DoubleDown Interactive

DoubleDown Interactive Employer Reviews

Fun work culture with excellent perks and coworkers
Game Artist (Current Employee), Seattle, WADecember 3, 2012
Pros: great coworkers, great company culture, free massages, free snacks/drinks/coffee, spacious beautiful office, breakfast buffet, amazing work parties, our company meeting was on a boat for chrissake
Cons: benefits could be better (could use a 401k match), end-of-the-year crunches and deadlines can get crazy
I work at Double Down Interactive in the Art Department. I can say that this is the best job I have ever had, hands down. The location and office space is among the best in the city. The pay is very competitive within the industry; this company truly cares about its employees, and shows it in the form of lavish perks.

For starters, we get weekly massages – more... from a local masseuse, free Wednesday break buffets, and a fully stocked snack/drink bar. We frequently receive freebies such as shirts, messenger bags, chocolates, and gift cards. Our company meetings take place at fancy restaurants, private theaters, even on a boat.

The artists work at large desks in an open-layout office that encourages socializing. The windows are huge and the view of Downtown Seattle is really quite beautiful. Our computer equipment is all top-notch, and the artists have the pleasure of working with 27-inch iMacs and Intuos tablets.

For many of the people working here, the management is nearly nonexistent. You get everything you need to do your work, at which point you can self-manage so long as the work gets done. Micro-managing is minimal, and coworkers are generally helpful and pleasant. The company does very well for itself and has had no layoffs, so people feel secure in their jobs and the general attitude is very positive.

Occasionally, there are times where the workload piles on (especially during the holidays), but in general I would say the work-life balance is very good. Expectations are high, and you may need to put in some extra hours during crunch time. The company goes through quite a vigorous interview process with new hires, so a lot is expected out of every employee.

That said, I can safely say that I enjoy coming to work every day. I can't recommend this company enough! – less
I have been here for a little over 4 months - LOVE it
SharePoint Specialist (Current Employee), 600 5th ave S. ste 300 Seattle WANovember 30, 2012
Pros: waffle wednesdays, weekly massage, great holiday parties, soccer team, my ideas are ackowledged
Cons: i'm a windows gal and they're mostly mac and php, the ethics of preying on gambling addiction
I;m really hopeful to become an fte! The people here are great it's fun and everyone genuinely wants to communicate and get along. I feel like I'm part of something really top notch I look forward to growing with the company - and seeing what great games and art come out of it since we seem to have the cream of the crop as far as designers and developers – more... go
:D – less
great culture
Lead Project Manager (Current Employee), SeattleNovember 30, 2012
Pros: catered breakfast on wed!
amazing team to work with here, everyone is bright and self motivated. They are always trying to make the environment fun and awesome for us, we are continually surprised.
Get treated like a professional and have the resources to do your job.
Producer (Current Employee), Seattle, WashingtonNovember 29, 2012
Pros: professional, positive atmosphere, committed to growth, well-managed, resources adequate to achieve goals.
Cons: weird e-mail policies: small inbox and deleting old e-mails is required.
Being trusted to do your job and having the resources to achieve objectives should be normal, but it's not. For some reason, most game development is a painful and frustrating experience. But not here!

At DoubleDown you:

1. Decide you need to do a thing.
2. Figure out what you need to do that thing.
3. Get the people, process, and other resources – more... to do that thing.
4. Do that thing, then go home. Additional happiness is your responsibility.

Management knows what it's doing, our parent company trusts us, and there is very little ego/drama. Also, breakfast on Wednesdays. Yes, I'm serious.

This is the way a job is supposed to be done. If you have a good attitude and are qualified for the position? Please join us. If you aren't, but still apply? Pray I am not in the interview loop. – less
DoubleDown Interactive is a great place to work.
Senior Producer (Current Employee), Seattle, WANovember 29, 2012
Pros: wednesday catered breakfast, brand new office, lots of opportunity to learn, fantastic team, growth industry.
Cons: health care plan isn't currently competitive in the seattle market, some long hours (typical in games, though).
Working at DDI is always interesting, challenging and fun. I gave us a 5 overall, as this is a great place to work, period. As all companies, we do have challenges. That said, we are honest when we evaluate ourselves and are always seeking to improve.

The team here is smart, motivated, mature, low on ego and fun.

The hardest part of the job is prioritizing – more... what to work on next, there's always more to do.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing our product enjoyed by our customers and being with my teammates all day, they rock! – less
Manager, Business Development (Current Employee), Seattle, WANovember 29, 2012
Great business model. Great people. Lots of perks. Challenging and interesting projects to work on.
An absolute honor to work here
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Seattle, waNovember 29, 2012
Pros: awesome new office, free snacks, hammock chairs, 90 inch tv, management that puts their employees first.
Cons: the only con i can think of is....there are no cons
This place is full of well wishing friendly people.
The management is always looking for new ways to make us feel comfortable and appreciated.
We have the best HR and Facilities team that ensures we have awesome office perks like Ipads in the wall and a cereal bar, A STRAIGHT UP CEREAL BAR!!!
But seriously, I came from a company where I was just a number – more... and mistreated. When i came here I didnt know what to think because everything I needed was provided and everything I suggested was seriously considered. Everyone here cares about each other as human beings, putting us first. I for one will remain here until they tell me to leave. This company puts their customers first as well, providing great customer service! – less

About DoubleDown Interactive

Located in Seattle, WA., DoubleDown Interactive is the leading casual games developer of "fun to play" casino experiences – Read more

DoubleDown Interactive Photos