Dots Employee Reviews in United States

Customer services
STORE MANGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 25, 2016
Giving high performances, customer servces, and meeting revenue goals. Cutomers are always feeling faulous and confident
Easy to move up but many problems
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIOctober 15, 2015
My immediate managers were like a family but top management lacked understanding. It was short staffed and told I wasn't allowed to take my vacation because so. Then I lost all vacation when the company went under. Overall the immediate people were awesome but many issues that led to the demise mainly care for employees.
Nice
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAOctober 26, 2015
Boutique style store. Update on all the latest styles in fashion. Management was big on reaching company set goals. Customer service was a big part of the job. The customers made working there a great experience they were fun and loyal. You got to know them. Company went bankrupt which left a lot of people without jobs
Busy productive workplace dealing with different types of personalities daily.
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJJuly 27, 2015
A typical day at Dot's consists of organizing clothes, greeting customers, assisting customers with outfits, assigning fitting rooms, filing, scheduling, and answering phone calls. With this job I learned how to manage money, keep a positive attitude even through rough times, maintaining a clean work place, and keeping an well and organized store setting. My coworkers made it easier for me to work with them by maintaining a positive and happy attitude. The hardest part of this job was dealing with the sneaky and chaotic customers because no matter what you have to smile and respect them no matter how wrong and disrespectful they are. The most enjoyable part of this job was to have a customer ask you to help them and they are amazed by your ideas and they become a frequent shopper.
Pros
The pros of this job is being able to satisfy a customer.
Cons
The cons of this job is that they're benefits aren't really helpful.
very exciting an fun environment
Retail Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 2, 2015
it was a steady work place. learning how to price tag clothing items was a great experience. I had a very flexible schedule. meeting new people was my upmost favorite.
Pros
gave enough hours
Cons
not good enough benefits
Exciting, energetic, and professional workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 3, 2015
My review of Dots LLC is nothing but an amazing experience. The best year I had with a company, especially since have been the only guy to work for a female clothing store. I had the opportunity of moving up as Assistant Manager in training before the business went bankruptcy.
Pros
The customers were amazing, my coworkers were really understanding.
Cons
Wasn't really any bad things to say.
Productive and upbeat!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 8, 2014
It was a great experience, I leaned so much within the 5 years of employment, far as differnet meanagement skills in customer service and sales. The management team as a whole was farely well but could use improvement. My co-workers were teachable at least the majority, but they were hard workers and at the same time we had alot of fun. The hardest part working at Dots was because the management team consistently changed, I mean once you got attached to one (SM) here comes a different one but luckily I got along with them all. The most enjoyable part was seeing the customers happy and satisfied with their purchase and the help they recieved upon arrival.
Pros
store bonues and wage raises and the free lunches
Cons
short staff, not enough pay or staff members, benefits were terrible.
Fantastic 12 years of my career at Dots. So sad where it ended.
VISUAL and NEW STORE PLANNING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Glenwillow, OHApril 29, 2014
Dots was a fantastic place to work. We opened 254 stores in my career at Dots and everyday was exciting, fun, and challenging. I reported directly to the Chief of Stores who is hands down the hardest manager/director I ever had to work for--but worth every penny he asked for: we were rewarded and coached.

Most enjoyable part of the job is my link to the field and the corporate office. Delivering an expectation to the field and delivering the how's and why's on how to get there.

Associate engagement, team, and fun.
Pros
culture, fun, fast paced, exciting. the customer!
Cons
lack of customer awareness in new management ended in bankruptcy.
Just like any other retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester BYSeptember 14, 2015
The more you know the better you can protect yourself from being taken advantage of when it comes to retail. I work with the company for 2 yrs and within that time, I went from loving the work environment to dreading it. I definitely learned that I was not a valued employee. We were seen as disposable.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Lots of On Call shifts, Poor management
Great Place To Work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJanuary 27, 2016
I was with the company for 6 years and the company closed twice. I went back the second time because I knew my D.M. would be the same and I loved her, I will not go back again. Great memories and a great learn experience.
Fun workplace.
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 26, 2015
The company overall was ok, they had a lot of corporate issues that affected the store. They had great benefits for store managers.
Pleasant enviorment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 23, 2015
The management team was very respectful and it was an overall great company to work for. The coworkers and customers were all very respectful.
it was not fun
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2016
i didn't very much like working here at all they were very unorganized they had a lot going on people were stealing money from the company as well
fashion forward
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2016
great place to work. opening and closing. Managing store when needed. The hardest part was telling customers when we did not have an item in stock. The most enjoyable part was find trendy outfits.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJSeptember 23, 2015
Do you love fashion? This job entailed being fashionable and helping customers in their search of their fashion desires. As well as handle cash and credit transaction via register.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
low paying
Lively!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glenolden, PASeptember 23, 2015
After clocking in on our computer based systems, I was delegated by a manager whether I was to work the sales floor, register, or fitting rooms. Once on the floor, I was expected to keep the areas around me organized which included folding shirts on flat displays, making sure clothes were hung properly, and the floor was clear of trash. The staff and customers were typically polite and energetic. I had never realized before working at an apparel store that there was a correct and incorrect way of hanging clothes. It was an amazing experience working with the other employees.
My success was due to a wonderful company
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 13, 2013
As a store manager for Dots I was very successful in a short period of time. Not only was I good at my job, loved it and was completely dedicated to it, my company mirrored that in me. Which became a total win /win situation for us both. I was the top manager in my district of 12 stores. I ran the highest volume store and exceeded sales goals every month. Our store won the majority of all the sales competitions as well.
I was challenged and pushed myself to live up to those challenges. I was compensated generously and had a good relationship with my district and general managers. I left Dots after being transferred to one of our problem stores to turn it around, which I did. I took the store from trending down 11% to trending up 23% with in 2 months. However the store was in a very bad area of town and I became afraid to go to work. After discussing my concerns with my district manager I was given the opportunity to relocate but would have had to move into a assistant manager position, I was offered the bar manager position at the Eagles where I had been working part time.
Pros
advancement, benefits, generous compensation
Cons
location, long hours away from family
fun place to work,dots will be missed
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  indianaApril 18, 2015
I worked at dots almost 8 years I started as a sales associate and made my way up to a senior sales then assistant manager I truly liked my job. My team was so down to earth not only did we make sales we had fun while doing it. This company truly did care about their employees like for example if you make your sales and under payroll a month,the management team get a bonus and the whole staff gets a goody box. Every year your at dots you get so much vacation and personal time i was up to 180 vacation hours that i didnt get to use because of the bankruptsy.Dots definitely appreciated their customers I will always miss this company. Simply bought dots name and rainbow took over their leases so to me dots is done because now you'll just find dots tags on simply fashion clothes not a good thing especially if you don't like simply fashion clothes :(
Pros
overtime when you work holidays
Cons
theft with customers/employees
Productive and fun workplace
Training Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 7, 2014
AS an employee with Dots, I was afforded the opportunity to grow as a Store manager by becoming a Training store manager and a New store opener. A typical day is performing the opening duties motivating my team, delegating, leading by example showing them what great customer service looks like. The most enjoyable part of my job was earning the respect of my peers and lending support to them when needed, interacting with the customers, training and developing my team and new mangers, visual displays and merchandising my store. There wasn't anything that was hard about the job except when it went out of business.
Pros
fun an friendly workplace, benefits, salary and the upper management knew field associates by name, and we had the best customers.
great place to be an individual
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 12, 2015
Company was ok to work for, needs help as far as management goes, needs to care more about employees. Company needs better advertising, pay and benefits.