Dots

Dots Employer Reviews

smh
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VASeptember 16, 2013
not so good hours suck and the pay is not good meeting is point less for this job because nothing changes
love fashion and customer service
Salesperson/Cashier (Former Employee), Villa Park, ILSeptember 2, 2013
Cons: no benefits or hours
Answer telephone inquiries from customer and stores regarding the status of inventory and other service issues. Assist customer with returns and purchasing store products.
Assist with Set up promotional displays and replenished stock.
Monitored sales targets and motivated sales team to achieve goals
It could very easy when its not crowed
team member performing cashier duties (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2013
the job was easy and nice, the hours arent that good you have to work a second job to supportyourself the shedule will fit your life if your in school
I loved it! It was me all the way!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dearborn Heights, MIAugust 16, 2013
A typical day at work, would be me meeting new customers, and being their consultant. I loved it!
I learned how to style better, also how to work with different people and also adjust to everybody taste in fashion.
I loved management they were so amazing.
My co-workers were the best! we always had a good time! No matter what!
The hardest part would – more... be censoring the clothes because you may get poked by a pin.
The most enjoyable part would be everything, I love retail! – less
Gave me the needed experience to begin a career in the retail industry and helped me decide my major in fashion design
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Trotwood, OHAugust 13, 2013
Mainly worked behind the counter as a cashier but on Mon. and Wed. worked on shipment and stock near counter area. Always had to multitask with the cash register and sales floor. Worked with many customers and created great customer service and communication skills. Management changed during my time there a couple times but the last manager before I – more... left gave me great inspiration to my career choice. My co-workers varied and transferred due to school and management opportunities at other locations. The hardest part of the job was trying to make goals within the store when there were dead hours. The most enjoyable moments were doing the store visuals and working with different types of customers. – less
My success was due to a wonderful company
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 13, 2013
Pros: advancement, benefits, generous compensation
Cons: location, long hours away from family
As a store manager for Dots I was very successful in a short period of time. Not only was I good at my job, loved it and was completely dedicated to it, my company mirrored that in me. Which became a total win /win situation for us both. I was the top manager in my district of 12 stores. I ran the highest volume store and exceeded sales goals every – more... month. Our store won the majority of all the sales competitions as well.
I was challenged and pushed myself to live up to those challenges. I was compensated generously and had a good relationship with my district and general managers. I left Dots after being transferred to one of our problem stores to turn it around, which I did. I took the store from trending down 11% to trending up 23% with in 2 months. However the store was in a very bad area of town and I became afraid to go to work. After discussing my concerns with my district manager I was given the opportunity to relocate but would have had to move into a assistant manager position, I was offered the bar manager position at the Eagles where I had been working part time. – less
Fun work enviornment love the customers not so good company
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 31, 2013
Cons: unprofessional bad managenemt
As the senior sales it was my job to train other employees along with completing the basic functions of a sales associate. The customers that came into the store were like family and were mostly plesant. The management was very unorganized and unprofessional. The avenues they give the employees to bring awareness to the superiors was uneffictive. the – more... managment passed out the workloads unfairly and were very unproductive themselves. Not a very good team attitude they over worked and under paid. – less
Very energetic and fun place work
1st Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Griffith, INJuly 20, 2013
Pros: being able to express my ideas to bring in more customers and motivate the employees (contest, outings and promotions)
Cons: not able to reach my goal of having my own store in a timely manner.
The most enjoyable part of this job was the relationships that I had the opportunity to establish with the customers. I really enjoyed working with them and have maintained a friendship with many of them til this day. The most rewarding part of this position was accomplishing all of the corporate goals and consistently achieving our quotas to bonus. – more... All of my responsibilities would push me to strive harder everyday to succeed. – less
high school/college job
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saugus, MAJuly 10, 2013
This was a great job while in high school and college. I enjoyed working here
Boring and never had work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), McKinney, TXJuly 5, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: not enough hours
I worked at dots for two years and they never gave me hours. and I learned how to clean, fold clothes, and help out and talk to customers. my manger quite. the new manger didn't know what to and still gave me no hour. I didn't have a hard part I love working with fashion and women. Helping a customer pick out an outfit.
Dots
Senior Sales (Former Employee), Dickson City, PAJuly 4, 2013
nice interacting with customers
loved completing her outfit
Fun and professional workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 5, 2013
Pros: great employee discounts
Cons: short breaks
The work place is very professional which is awesome .
I've learned great social skills and retail skills from working with this company also great merchandising skills.
HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK
Senior Sales (Former Employee), Morrow, GAMay 16, 2013
I CHOSE THE WRONG JOB WHEN I FIRST MOVED TO GEORGIA. THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES
Cheery and upbeat workplace
Key Holder/Customer Service (Former Employee), Dickson City, PAApril 23, 2013
being a key holder and taking on manager responsibilities when no manager was present. Open/close the store, manage the cash drawers along with bank deposits, and Customer service.
I was a Sales Associate at Dots. I loved to work with customers and help chose an outfit for them.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Warren, MIApril 10, 2013
I help customers complete their outfits with accessories, complete daily sales goals and work as a cashier.
Fun with a nice calm working atmosphere.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 4, 2013
Enjoyed everyday at work. With any work place there were some minor incidents but known involving myself. Management was great and co-workers got along. I really enjoyed all my customers.
Fun work place, and great coworkers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), rochester, NYMarch 5, 2013
* 8-12 hour shifts
* I learned how to manage employees. Do payroll and scheduling.
* I enjoyed every day helping customers and keeping up to date with
fashion. I also enjoyed doing the daily paperwork.
Was a fun work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 2, 2013
opening the store ....making sure all store numbers were correct....making sure the team was ready for the day.
fun, friendly environment
Store Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: loved that the company asked for your input on what your store needs to be sufficient in sales
Cons: very unprofessional management
very fun, layed back enviroment

learned more about marketing, the sales goals, and how to reach your sales goals by servicing, talking about products, and add-ons

Co-workers were great in my store and very great people to be around

customers, co-workers, meetings, bonus program, and benefits were very enjoyable
Fun & Enjoyable Workplace
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Rockford, ILFebruary 11, 2013
Working for this company was enjoyable, typical day including helping woman find an outfit/or outfits that was comfortable to them and fitted their personal idea of fashion.