Doubletree Hotel Employee Reviews

Very productive and fun place to work
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 2, 2017
We start each day with the managers morning meeting. The meeting entails the managers reports and events for the day and what's to come for the upcoming week. Then from there I get with my staff and go over the daily events and per-shift our game plan for the day. There are some challenges on the job such as equipment and conditions which can make the job difficult when dealing with multiple groups. The enjoyable part of the job is when you are working with a team of people that are professionals and do not mind going that extra mile.
Productive and fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 15, 2016
this was a good job for me, the doubletree had a lot for me to do because the stayed busy, my manger gave me the ropes to what housekeeping was all about. she gave me a tour of the hotel before being then one of my co workers taught me how to clean the rooms. this hotel was a beautiful seen and the people/customers made this job even better , they gave tips if you did a good job and also some even left chocolate for me .
Pros
tips, and pay
Cons
alot of cleaning, and stayed busy
Very respectful and homey hotel
Bell Attendant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 15, 2016
Overall great hotel no complaints guests are very nice cool events week in and week out I would love to stay here. Workers there are very nice and when I say a full service hotel it's a full service hotel. They leave no room for mistakes and the guests is always right. That's why I like the the whole motto of making it right because all guests should feel safe secure and respected during their stay.
Pros
Free lunches restaurant discounts
Cons
Short breaks
the work place was ok it was the people to many bosses..
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23451January 22, 2017
typical day at work was getting to work on time for the many meeting then after the meeting getting my paper and heading to laundry grab what i needed and then to my floor to set up my cart and get started with my job.. i learn that staying to myself in the room attendant business is best keep you out of a lot of the others problems and etc i learned that different hotels have a lot of different set ups do things different when it comes to how room attendants get their lining and etc..management was all over the place it was to many trying to do the management..workplace culture ok and the hardest part of my job was running out of lining..enjoyable part was getting ready to clock out in head home.....
very friendly place and miss this hotel
Houseman/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INNovember 30, 2016
Very good place to work. if wanting to learn about housekeeping as much as possible a good recommendation. I learned from being a room inspector to assistant housekeeping work. The hardest part was dealing with being not respected by manger at that time. I like a lot of the management team here could talk and felt could learn from them. My coworkers was awesome very nice and helpful. I enjoyed my job really wanted to move up in company.
Pros
healthcare, discounts
Cons
distance to travel work
All my review above average
Maintenance Helper (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CADecember 2, 2016
for my 12 years in this company i have six manager or chief engineer each one of them have no problem..my 8 yrs i working at time by my self. to taking care fhe guest problem ..requested to transfer in day my job assignment perform preventive maintenance in the guest rooms..hardest part when the hotel are full occupancy and has a plumbing problem by my self..//most enjoyable part if all co worker helping each other work like a team..
A typical Day was Extremely Busy!
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNDecember 20, 2016
I wore many hats while employeed at the Doubletree Hotel.
It was a great learning experience for me. I loved my Co Workers, everyone was always helpful and kind.
I enjoyed my job duties. I loved a challenge and I loved learning new things.
I loved the interaction with the staff and customers.
Pros
Free lunch for Management, I loved the catering and the management.
Cons
Short breaks, sometimes I didn't get one.
Excellent introduction to the hospitality industry
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Rosemead, CANovember 15, 2016
It is a great place to star anyone's career. The job will allow you to interact with many guests, vendors and many other coworkers/employees that will contribute to your professional and personal growth. Unfortunately like in many other jobs within the hospitality industry the expectations and responsibilities are really high in comparisons to the benefits/opportunists.
Pros
Free meals, discounted rate for employees
Cons
under staff, high employee turn around
Bartender Banquet Server
Banquet Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIJanuary 7, 2017
Gathered five years experience, of creating, maintaining a very productive work environment,while working alongside 30 plus coworkers to make a memorable work night, one day at a time.

Customer Service Skills a number one priority, educating you each day with new and upcoming creative ways to throw a special party, wedding, business conference etc..

· Responsibilities included a team leadership role, working with the head table bridal parties wedding service. Holding a responsibility, to guide the party, and making the start of their night shine. Doing the absolute best, we possibly could, and some to achieve,a fun well full serviced dinner, and really to just let them enjoy the party.
Pros
Wedding venues
Cons
Long nights but it gets easy after a few parties
Working At The Doubletree
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 14, 2016
Its a nice place to work, i've learned a lot about cleaning more then i've ever known, the co-workers are nice, management always there for help anytime you needed the hardest part about the job was the amount of rooms you had to clean each day but never the less it still was a great job to have and the best thing about the job was the tips the customers would leave tips in the room just before you came to clean the room but it was a great place to work and if i could go back i would..
Nice stable work enviroment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALNovember 8, 2016
Double Tree is a friendly stable work enviroment. It's fairly busy and an easy job! I do wish managment was a little more tight and more aware. I would recommend this hotel to people who are on business trips or just want a comfortable stay somewhere. My job here did get really busy when we were sold out, more people wanted to eat at our restaraunt and have drinks at our bar rather than going out! I did like our busy days because time flew by but sometimes I got stressed when everyone wasn't doing their job. It's not always easy when co-workers aren't all on the same page, I love team work! The job get's finished quicker and everyone should feel accomplished because everyone pitched in!!!
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Short breaks
a great place to work where good work effort is noticed and rewarded.
PBX Operator/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 20, 2017
I enjoyed my time here while employed. Good perks and benefits. It can get busy and the rush was fun. They give you the tools to be a leader and make manageral decisions. Parking wasnt always gauranteed so that was a bummer.
Pros
free lunch. discount stays at select hotels.
Cons
constant testings and reviews on updated hilton system
fun high intensity and customer service grounded
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 16, 2016
A typical work day for me is assisting staff with expediting problem payments follow with guest regarding satisfaction with guest related issues. process all guest check ins by confirming res assign room process all payment types such as room charges cash checks debit or credit set up accurate accounts for each guest upon check in
Pros
the people
Cons
we never close
Night Audit
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 28, 2016
This was a great work experience. I never had a position working in the hospitality industry. Being able to be a people's person was a great asset of mines. There would be people visting from out of state that would need information about the city. it always made me excited that i was able to help the guests. My biggest accomplishment was completing the training on how to do the night audit.
Great Place to work at !!
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  sterling, virginia, usaNovember 27, 2016
A typical day, would start with greetings and hugs from fellow colleagues with a smiley face. Even the bosses greet you with a smile whenever you meet them and exchange pleasantries. Work is never work here it is always fun, which is why even in a fully crowded restaurant you will find team members working with a smile.
Pros
staff welfare activities
Cons
low wages
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 20, 2016
Management could be better but ability to move up in company is reasonable to absolute. Along with meeting new people, team work and team building were key in the work environment.
Pros
Getting to meet new and exciting guest, meeting people's wants and needs.
Cons
Low base rate of payment even with someone who has been in the work industry for 10+ years.
Great Enviorment Great people to work with no ladder to climb
MAINTENANCE WORKER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2017
The job is stress free and management is always breathing down your back. Mostly everyone is kind and easy to work with. Ive learned a lot of maintenance and basic how to thing in plumbing and HVAC work
I enjoy most is the people I work with and the flexible schedule
Pros
flexiable hours
Cons
pay rate and no ladder
Great place to make money.
Banquet Manager (Former Employee) –  Reading, PANovember 18, 2016
This place could be a wonderful place. You have the opportunity to make excellent money, except you can and will be fired if you do not follow the cult like managements views. There is no job security. The place has been open one year and I cant tell you how many people have come and gone. Too many to count.
Pros
Money
Cons
Cult like leadership. Google it, its a real thing.
Everyday is Different
(171Rooms) - Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CADecember 14, 2016
Hospitality Industry always has its moments, I love interacting with people, meeting people from all over the world. I learn some new everyday.

I have been working in the customer service line for 20 years and number 1 thing I leant is NEVER TAKE IT PERSONAL.

I have great organization skill and give 100% to whatever I do.
Benefits
Worked much harder and productive than most
House Keeper / Maintenance Custodian (Former Employee) –  West Port in Maryland Heights, MO.October 6, 2016
Started in House Keeping and was called often to complete tasks that others failed.
After several months, I was promoted to Maintenance Engineer where training was minimal.
My immediate supervisor was very knowledgeable about the mechanics of maintaining all equipment but the downfall on his part was that he had a "favorite" that was suppose to take the lead in my training and failed to comply.
I loved the work and experience learned from basically my own training and direction from my immediate supervisor.
It was the "favoritism" that was his downfall and my demise.
Pros
The experience I gained in learing a new trade/career
Cons
Unfortunate non-professional supervisor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Doubletree Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.