Doral Bank

Doral Bank Employer Reviews

Productive workplace
Regulatory Reporting Analyst (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 17, 2015
Great workplace and great coworkers.
However, I am currently seeking new and exciting opportunities in accounting and/or financial reporting.
I have over 7 years of experience as an accounting manager.
My goal is to make the business unit more efficient by automation; getting away from manual processes to become more efficient.
good
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee), GuaynaboNovember 3, 2014
Pros: experience in lost mitigation area, customer service
Cons: employed by a temporay company
While I was working in Doral Bank was extraordinary experience special with my coworkers. Team work and enforcement is the most enjoyable part of the job in order to obtain great results for the company.
I worked offering helps in how to retain their homes
Loss Mitigation Agent (Former Employee), Guaynabo, PROctober 30, 2014
Pros: opportunities in working commercial loans
Mortgage Loss Mitigation (Conventional loans, FHA V.A., Farm Loans, Freddie Mac, and Fannie Mae)
• Reviewing the Bank's Commercial and Mortgage’s Loans Portfolio to identify customers in financial distress who may qualify for a Loss Mitigation Programs offered by the Bank. Make recommendations to management for approval of the programs for which the customer qualifies.
Selected Accomplishments:
 After four months accomplishing the Mortgage Loss Mitigation department’s goals, I was promoted to the commercial workout, in order to implement a Payment Reduced Plan as a clients’ alternative.
 I participate in the implementation of the new commercial alternative, PRP (Permanent Reduction Plan).
Productive and fun workplace on a everyday basis.
Mortgage Loan Specialist (Current Employee), San JuanSeptember 27, 2014
Great management, the best co-workers because if you have any doubts on something that you've learn, a process or something new they always are reachable and supportive on your everyday basis job. The most enjoyable part of the job is to help all our customers feed customers necessities by helping them save their homes offering different products and alternatives.
Vendors
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Juan, Puerto RicoSeptember 21, 2014
Working with vendors was very exciting because I received all quotes for a particular service and then I had to discussed the rates with the vendor, making them added a discount to the original quote, because there is when you put all your vendors to compete for the best service with the best prices on the market.

The team worked as one, we had several years working together and that was a very significant asset between all of us. The hardest part was to work with the legal department, legal assistants were very tough and also the lawyers, but it was nice not everyone has the same temper and character.

The enjoyable best part of the job was on Thanksgiving because we had a wonderful lunch with all the employees and managers and that specific day we share as a wonderful team, no working subjects were allowed to discussed.
A good place for work.
Taxes Technician (Current Employee), San Juan, PRAugust 21, 2014
Doral Bank is a school for learning and development of financial skills. the work environment to make the goals workers. in the tasks department i do a multiple functions.
Recognizes our work
Customer Service Loss Mitigation (Current Employee), Guaynabo, PRAugust 12, 2014
it a very busy job. co-workers are excellent is the best part of this place we help each other when is needed.
Good expierience
Mortgage Loans Originator and Collector (Former Employee), Puerto RicoJuly 25, 2014
After 7 months working for themes there was no no chance to become a named employee.
Winter internship - bank loan group
Intern - Loan Syndication (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 18, 2014
Entry level exposure to looking at credit. Learned how to summarize offering memorandums for senior executives and how to model historical financials as well as future projections.
My day at Doral Bank
Mortgage Sales Representative (Former Employee), San Juan, PRJune 28, 2014
Cons: all
I was hired as contractor, along other, for Doral Bank. I had no a good experience there, they did not keep all the promises they made to us. I'm sorry I do not want to talk about this nightmare.
Doral Bank review
Financial Associate -Teller (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 17, 2014
Pros: great team! great customers!
Cons: part-time has no benefits while some other companies do provide benefits to part-timers
Doral Bank has a really lay back working environment, customers are nice, co-workers and management will teach you as much as you can when you are willing to improve yourself and learn about the products or the company.

Tellers are the first impression of the bank, so it's a really important role. In order to deliver the best impression to the customers, you will have to provide best customer service such as greeting the customers and smile. Not only that, and understand their needs/concern. And Doral will teach you everything about these.

I'm a perfectionist myself, I paid attention to every details when I'm at work, it's hard for me to ignore minor errors even thought it's not gonna affect anything, but this might bring stress to the co-workers.

The most enjoyable part of the job will be achieving weekly goals, and working with my great co-workers and management.
Excellent Job and Culture.
VP Collections Front End (Current Employee), San Juan, PRApril 24, 2014
Pros: salary, motivation, team work, benefits
Cons: oportunity to relocate at the states
Doral is an excellent place to work. Management is very professional and the team work is a must. I've learned from Management to do best always in the shortest time to increase efficiency and have the best productivity from my team. I've learned to do micromanagement and envolve myself in every detail that is highly important and that we have to work with priorities.
work places is organizate and clean
Mortgage Sales Representative (Former Employee), Puerto RicoMarch 27, 2014
Pros: one hour to lunch
Cons: vacation and day sick
- Deal and canalize client’s complaints.
- Review and assign work for employees. Perform new recruitments and/or hires if needed.
- Negotiate purchase prices with suppliers.
- Report business results to the owner.
Stress work environment with no direction
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: good location & nice building.
Cons: direction of company is not made clear by senior management.
Since the company is split between Puerto Rico (Servicing & Retail), New York (Commercial Lending) and Miami (Headquarters); communication should be something that is emphasized. Though, the company lacks the communication needed to operate a company of its size. The lack of communication makes working at the company extremely tough.
call center
Telephone banking representative (Former Employee), San Juan, PRJanuary 19, 2014
I like to work here but it was a temporary job , but the co-workers are wonderful , we take calls from the customers asking about their bank accounts , new products , etc.
Good work place
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee), San Juan, PRJanuary 15, 2014
Typical day... searching clients, making advertising, servicing, complete applications and send it to process department.
I learned ... every day because each case are different and the procedures changes.
The management ... work with us to reach the goals.
My co-workers... help if yopu need them.
The hardest part of the job... is the closing month.
The most enjoyable part of the job... Can help the people to have a home.
Responsable availability to grow
Back Office Clerk (Former Employee), Ave. Roosevelt San JuanNovember 29, 2013
Pros: accurate
Enough skills in data entry knowledge signature bank customers.
Good place to work oportunity to grow
Appraisail and Asset Preservation (Current Employee), San Juan, PROctober 21, 2013
Pros: healthcare, i can take a half hour lunch so i can leave a half hour earlier
Cons: a bit far from home traffic jams in the mornings and afternoons
In Doral I have had the opportunity to work in of different areas as in Foreclosure, Loss Mitigation, Appraisal and Asset Preservation witch has giving me the opportunity to learn and grown with in the bank. I have learn about invoice management, MSP,LPS Desktop. I have good co workers that work as a team. My new boss is a person with a lot of knowledge that has giving me the opportunity to learn a lot from her. A typical day is working the orders of protection, quality control, supervise our vendors to make sure that they do their work by regulations standards and use in the application invoice management to pay the vendors. Process the information on the MSP system. I truly enjoy my work but I do want to relocate that is the reason why I`m applying for a job with your company.
Good Bank to work
COMMERCIAL CREDIT MANAGER (Former Employee), San Juan, Puerto RicoSeptember 26, 2013
great employer and financial institution. great leadership
Sales and Customer Service
Mobil Sales Leader (Former Employee), Aguadilla, PRJune 1, 2013
Excellent Customer Service and excellent sales. Team work

About Doral Bank

Doral Financial provides a port for your riches in Puerto Rico. The company's community banking subsidiary, Doral Bank, has about – Read more

Doral Bank Photos