Dot Foods, Inc. Employee Reviews

great place to work
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, mdJanuary 17, 2017
Great place to work. Co workers, trainers, and supervision are very helpful in learning your job tasks. Excellent vibe in warehouse very positive. Physically demanding job if your not body isn't conditioned to repetitive lifting and being on your feet for long periods of time it might not be the job for you. Personally I love it. Excellent benefits and incentives as well.
Pros
get paid to work out
Cons
down time here and there waiting on loads to be dropped
Accounts Receivable
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mt. Sterling, ILJanuary 10, 2017
I was terminated due to death in family and managers discretion on time being allotted. This manager is no longer there. I loved my job and the people I worked with. Was fast paced, challenging at times, team working position.
Pros
1/2 or 1 hour lunches
Cons
Time allottment
Awful place to work
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Cambridge City, INJanuary 5, 2017
It is a very awful place to work. The management is horrible, even if you are doing your very best they expect more and are constantly harassing you. It is a horrible place to work for females. They are treated differently and are not allowed to advance or learn new things within the warehouse because of their gender. The supervisors are lazy and never work on the floor they sit in the office and play on their phones all day long. The management picks favorites and lets certain people get away with things and punishes the others for it. The ONLY good thing about this job is some of the co-workers I have just because they are going through the same mistreatment. Management also lies to you about scheduling, pay, and time off. I would not recommend anyone to apply and work at DOT Foods.
Pros
None.
Cons
Management is awful, low pay, bad hours and scheduling.
Good Benefits
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDDecember 14, 2016
Selecting orders and stacking them on pallets neatly. Freezer work. Fast paced environment. Good benefits. Hardest part of the job is staying warm in the freezer.
Poor management..poor employee communication
Spotter (Former Employee) –  Mt. Sterling, ILDecember 11, 2016
After 17 years they let me go because I became ill. If this is the definition of family oriented company I want no part of it! They talk the talk but can't back it up!
Pros
Lunch
No home time
ASSITANT DISPATCHER (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKDecember 9, 2016
Discriminates against women in management. Co-workers are great to work with. Management needs a major overhaul. There has been 5 General Managers in less than 10 years. High turn over rate.
Pros
Paid every two weeks
Cons
no breaks, no lunch breaks, a lot of discrimination
Fun and Exciting - Never a dull moment at Dot Foods
Training Department (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, ILNovember 29, 2016
There are so many working pieces that make Dot Foods successful. I was able to work with many departments, which make every day different. I learned so much about supply chain management - from the warehouse to the delivery - my overall experience was very pleasant.
awful as a warehouse worker
Inventory Associate Equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKNovember 29, 2016
If you are a women, please don't bother.
The upper management is a male domant company.
They have fired any women in upper management.
I was harassed and bullied...
Pros
Cons
Harassment
Productive, although not enjoyable
Order Selector/Forklift Operator/loader/Picker (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, ILNovember 27, 2016
I learned quite a few skills working there that will last me for a lifetime although working 12 hours at night in a freezer was not fun and left little to no time for a personal life.

The management at dot foods was rough at best. I spent 16 moths trying to get information about tuition assistance from my leadman, It wasn't untill I submited my 2 week notice that I got that information.
My co-workers were quite the opposite of that, most were very lively and enjoyable to be around and work with. That said, the amount of time one could spend getting acquainted was minimal, working in a production based job there is not much "breathing time".

The job its self was not difficult, what made it hard was the conditions. Working in a -15F with all the gear on to keep you warm and a harness to top it off made moving difficult and any exposed skin was freezer burnt very quickly.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers, during breaks they were quite enjoyable.
Pros
Decent pay, awesome co-workers.
Cons
Unknowable leads, Rough conditions, long hours.
Great staff and wonderful experiences
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Burley, IDNovember 10, 2016
As easy hours and high pay were a plus, It was always looked forward to going to work. The co-workers are very fun to be around but professional too.
Great Company
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Cambridge City, INOctober 28, 2016
Great company, great equipment, great culture, great benefits, great perks, but the pay is not worth the backbreaking work. If you are single or your kids are already grown it's a great company.
Pros
Cons
$900 bringhome every two weeks
Pretty good first driving job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 21, 2016
I worked 4x4 schedule as delivery driver and it quite does not work out. Expect 30000 salary not 50k as promissed. To make money you have to do deliveries and throw cases which is exremely labor intensive and again you are on busy docks, freezers where injuries occur. Now as far as onboarding and training they have fantastic program and really do make you feel welcome. On the other side there is serious incompetence in the management. The problem is that most inherited the job by being there many years, which does not mean they are good leaders and it shows. As far as truck driver you are told that you are the most valuable asset but you arent treated that way.
Pros
Good training, good shop, good hometime
Cons
Low pay, incompetent management
Great place
Tranfer driver (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKOctober 13, 2016
Great place to work with great pay and benefits. Very safety oriented, growing company with committed staff and customers.
Pros
Pay, benefits, driver appreciation activities, great people
Cons
Job advancement, education
Great Place to work at while in college.
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, ILOctober 10, 2016
Dot foods is a wonderful location to be employed at while in school. They do a wonderful job of working with your schedule and the pay is very competitive.
Great for part-time, do not apply if not used to frequent work changes
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Mount Sterling, ILOctober 7, 2016
Good for part-time workers, frequent management changes and poor decision making. Very fair pay and fair full-time benefits. Work procedures put forth by management tend to be the biggest complaint.
Pros
insurance, vacation time, morning break, lunch break, afternoon break
Cons
management
Part time job
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Mt. Sterling, ILOctober 5, 2016
I work here part time going through school. Its good money but i dont enjoy it. The people who work there are fast paced hard workers. If you can show up and pass a drug test it is a fine job.
other workers okay to work with
Refer Tech III (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKOctober 2, 2016
Upper management only cared about the best interest of themselves, not you. I can say that by working there I have learned how to be a better manager and supervisor by doing what was not done to me
Nice People
Crossdock Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILSeptember 14, 2016
Dot listens and values your opinion and frequently uses it for improvements. Company cares about its employees and stresses that at every opportunity.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Lazy People
Great Company to work for
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYSeptember 3, 2016
Local management was not too good with associate (Warehouse manager). But the company was good to their people on many areas. Great open door policy! The HR VP was very good listener and good on assisting in personal growth. Would recommend to a friend
Productive Workplace
Warehouse Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Cambridge City, INAugust 30, 2016
Great starting job for young individuals who work here and are attending college. Good people all around. Good supervisors. The end of the day is usually the hardest part of the job. Lots of weight lifting lets you feel it at the end of the night. Taught me a lot about detail.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dot Foods, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9