Doubletree Hotel Employee Reviews

the work place was ok it was the people to many bosses..
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23451January 22, 2017
typical day at work was getting to work on time for the many meeting then after the meeting getting my paper and heading to laundry grab what i needed and then to my floor to set up my cart and get started with my job.. i learn that staying to myself in the room attendant business is best keep you out of a lot of the others problems and etc i learned that different hotels have a lot of different set ups do things different when it comes to how room attendants get their lining and etc..management was all over the place it was to many trying to do the management..workplace culture ok and the hardest part of my job was running out of lining..enjoyable part was getting ready to clock out in head home.....
Always something to do.
Maintenance Lead (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KS 67209December 21, 2016
Always something to do but too much is expected of you for little pay. The companies that have run it will only give a minimum amount of money for raises each year. Getting 25 cents for the year is apparently suppose to make you work harder.
Pros
Free soda and always have work
Cons
No advancement and not enough pay.
Excellent introduction to the hospitality industry
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Rosemead, CANovember 15, 2016
It is a great place to star anyone's career. The job will allow you to interact with many guests, vendors and many other coworkers/employees that will contribute to your professional and personal growth. Unfortunately like in many other jobs within the hospitality industry the expectations and responsibilities are really high in comparisons to the benefits/opportunists.
Pros
Free meals, discounted rate for employees
Cons
under staff, high employee turn around
Portland Oregon
Accounts Receivable/Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 6, 2016
Followed and adhered to GAAP rules. Daily collection calls and resolving customer discrepancies and complaints. Adjusted invoices, A/R posting, balanced ledger and traced charges and charge back on a daily basis. Managed clients business relationships,. Collaborated with the sales team in bringing in new clients and developing new business opportunities. Recommend changes in the credit policy to senior management
Pros
free meals. good other benefits
Cons
Pay is poor - raises are bare minimum
Great place to make money.
Banquet Manager (Former Employee) –  Reading, PANovember 18, 2016
This place could be a wonderful place. You have the opportunity to make excellent money, except you can and will be fired if you do not follow the cult like managements views. There is no job security. The place has been open one year and I cant tell you how many people have come and gone. Too many to count.
Pros
Money
Cons
Cult like leadership. Google it, its a real thing.
Excellent Place to work for!
Server, Busser, Barista (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 17, 2016
I love this job but due to other priorites in life I had lost my position and generally moved on communication was highly important management was enjoyable as well as co-workers who made everything fun.. the hardest part at the time was multi-tasking in many different departments at the same time most enjoyable were getting tips and other compensation benefits of doing a swell job. This employer also gave advancements as well as in knowledge about the classy life and how important it was to give guest satisfaction to everyone
nice place to work, not a very stressful place to be
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYDecember 7, 2016
very nice place to work and very understanding management team, very helpful with work and your personal life. Co workers make you feel right at home and pay is okay due to all the other benefits you have
Pros
free lunch, great discounts on room
River walk plaza hotel was great work place to work.
Breakfast Cook (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 15, 2016
friendly staff and management. great HR department, great benefits, free parking and meals, room discount, holiday family luncheon
great team work with all employees and managers.
great guest services
Worked much harder and productive than most
House Keeper / Maintenance Custodian (Former Employee) –  West Port in Maryland Heights, MO.October 6, 2016
Started in House Keeping and was called often to complete tasks that others failed.
After several months, I was promoted to Maintenance Engineer where training was minimal.
My immediate supervisor was very knowledgeable about the mechanics of maintaining all equipment but the downfall on his part was that he had a "favorite" that was suppose to take the lead in my training and failed to comply.
I loved the work and experience learned from basically my own training and direction from my immediate supervisor.
It was the "favoritism" that was his downfall and my demise.
Pros
The experience I gained in learing a new trade/career
Cons
Unfortunate non-professional supervisor
Very good training
Server/F&B Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 20, 2016
Great environment and management team. F& B Director very helpful and knowledgeable. Great training available as well Doubletree by Hiilton also provided advancement opportunities
Pros
Lunch provided
Cons
Great place to work with accommodation to employees
Bellman (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRSeptember 28, 2016
It's been my home for 8 years. I love all my coworkers and the management team. I have been able to get my talent across the supervisors because they let me be myself when I work with the new guests we get every day
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short pay
very friendly place and miss this hotel
Houseman/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INNovember 30, 2016
Very good place to work. if wanting to learn about housekeeping as much as possible a good recommendation. I learned from being a room inspector to assistant housekeeping work. The hardest part was dealing with being not respected by manger at that time. I like a lot of the management team here could talk and felt could learn from them. My coworkers was awesome very nice and helpful. I enjoyed my job really wanted to move up in company.
Pros
healthcare, discounts
Cons
distance to travel work
Advancement
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJune 28, 2016
Working in the accounting office activities that consisted of Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable, Payroll, General Cashier. I started out as an Income Auditor and eventually moved into the Payroll position. Management and co-workers were great. Everyone helps each other out. The hardest part of the job was working with upset customers. The best part of the job was learning new things and working in the office.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Upset customers
Working At The Doubletree
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 14, 2016
Its a nice place to work, i've learned a lot about cleaning more then i've ever known, the co-workers are nice, management always there for help anytime you needed the hardest part about the job was the amount of rooms you had to clean each day but never the less it still was a great job to have and the best thing about the job was the tips the customers would leave tips in the room just before you came to clean the room but it was a great place to work and if i could go back i would..
Fast paced work envirornment
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 23, 2016
Great place for anyone who liked a fast paced learning, working environment.

Hardest part of the job was the long hours.
Most enjoyable part of the job was making the customers happy.
Pros
Tips
Cons
A typical Day was Extremely Busy!
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNDecember 20, 2016
I wore many hats while employeed at the Doubletree Hotel.
It was a great learning experience for me. I loved my Co Workers, everyone was always helpful and kind.
I enjoyed my job duties. I loved a challenge and I loved learning new things.
I loved the interaction with the staff and customers.
Pros
Free lunch for Management, I loved the catering and the management.
Cons
Short breaks, sometimes I didn't get one.
Everyday is Different
(171Rooms) - Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CADecember 14, 2016
Hospitality Industry always has its moments, I love interacting with people, meeting people from all over the world. I learn some new everyday.

I have been working in the customer service line for 20 years and number 1 thing I leant is NEVER TAKE IT PERSONAL.

I have great organization skill and give 100% to whatever I do.
Benefits
productive place with good people as co-workers
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 29, 2016
A typical day would be supervising the maintaining of the condition of the building and dealing with any repairs that were needed. The hardest part was being able to deal with the unprofessional ways of management, the best part was working with my co-workers each day. What I learned was how to be an effective leader, how to build confidence in those who were unsure and how to motivate those that I was entrusted to supervise. My co-workers were the best, there was a feel of family within the company and we all enjoyed working with one another. Management was the low point of working there, the way employees were treated and talked to was definitely not what you wanted to deal with each day.
Pros
free meals, good people
Cons
healthcare costs, moral
Great company for students and
Supervisor - Lupe Florez (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VA 22202December 12, 2016
there is a lot of chances to move forward within the company, Hilton is a leading company and the benefits are great. Good company for students who need flexible hours .
Pros
free lunch good benefits
Cons
crazy work hours
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 20, 2016
Management could be better but ability to move up in company is reasonable to absolute. Along with meeting new people, team work and team building were key in the work environment.
Pros
Getting to meet new and exciting guest, meeting people's wants and needs.
Cons
Low base rate of payment even with someone who has been in the work industry for 10+ years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Doubletree Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.