Doubletree Hotel Employee Reviews

Excellent introduction to the hospitality industry
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Rosemead, CANovember 15, 2016
It is a great place to star anyone's career. The job will allow you to interact with many guests, vendors and many other coworkers/employees that will contribute to your professional and personal growth. Unfortunately like in many other jobs within the hospitality industry the expectations and responsibilities are really high in comparisons to the benefits/opportunists.
Pros
Free meals, discounted rate for employees
Cons
under staff, high employee turn around
Nice stable work enviroment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALNovember 8, 2016
Double Tree is a friendly stable work enviroment. It's fairly busy and an easy job! I do wish managment was a little more tight and more aware. I would recommend this hotel to people who are on business trips or just want a comfortable stay somewhere. My job here did get really busy when we were sold out, more people wanted to eat at our restaraunt and have drinks at our bar rather than going out! I did like our busy days because time flew by but sometimes I got stressed when everyone wasn't doing their job. It's not always easy when co-workers aren't all on the same page, I love team work! The job get's finished quicker and everyone should feel accomplished because everyone pitched in!!!
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Short breaks
Working At The Doubletree
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 14, 2016
Its a nice place to work, i've learned a lot about cleaning more then i've ever known, the co-workers are nice, management always there for help anytime you needed the hardest part about the job was the amount of rooms you had to clean each day but never the less it still was a great job to have and the best thing about the job was the tips the customers would leave tips in the room just before you came to clean the room but it was a great place to work and if i could go back i would..
very friendly place and miss this hotel
Houseman/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INNovember 30, 2016
Very good place to work. if wanting to learn about housekeeping as much as possible a good recommendation. I learned from being a room inspector to assistant housekeeping work. The hardest part was dealing with being not respected by manger at that time. I like a lot of the management team here could talk and felt could learn from them. My coworkers was awesome very nice and helpful. I enjoyed my job really wanted to move up in company.
Pros
healthcare, discounts
Cons
distance to travel work
All my review above average
Maintenance Helper (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CADecember 2, 2016
for my 12 years in this company i have six manager or chief engineer each one of them have no problem..my 8 yrs i working at time by my self. to taking care fhe guest problem ..requested to transfer in day my job assignment perform preventive maintenance in the guest rooms..hardest part when the hotel are full occupancy and has a plumbing problem by my self..//most enjoyable part if all co worker helping each other work like a team..
Worked much harder and productive than most
House Keeper / Maintenance Custodian (Former Employee) –  West Port in Maryland Heights, MO.October 6, 2016
Started in House Keeping and was called often to complete tasks that others failed.
After several months, I was promoted to Maintenance Engineer where training was minimal.
My immediate supervisor was very knowledgeable about the mechanics of maintaining all equipment but the downfall on his part was that he had a "favorite" that was suppose to take the lead in my training and failed to comply.
I loved the work and experience learned from basically my own training and direction from my immediate supervisor.
It was the "favoritism" that was his downfall and my demise.
Pros
The experience I gained in learing a new trade/career
Cons
Unfortunate non-professional supervisor
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 20, 2016
Management could be better but ability to move up in company is reasonable to absolute. Along with meeting new people, team work and team building were key in the work environment.
Pros
Getting to meet new and exciting guest, meeting people's wants and needs.
Cons
Low base rate of payment even with someone who has been in the work industry for 10+ years.
fun high intensity and customer service grounded
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 16, 2016
A typical work day for me is assisting staff with expediting problem payments follow with guest regarding satisfaction with guest related issues. process all guest check ins by confirming res assign room process all payment types such as room charges cash checks debit or credit set up accurate accounts for each guest upon check in
Pros
the people
Cons
we never close
Night Audit
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 28, 2016
This was a great work experience. I never had a position working in the hospitality industry. Being able to be a people's person was a great asset of mines. There would be people visting from out of state that would need information about the city. it always made me excited that i was able to help the guests. My biggest accomplishment was completing the training on how to do the night audit.
The work environment was very busy.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 23, 2016
I learned more customer service skills and how to balance hard work with my everyday life. It was very hard because i have a young child and was working six days a week missing important doctor appointments. My co workers were split into certain groups most times and there were many disagreements among them. However, i did enjoy employee luncheons and parties were everyone came together.
Great Place to work at !!
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  sterling, virginia, usaNovember 27, 2016
A typical day, would start with greetings and hugs from fellow colleagues with a smiley face. Even the bosses greet you with a smile whenever you meet them and exchange pleasantries. Work is never work here it is always fun, which is why even in a fully crowded restaurant you will find team members working with a smile.
Pros
staff welfare activities
Cons
low wages
Great place to make money.
Banquet Manager (Former Employee) –  Reading, PANovember 18, 2016
This place could be a wonderful place. You have the opportunity to make excellent money, except you can and will be fired if you do not follow the cult like managements views. There is no job security. The place has been open one year and I cant tell you how many people have come and gone. Too many to count.
Pros
Money
Cons
Cult like leadership. Google it, its a real thing.
working at the DoubleTree by Hilton at Breckenridge
Busser/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Breckenridge, COAugust 27, 2016
i loved to work to in The DoubleTree at Breckenridge, because my manager was amazing and my co-workers were such an amazing people. i learnt a lot from this job such as bussing and clearing tables in an efficient and timely manner, assist guests with requests and i learned safety protocols and procedures. The hardest part of my job,was when I had to stay up late at night at the restaurant.
but i really loved my F&B workteam. they made me laugh all the time. so i could say i was a happy employee and as a result, i did my best at the Doubletree at Breckenridge.
Pros
free lunches, flexible hours
If given the opportunity. I know i could be and will be a asset to your company. Thank you.
Assistant Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 22, 2016
A typical day at work, be prepared to do what ever it takes to get the job done. I was tought to put 110% in everything I do. When you push just a little harder it will show in the end. And it's a great feeling!
Pros
They're all kinds of pros, just being able to learn, and make a difference. Knowing how valuable you are in your position and work
Cons
The cons are the things that happen unexpectedly, so always expected everything
Nice property
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLNovember 18, 2016
Love working with people, got to do that in all my positions. The is always the best part of my job.

My first supervisor at this property was / is a great friend. I couldn't got thru a personal tragedy at the time without her support.

She has moved on the greater things.
Pros
Being part of another wonderful Hilton property
Cons
Internal backstabbing and drama
Productive and fun work place
Breakfast Ambassador/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 2, 2016
I got to work at 5am and left between 12 and 1 pm, I was the Morning supervisor and learned a lot about catering and banquets.
Hardest part of the job was trying to get everyone to do what they were supposed to do at 5 am with no big managers present.
Pros
got to eat breakfast before I left
Cons
no breaks, because I was the only supervisor
productive, face paced, work attire business, more professional than relaxed
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 24, 2016
typical day at work would be to clock in upon arrival check to make sure all paper work was completed, rooms where taken care of that needed to be. make sure that guest arriving on that day had a room assigned to their reservation. check in guest that arrived that day, and check out guest that was departing on that day. take payment of any accounts that have not been paid in full. print and check final reports, deposit any cash that had been taken through out the day. clock out.
drama housekeeping has picks
Housekeeping Inspector-room attendent (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 15, 2016
housekeeping manager was not made to run a hotel staff because had picks n not tell the truth about things housekeeping had drug test n used other people urine to past never work for double tree in Columbia sc some of the housekeeper will eat your food out your room
Pros
no lunch
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work with dedicated employees and great guest
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJuly 18, 2016
A typical work day is a fun filled work day, with not the same two days the same. I have learned how to lead a very diverse team. My managers have taught me a lot and are a very dedicated bunch of employees who know how to motivate the employees the right way. The hardest part of the job is making sure that every guest is 100% taken care of even when you are not here. The most enjoyable part is being able to lead such a great team that takes care of the guest with a smile every time.
Pros
Free lunch, great work atmosphere
Cons
Vacation time
An unstructured work place.
Server/ Wait Staff/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 18, 2016
I serve breakfast to the staying guests at the hotel. I have a lot of business men regulars that I enjoy taking care of weekly. I get to meet a lot of interesting people from around the world from many different cultures and languages.
Pros
Disounts on hotel stays
Cons
I start work at 5 am.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Doubletree Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.