DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Employee Reviews

Found 1,517 reviews matching the search
Fun work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 25, 2017
Double tree hotel is a fun job. Double tree taught me that everywhere and everything you do should be done with manners/clean. It also taught me that even though nobody's watching still remain honest.
Pros
Good pau
Cons
Healthcare
Great staff
Room/Breakfast Attendant (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORApril 25, 2017
Awesome people to work with! flexible with schedule. great benefits for full time employees. Only thing i would change is offering a raise for an employee who goes above and beyond with their work.
fun always busy
Hospitality (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 24, 2017
great place to work always busy year round never short on hours all the staff is very friendly usually 40 hours a week pay is bi weekly a lot of tourists come and go all week long
Pros
pay
Cons
always busy
Unprofessional & Unethical
Associate Director of Catering (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYApril 23, 2017
In comparison to other corporate organizations, this was by far the worst that I've ever experienced. Since the property was a franchise there was no accountability to corporate and nor support from the home office. There was no training for associates, no opportunity for advancement based on merit, unethical management practices, and an overall culture of unprofessionalism and negativity. Staff members, especially hourly associates, are often mistreated and since the HR department was eliminated, associates have no support resulting in an unusually high turn-over rate. The poor customer service is the result of the double standards demonstrated by upper management. Healthcare costs were astronomical and put a tremendous strain on staff. On-line reviews are manipulated by management to give an inaccurate representation of the hotel.
Okay work environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 22, 2017
It's an okay work place. with good benefits, paychecks are always on time. guest relation staff is good, outstanding meal plan, employee relationships good.
Pros
Okay Salary
Cons
No room to grow
working at the double tree hotel fun environment
Front Desk Internship (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 21, 2017
Working at the Double Tree Hotel for two years was very exciting. My favorite positions were marketing and sales also front desk. In marketing and sales my trainer would give me a check list. Sometimes I would have to make new brochures or calling events to set up a reservation at the Double Tree Hotel. I loved working these two positions. But working at the front desk was exciting. I enjoyed answering phones, doing the reservations, checking guest in and out their rooms.
Pros
you get hands on training and its a lot of fun working
Cons
you have to be confidence and willing to learn new things
This is a great job, I enjoy working for this company
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 21, 2017
This is a good job for someone who has experience in building maintenance and looking for a new start. They are willing to help you achieve your goals and advance to a better life. I enjoy working for this company and my team members. This company has given me a chance to obtain enough experience to further my growth as not only a better worker, but a better person.
Pros
Free lunches and parking
Cons
Lowest paying hotel in the downtown area
Productive but also inconsistent
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAApril 20, 2017
Its a family environment and seems like a good fit but after a few months things got unorganized and everything I was told when I got hired back fired, schedules were very random never set and hard to adjust to. As productive as your day would be since having to strip rooms and clean them your non stop and time goes by fast but overall its just too inconsistent and does not work is you like to be organized and know what your making and what your working every week.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
Inconsistent schedules
Enjoyed working there very much. Always new faces to interact with and new challenges to over come.
Casheir *Server (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 19, 2017
Worked in both Room Service and the Restaurant so I got to see both sides of the hotel. Enjoyed the fast paced energy and the willingness of my fellow coworkers to take charge and go the extra mile to ensure our guests stay was a memorable one. I worked there 5 years, and enjoyed it very much.
Great costumers service, always on time, always willing to work more, banquets helping food ect party's
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 19, 2017
Faxing and copying, filling paper work, management for 5 years, cashier , making keys for the guest, taking things to the guest if need it. Always make it right....
Housekeeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALApril 18, 2017
As far as working!! It is okay... But as of staying in the hotel; you will get your money worth because it is a nice hotel but very expensive... Only if they had free breakfast!!
Cons
Too much going back and forth
Lot of work but pays well
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAApril 17, 2017
I only worked at the Double Tree for one summer. I did not get enough hours working banquets, proms, and weddings but I could have branched out in the other parts of the company. The money was really nice but the amount of work was a lot. Would recommend though.
Keeps you busy
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Lavista rd TuckerApril 17, 2017
Needs a little more structure. Need to hire a crew and keep them. Stop bringing in the slow older people. To much to teach someone who doesnt know.it's a very detail oriented job, and you need to be an organized person.
Pros
Sometimes free food
Cons
No breaks
Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  VermontApril 16, 2017
I work at double tree for olmost 2 years never had a problem my manager was nice with me and the team stuff i was realy love this place i had a good time at double tree
Pros
We had a free lunch
Cons
We had 1 week vacation
It's nice but need alot of improvement
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTApril 15, 2017
It's nice working wit my coworkers, some any way. The tips are good when other coworkers ain't stealing them before I get to the rooms first, and my first week starting their a coworker steal money out my purse and nothing never happen to him until he steal out of a guests purse and she caught him
Pros
Lunch is good, but needs to be more healthier.
Cons
Breaks should be 1hour long, healthcare eligible should be provided of all kind after the 90 days probation
A great place to gain experience in the culinary field
First Cook (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 15, 2017
The Doubletree Portland is a fantastic place to work for a young cook that needs to gain a lot of experience in a relatively quick time frame. Though the work is challenging, spanning between banquets as well as the two restaurants, one can gain a large knowledge of dishes, as well as crucial timing for things such as banquets and dish ups.

In short, this place with put any cook through the ringer, but if they are tough enough to adapt, the reward is great.
Pros
staff meal, hotel discount, full benefits after 90 days, flexible scheduling
Cons
tough to grasp at first
Good Job.
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAApril 13, 2017
Nice, friendly customers with lots of banquets, parties or weddings going on. Can be slow at times but when it's busy, its busy. Recommend this place highly.
It is okay but not the best money
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAApril 12, 2017
The hours are not consistent here, and can be very long days and nights. The staff was not hard to work with but with not having a consistent hours, and having to work all Holidays it is not the place of work to work if you have a family.
Negative Environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  TXApril 12, 2017
The management seems fairly unstable and the turn over rate is high. No Benefits, but The front desk experience was enjoyable and helped build my network and meet all sorts of corporate executives.
Overall good place to work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 11, 2017
Pretty good place to work every job has its ups and downs it has a cafeteria for free lunch during your shift it's a pretty relaxed atmosphere the people are nice
Pros
Free lunch good benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.