Dots Employee Reviews

Be fashionable at wok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2015
Dots is a clothing retail store that requires you to be fashionable. It is very fast pace at times with rush hours during holidays. The pay is minimum, but if you love fashion then it won't bother you.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
pay
Great job loved it
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Norfolk,VAJuly 6, 2015
Open and close store. Payroll and work schedule. Cashier and open dressing room. Answer phones and size question for customers.
Pros
Cons
Business closed
dots
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 4, 2015
dots closed their doors due to going bankrupt they gave the management a months notice but told us not to inform the associates until 2 weeks prior a lot of them were devistated
Nice Clothes
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIMay 17, 2015
I would have to run cash register, stock merchandise, open and close store depending on your hours that day, manage employees.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
no set hours
Really Awesome Job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMay 6, 2015
I worked for Dots twice and if they wouldn't have gone out of business I would still be there. I loved the team work and enjoyed helping customers on a one on one basis.
fun work place
Sale associate /cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 23, 2015
This job was very. a typical day would be to clean the store, arrange the clothes and check out customers. my co-workers were very nice, and easy to get along with.the hardest part of this job was to deal with rude customers, but other than that the job it self was very fun.
Pros
15% off purchase for employees, laid back job
Decent
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Long Branch, NJApril 21, 2015
My fellow coworker I became really close to but the management not so much. The manger would no work as hard and would take advantage of those of us who did a good job.
Safe environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTApril 14, 2015
The management wasn't always the best, but I managed to work my way through the day best as possible. Leaving for lunch breaks was hard at times due to it only being two workers there at a time and no one was aloud to be left alone.
Pros
Only two people worked at at time, that made leaving for lunch hard.
Cons
Short breaks
Dots
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 5, 2015
I enjoy working with people and learning. what I did not like was the location of the retail stores. They were in unsafe areas.
Pros
driving the business and customer service
Cons
locations of retail stores
Clothes Clothes and More Clothes
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Southgate MichiganFebruary 2, 2015
This job for me really began the quest in discovering what kind of work I wanted. I was quickly realizing it was the clothing industry.
Pros
freindly work environment
Cons
boring.
A job you wish you have the right supervisor that allows you to show you what you can do!
Senior Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHJanuary 28, 2015
I was recruited away from my previous company Family Dollar Stores. The individual that was the deciding factor was my supervisor who had similar background and gave me the tools to develop into an outstanding Senior Project Manager of Construction.

Enjoyed the ways to introduce new concepts and systems to reduce costs improve overall comfort and durability of systems and fixtures within the retail store package.

I worked with all the department personnel on a daily basis as well as a large majority of other departments on schedules, progress updates and collaboration of teams to work within the field to get the projects done as scheduled.

Unfortunately the 2008 credit crisis/ slow down of the economy altered my future with Dots, LLC as I was laid off in March of 2009 as a large number of middle managers were laid off.
Pros
good working conditions, good pay, great supervisor and department team
Cons
laid off as a group of middle managers, limited notice to trim expenses due to the economy slow down
Dots was a friendly place to work.
To assist customers in finding the right clothing (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 27, 2015
At Dots, i worked as a cashier, stocker, and also customer service. This was where I learned how to work a cash register. My management team was very nice. They always helped us out when we needed it. Tagging clothes was the hardest part of my job. I loved to work there because we had lots of good times.
Pros
discount on clothing
Cons
tagging clothing
Unstable Company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  orlando flJanuary 26, 2015
I learned a lot from what I could take from the job but I was never to pleased with how they treated their employees.
Dots is a very nice and fashionable company to work with
Fulltime Assistant (Former Employee) –  ypsilanti, miJanuary 11, 2015
A typical day at Dots is morning paperwork, shipment, mannequin changes, and focusing on customer service. The management team was very skilled and responsible. I started off as a sales associate and work my way up to AM1. The company is a very good company if your looking to grow within your career. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you have a lot of regular customers that always comes back and shop with you. The company benefits and raises are good. The company cares about your needs. I have work with the company with 5yrs and I love everything about it.
Pros
healthcare, benefits, breaks, pay
Fun and witty work environment to work with women of all ethnic groups
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIDecember 23, 2014
I enjoyed working in sales and working with women because fashion is a way for women to come together and create a bond. I got a chance to help them find affordable fashions to wear on different occasions. A typical day depends on if we had special promotions on clothing items and then there were usually a rush after work hours. It was a pleasure working with management and co-workers to get a job done.
Loved working with all the outfits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 9, 2014
Fun job if you love clothing and socializing. Fashion was the best parting wearing what you wanted and making it yours. This job really taught me how to dress to impress for all occasions
A Day at Dots
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNNovember 11, 2014
- Typical day at work
Worked Part-time, Everyday varied.

- What I learned
Management training

-Management
Worked under Store Manager/Assistant Managers

-Co-workers
Got along with everyone

-The hardest part of the job
nothing it was easy

-The most enjoyable part of the job
Doing displays, organizing, stocking, setting up sales and holidays
Pros
the drive to work
Cons
wages
BEST JOB EVER
1st Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland, MONovember 10, 2014
To sum it all up... If Dots were still in business I would still be there!!! My team was awesome, the customers were amazing, the clothes were great, and my pay was SUPERB!!
busy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXOctober 27, 2014
i love it working there with the management and customers were great. and it was fun environment
Productive,fast pace
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNOctober 26, 2014
Everyday was somewhat different, One day i would come in and be cashier for most of the night others i would be at fitting room. I learned how to be patient and work on the register. The hardest thing was learning how to use the register. The most enjoyable part of the job was my employee discount.