Doubletree Hotel

Doubletree Hotel United States Employee Reviews

Busy!
Supervisor (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 4, 2015
As a convention hotel with 448 rooms, there is never a dull moment at work! I learned how to be a leader and to balance the high volume and the high demand with calm, quick decisions. My managers are great, always providing the tools needed to me for growth and support. The most difficult and most enjoyable aspects of my job were to make it right for our customers- that included listening to guest complaints and solving them, or purely creating a wonderful and unexpected stay for them as well.
Great company to work for
LEAD SECURITY AND MAINTENANCE (Former Employee), phoenix ArizonaMay 4, 2015
Double tree is a great hotel to work for and the employees and bosses are very helpful in helping out in teaching you on doing your job currectly and efficiently.
Not A Good Company
Supervisor/Reservations/Auditor (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 3, 2015
I Will Not Work for This Company Anymore. This Company Was Not The Best Company, I Was Very Disappointed. The Management Team At This Hotel Has Been By Far The Worst.
Great Management
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMay 1, 2015
Working under great management helps out a lot. Coworkers were friendly as well. Enjoyed my time here. Free lunches as well
challenging at times.
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYMay 1, 2015
It was a learning experience. Long hours for the management staffs and at times it makes you feel like you dont belong because the union employees tend to get what they want because management staffs had not union representatives.
Great Possibilities and close to Busch Gardens
Engineering Supervisor (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAMay 1, 2015
Hilton offers convenience to area attractions.The Hilton has
several amenities and provides workers with a secure working
and pleasurable environment.
great place to work
Head Server (Former Employee), fayetteville, ncApril 30, 2015
Pros: meal discounts
Cons: healthcare
A typical day at work was dining room. Making sure all tables were set and everything was in order and clean. Prepping salad and soup area. Taking both dining room orders, room service orders and personal banquet orders. Keeping areas clean. Rolling silverware. Helping bartender with orders. Cleaning up hallways after dining room closed, setting dining room up for breakfast server. Rolling next days silverware and setting glasses. vacuuming and clocking out
Great staff and property
Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNApril 29, 2015
Very large hotel and convention space. Needs a little more updating but overall a great place to work. Great job culture as well.
DoubleTree is an excellent place to work
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), FLApril 28, 2015
I enjoyed my time at DoubleTree. Everyone goes the extra mile to help out their team mates. This is an excellent hotel and always puts their employees first.
Very hard on workers
Concierge (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 27, 2015
Pros: free lunch, steady pay
Cons: Management, work week, employee consideration
This company has no regular schedules and has a less than stellar management. They recently cut my pay by 30 %, prompting me to find alternate employment. No employee of this company knows what their work week will look like until Wednesday of the previous week so it makes planing anything outside of work very hard.
fun work place
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CaApril 27, 2015
I had a great time working as an intern. Great people always willing to help you out. The most enjoyable part is that you work independently in your tasks. management is very professional
Disappointing Management
Barista/Restaurant Supervisor (Current Employee), Bend, ORApril 19, 2015
I have worked for DoubleTree for approximately a year and a half and am extremely disappointed in Management. There is an awful lot of favoritism and a lack of appreciation for a job well done. Management tends to be extremely cliquey and spends entirely too much time kissing eachother's butts and not enough time praising the workers that make them look so good. I had high hopes when I started with this company, however, it now seems that even though I have many years of pertinent experience and the skills necessary to move up, I most likely will never have the opportunity because I am not a chosen one.
I enjoyed being Day Banquet Captain
Banquet Server (Former Employee), 100 Madison, Missoula, MTApril 15, 2015
Pros: Good management team, very approachable.
Cons: Cannot think of any
My day began with checking all rooms scheduled to be used for the day to ensure they were set to room specifications, including AV equipment requested to be used. I assigned other employees to tasks and rooms to take care of the guests according to their needs. From the GM to the Human Resource Manager as well as the Banquet Manager we all worked well together to take care of our guests. Days could be challenging when busy trying to take care of requests for each function at the set time. Knowing all of the guests were taken care and they were happy with our service to them was very gratifying every day!
I wish it was a stepping stone instead, it feels like a road block
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 14, 2015
Pros: My bills are paid
Cons: lack of Respect poor management lack of order lack of team work
My job has its ups and downs but more downs then ups which makes it a hard place to be its no room of advancement nor self development. The team work SUCKS and the management of our department doesn't seem to get it right nor can they lead in a positive manner in order to get things complete instead of just "done". Its an extreme lack of appreciation and respect. Its just not a mentally healthy place to work.
Productive and Fun
P.M. HOUSE KEEPING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 7, 2015
Working for Doubletree hotel is a very good place to work
I worked and had fun doing it. I looked forward to going to work every day.
work hours are a little tough
Front Office Agent (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 7, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: hours
Unless you truly need the money, the hours are extremely exhausting... remember hotels never close. Its a franchise the room for growth is slim to none
very professional workplace focused on guests
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Binghamton, NYApril 7, 2015
Pros: free lunch, discount on hotel rooms
Cons: no support from management.
you get free lunch/ dinner from the kitchen. I learned the ins and outs of working the front desk of a hotel. I wasn't a fan of management because I expressed my want to move forward in the company and there was no support in doing so. Members of management also had their favorites and it was obvious. Hardest part of the job was being the center of the hotel so if something was wrong in a different department, the front desk would feel the wrath of angry guests. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people from all over the world traveling for different reasons.
Great staff good place to work
Night Audit (Former Employee), Downtown Cleveland OhioApril 6, 2015
everything was great....I couldve used more resources while working the night audit shift in 2012 but hopefully things are better now
Interesting, never a dull moment
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VAApril 2, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, discount on hotels
Cons: Takes too long to earn vacation time, not alot of advancement
My job as Sales Coordinator is never dull, always something to do, a lot going on. I work with a good team, we look out for each other. Always fun when the sports teams come in and we get to greet them with cookies and welcome them to town. Hardest part of the job is trying to keep up with the fast turn over of the contracts, it can be difficult sometimes to get other projects done. I guess the most enjoyable part of the job would be preparing for an event, pulling it all together and watching everything unfold.
Was a paycheck and that is it!
Banquet Manager (Former Employee), Alsip, ILMarch 30, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: stressful
Brought home a paycheck but not worth the stress. They worked you as much as they could with very little praise. Would not recommend for anybody that has a family.

1 2 3 4 5

About Doubletree Hotel

If you're driving on the interstate and are looking for a hotel or a resort, Interstate Hotels & Resorts is your company. The – Read more

Doubletree Hotel Salaries