Dots Employee Reviews

Clothing company for women and discounted prices
Senior Sales Associate / Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 23, 2016
Originally, store sold many name brand overstocks at $10 or less, then changed and began selling their own brand at higher prices and got away from the known brand clothing. The quality of the store brand got better over time, but the store had internal issues with the owners
Pros
Great benefits, such as free clothing
Cons
Owners extremely prejudice
Great Teams and Leadership
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 14, 2016
Hard working teams - meeting guest expectations.
Managment fair
Leadership courageous and positive
Guest experience a priority - making it fun for our guest.
The best job ever!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILSeptember 12, 2016
This was defiantly my fav job! As i got to shop and work at the same time! I loved helping the ladies look beautiful for a night out! I wish i could work back here sometimes!
Pros
Everything!
Cons
They would over work you sometimes.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Maple Heights, OHAugust 27, 2016
Everyday I provided excellent customer service, by greeting customers with a positive and friendly attitude. I learned about the new trends and how to display merchandise and floor sets. Management was just as hard working as the sales associates and cared about the staff. My co-workers were easy to get along with and a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job was trying to please everyone. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting a variety of people and building long term relationships.
Pros
Meeting new people, discounts on merchandise, and preparing merchandise displays
Cons
Pay rate was low for the amount of work that needed to be completed, no security guards in the store
nice environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington, PA 15301August 8, 2016
cashier. stocking clothes, cleaning up around store, helping customers.
management was very nice and understanding. they worked with my school schedule. co-workers were nice and easy to work with
fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 3, 2016
closed down, clothes is really low price, easy going, always low prices awesome fashion but it closed down. I had a great manager im not sure where it would've gone if it would have stayed open.
Fun place to work at.
STORE MANAGER IN TRAINING/ ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, TXMay 26, 2016
As every other Retail stores, it is focused on the customer. Kept an upbeat look on the jobs at hand, everyday learning experience. Great co-workers that kept the business fun. The hardest part was dealing with difficult customers, but management always backed the teams.
Pros
great place, work atmosphere always positive
Cons
salary was on the lower side
Customer services
STORE MANGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 25, 2016
Giving high performances, customer servces, and meeting revenue goals. Cutomers are always feeling faulous and confident
Productive and fun days
SALES ASSOCIATE/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  North Riverside, ILMay 24, 2016
Dots had not so much benefits for sales associates, but we were able to have holiday pay, offered overtime, sometimes were able to have full-time hours. Personally I loved the job and plenty of opportunities to move up in the company, I didn't because I was also a full time student. They were able to work with my school schedule perfectly never really had a complaint. I loved this job wish it was still available.
Pros
flexible schedule, hours, benefits
Cons
Company filed bankruptcy
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDMay 21, 2016
this job was a dream for anyone with fashion background. it is no longer in business but was a great place to work. the employee discount was amazing also.
Dots an enjoyable job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 10, 2016
a typical day at work consisted of me working the cash register(point of sales), taking care of the upkeep of the job, providing customer service, answering phones and, and making sure to know what the sale of the day was and to know what the goal of the day in earnings was as well. What I took away from Dots was my customer service skills, and how to treat a customer, how to communicate with a customer, and how to build a relationship with the customer within a short period of time. Management was nice, but not that present within the store. They were not really hands on, they told you what they wanted the sales to be and the expectations they had for the store and that was it. The co-workers some were friendly others weren't, they were just there for the job. The hardest part of the job was when the store got really busy and there were not a lot of workers working that night. The most enjoyable part of the job was making sure the the customers walked out of the store with everything they wanted and giving them a pleasant experience will doing so .
Pros
fun environment
Cons
no breaks, understaff
Cashier and Sales Display Rep
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 27, 2016
Being a cashier and setting up sales displays while I enhanced my customer service and cashier skills. The hardest part was knowing and giving my best, while my boss allowed coworkers to slack. Most enjoyable part were the sales and the smiles on the customers faces after their transactions.
Pros
non
Cons
slacking coworkers
Fun and Productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIApril 27, 2016
I had fun working here. Flexible scheduled. Love the environment and the people I worked with. I also enjoyed shopping there.
Pros
upbeat and organized
Cons
minimal hours and pay
Productive and fun workspace that provides learning experiences.
Assistant Manager/Manager (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAApril 17, 2016
A typical day at work included opening, dropping the deposit off at the bank and getting change. Afterwards I'd get my registers ready for the day and prep my sales associate by telling her/him the goals set.
Amazing all around
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanuet, NYApril 10, 2016
Dots had an easy going and relaxed vibe at the same time. It was the atmosphere that drew people to our store, I believe. There was just this ambiance of love and desire to help within our store. The people I worked with were also amazing and they made sure that everybody on board truly understood everything. The customers were also amazing, they made my job ten times easier to be honest.
My experience at Dots
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Crest Hill, ILApril 8, 2016
Dots was one of my best jobs to work at. To me it wasn't just a job, but a family. I started out as a sales associate and made my way up to temporary store manager. I loved helping clients find outfits, gifts etc... But at the end there were just too many shoplifters.
Pros
I learned how to associate with my clients
Cons
I had to give up working there due to the dangers of shoplifters.
Productive and Energetic work enviroment
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 5, 2016
Fun, fast pace, and progressive company to work for. The compensation was competitive with other clothing retailers. The benefits were great.
Learned A lot
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTMarch 23, 2016
I got good valuable job experience on this job. You encounter a diverse customer base however this company has high customer retention rates. Unfortunately company went out of business, I believe now they are operating in a few locations.
very enjoyable creating outfits for our customer
Multi Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHMarch 3, 2016
multi store manager ....overseeing multi stores during Q3/4...hiring the right talent to deliver results. Floor sets every two weeks and markdowns weekly along with marketing updates
Pros
Great DM who provided coaching and development
Cons
Company closed
it was not fun
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2016
i didn't very much like working here at all they were very unorganized they had a lot going on people were stealing money from the company as well