Dots Employee Reviews

Went out of business
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHApril 5, 2017
Closed all locations. I didn't get along with the store manager due to integrity conflicts. Not long after my departure the store closed all locations.
Fun out going work place
Assistant Manager, Sales desk operations (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TX 76016April 4, 2017
Very fun working environment.

Maintaining the sales floor

Opening and closing the store.

The job consit of various responsibilities that i was in charge of as the assistant manager.
Short staffed
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 27, 2017
Overall experience was pleasant..Short staffed at times..Employees were great to work with, pay was low -con. Not too many advancement opportunities..Needed to upgrade some of bank systems
Only good for temporary position in life
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 15, 2017
It's not good to be stuck in this place! I would not recommend thinking of making at career at Dots. The staff were sometimes rude and barely cared about the customers.
productive and fun
Key holder /Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 17, 2017
laid back environment. management is understandable good hours overall fun place to work. they works with your schedule
great place to work, has great benefits and alwasy hiring new employees. However this company is now out of business. It was a great company overall.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  13546 university plaza dr tampa fl 33612February 17, 2017
No longer exists
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHFebruary 6, 2017
I enjoyed working here because of the discounts on the plus size clothing, however, sadly, it went out of business!!! The downside when I worked here though was they failed to tell me I was only seasonal help and just quit scheduling me after January.
sales
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lantana, FLFebruary 6, 2017
They had a great security for the employees. They had great programs for developing and there is room for growth within the company. Great people and teamwork.
Productive place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 27, 2017
Dots was a fun company to work for.Dressing mannequins and putting together a outfit for people and their special occasion.The staff was great and the employee discount were even better.
Pros
discounts
Cons
extended hours with window changes
Shipping and receiving department
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHJanuary 24, 2017
Unloading and loading trucks picking orders for customers the shifts were good but company went out of business . Had weekends off got good discounts off items in they showed a lot of respect to there workers
Pros
Had weekends off
Cons
Went out of business
fun place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTDecember 28, 2016
Dots was great to bad this company does not exist anymore I would love to go back and work there again. Made employees feel wanted which helped drive the business with a breeze.
loed it
Sales Associate to Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, INDecember 23, 2016
I have two reason for me reaching out to you are: 1) at some point in the past you were exploring new insurance for Home, Auto or both. 2) I'm looking to expand my customer base by offering a no obligations insurance analysis. Now I have been in the insurance industry for the last couple of years, but I have recently started with the PMG Group powered by Allstate. One reason that I'm excited to be with this office is Allstate is offering a range of new discounts and incentives for new customers.

I would just need a few minutes of you time to get preliminary information and then I can send you a personal proposal for you records.
Pay didn't equal Work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 23, 2016
The pay at Dots as a manager really didn't equal the work. It was considerably low. Upper Management wasn't emphatic. I could go on and on about this company, but I don't have too. There's a reason why they closed their doors.
Pros
Cons
Many
Business closed, rumored to be opening up again.
Retail Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXNovember 30, 2016
Constant changes in upper management caused instability at the store level. Originally started off well, but after being sold, the company went down hill.
Retail
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 27, 2016
Overall, the retail store is fun and the employee discounts were perfect! Customers were the most exciting whether they were upset or happy but I loved seeing different people every day.
Good advancement opportunity
Associate (Former Employee) –  MINovember 27, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company. At the time there were lots of advancement opportunities and the upper management was very supportive on moving you up the ladder.
Pros
Great deals on products
Cons
low price point attracts a lot of rif raf
it was fun working with the peoplethat came to shop.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Johnston riNovember 10, 2016
Got along great with my coworker, store was alway looking very nice an clean. My manager was very consulate if you for any reason you could show up she understand, I never called late or call ed out to me my job is very important and serious to me.
Great work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 24, 2016
This was a fun experience learning new fashion lines that came out and being abe to set the floor each month based on the new trends in fashion. It was fun learning new styles every week.
Clothing company for women and discounted prices
Senior Sales Associate / Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 23, 2016
Originally, store sold many name brand overstocks at $10 or less, then changed and began selling their own brand at higher prices and got away from the known brand clothing. The quality of the store brand got better over time, but the store had internal issues with the owners
Pros
Great benefits, such as free clothing
Cons
Owners extremely prejudice
Great Teams and Leadership
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 14, 2016
Hard working teams - meeting guest expectations.
Managment fair
Leadership courageous and positive
Guest experience a priority - making it fun for our guest.