Dots

Dots Employer Reviews

Productive and upbeat!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Akron, OHApril 8, 2014
Pros: store bonues and wage raises and the free lunches
Cons: short staff, not enough pay or staff members, benefits were terrible.
It was a great experience, I leaned so much within the 5 years of employment, far as differnet meanagement skills in customer service and sales. The management team as a whole was farely well but could use improvement. My co-workers were teachable at least the majority, but they were hard workers and at the same time we had alot of fun. The hardest – more... part working at Dots was because the management team consistently changed, I mean once you got attached to one (SM) here comes a different one but luckily I got along with them all. The most enjoyable part was seeing the customers happy and satisfied with their purchase and the help they recieved upon arrival. – less
team buys and planning as a unit
Work Buyer (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 1, 2014
productive and energetic work environment. promoted team work
and cross functional meetings. product development and cohesive assortment plans.
Fashion inspired work environment
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 26, 2014
Pros: open, fun-loving, professional work environment
Cons: benefits and insurance
A typical workday consisted of assisting customers with their fashion selections and maintaining store appearance. I learned how to operate a fashion forward environment while keeping with store policies and guidelines. The management team was upbeat and friendly with professional advice for employees and customers. Co-workers were fun-loving charismatic – more... people with a drive for excellent customer service. The hardest part of the job was POS system delays due to a dial up internet connection. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with other fashion conscious people and assisting a plethora of customers. – less
very good company to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), detroitMarch 22, 2014
I was store manager I was responsible for merchandising the floor, being responsible for the end result of wall displays, keeping payroll within store budget as well as low inventory.
Absolutely ridiculous
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 9, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: everything else
I worked at Dots for a year and rotated back and forth between two locations. At both locations, I had bad experiences. Poor management, lazy staff, and very rude customers. Which all would explain why the locations in Oklahoma are now shut down.
Fun place to work while enhancing your job skills
District Manager/District Trainer (Former Employee), Rhode Island/Mass.March 6, 2014
Pros: culture was about people, customer first mentality
Cons: stores closing
Looked forward to leading my team daily. Coacing,training and developing my team to achieve the desired results. The most difficult part of the job was closing stores and not being able to place the associates.
Love this job!!!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLFebruary 27, 2014
I love the people I worked with. I love the company it was always fun to be there. I'm sad its going out of business
sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: low pay
i was a cashier and i helped maintain the floor and assist customers with their shopping
Dots is a very cool job for someone who does not have bills.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 18, 2014
The pay was awful and the management is very unprofessional and unfair.
trained so associates would grow within the company
Store Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 4, 2014
Customer service,tasking,and development. Learned how to control inventory and lp through customer service.
Fun environment for employees
Store Manager (Current Employee), West Springfield, MAJanuary 23, 2014
Fun store environment for employees, ability to offer great customer service and to get to know your customer.
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Warren, MIJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: not enough hours worked
worked together as a team
customers felt comfortable shopping
got along with others
My first job
Sales Associate/Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2014
The hardest part of the job was helping people pick out an outfit, because I have a certain way of dressing up (the colors I like, the type of fabric, etc.), which might be different for others, but I'm glad I learned how to help the customers out. It was always nice to see customers walk out the store with a smile.
Fashion!
Cashier/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Ewing, NJDecember 30, 2013
One of the best jobs I've had. Besides doing cashier, we had to make sure the items that was left out of order were back in place. Stocking clothing and accessories throughout the day. End of the day it was time to clean shop, which included vacumming, straightening up, and counting money.
Energetic Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 2, 2013
Enjoyed working with new people, and the people I worked with. Enjoyed assisting customers with purchases.
Working was very easy
Temporary Stock Crew (Former Employee), Boynton Beach, FLNovember 26, 2013
Even though I only worked temporarily the pace and the responsibilities I had were easy and fair.
Fun, relaxing atmosphere
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Methuen, MANovember 15, 2013
Customer Service. Working for Dots was a combination of work and play. I enjoyed working for the clothing store because I would shop there on a weekly basis. To me this was a fun part time job.
fun energetic
Cashier (Former Employee), Lodi, NJNovember 5, 2013
Pros: great fun enviorment
Cons: very short breaks
Getting the store ready for customers and putting new items up for display. Providing Customer service and assisting customers with fitting rooms and to look for certain items.
Loved working here
Cashier (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: great looks for low prices
Cons: not enough pay
Dots is a great company with great prices. Coworkers were fun and easy to get along with.
Location was not safe