Dots Inc

Dots Inc United States Employee Reviews

Very little compensation and no potential to move up
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2014
It is ok for a side gig, but do not make a career of it Not much of upward mobility with the company. Also very low compensation
FUN
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 10, 2014
Pros: great employee 50% off days
Cons: great contests
LEARNED ALOT FROM MANAGER . TYPICAL DAY WOULD BE NON STOP . CO WORKERS WERE GREAT . MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF JOB WHEN I HAVE COMPLETED MY DAY WITH MAKING MY DAILY GOAL
the most enjoyable part of the job
STORE MANAGER / TRAINING STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Lithonia, GAAugust 29, 2014
Pros: the pay
Cons: the long hours
The most enjoyable part of the job, was the enter action with the some of the customers.Watching how a woman change the way she feels when she put that outfit on you picked out for her. How grateful they were for the time you put in for helping them complete their look.
fun place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), college park gaJune 1, 2014
Pros: pay
Great place to work, promote within, helping customer, closed on thanksgiving ,Christmas,easter
Productive fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: not too many competetors in the area
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work consists of providing excellent customer service and processing freight. Co-Workers were pleasant to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people achieve fashion goals
Fun Workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), College Park, GAJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: love the clothes
Cons: no benfits
The job was okay but the upper management may need a little work...
Great company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), JohnstownOctober 28, 2013
Pros: a company that cares about their employees
Cons: it is retail!
I worked for Dots for 5 years as both an hourly associate and a manager. They were a great company that really cared about their employees. Our duties included processing merchandise as it came it the store. During the holidays, this could be a never-ending job but Dots would include bags of "goodies" like candy and snacks in the merchandise for the staff to share. It made it fun to try to find the surprises that the company would send. I would still be with the company today if our store hadn't closed because of a lease problem. Dots is a sound company that always made the job fun.
Fun, energetic and well organized environment
Store Manager (Current Employee), Merrillville, INJuly 19, 2013
Dots is a company where you can gain some awesome organizational skills.
Fun, energetic and fashionable.
Great Company to start a career in fashion.
Provide customers with a fun and enjoyable shopping experience.
Sales Associate - Cashier (Former Employee), Roseville, MIJune 13, 2013
Pros: employee discounts, fun envirnoment
Cons: short breaks
On a typical day I am working as a cashier, making sure each and every customer found what they wanted and made sure they ended their shopping experience with us on a great note. During the day I learned management requirements and how to supervise my team. My managers were excellent leaders and gave great feedback and I got along great with my co-workers. The hardest part of the day was during closing time and making sure the customers found what they needed and the store meet cleaning standards. The most enjoyable part of the day is helping customers and seeing the smiles on their face when you help them find their perfect assemble and more.
good for someone starting out
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cleveland Heights, OHMarch 24, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
its okay for someone under 18 and the customer are pretty nice
Retail Store
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Robbinsdale, MNJanuary 17, 2013
This job taught me how to be accountable and responsible. I was strongly encouraged to manage my time wisely. This position was a great start to my current work ethic. I was able to let myself transform into a great team player and was able to encourage other staff to do the same.
Busy
Cashier/Floor Sales associate (Former Employee), Evergreen Park, ILDecember 26, 2012
Pros: got to experience my first job
open store, assist manager in depositing money in the bank. Hanging new shipment, operating cash register, assisting customers with selecting merchandise. light maintenance. I don't really care to speak about the former co workers.
My first job and i actually liked it.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gary, INSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: working somewhere where u can actually go shopping while working
Cons: nonething
Everyday working at Dots was fun. i learned how to use the cash register and to communicate more with people. The management was pretty good. My co-workers was very nice people. The hardest part of the job was when somebody cash register came up short. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people.
N/A
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 6, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
A FAST PASED COM[PANY THAT DEMANDS AN AMPLE AMOUNT F TIME. OPEN ALL YEARS ROUND. IT OFFERS GREAT BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION.

Dots Inc Salaries