowledge to the booth is very welcomed.
- Compensation for this job is great, especially for those coming into the job with less of a background in fundraising, and raises come fairly quickly to those who go above and beyond. Scheduling IS performance-based, which I find effective, you do not want to find yourself constantly working beside – more... someone who is struggling and bringing down the results and effectiveness of you and your fellow fundraisers. That being said, EVERYONE will have low-performance days at the booth but those who work hard and effectively DO stand out and are fairly recognized for the efforts.
-When you put your all into this job, you WILL go home feeling good about what you did that day (no matter how tired you are) and have the fulfillment that comes with taking a stand and advocating for those in need in an environment where selfishness often reigns supreme (the shopping mall).
- This is a job for people who are capable of self-motivating and motivating those around them as well. But this is NOT a downside, this is a warning to those who don't have those qualities. Like many jobs, you get out from it, what you put into it and your success ultimately depends on you. While the product (more like idea) you are marketing is an awesome and fulfilling one, it is up to you to get everyone else to recognize that.
- You work on contract for usually a few months at a time, but all three of mine have been practically back-to-back. So while the future is not always clear, know that great performance does not go unrecognized and that, with a little flexibility, you can continue growing within Donorworx as they continue to help change the world.
Thank you, Donorworx, for providing myself and others with such an amazing opportunity. I feel that my potential to affect positive change in the world around me grows everyday that I continue forward with this company and only ask that you continue to commit to your core values and mission so that myself and those with hearts as big as or BIGGER than mine can continue to help you represent these charities and the children they fight for for YEARS to come! – less