Dots

Dots Employee Reviews

Great workplace
Manager In Training (Former Employee), Elmwood Park, NJAugust 15, 2014
Most enjoyable was helping the customers.
Learned how to be a strong manager and leader
I loved working there because i love fashion
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Duluth, GAAugust 9, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with people and assist then in making up there minds
loved working for dots
Customer Service (Former Employee), Toledo, OHAugust 7, 2014
had awesome staff
easy to learn
loved my management
enjoyed going to work daily
excellent
Senior sales (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 22, 2014
Pros: room for growth
Excellent work place overall!!!!! I enjoyed this job wish it was still open. Fun place with fun work. I learned a lot of customer service here!!!!!
Fun environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 17, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: winter season
I enjoyed this job, the staff and management were nice and worked well together. The hardest part of the job was working in the winter because I was allergic to sweaters and broke out constantly.
dots
Dressing room Expert (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 15, 2014
The most enjoyable part of working at Dots was living out my dream of helping other woman find clothes in the store that made them feel beautiful. If a woman found a pair of jeans and a blouse, they asked me to help with earrings, necklace, a scarf or a hat to astuteness their outfit. I love being stylish but to use my skills of fashion to help others makes me happy.
Friendly, Fun, Easy going
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Casselberry, FLJuly 5, 2014
Pros: my staff and i were very close and felt like family.
Cons: the irate customers that came into my store and became very rude even with us trying to help.
A typical day at work was inviting, fun, an experience to remember, at Dots i learned how to manage my time, patience and enjoy even the down moments. My management Staff helped me to grow and learn more then i thought i knew, they helped me to become the person i am in my work place. The Co- workers were understanding willing to work and very easy to get a long with, they made my day at work easier and never gave me a hard time. The hardest part of my job was having someone leave my store with out anything in there hands. Everything was enjoyable about Dots, it was a laid back environment with loving staff and customers.
fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Macon, GAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: like owning your pwn business
Cons: went out of business
Great place to work unfortunately it went out of business. But it had a great culture, I really enjoyed working there
Fun place to work
Retail sales associate (Former Employee), Wethersfield, CTJune 18, 2014
Pros: fun place to work, meeting new personalities.
Cons: cleaning up after messes in the fitting rooms.
Interact with customers, ring out orders, open and organize the fitting rooms.
Fun place to work .
Store Manager (Former Employee), Muncie, INJune 8, 2014
Pros: pay, bonus, fun, dress code great sell what you wear.
Cons: no breaks, long hours
I enjoyed this company every day for 17 years. I was a training store manager and a new store opener . I had a lot of long term employees. co- manager for 15 years, 1 part timer for 10 years, 4 part timer for 5 years. I loved merchandizing , customer service. The hardest part was always saying yes to every customer even when they were wrong.
fun place to work at
Store Manager (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIMay 2, 2014
I loved working here met a lot of new friends from here and my co workers were awesome, the hardest part about my job was staying long hours and not getting paid for it.
Struggling company.
District Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 24, 2014
My day started as always reviewing sales numbers and accessing where and whom I need to speak to about the opportunities in the district.
I was able to get additional training at Dots. We had several training sessions on coaching and developing, scheduling, and overall team leadership. This provided another piece to go forward with knowledge to other companies and my growth.
The hardest part of the company was the failing business and unable to excel or grow into a higher position for anyone.
I enjoyed my teams and the customers.
Great retail experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bloomfield, NJApril 19, 2014
Pros: i looked forward to coming to work
Cons: short breaks, long hours
I learned how to deal with the customers at high traffic volume while still managing the floor all the while having the chance to work with a great and helpful staff. It was an amazing experince.
Productive and upbeat!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Akron, OHApril 8, 2014
Pros: store bonues and wage raises and the free lunches
Cons: short staff, not enough pay or staff members, benefits were terrible.
It was a great experience, I leaned so much within the 5 years of employment, far as differnet meanagement skills in customer service and sales. The management team as a whole was farely well but could use improvement. My co-workers were teachable at least the majority, but they were hard workers and at the same time we had alot of fun. The hardest part working at Dots was because the management team consistently changed, I mean once you got attached to one (SM) here comes a different one but luckily I got along with them all. The most enjoyable part was seeing the customers happy and satisfied with their purchase and the help they recieved upon arrival.
team buys and planning as a unit
Work Buyer (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 1, 2014
productive and energetic work environment. promoted team work
and cross functional meetings. product development and cohesive assortment plans.
Fashion inspired work environment
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 26, 2014
Pros: open, fun-loving, professional work environment
Cons: benefits and insurance
A typical workday consisted of assisting customers with their fashion selections and maintaining store appearance. I learned how to operate a fashion forward environment while keeping with store policies and guidelines. The management team was upbeat and friendly with professional advice for employees and customers. Co-workers were fun-loving charismatic people with a drive for excellent customer service. The hardest part of the job was POS system delays due to a dial up internet connection. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with other fashion conscious people and assisting a plethora of customers.
very good company to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), detroitMarch 22, 2014
I was store manager I was responsible for merchandising the floor, being responsible for the end result of wall displays, keeping payroll within store budget as well as low inventory.
Absolutely ridiculous
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 9, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: everything else
I worked at Dots for a year and rotated back and forth between two locations. At both locations, I had bad experiences. Poor management, lazy staff, and very rude customers. Which all would explain why the locations in Oklahoma are now shut down.
Fun place to work while enhancing your job skills
District Manager/District Trainer (Former Employee), Rhode Island/Mass.March 6, 2014
Pros: culture was about people, customer first mentality
Cons: stores closing
Looked forward to leading my team daily. Coacing,training and developing my team to achieve the desired results. The most difficult part of the job was closing stores and not being able to place the associates.
Love this job!!!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLFebruary 27, 2014
I love the people I worked with. I love the company it was always fun to be there. I'm sad its going out of business

Dots Salaries