Doorstep Delivery Employee Reviews

Horrible Management playing favoritism were only certain people make money.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas TexasApril 5, 2017
One manager makes up routes plays favoritism manipulates your time and money so you cant get orders to make money. Wrecked my car into a wall speeding trying to keep up with a managers made up routes she decided to give you rather than the appropriate switching routes with the same driver in the area. In the end I have a metal pin in my neck from totaling my car know one ever explained to me I had inusrance they just let me pay for every medical bill take the loss of work in each job. All the this because one bad manager that needs to be fired immediately, I am taking legal action which is hard to make me do in this world but the actions of one manager just forces me to do it,. Stay away
Driver and Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 28, 2017
Fast-paced. Difficult at times, but good for tips. Payment is weird and salary is random, purchase based. Really nice people working and Alabama residents are almost always nice.
Great people I worked with
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 18, 2017
Frankly the best part about working for doorstep was the people I worked with. It was stressful at times as with all Customer Service Jobs. But I enjoyed my time there and would still be working there if they didn't get so big my job stopped existing.
Productive and laid back workplace
Operations and Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 7, 2017
I loved working for this company. Everybody was very laid back and nice. I would recommend anybody to work here. This job consists of telephone sales and customer service. On a typical day I was on the phone 90% of the time. If you are one that does not like to be on the phone this job is not for you.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
n/a
Good starter job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 13, 2016
Its not a job to base your main income off of but would make a great side job or starter job for someone. Overall it was a good place to work at
Great job if you have a reliable car.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 6, 2016
I enjoyed my time working at Doorstep Delivery. Had to resign due to car difficulties. If someone is looking for a job to start off and get the feel for the work life. I would recommend them to Doorstep.
Pros
Work by yourself, Tips, and interaction between new customers.
Cons
Gas money
Terrible
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Mountain Brook, ALSeptember 1, 2016
They were able to accommodate my school and family life as a single mom, but they wanted you to do the work of multiple people and not pay you any extra to do so.
Cons
not enough pay for the work required of you
Read the fine print before you start
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLAugust 30, 2016
I am not surprised at the treatment. I went for training and because hey were short, I started the same day. Each time i asked for an explanation of payouts i was told don't worry just signup with DDI?? DDI turns out is just a front for getting more money from every driver. Anyway I would find out the hard way. I worked Friday, Sunday and one delivery on Monday. Went to DDI and DISCOVERED, there is a fee for the shirt ( I was charged $11.30 even though I returned the shirt) There is a DDI admin fee f $.45 per transaction. There is a Marketing fee $$8.40/5 so $1.68, but they give you a credit for $1.00 per delivery, this must be creative accounting. Anyway after all that there was another fee of $2.00 per day for equipment leasing??? They have the equipment I used to deliver their food to their clients.
Then in the end they kept my money that the customer included as a tip on the last day.
Just don't join without a full disclosure
I remain very disappointed and many of my friends will no longer consider them as an option.
Pros
manage your time
Cons
Lots and Lots of fees that reduce earnings in their favor
Customer Service/Driver
Customer Service/Driver (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 15, 2016
Worked for them for just about a year, most management was ok, mostly this one woman just made it a unbearable place to work that and the rising fuel costs made it no longer fun or profitable
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
management
Nashville TN
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 5, 2016
This is great job, if you are ready to kiss dispatchers a...ss. your earnings depends on tips. If driver and dispatcher are roommates, who gets orders with bigger tips? ...
Your salary depends on your relationship with dispatcher, because this company doesn't have any dispatching rules.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No dispatching rules.
Most enjoyable place I've ever worked
Driver (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 3, 2016
Drivers make their own schedule, business hours are 10:30-10:30 and you can work the days and hours you're available. The management and office staff want to make sure the customers are happy but they pay the same amount of attention making sure the drivers are happy, they are easy to communicate with and if a person in the office is busy there's always someone else you can talk to. Everyone in the office is very understanding and patient, they realize people have car problems or family issues come up & they do everything they can to work with you. Even though drivers spend no time at all in the office, this location definitely works as a team, it just depends what effort you put into it. Office staff is great at helping a driver out but the driver has to genuinely help them out too. I could never go back to a 8-5 desk job, I enjoy being all over the city, my car is my office, just maintain your car, a car with efficient gas mileage is best. Wear & tear on vehicle is just part of this job, depends what's most important to you in a job. I prefer wear & tear on my car & loving my job & being happy over babying my car but being locked up all day in a cold boring office building attached to a headset or computer or cash register. The pay varies, it's usually good pay, you take a couple bad pay days once every 2-4 weeks, but the good pay days make up for it in big ways. I love the cash daily part of it & there's also a small commission check every Fri. if you hate dealing with traffic it's not the job for you. I love it.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, great management, no stress
Cons
Slow days could get boring, must practice patience
Awesome Staff
Operations and Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 10, 2016
Great staff that makes you feel comfortable and welcomed. Very laid back atmosphere. A typical work day involves managing dozens of independent contractors and multiple employees to ensure the operation runs soothly. Maintaining a high level of customer service while running the call center. Develop relationships with loyal customers, restaurant owners, and staff. Educate new employees on how to operate our back end technology platform.
We should sue them scammers!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 28, 2016
This branch is a joke especially one of the dispatcher. There is a lady which I liked her and she is friendly.

You never make money out of this job. Sometimes you work after your hours. The dispatcher tries to push in the name of making more money. You ain't making money at all. And your car ends up with tear and wear and you made a little above min wage.

Working at a fast food or pizza restaurant is much worth it than this company. Ow the funny thing is there are fees associated with your delivery called business fees are you serious?

Fees:
You pay 1.74 fee per delivery for marketing. The more delivery you make the more amount would be.
5.99 for DDI "Workers comp".
3.00 per day to rent the doorsteps equipments.
12.00 t shirt(one time)
15.00 for dmv (you get that back when you show up for the first two weeks).

Last funny thing; they make you to buy ice. They are giving you a hot soda and they are expecting to be a cold when customers orders them. You can not give a . I didn't because I put water in the freezer to make an ice instead to spend 2 bucks daily which is adds up by the end of the week.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
Definitely enjoy the people I work with
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 16, 2016
Every day is different. A lot of work entailed. A lot of customer service to provide. Menu updates for regular menus as well as catering.
Very productive and constantly answering phone calls.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 23, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with customers on the phone and answering phone calls. Typical day at work is constantly on the phone which is perfect!
Driving
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 16, 2015
Can be fun at times and someties boring when its slow. Envolves a lot of driving. Some people tip and some dont. If you want to learn you way around tallahassee this job is for you
Pros
Learn tallahassee area
Cons
Sometimes no tip
Positive place of employment
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 10, 2015
I loved working here and the people I worked with, just was part time and needed a full time job now so I am looking elsewhere for employment.
if your part time its not worth it
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 1, 2015
you end up spending more on gas then you get payed, so you depend on tips, not at all worth the trouble or the mileage. if you're going to be a driver here you need to put in a lot of time to make a good amount of money, and doing taxes at the end of the year is terrible because you don't get a W2 you are technically self employed
A fun work environment with interesting people
Driver/Navigator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 31, 2015
Fun workplace that allows you to be flexible with your work hours. There is opportunity for growth with the company. This is a company that is expected to grow over the next couple years and has undeniable potential. They believe in supplying great customer service to everyone from the restaurants to their consumers in need.
It was ok. Not an everyday job for someone looking to pay real bills.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 23, 2015
There are only 2 shifts 11-4:30 and 4:30-10
You check in with headquarters soon as you arrive
Pick a bag number set, drinks and roof topper.
Some times they have orders ready so after you log into the app you head to your first destination other days it takes about 1 hour to 1:30 for orders to pick back up.
drive around all day when its busy, on a slow day you might sit for 2-3 hours doing nothing.
the hardest part is trying to stay on time when the restaurant doesn't have your food order ready and finding apartment buildings when the directions aren't clear or if you cant find the building number out side on the building so you have to keep getting in and out of you car to look at the door numbers/letters.
Enjoyable part you can have 3-5 tickets and get tipped well but the downside is the opposite. Also some days the amount of gas you put in your car is about half of what you make everyday.So basically you are paying yourself to go to work because have to put gas in you own car.
Pros
down time some days, drive around all day
Cons
tip money doesn't add up with gas money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Doorstep Delivery. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3