DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Employee Reviews

It's a decent workplace
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, CANovember 20, 2017
Monday is a typical work day. What I leaned is basic tasks. The management of the job is medium customer service. Many cultural people. Nothing is hard about this job. I enjoy working with other people.
Pros
Convenient and Parking
Cons
Poor Benefits
Stressful work environment.
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30339November 20, 2017
I would get and check the occupancy to see how the day would go then come up with a strategy for the day. Then check with my associates to get any follow up required issues from the night before. I then would make contact with any guest if necessary and resolve issues s needed.

I can't say that there was a "culture" more like favorites being given more autonomy at the hotel.

The most enjoyable part about the job was the coworkers.

This is not a review of all Hilton branded properties just this particular one.
Pros
Free luch and dinner for all associates
Cons
No clear direction, GM unresponsive to guest issues
Lead Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXNovember 19, 2017
Nothing bad to say Great Management, Great pay, Great people overall.Nice Hotel was just remodeled Winter of 2015 the additions to the Hotel are awesome.
fun place to work
Banquet Cook (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJNovember 19, 2017
I loved who I'd worked with. We were like a family there, That's why we got along well there. Then you get to eat just about anything. You can also learn a lot on the job.
good job
Customer Service, Room Service (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 17, 2017
overall a good job, they need some fixing but is a good place to work and the costumers are mostly really nice to deal with. The payment isn't that good.
Good steady job, not a lot of change. Perfect for employees that like to do the bare minimum
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 16, 2017
If you want to work at a place where there is little change, this is your place. Hourly employees are well treated and are under a union. Managers that are not union really struggle to make sure hourly people excel at their jobs.
Pros
hilton's travel program
Cons
Corporate
Busy Hotel
Hotel Manager- Westmont Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 16, 2017
Hire by regional manger for a dual properties whom I had worked with before and he left after 90 days and the new regional hire different new management team that had worked with him in the past and after 6 months my position was changed.
Pros
New managment team
Horrible slave work but money is guareented and awesome
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 15, 2017
They don't respect the hard work their employees put into the hotel. They are usually cussed at, given strikes or flat out tired. Even if the employees were not as satisfying as they usually did to being overworked. Although the pay is great it's very intimidating. The manager was constantly finding reasons to fire anybody.
Pros
staff was nice, high pay, customers
Cons
management is terrible, unorganized
Fun place to work.
Bartender, Lobby Bar/Nightclub/Banquet Bar/DJ (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 15, 2017
Working during my younger days as a Bartender. Fun club each night we were open. All the staff and managers were friends, so we could hang out on our days off.

Would enjoy working there again if given the opportunity.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Not enough hours.
Great Start to a promising career, perfect for college students
Accounts Payable Clerk/General Cashier (Current Employee) –  Linthicum, MDNovember 15, 2017
This is a relaxed hotel environment, i like my co-workers. There is decent pay and benefits. Depending on where you live the location is convenient not too far from the city.
Pros
free meals
Cons
only 3 holidays
Fun Enviorment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 15, 2017
The job is easy & enjoyable, the employees are friendly & easy to get along with. Management could use some work, due to them being on their fourth Front Office Manager in 16 months. Hardest part of the job would be picking up slack from other employees. Best part of the job is interacting with the guests from all over the country & world.
Pros
Hotel Discount
Cons
Managers
Exciting Location
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2017
Very large property operated by an excellent team with great chemistry to achieve the common goal: guest satisfaction. Upper management always shows support and encouragement.
Very good review for Doubletree/Hilton
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 14, 2017
I really enjoyed working @ Doubletree/Hilton! The management was always very flexible! The company always gave for the oppurtunity for advancement. Usually very good with scheduling.
Pros
Great company for advancement
Cons
I can't think of any...
It's ok
Night Manager-Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARNovember 13, 2017
The job was fine, but there was a lot stress and struggle between management. Top management was ok delegating responsibility but not authority to middle management. It made there jobs difficult and stressful.
Pros
easy job
Cons
management stress
Not a positive atmosphere
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 12, 2017
Poor management and communication between all departments within the hotel. Employee retention is not good. Morale is very low.
Corporate doesn't listen to us. Recognition is not given. Don't feel appreciated.
Pros
Free lunch, discount on hotel rooms
Cons
low pay, poor management, poor communication
Nice benifits
Food & Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 10, 2017
Day starts off with checking with staff to review the day before service begins ,then we begin to greet are guest to see if our guest are in need of any changes to their event in my case also checking executive lounge along with the restaurant ,Room service, checking the floor to give support in all areas of Food& beverage areas for our hotel the day continues with giving support to the banquet captain of needed along with giving support to the kitchen we are a small operation so it is very important we all help were needed for our operation to provide the best service for our guest, towards the end of the day meetings to attend once this ends to it all over agin for the pm shift to pre pare for dinner service for all outlets and banquet functions. we do have 2 pre-shifts per day to give general information to the staff to give them information on key groups in house to provide our guest for detail service for are guest over all we have come along way with great leadership from out GM it helps with his support and involvement.
Pros
we do get free lunch
Cons
some time no time to eat
Productive and fun work environment!
Guest Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 9, 2017
It's an absolute pleasure to work for Doubletree By Hilton. The staff and management are delights. All management in every department have a open door policy.
Love working here..
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 8, 2017
I worked at the doubletree hotel for almost 8 years. I enjoyed working there. I learned that it was a great place to work for. I also only had to work morning. I loved the management. Everyone I worked with worked together as a team. The hardest part of the was making up really early.
Pros
Half off food, and great benefits
Cons
I wouldn't give any Cons
Doubletree
Bellman (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 7, 2017
I was hired as a fulltime Bellmen. The Bell captain nver gave me fulltime hours . The bell captain took care of his favorites and was not fare at all. I did learn the basic of being a bellmen
Doubletree
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHNovember 7, 2017
Working for Hilton was an amazing opportunity. The franchised Doubletree location I worked for was a disgrace to the Hilton name. I would gladly work for the Hilton company again, but the people who owned this hotel should not be able to call itself a Doubletree.

Being front desk at a hotel has many perks. It was a very laid back job, you could mostly make decisions on your own and take control of many situations. You learn a lot about computer systems and financial auditing. There was definitely room for advancement within the company. I enjoyed the discount on room rates.

Overall would recommend Hilton and the Doubletree name, but not the specific franchise company I worked for.