Dorsey & Whitney LLP

Dorsey & Whitney LLP Employer Reviews

Smaller group
Legal Secretary (Former Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 21, 2014
This was a smaller group of people. It was basically just you working for your attorneys.
A very conservative and busy work enviroment.
Receptionist/ Conference Center Clerk (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 3, 2014
My typical day goes as follows: I assist clients and lawyers with their needs ranging from setting their appointments, distriubuting electronically to their emails. I print off PDF files as well other documents that are needed. other job duties include faxing, filing, data entry etc..
Doesn't keep their word
secretary (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAOctober 19, 2013
Pros: for the most part, nice co-workers
Cons: management isn't really management, attorneys have higher opinions of themselves than they should
Management in the OC office is a joke. Not needed. A lot of fuss about nothing. Failed to see what value the OC manager had to offer. Co-workers were great. Nothing hard about the job. Attorneys seem to be overly impressed with themselves.
It pays the bills.
Department Assitant (Current Employee), Seattle, WANovember 30, 2012
Pros: people i work with.
Cons: no free bus passes. company only contributes 20% for the total cost of your fare, the rest is the employees responsibility.
Mornings/Whole day consists of recieving mail, sorting them and redistributing them through out the entire office.On busy days, there will be heavy volumes of print and scanning projects delivered to Office Services.Completion of projects depends on the volume and the degree of difficulty to perform them. It may only take an hour or two at times, but – more... can also occupy your time for the whole day. After the mail is delivered, inventory is reviewed for supplies. Also, there will be client conferences that will need to be set up as well. Management has downsized staff and has the extra work load redistributed and added to existing job functions and roles for the remaining employees. What used to be a 4 man crew in the firm's mailroom has come down to 1. This makes it really hard to do your regular task because of time constraints with other various projects or set ups needed to be done, specially if there is an urgency for them to be done right away. Aside from those obstacles, majority of the people in the firm are very pleasant to work with and are a good source of relief and laughter. – less
Plenty of work to keep me busy
Receptionist (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAMay 23, 2012
I anwer the phone and take care of all the records for our Palo Alto office. If the day is slow I will find projects to keep me busy. I enjoy staying busy and that would have to be my favorite thing about my job.