Dot Foods, Inc. Employee Reviews

great place to work
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNSeptember 26, 2017
Dot foods is a wonderful place to work I just need a local job to be able to help my wife out more with our family.... I loved the freedom of driving but long distances aren't going to work out for me and my family
Productive workplace, family orientated, constantly building on
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mt. Sterling, ILSeptember 22, 2017
Depending on what job assigned, either picking orders for customers, filling the slots for picking orders, receiving product from suppliers, putting received product away, loading product on trailers to ship out to customers. I also filled the role of leadperson and assigned jobs to the workforce, either for receiving product or loading product, and taking calls from other departments within the plant.
Pros
Tvs in breakrooms, pool tables and ping pong tables in one breakroom
Cons
Short breaks
Fast paced, fun
Warehouse Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Burley, IDSeptember 20, 2017
Fast paced job, competitive. Great for staying fit and keeping your mind and body active. Paid competitive wages including Incentive Based Pay, giving you bonus money for working harder.
Pros
Bonus money
Cons
Long hours, heavy lifting
Otger
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Mt. Sterling, ILSeptember 15, 2017
Great family based company, fast pace work, great work environment, friendly workers and management. Great benefits and work ethic, very famimy oriented company
Different routes available
Customer Service delivery (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 6, 2017
Dot Foods is a good company to work for. Dispatch is fair and will work with drivers to meet special needs. Local management supports drivers and will work with drivers.
Pros
Good managers
Cons
Losing small company feel.
great company sad I had to leave
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee) –  Cambridge City, INSeptember 6, 2017
Dot was a very good company for me to get my feet wet as a employee. I thrived in the atmosphere of being paid for exactly how much you did and how efficient you were. Bi weekly production bonuses were a thing of beauty.
Amazing company to work for!
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKAugust 27, 2017
Family oriented business that believes in developing local communities and their employees. The culture is phenomenal with a strong focus on diversity and inclusion.
Pros
Amazing company, fantastic culture, high involvement in the community, great benefits
Cons
Can be difficult to advance if you are not willing to relocate.
Not given enough hours
Gate Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Mt. Sterling, ILAugust 19, 2017
I would not recommend to work there, they are only worried about warehouse workers and not anything else. They fire more employees than anyone in the area.
Horriable
picker, loader, unloader, receiver (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKAugust 1, 2017
This was the worst place I ever worked at. Harder you work, worse your treated. I would recommend this job to anyone. The way treated women worked was awful.
Pros
Cons
to many to list
Great workplace.
Customer Service Clerk/Order Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, IL 62353July 26, 2017
A typical day at work I get to work 15 to 30 minutes early. Just in case something happens to my car. I enjoy working. I am a hard worker. Like getting new work given to me. I enjoy changes if need to my work. I know 10-key, data entry, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. I will do almost any type of work. Honestly I need a job.
Pros
Samples from distributors, great co-workers, team work excellent, fantastic bosses.
Positive attitude comes down from management
Customer Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vidalia, GAJuly 23, 2017
Great employee driven company. Trend setting! Excellent training keeps employees on cutting edge. Strict guidelines to job description and requirements keep you on tract...If you stay at Dot you will become the "elite" in your field...Vacation, Healthcare, 401k, quarterly bonuses and profit sharing really are compensation above and beyond yearly pay....Dot is a family owned business competing successfully in a cut throat corporate world.
Pros
Safety comes first
Cons
Tough work
Excellent place to work!!!
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNJuly 19, 2017
The supervisors are all amazing and will work with you. It's an all around friendly environment and welcoming to any new people. There are always opportunities to move up.
Pros
Food discounts, insurance
Family oriented
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Mount Sterling, ILJuly 16, 2017
Great place to work. Fast paced environment. 4 day work week it can be three day work week if you don't mind working every weekend. 2 weeks paid vacation when you start
Great company to work for.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, MDJuly 11, 2017
Great driver training and over all great company.great equipment. Great mechanics that take care of you and your tractor. For the most part good people and co workers.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Not the best home time.
Great workplace with ping pong and football tables and tvs
Warehouse Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Burley, IDJune 30, 2017
Really great area to work. Learn a lot new things. Will work in freezer as well. Learn new things. Must be productive and with safety always on your mind. But a great place to work
Productive and fast past but also understanding
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  University Park, ILJune 26, 2017
Amazing company. Great atmosphere for growth and development. They genuinely care about their employees. They also take pride in helping neighboring communities with many different charities.
Driver/Yard Worker (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJune 26, 2017
Some managers are poor. If your unlucky to get a poor 1 then it is extremely poor and you'll hate it. In the pay range, you'll always get the lowest rate no matter exp.
Cons
Pay rate is always the lowest in the range they offer
Excellent Company
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Burley, IDJune 20, 2017
This is probably as good as it gets as a truck driver. The pay is great and the benefits are amazing. The company is outstanding. It is a company with high expectations and standards. Like anywhere, some people in the organization are better than others.
Pros
Benefits are outstanding
Cons
It's still truck driving.
Good workplace
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, ILJune 13, 2017
Very good company. Work is repetitive and freezer is very cold. Very flexible with work hours. Never really have mandatory overtime it is all voluntary overtime
worked for a short time (temp)
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, MDJune 12, 2017
wish that i would of had a chance to be hired on by this company. I was there during there audit and the managers complimented me on my work. I loved the employess that I met and was happy that they worked for this company not sure if they hire felons.