Reports to: Senior/Property Manager.
Supervises: No direct reports. Works laterally with other property associates to ensure necessary tasks are completed.
Compensation: Nonexempt/hourly. Position is eligible for overtime. Bonuses are discretionary and based on property performance and incentive plans as outlined by the Regional Manager/Partner. Please note that any bonuses awarded are at the owner’s discretion.
1. Education: A high school education or equivalent is required. The position requires the ability to read and write English and Spanish fluently, and the ability to accurately perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions.
2. Experience: Generally, no previous property management experience is required. However, experience qualifications will vary by property size and type and also vary within a position at a given property.
3. Skills: The position requires the ability to communicate effectively with people and present a positive, professional image. In addition, the position requires the following:
- Professional image
- Good organizational skills
- Good verbal skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to accurately perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions.
- Ability to close a sale
- Ability and access to drive a car
4. Licenses: Valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
5. Physical Requirements: The position requires the ability to access all units and to physically tour the property in its entirety to show prospective residents, inspect the premises, deliver notices, assist with emergency measures as required, and the ability to withstand all weather conditions including temperatures in excess of 90 degrees or below 32 degrees..
6. Training: Generally, no prior training is required. However, completion of training in leasing and other property management classes is required within the first 11 months of employment.
7. Attendance: Position requires the ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. Due to the property staffing limitations, it is extremely critical that individuals be able to work their scheduled hours on a consistent basis and, if necessary, overtime hours when requested.
1. Position requires the purchase and compliance of wearing the company-specified uniforms and/or accessories.
2. Position requires the ability to use general office equipment including, but not limited to, computers, copy machines, telephones, and safety equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Lease apartments and aggressively sell the products and services of the property to which the associate has been assigned. Specifically, respond to site visits or telephone inquiries and conduct site tours. Site tours include, but are not limited to, showing and transporting prospects around the property in order to sell the prospect all property amenities, model apartments and available apartments.
2. Develop, refine and effectively implement excellent telephone and personal sales skills. Work to optimize occupancy while maximizing effective leased rent.
3. Work with the property management staff to develop and implement sales and marketing strategies. Increase property traffic levels, maintain closing ratios and work to achieve and exceed budgeted occupancy percentages.
4. Work to optimize occupancy while maximizing effective leased rent.
5.Maintain thorough product knowledge of the property and that of major competition through site visits/tours and telephone surveys.
Administration & Financial
1. Prepare all lease-related paperwork in an accurate and timely manner. Be able to explain all lease documents to new and existing residents. Ensure all documents are completed prior to resident move-in.
2. Follow established policies and procedures in the qualification, screening and acceptance of applicants for residency.
3. Assist with managing the day-to-day operation of the apartment community. Work with the property manager to direct the efforts of the on-site staff to ensure apartments are ready for move-in and are maintained in a satisfactory manner.
4. Assume responsibility for property operations and scheduling when assuming the position of the senior management staff person on site.
5. Maintain prospect traffic and leasing data, and assist with other computer data entry as necessary. Assist with monthly closing as required.
6. Deliver resident gifts, inspect units for move-ins to ensure units are ready and assist with planning and hosting of resident functions.
7.Participate in company training classes and meetings as required.
1. Maintain company customer service standards. Respond to resident requests and work with residents to minimize and resolve resident problems and complaints. Follow through to ensure issues are resolved.
2.Follow the property lease renewal program. Maximize resident renewals.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Transport funds to the bank as required by company policy.
2. All other duties assigned by the manager.