DORSET COUNTY COUNCIL

DORSET COUNTY COUNCIL Employer Reviews

reliable
Admin assistant (Current Employee), Wareham, ENGJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: long term employment
Cons: not enough training
friendly staff, a little far to travel.
need more training.
a council in times of change
Project Manager (Current Employee), dorchesterNovember 13, 2013
i have worked for the authority for 12 years, and like all authorities, it is in constant change
a quick fun project
Graphic designer/Artist/Animator (Former Employee), dorsetOctober 21, 2013
Pros: nice to have worked freelance for dcc
Cons: bad communication
This was a simple programme that i was asked to produce for DCC for a care group, that for some reason indeeds website has picked up on as an actual job for me to have to review, hmmm.
Okay then, This was programme that needed to be put together very quickly, without a solid brief and with only over the phone instructions. I had to make it easily accessable – more... for the people reading it, remembering that they had learning dissabillities that needed to be addressed.
It had to look fun and carry with it a sense of glam.

I enjoyed putting it together, as i do most of my work. Though i didn't enjoy the lack of communication throughout the project, as it meant that a simple project was turned into a bit of a nightmare. Meaning it needed to be redone a few times. – less
Fun workplace. Supportive Colleagues.
H&S Administrator (Former Employee), Dorchester, ENGSeptember 23, 2013
Cons: no parking.
Health and safety administration along with course administration. Completed a Customer Service Apprenticeship here.
Productive, learnt a lot of new skills
Customer Services Officer (Former Employee), DorchesterJuly 9, 2013
Every day I learnt something new, customers phoned with such a wide variety of enquiries there was always something to learn. Bosses were very supportive and always willing to help.
At times my job is stressful
Care Co Ordinator (Current Employee), Colliton AnnexJanuary 7, 2013
Cons: un social hours
An extremely busy office environment, general office duties, working as part of a team, covering sickness from the carers, identifying solutions to problems that arise. I work well within the team. The hardest part of my job is not having job satisfaction.
Generally Good
Youth Support Worker (Current Employee), West DorsetJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: support to others
Cons: do a lot of work which i don't get paid for.
Full on work pattern from the moment doors open to groups.
Learn something new every time.
Clear management structure.
Work as part of a team.
Hard balancing real day to day stuff with local government cuts.
Enjoy empowering others to effect change in their own lives.
good to work for
Bank Chef (Former Employee), based in weymouth have car will travelAugust 17, 2012
Pros: travelling expenses paid
Cons: could be lonely with no one to share things
I was a ''bank chef'' no fixed routine could be weymouth one day christchurch the next. management at DCC very supportive, managers in the care homes could be less supportive, hardest part was not knowing where next, best part was not knowing where next.
I realy enjoyed the ''gypsy life style'', co workers could be difficult they had their set routines – more... and did not like strangers upsetting everything . I learned very quickly to keep my mouth shut and get on with the job..if there was a problem I did not go to the manager until I had a solution for them to approve. – less