Doral Bank

Doral Bank Employer Reviews

Recognizes our work
Customer Service Loss Mitigation (Current Employee), Guaynabo, PRAugust 12, 2014
it a very busy job. co-workers are excellent is the best part of this place we help each other when is needed.
Good expierience
Mortgage Loans Originator and Collector (Former Employee), Puerto RicoJuly 25, 2014
After 7 months working for themes there was no no chance to become a named employee.
Winter internship - bank loan group
Intern - Loan Syndication (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 18, 2014
Entry level exposure to looking at credit. Learned how to summarize offering memorandums for senior executives and how to model historical financials as well as future projections.
My day at Doral Bank
Mortgage Sales Representative (Former Employee), San Juan, PRJune 28, 2014
Cons: all
I was hired as contractor, along other, for Doral Bank. I had no a good experience there, they did not keep all the promises they made to us. I'm sorry I do not want to talk about this nightmare.
Doral Bank review
Financial Associate -Teller (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 17, 2014
Pros: great team! great customers!
Cons: part-time has no benefits while some other companies do provide benefits to part-timers
Doral Bank has a really lay back working environment, customers are nice, co-workers and management will teach you as much as you can when you are willing to improve yourself and learn about the products or the company.

Tellers are the first impression of the bank, so it's a really important role. In order to deliver the best impression to the customers, – more... you will have to provide best customer service such as greeting the customers and smile. Not only that, and understand their needs/concern. And Doral will teach you everything about these.

I'm a perfectionist myself, I paid attention to every details when I'm at work, it's hard for me to ignore minor errors even thought it's not gonna affect anything, but this might bring stress to the co-workers.

The most enjoyable part of the job will be achieving weekly goals, and working with my great co-workers and management. – less
Excellent Job and Culture.
VP Collections Front End (Current Employee), San Juan, PRApril 24, 2014
Pros: salary, motivation, team work, benefits
Cons: oportunity to relocate at the states
Doral is an excellent place to work. Management is very professional and the team work is a must. I've learned from Management to do best always in the shortest time to increase efficiency and have the best productivity from my team. I've learned to do micromanagement and envolve myself in every detail that is highly important and that we have to work – more... with priorities. – less
work places is organizate and clean
Mortgage Sales Representative (Former Employee), Puerto RicoMarch 27, 2014
Pros: one hour to lunch
Cons: vacation and day sick
- Deal and canalize client’s complaints.
- Review and assign work for employees. Perform new recruitments and/or hires if needed.
- Negotiate purchase prices with suppliers.
- Report business results to the owner.
Stress work environment with no direction
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: good location & nice building.
Cons: direction of company is not made clear by senior management.
Since the company is split between Puerto Rico (Servicing & Retail), New York (Commercial Lending) and Miami (Headquarters); communication should be something that is emphasized. Though, the company lacks the communication needed to operate a company of its size. The lack of communication makes working at the company extremely tough.
call center
Telephone banking representative (Former Employee), San Juan, PRJanuary 19, 2014
I like to work here but it was a temporary job , but the co-workers are wonderful , we take calls from the customers asking about their bank accounts , new products , etc.
Good work place
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee), San Juan, PRJanuary 15, 2014
Typical day... searching clients, making advertising, servicing, complete applications and send it to process department.
I learned ... every day because each case are different and the procedures changes.
The management ... work with us to reach the goals.
My co-workers... help if yopu need them.
The hardest part of the job... is the closing month.
The – more... most enjoyable part of the job... Can help the people to have a home. – less
Responsable availability to grow
Back Office Clerk (Former Employee), Ave. Roosevelt San JuanNovember 29, 2013
Pros: accurate
Enough skills in data entry knowledge signature bank customers.
Good place to work oportunity to grow
Appraisail and Asset Preservation (Current Employee), San Juan, PROctober 21, 2013
Pros: healthcare, i can take a half hour lunch so i can leave a half hour earlier
Cons: a bit far from home traffic jams in the mornings and afternoons
In Doral I have had the opportunity to work in of different areas as in Foreclosure, Loss Mitigation, Appraisal and Asset Preservation witch has giving me the opportunity to learn and grown with in the bank. I have learn about invoice management, MSP,LPS Desktop. I have good co workers that work as a team. My new boss is a person with a lot of knowledge – more... that has giving me the opportunity to learn a lot from her. A typical day is working the orders of protection, quality control, supervise our vendors to make sure that they do their work by regulations standards and use in the application invoice management to pay the vendors. Process the information on the MSP system. I truly enjoy my work but I do want to relocate that is the reason why I`m applying for a job with your company. – less
Good Bank to work
COMMERCIAL CREDIT MANAGER (Former Employee), San Juan, Puerto RicoSeptember 26, 2013
great employer and financial institution. great leadership
Sales and Customer Service
Mobil Sales Leader (Former Employee), Aguadilla, PRJune 1, 2013
Excellent Customer Service and excellent sales. Team work
we work almost without supervision.
Asociada de Servicio al Cliente, (Teller) (Former Employee), Mayaguez,P.R.May 18, 2013
*selling
*How to sell
*We work under excessive pressure
*Customers difficult
*Customers difficult
Productive work
Teller (Former Employee), San Juan, Puerto RicoMarch 25, 2013
Cash Custodian assigned all kinds of monetary transaction, tabulated and conducting large corporate deposits, credit cards locally and internationally. Custodian of manager checks. Assist the Head Cashier in balancing of ATM and Vault and its total Straighten day, drafting and preparation of minutes of meetings biweekly.
good work environment, a lot of work to be a bank at the forefront in terms of processes, different challenges, structure and security
Post - Closing Supervisor (Current Employee), San Juan, PRMarch 23, 2013
good work environment, a lot of work to be a bank at the forefront in terms of processes, different challenges, structure, security and constant training of personnel for the proper performance

A typical day of work: Im in charge of 23 employees who perform different tasks within the unit post closing, I have to promote a positive work environment – more... and make sure that they have all the necessary tools every day so they can performs the process correctly. Attend several meetings daily and make sure I carry out management instructions and vice President.
What I learned about management is that I act as a coach first than an experts because each day I learn something new about regulations and investor guidelines.
My co-workers respect the kind of person I am I try to act as if I'm reasoning through the problem with the person, learning as I go. I never just give an answer. I want employees to develop confidence in creating answers for themselves.
I try to encourage my employees to help find the solution. I like being able to lead my team, but I want to know that they are working to help solve problems as well. I like to think that by involving my staff in questions and problems that arise in the department, I am teaching them how to be effective leaders.

The hardest part of the job:
the part most strong from my work achieve problematic employees to understand the importance of the activity they have in charge, that these employees are not receptive to the changes...so far I have achieved this goal

The most enjoyable part of my job:
Achieve”strong” or satisfactory ranking results in audits – less
Productive and Challenging
Skip Tracing (Former Employee), San Juan PRMarch 21, 2013
Skip Tracing department, excellent team work, my job was very fun and interesting because I was looking for people who had account with us but we didn't have any phone numbers or address of them because the clients might change it, we usually worked under pressure making and answering calls but giving a great service to our customers
First Banking Experience.
Teller (Former Employee), Humacao, PRMarch 19, 2013
I learned a lot here in the banking universe and used to my best in every fact of life.
Really really like my job
Service Desk Supervisor (Former Employee), San Juan, PRFebruary 19, 2013
I can describe my work as the solution to the problems at Doral since Service Desk was the conduit to all the problems of the technology area that was the day typical in doral.Learning to lead and be proactive in my work, acted roll of supervisor with 9 employees learned to listen and understand it, to work under pressure and work very hard to always – more... giving mile extra.Managing all processes and procedures managed to reach excellence and continuous improvement of the service desk.What more I liked my job was to help people, see continuous improvement of my technical and projects. – less

About Doral Bank

Doral Financial provides a port for your riches in Puerto Rico. The company's community banking subsidiary, Doral Bank, has about – Read more

Doral Bank Photos