Doubletree Hotel Employee Reviews in United States

customer service, front desk agent
Front Desk customer representative (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 24, 2016
Front desk agent- I enjoy meeting and communicating with people as well as assisting guests as much as I can. on typical day I check in and check out guests. I deal with credit card transactions and cash handling on a daily bases. Because, the Doubletree is a airport hotel we have contracts with airline companies; authorizations with the airlines in assisting their employees with booking of the rooms. Very little supervision is required at the front desk. I enjoy my job to the fullest its very rewarding when one can put a smile on a guest face is priceless! :)
Excellent Place to work for!
Server, Busser, Barista (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 17, 2016
I love this job but due to other priorites in life I had lost my position and generally moved on communication was highly important management was enjoyable as well as co-workers who made everything fun.. the hardest part at the time was multi-tasking in many different departments at the same time most enjoyable were getting tips and other compensation benefits of doing a swell job. This employer also gave advancements as well as in knowledge about the classy life and how important it was to give guest satisfaction to everyone
Doubletree by Hilton
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMay 12, 2016
To perform in a pleasant, professional and efficient manner, a combination of duties mainly related, but not limited, to check-in and check-out of guests which contributes to an overall positive experience. Answer inquires pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests and shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions. Accounts for all cash and make deposits in accordance with hotel and company policies. Communicate effectively with other front office and hotel departments
Very Welcoming group of people
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYMay 5, 2016
For the most part no day is the same. There are daily tasks that have to get done, but the people we welcome daily are all very different. I've learned to be patient with every type of person in the work environment, and outside guests. How to accommodate and cater to every kind type of need.
My favorite part is what I've acquired form the hospitality industry. Personality means everything. You have to be charismatic, understanding, patient, willing to bend over backwards to make a guest feel that his or her stay was a pleasurable one.
The worst part about it is dealing with and seeing favoritism from the managers to other employees.
Pros
team member benefits
Productive, Big Place
Line cook AM (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 19, 2016
Good equipment, Management is good. Assistant management not so much. Co-workers unbelievably unprofessional. Higher pay co workers have a snobbish attitude towards everyone except customers or managers. Hardest part of the job is memorizing the menu because it is quite large. The most enjoyable part of work is how stable it is. You will learn team work and patience here. They have a lot of rules sort of like school. (exits, entrance, parking).
Pros
pay
Cons
no free lunch 4$ a meal.
Terrible place to work and would recommend to no one.
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 23, 2016
The management of this company is not organized at all. They play favorites and will take their word no matter what the actual situation is. They are quick to fire very hard workers. But love to keep people that have stolen from the company. Everything a company should do, this company does the opposite.
Pros
Most of the employees are amazing people
Cons
Intense work place politics and bullying
Doubletree in Downers Grove, IL. NOT GOOD!
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILApril 14, 2016
Poor management, terrible human resource person and a work environment equal to what one could only describe as S**T! To be honest the only reason to work there is insurance. This is a union hotel and your provided, because of the union, very good benefits. Other than what I just said, AVOID this poorly run, terrible Doubletree!
Pros
Free lunch, Union Insurance.
Cons
Everything except what is listed above!!!!
Meaningful
Server/Barback (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZApril 3, 2016
Starting as a busser, I was quickly moved to server through appropriate training. I was serving for 2 years and growing each time I worked, learning more and more. After much time serving I realized I needed to start advancing and progressing in this industry however over time I realized that there wasn't any room for that in short time at the Double Tree.
Pros
Fun staff, good people, learned a lot
Cons
No advancement, not many customers daily
Very Fun Place to Work. Met many great people.
Cashier/Server/waitress (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 24, 2016
Very exciting and thrilling place to work. Started off setting up for pour hour. During pour hour you make first impressions on many of the guest which draws them into the restaurant. During dinner we could get a rush which is fun because it keeps you busy and you have an opportunity to make your money. We then close by cleaning, counting up money and restocking for next shift. The hardest part of the job for me was nothing, the job was not very hard. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people from around the world.
Pros
Free lunch, Discounted hotel rooms, great staff
great team players, great customers
Banquet Hostess (Former Employee) –  Linthicum, MDMarch 15, 2016
I really liked the customers. Fun environment. Hardest part of the job was not having the supplies we needed to complete certain functions Job was fun up until last couple of weeks. After that management became unsupportive. Verbal abuse was common, and management didn't want to correct the problem Made a lot of friends concerning co workers..
Pros
Fun place to work, great co workers, hotel stay benefits
Cons
verbal abuse was common, management unsupportive

Want to know more about Doubletree Hotel?

Ask a question
A lot of work, interacting with people, great work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMarch 2, 2016
The job consist of stocking carts, making beds, cleaning bathroom areas, and stocking condiments where needed. I learned how to make a bed neatly and fast. I had two of the best managers you could ask for. I loved working with all of my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is trying to clean all of your rooms and get them ready for the guest. The thing I enjoyed most about the job was interacting with the guest and making sure they have what they need. I would recommend anyone to work for this company they are a great group of people and I really enjoyed working with them and the company.
Pros
being able to order lunch from the menu at the hotel
Cons
Only lunch breaks, no health coverage
Horrible Executive Management
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 18, 2016
The pay is awful, and they will work you to death. Don't expect there to be any support from supervisor, you are on your own with the constant threat of being fired. The location I worked at was a corporate managed property, it made things difficult to get anything accomplished.
Pros
Travel program
Cons
Pretty much everything. Find a different job.
Well paced company that involves making critical decisions for our well being to keep our company maintained.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2016
I had learned a lot on how to control your authority when handling a business decision for the company. Also it was rough and stressful days, but i had stayed strong consistently without giving up and i had kept that mentality ever since i started working in this company.
Pros
Free food, Vacations
Cons
Health benefits
apprecietive of work' will give bounes allways happy inviroment
Apprises supervisor of work related incidents (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 5, 2016
It's a place that I would go back to really like it there. Really nice people there they are respectable to me and others. they know how to git they guest to come back.
Pros
free lunch yes! they will give there raises.
Cons
write up are real quick.
Great Place to start work in hospitality.
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLFebruary 17, 2016
I have learned a lot from working at Doubletree as a front desk Supervisor. I have learned to have patience and learned to deal with high amounts of stress. Hospitality will always have its up and downs because it is dealing with people so much. I enjoyed working with my team and tackling issues together but I believe the management had very expectations of what the scores needed to be at and it was frustrating to try to achieve that level while more work is added and less support is given. Over all not the easiest job but it depends on where the hotel is located and how the hotel is managed.
Pros
Free lunches. Flexible schedules. Hilton Perks with Team Member Travel.
Cons
Low pay for high stress as times. Work Holidays and Weekends since Business never closes.
Beautiful hotel
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 3, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of cleaning hotels rooms while providing guests with exceptional customer service. The job was a bit fast paced as guests were scheduled to check in the same day others were scheduled to check out so the rooms required to be cleaned thoroughly and punctually. The co-workers worked as a team in ensuring that no one ever felt rushed and everything was done correctly and efficiently. I loved the reaction form the guests when they walk into their rooms and they feel welcomed and they never have to complain about dust or filth.
Average place for valet work
Valet Runner/ Captain (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 2, 2016
The management constantly was going thru changes. Lots of misdirection and managers who usually did not know what they were doing. Very very easy job, could have gone the management route yet there was not enough room for advancement I felt in the location I was at.

Typical day: start time at 530 am, valet cars until about 10 am, take a lunch, valet more from 1030-2 then off work. Very early shift but the tips were better in that shift as opposed to the night shift.
Okay work for pay
BANQUET SERVER & BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILFebruary 18, 2016
Definitely underlining factors and politics that are relevant from even entry level jobs. Easy work for pay, but do not expect job advancement. High turnover rate with bias management. If you need a quick job that's easy, go for it. Definitely not a long term placement. Only make tips as bartender.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No server tips, young peer mentality, single moms with babies
being able to work with the same team everyday
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 9, 2016
a typical day at work can vary it can be super slow or you can have the busiest day. Sometimes it can be so busy that we will get no breaks.The hardest part of the job would probably be getting the coworkers do their part of their jobs. Management really needs to improve.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
sometimes we get no breaks
My experience at the Double Tree By Hilton hotel Silver Spring, MD.
Executive Senior Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDApril 11, 2016
I as a Chef working in large kitchens and working with a large number of people. To put out amazing food and customer service really makes my day.
Pros
Ilike making specials on a daily basics
Cons
If it's busy enough I like to work straight threw a rush.