Dots

Dots Employer Reviews

Dots is a very cool job for someone who does not have bills.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 18, 2014
The pay was awful and the management is very unprofessional and unfair.
trained so associates would grow within the company
Store Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 4, 2014
Customer service,tasking,and development. Learned how to control inventory and lp through customer service.
Fun environment for employees
Store Manager (Current Employee), West Springfield, MAJanuary 23, 2014
Fun store environment for employees, ability to offer great customer service and to get to know your customer.
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Warren, MIJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: not enough hours worked
worked together as a team
customers felt comfortable shopping
got along with others
My first job
Sales Associate/Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2014
The hardest part of the job was helping people pick out an outfit, because I have a certain way of dressing up (the colors I like, the type of fabric, etc.), which might be different for others, but I'm glad I learned how to help the customers out. It was always nice to see customers walk out the store with a smile.
Fashion!
Cashier/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Ewing, NJDecember 30, 2013
One of the best jobs I've had. Besides doing cashier, we had to make sure the items that was left out of order were back in place. Stocking clothing and accessories throughout the day. End of the day it was time to clean shop, which included vacumming, straightening up, and counting money.
Energetic Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 2, 2013
Enjoyed working with new people, and the people I worked with. Enjoyed assisting customers with purchases.
Working was very easy
Temporary Stock Crew (Former Employee), Boynton Beach, FLNovember 26, 2013
Even though I only worked temporarily the pace and the responsibilities I had were easy and fair.
Fun, relaxing atmosphere
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Methuen, MANovember 15, 2013
Customer Service. Working for Dots was a combination of work and play. I enjoyed working for the clothing store because I would shop there on a weekly basis. To me this was a fun part time job.
fun energetic
Cashier (Former Employee), Lodi, NJNovember 5, 2013
Pros: great fun enviorment
Cons: very short breaks
Getting the store ready for customers and putting new items up for display. Providing Customer service and assisting customers with fitting rooms and to look for certain items.
Loved working here
Cashier (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: great looks for low prices
Cons: not enough pay
Dots is a great company with great prices. Coworkers were fun and easy to get along with.
Location was not safe
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), West FlorissantSeptember 25, 2013
Manager
- open/close store
- shipment processing
- inventory control
- payroll control
Very fun atmosphere with lots of fun things to do
Store Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 20, 2013
Fun, Fun, and more Fun, Helping customers with new looks everyday was alot of fun and my co-workers and manager made it even better. Hardest part of the job was scheduling we were not allowed enough hours to completely have the store staffed for our busy times. I really enjoyed my job in whole. Don't really have any complaints.
smh
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VASeptember 16, 2013
not so good hours suck and the pay is not good meeting is point less for this job because nothing changes
love fashion and customer service
Salesperson/Cashier (Former Employee), Villa Park, ILSeptember 2, 2013
Cons: no benefits or hours
Answer telephone inquiries from customer and stores regarding the status of inventory and other service issues. Assist customer with returns and purchasing store products.
Assist with Set up promotional displays and replenished stock.
Monitored sales targets and motivated sales team to achieve goals
It could very easy when its not crowed
team member performing cashier duties (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2013
the job was easy and nice, the hours arent that good you have to work a second job to supportyourself the shedule will fit your life if your in school
I loved it! It was me all the way!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dearborn Heights, MIAugust 16, 2013
A typical day at work, would be me meeting new customers, and being their consultant. I loved it!
I learned how to style better, also how to work with different people and also adjust to everybody taste in fashion.
I loved management they were so amazing.
My co-workers were the best! we always had a good time! No matter what!
The hardest part would – more... be censoring the clothes because you may get poked by a pin.
The most enjoyable part would be everything, I love retail! – less
Gave me the needed experience to begin a career in the retail industry and helped me decide my major in fashion design
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Trotwood, OHAugust 13, 2013
Mainly worked behind the counter as a cashier but on Mon. and Wed. worked on shipment and stock near counter area. Always had to multitask with the cash register and sales floor. Worked with many customers and created great customer service and communication skills. Management changed during my time there a couple times but the last manager before I – more... left gave me great inspiration to my career choice. My co-workers varied and transferred due to school and management opportunities at other locations. The hardest part of the job was trying to make goals within the store when there were dead hours. The most enjoyable moments were doing the store visuals and working with different types of customers. – less
My success was due to a wonderful company
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 13, 2013
Pros: advancement, benefits, generous compensation
Cons: location, long hours away from family
As a store manager for Dots I was very successful in a short period of time. Not only was I good at my job, loved it and was completely dedicated to it, my company mirrored that in me. Which became a total win /win situation for us both. I was the top manager in my district of 12 stores. I ran the highest volume store and exceeded sales goals every – more... month. Our store won the majority of all the sales competitions as well.
I was challenged and pushed myself to live up to those challenges. I was compensated generously and had a good relationship with my district and general managers. I left Dots after being transferred to one of our problem stores to turn it around, which I did. I took the store from trending down 11% to trending up 23% with in 2 months. However the store was in a very bad area of town and I became afraid to go to work. After discussing my concerns with my district manager I was given the opportunity to relocate but would have had to move into a assistant manager position, I was offered the bar manager position at the Eagles where I had been working part time. – less
Fun work enviornment love the customers not so good company
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 31, 2013
Cons: unprofessional bad managenemt
As the senior sales it was my job to train other employees along with completing the basic functions of a sales associate. The customers that came into the store were like family and were mostly plesant. The management was very unorganized and unprofessional. The avenues they give the employees to bring awareness to the superiors was uneffictive. the – more... managment passed out the workloads unfairly and were very unproductive themselves. Not a very good team attitude they over worked and under paid. – less