DOT FOODS, INC

DOT FOODS, INC Employer Reviews

Hard work and long hours but the benefits in returned made up for them.
Stockman (Former Employee), Mount Sterling, ILAugust 26, 2013
Pros: pay and benefits were nice
Cons: long days
I worked in a freezer warehouse and I did three 12 hour days a week. The days felt long but the employer gave us a extra break and the pay and benefits were great.
Supervisor and Manintenance staff were always very helpful giving the information needed to do a good job
Clerk/Admin Support (Former Employee), Williamsport, MDMarch 20, 2013
Pros: great work environment
Cons: the maintscape data base was not very user friendly
A typical day included data entry, working with our supervisor on different tasks, assisting staff looking for status of workorders, parts, purchase orders, etc from data base. I have acquired a lot of knowledge over the years learning to organize and maintain a good forklift parts inventory, how to enter all the information in the data base so it can – more... be found easily and deal with constant interruptions from managemtent and co-workers who always respected what I did and tried to help in any way they could. The hardest part of the job was figuring out ways to use our data base system so when our supervisor asked for specific information I could easily find an answer to his questions and the most enjoyable part of the job was when I had succeeded in helping discover new ways to find the information needed and was commended on all the hard work involved. – less
Great opportunity
Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee), Mount Sterling, ILMarch 3, 2013
Pros: fair compensation, family-friendly shifts
Cons: travel distance, dangerous work conditions
My experience working for Dot Foods has been very pleasant. It is a well-respected company and the employees are treated fairly and compensated appropriately.
Good company culture, ownership has strong family values
Manager, Warehouse (Current Employee), Liverpool, NYFebruary 25, 2013
Excellent people place, strong family culture at the owner level
Great company, tough job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Liverpool, NYJanuary 15, 2013
Pay and company are great; hours are tough and job was very demanding.
great place to work
loader/unloader/order selector/trainer (Former Employee), Mount Sterling, ILNovember 19, 2012
Pros: work hours, people job itself pay is good
Cons: management is bad they show favoritism alot and do alot of blaming
excellent place to work if you can get on it wonderful they have so many extras it great
Love love the people and benefits. Compensation is horrible for Admin
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee), Ardmore, OKAugust 23, 2012
Pros: benefits are amazing. low cost for us and great coverage
Cons: i feel being a long term employee that i should be compensate more fairly.
I solve alot of discrepancies with finding thousands of dollars missing in product. After researching and working through different scenarios of where it could be. I can "generally" find it. There are the rare instances that I cant. However, I dont give up until all ditch efforts have been made.
nice place to work
trainer for new, in-coming employees (Former Employee), Mount Sterling, ILAugust 16, 2012
Pros: good work hours
Cons: favorites in management
they have three 12 hour days and 4 10 hr days that helps if you need extra days off management has gotten pretty bad over the years but the people are great and the work is good its like your your own boss when on the floor doing your job