Doubletree Hotel Employee Reviews in United States

great team players, great customers
Banquet Hostess (Former Employee) –  Linthicum, MDMarch 15, 2016
I really liked the customers. Fun environment. Hardest part of the job was not having the supplies we needed to complete certain functions Job was fun up until last couple of weeks. After that management became unsupportive. Verbal abuse was common, and management didn't want to correct the problem Made a lot of friends concerning co workers..
Pros
Fun place to work, great co workers, hotel stay benefits
Cons
verbal abuse was common, management unsupportive
Well paced company that involves making critical decisions for our well being to keep our company maintained.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2016
I had learned a lot on how to control your authority when handling a business decision for the company. Also it was rough and stressful days, but i had stayed strong consistently without giving up and i had kept that mentality ever since i started working in this company.
Pros
Free food, Vacations
Cons
Health benefits
I was an Intern
Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2016
This was one tough position. I worked long hours all for no salary. However, it was fun because it was fast paced. I solicited business for the Property via the telephone and by visiting neighboring businesses. I assisted the Director of Sales.
Pros
I learned many things
Cons
No salary
Rewarding experience to show my love for Hospitality.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Durango, COJanuary 7, 2016
Working that the DoubleTree by Hilton, was the most rewarding experience I ever have been granted. I learned more in the year there than I have any where else in my life. My co-workers and managers were incredibly nice and thoughtful people that made going to work the best part. Loved meeting so many new people and rewarded with the experience in the Hospitality field.
Pros
Benefits, free meals, good people
Recieved free room when needed
Cook (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 9, 2015
Management unprofessional,co-workers were not team players, I learned fine dining experience and how to present plates to guess on a fine dining level.The hardest part of the job was not knowing what you would face when you arrived to work for the day, the.Most enjoyable part of the job was serving my guess and having them praise my food that I prepared for them.
felt drained
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 28, 2015
no room for advancement, felt like i was over worked and under compensated, over pressure to get results and they were more focused on salt scores opposed to employers happiness. They would only call me out on the bad and very rarely on the good.
Pros
steady schedule, benefits
Cons
management, pay rate, stress, pressure
Nice location
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  MarylandMarch 9, 2016
Checking in guests are a breeze. I've learned a lot through Hilton University training. My co-workers are cool. The hardest part of my job is working every weekend.
Pros
free lunch and dinner
Cons
no advancement or raises
excelent company
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 5, 2015
This company cares about its staff and advances those who work hard. Employees are treated fairly as well.I would recommend this company to anyone. The management team listened to concerns of its staff and address all issues in a timely manor.
Pros
free meals, excellent benifits
Useful
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 4, 2016
My day start with setting up line for Breakfast turning on fryers, grills, and salamanders. Making sure I have the product I need to start cooking....I break breakfast down, and start setting up for lunch for the next shift...
Pros
like my hours...
Cons
Wages, benefits, lack of empolyees
good work experience
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 13, 2015
helping out all departments . i learned to work for difficult company.
the management was relaxed but friendly. great benefits and job security
Pros
free lunch
Cons
being a union
Good staff, and co-workers
PBX Operator/Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaOctober 18, 2015
I have been employed with this company for 5 years. I enjoy working in PBX and with my co-workers. I have learned a few job procedures while I have been employed with the Doubletree. There is no advancement, and hours have been cut. I am looking to better myself, so I need to look for a new employment opportunity.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
401K, Life insurance
Nice and friendly staff, the company TPG is not good
Banquet Captain (Current Employee) –  Linthicum Heights, MDDecember 14, 2015
Over 5 years I mostly enjoyed my time working in this hotel, but lately it became too stressful and crazy, it feels like the TPG doesn't care or hear employees anymore. But staff is great and friendly.
Pros
great staff
Cons
salary
Interactive environment,great benefits; Different schedules every week.
Guests Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 7, 2015
Most of the people in my department are great to work with.Work schedules change every week so life is revolved around work; even though they try to show a preview of the second work week, which still changes. Pay does not equal all the work you have to do unless you hustle. (Bellman/Van Driver)
Pros
Great Benefits, team members are great, meeting people from all over the globe.
Cons
Life revolves around work, scheduling, and meeting people from around the globe. Some people are very rude, treating you like slaves at times.
Great company
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 11, 2015
Awesome company, lots of perks. been here almost a year and I love coming into work. Free parking downtown, free lunch everyday, great benefits, and tips.
Pros
PYO Benefits free lunch half off all hilton hotels around the world
Cons
starting pay could be better
Every day at work with a smile
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORSeptember 15, 2015
It's the same routine every single day. Clock in and you work your exact hours. Breakfast crew has no breaks. You always have to come in with a positive attitude. In breakfast you only have 2 other members that work with you so its really hard to rely on someone to cover your shift, unless you talk to management.
Pros
will work with schedule or requested time off
Cons
Part time employees get no benefits
Okay work for pay
BANQUET SERVER & BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILFebruary 18, 2016
Definitely underlining factors and politics that are relevant from even entry level jobs. Easy work for pay, but do not expect job advancement. High turnover rate with bias management. If you need a quick job that's easy, go for it. Definitely not a long term placement. Only make tips as bartender.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No server tips, young peer mentality, single moms with babies
Average place for valet work
Valet Runner/ Captain (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 2, 2016
The management constantly was going thru changes. Lots of misdirection and managers who usually did not know what they were doing. Very very easy job, could have gone the management route yet there was not enough room for advancement I felt in the location I was at.

Typical day: start time at 530 am, valet cars until about 10 am, take a lunch, valet more from 1030-2 then off work. Very early shift but the tips were better in that shift as opposed to the night shift.
Front Desk Agent
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 15, 2016
Management does not want ANYONE to move within this company or location. I wanted to try working in different departments, but management would not have it, just because they didn't want me to. There was so many people that had been there for years and they would not promote within, these people knew the ins and outs of the hotel but they insisted on training someone from the outside.
What they got in return was some awesome and hard working people leaving this location.
Pros
Discounted Lunch, Discounted hotels.
Cons
Management, Advancement, job security
Great Place to start work in hospitality.
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLFebruary 17, 2016
I have learned a lot from working at Doubletree as a front desk Supervisor. I have learned to have patience and learned to deal with high amounts of stress. Hospitality will always have its up and downs because it is dealing with people so much. I enjoyed working with my team and tackling issues together but I believe the management had very expectations of what the scores needed to be at and it was frustrating to try to achieve that level while more work is added and less support is given. Over all not the easiest job but it depends on where the hotel is located and how the hotel is managed.
Pros
Free lunches. Flexible schedules. Hilton Perks with Team Member Travel.
Cons
Low pay for high stress as times. Work Holidays and Weekends since Business never closes.
Great place to work, has a very fun atmosphere
Bellman (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 24, 2015
The DoubleTree has a very home feel, they make you feel welcome when you first walk in the door. I learned so much more about who I am and what it is t work in customer service. I would say there is not a lot of room for moving up the latter if you are just at the bottom its hard to be recognized, however that is expected in large companies.
Pros
One Free hot meal a day, free parking passes in downtown, great benifits.
Cons
not very equal in all departments.