Dots Employee Reviews in United States

fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 3, 2016
closed down, clothes is really low price, easy going, always low prices awesome fashion but it closed down. I had a great manager im not sure where it would've gone if it would have stayed open.
Customer services
STORE MANGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 25, 2016
Giving high performances, customer servces, and meeting revenue goals. Cutomers are always feeling faulous and confident
Productive and fun days
SALES ASSOCIATE/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  North Riverside, ILMay 24, 2016
Dots had not so much benefits for sales associates, but we were able to have holiday pay, offered overtime, sometimes were able to have full-time hours. Personally I loved the job and plenty of opportunities to move up in the company, I didn't because I was also a full time student. They were able to work with my school schedule perfectly never really had a complaint. I loved this job wish it was still available.
Pros
flexible schedule, hours, benefits
Cons
Company filed bankruptcy
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDMay 21, 2016
this job was a dream for anyone with fashion background. it is no longer in business but was a great place to work. the employee discount was amazing also.
Dots an enjoyable job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 10, 2016
a typical day at work consisted of me working the cash register(point of sales), taking care of the upkeep of the job, providing customer service, answering phones and, and making sure to know what the sale of the day was and to know what the goal of the day in earnings was as well. What I took away from Dots was my customer service skills, and how to treat a customer, how to communicate with a customer, and how to build a relationship with the customer within a short period of time. Management was nice, but not that present within the store. They were not really hands on, they told you what they wanted the sales to be and the expectations they had for the store and that was it. The co-workers some were friendly others weren't, they were just there for the job. The hardest part of the job was when the store got really busy and there were not a lot of workers working that night. The most enjoyable part of the job was making sure the the customers walked out of the store with everything they wanted and giving them a pleasant experience will doing so .
Pros
fun environment
Cons
no breaks, understaff
Cashier and Sales Display Rep
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 27, 2016
Being a cashier and setting up sales displays while I enhanced my customer service and cashier skills. The hardest part was knowing and giving my best, while my boss allowed coworkers to slack. Most enjoyable part were the sales and the smiles on the customers faces after their transactions.
Pros
non
Cons
slacking coworkers
Fun and Productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIApril 27, 2016
I had fun working here. Flexible scheduled. Love the environment and the people I worked with. I also enjoyed shopping there.
Pros
upbeat and organized
Cons
minimal hours and pay
Productive and fun workspace that provides learning experiences.
Assistant Manager/Manager (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAApril 17, 2016
A typical day at work included opening, dropping the deposit off at the bank and getting change. Afterwards I'd get my registers ready for the day and prep my sales associate by telling her/him the goals set.
Amazing all around
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanuet, NYApril 10, 2016
Dots had an easy going and relaxed vibe at the same time. It was the atmosphere that drew people to our store, I believe. There was just this ambiance of love and desire to help within our store. The people I worked with were also amazing and they made sure that everybody on board truly understood everything. The customers were also amazing, they made my job ten times easier to be honest.
My experience at Dots
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Crest Hill, ILApril 8, 2016
Dots was one of my best jobs to work at. To me it wasn't just a job, but a family. I started out as a sales associate and made my way up to temporary store manager. I loved helping clients find outfits, gifts etc... But at the end there were just too many shoplifters.
Pros
I learned how to associate with my clients
Cons
I had to give up working there due to the dangers of shoplifters.
Productive and Energetic work enviroment
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 5, 2016
Fun, fast pace, and progressive company to work for. The compensation was competitive with other clothing retailers. The benefits were great.
Learned A lot
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTMarch 23, 2016
I got good valuable job experience on this job. You encounter a diverse customer base however this company has high customer retention rates. Unfortunately company went out of business, I believe now they are operating in a few locations.
very enjoyable creating outfits for our customer
Multi Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHMarch 3, 2016
multi store manager ....overseeing multi stores during Q3/4...hiring the right talent to deliver results. Floor sets every two weeks and markdowns weekly along with marketing updates
Pros
Great DM who provided coaching and development
Cons
Company closed
it was not fun
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2016
i didn't very much like working here at all they were very unorganized they had a lot going on people were stealing money from the company as well
Great Place To Work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJanuary 27, 2016
I was with the company for 6 years and the company closed twice. I went back the second time because I knew my D.M. would be the same and I loved her, I will not go back again. Great memories and a great learn experience.
fashion forward
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2016
great place to work. opening and closing. Managing store when needed. The hardest part was telling customers when we did not have an item in stock. The most enjoyable part was find trendy outfits.
Dots was a very loving work place.
Area Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MIJanuary 4, 2016
Dots typical work day as a store manager would be making morning bank drops and opening store up on time. Once store is open then check email as my sale associate walk the floor to make sure the store looks good for are customers after the walk threw we are ready to go over the store sale goals, item of the week and job duties for that day. The hardest part of the job having old computer systems that would frezz up on you. The most enjoyable part of my job was the customers and helping them feel and look good and getting a paycheck to do what I love.
Pros
The pros for working for Dots was 40% also the pay rate.
Cons
Working long over hours and no extra pay because of being on salary.
Very productive workplace , fun enviroment , always making new long-time customers
Customer service/Cashier/Setting up new inventory (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 30, 2015
Working at Dots was a very fun experience. It was my first retail store and I would have stayed longer if the business hadn't closed down. But over all working at Dots taught me that you can have a lot of fun at the place you work as long as the rules are being followed and the requirements for the day at met. I would love to work in another retail store like this one because of how small it was. Meaning there usually only had to be two people working a day to keep the store together. However I wouldn't mind working in a larger environment because I find staying busy is one of my best traits. I would say the hardest part about working there was trying not to buy everything I seen on pay day. Really working there was an awesome experience from cleaning the dressing rooms to organizing the jewelry to creating a new fun outfits for the manikins there was really never a bad time unless we had ran out of a product or something to that nature.
Pros
Free lunch, could listen to music through out the day
Cons
Short breaks
great place to learn about fashion
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hillside, ILDecember 9, 2015
i worked and was getting a raise right before it went out of business . now the company is called rainbow. which the clothing is high priced .
Pros
learn alot about fashion
Cons
managment wasnt that great at the time
Fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNDecember 4, 2015
I absolutely loved working at Dots clothing store. My managers were great women which made working a pleasure.The company it self needs to consider the employees a little more.