Doubletree Hotel

Doubletree Hotel Employee Reviews

Long hours and hard work
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Free lunch everyday, and security on site
Cons: Short breaks, long hours and not enough employees
I enjoyed the work and having assigned floors. Management was not understanding of appointments and always angry. I loved when there was a event going on that the job that's when you get the meet the guest and earn more tips. I am a people person so I enjoyed my job.
Easy serving position
Server/ Cashier (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LaJuly 30, 2015
Fast paced environment, opportunity to gain trust and interact with regular guest, early morning shift, opportunity to gain outstanding customers service.
Doubletree hotel was always busy and they made working for them enjoyable.
Asst. Executive Housekeeping (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJuly 30, 2015
Pros: There was always room for advancement.
Cons: We never closed for any holidays which made it hard to have family time.
It was a fast pace work environment. I was responsible for the ordering of product and shipments, schedules etc, I had a great team and we worked all holidays and never closed.
Cookie for our guest was wonderfull but not listening to employess is the problem, empowering employees is key to success
Director of Front Office (Former Employee), Pikesville, MDJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Cookies
Cons: Listening
The Brand is fine but the management needs some serious change the world as changed so should the old thinking mentality especially pertaining to other world culures
DoubleTree by Phoenix-Gilbert
EXECUTIVE MEETING MANAGER (Current Employee), Gilbert, AZJuly 29, 2015
DoubleTree by Phoenix-Gilbert is good place to work; owners are very involved with the day to day operations and are very accessible should you need any assistance.
I have enjoyed working for the Double Tree for the past five years .
Server (Current Employee), Aurora, COJuly 28, 2015
Double Tree has ben a big part of my life. I have enjoyed being a part of the Double Tree team. I would refer my friends and family to work there
Great Hotel, Great Staff, average Management company
Executive Chef & Beverage Director (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Great Hotel, Great Staff
Cons: No training or advancement opportunities. No recognition for accomplishments.
Do more with less. (Management companies motto). Not allot of happy faces. Constant threat of termination - "get on board or get out" Hostile work environment from General manager.
Busy full-service hotel with hardworking staff
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJuly 25, 2015
Busy full-service hotel with hardworking staff. Geared for Sun-Thu business traveler. Large hotel in good location. Facility poorly maintained and understaffed. Fantastic full breakfast. High turnover of management.
Better If Your a Guest VS a Employee
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJuly 25, 2015
I worked with them for a month. Management unorganized at the time i worked they. But for the little time I worked there I loved it. I meet very nice people.
Fun place to work
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILJuly 25, 2015
fun place to work, love to interact with the guest, always stay busy with next days work, team is fantastic, we always have a good shift, housekeeping is great, short staffed hurts the scores of the hotel
Great place to work, has a very fun atmosphere
Bellman (Current Employee), Spokane, WAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: One Free hot meal a day, free parking passes in downtown, great benifits.
Cons: not very equal in all departments.
The DoubleTree has a very home feel, they make you feel welcome when you first walk in the door. I learned so much more about who I am and what it is t work in customer service. I would say there is not a lot of room for moving up the latter if you are just at the bottom its hard to be recognized, however that is expected in large companies.
Attitude is everything
Barback/Bartender (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHJuly 20, 2015
As a member of the bar staff,you have to leave your personal issues at home and provide the guest with the best experience possible. Your positive attitude may brighten the day of a trouble guest.
ok
hostess (Former Employee), Tarrytown, NYJuly 16, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
management is not the great they hire people with no experience what so ever but the cowokers were nice or most of them are it was nice working there learned alot !!
Friendly and inviting work place.
srver (Current Employee), Bucked Atlanta, GaJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Employee discount all over the United States
Cons: Short Break
A typical day at work starts with by being organized, attention to detail, and working as a team. I also learned working as a team as well as independently. The management is a great help by answering work related questions and more. Working with co-workers is like working with a family. Their are some challenging times which are able to over come. The most enjoyable part of the job is building long term relationships with a gust.
Working with the guest is great
Housekeeper/Laundry Attendant (Current Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: Not working enough hours
Preparing rooms each day for new guests. Learned that its different then working in a hospital. Management is ok. Do enjoy working with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is not working enough hours. The enjoyable part is the customers satisfaction.
A Remote Island of Employment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Rohnert ParkJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Schedule (M-F), Benefits (Travel Program), Free Lunches
Cons: Very Low Pay, Opportunities for Advancement, Morale
First and foremost this position is an excess slot within this particular hotel, meaning, when it comes time for the DoubleTree to tighten the financial belt on employees; don't be surprised if this position is the first to go. This job is a typical office job answer phones, interact with guest, copy mounds of paperwork, filing and etc. There isn't a lot of work to be done here, in fact most of the – more... time you'll be completing remedial tasks handed down to you by managers, that they could of easily taken care of themselves in the same time it took them to compose the email asking you to complete that very task. Since the workload is extremely slow upper management will expect you to have "initiative" and go around looking for extra work during your duty day, which means more likely or not you will be completing even more pointless tasks or vanity tasks that allows the managers more time to drink their coffee or "conference" with one other; which will result in having little to no effect toward your career development. Speaking of career development, no on here cares about your growth. There only interested in preserving their daily office routines and minimizing the amount of work they have to do on a daily basis. However, as a former employee, I do believe that the Hilton Brand provides excellent opportunities for growth and advancement (through their employee online network), its just one of those companies where you must be willing to relocate and expect little to no mentorship in the early stages. If your interested in just a job w/ benefits, this job is for you. If you want a career in hospitality with a chance at reasonable growth I would suggest another Hilton Hotel. Also, as a general warning, morale here is currently low and there is an obvious rift between all the employees and managers, which means you'll most likely have to pick a side until morale greatly improves. – less
Fun place Great people
Server (Current Employee), Burlingame, CAJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: No benefits
Got to work at looked if everything was ready for the work day. In this job I learned that with your hard work you can win your wa up fpr a higher position. Hard work does pay off. I had a really good relationship with my co workers we worked really good as a team and did our job how it was suppose to be done.
housekeeping/front desk
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNJuly 9, 2015
Pros: nice
Cons: big
One of the nicest hotels I have seen and has the nicest staff that I was proud to be apart of. All housekeepers worked in a timely fashion to complete daily tasks and front desk gave each guest satisfactory service.
great staff to work with
Chief Engineer / Director of Engineering (Current Employee), Galveston, TXJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Great staff
Cons: long hours
Great company to work for.
Awesome staff in place!
Long hours are typical and expected.
Great hotel, newly renovated inside and out.
There was a mini band played at the bar every Friday night.
Valet attendant (Former Employee), Miami, FlJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Party for employees at the end of the year.
My second day at work was a typical day,because we started knowing each other as a team,we made fun and joke,I learned how to deal with people that was a good experience for me. my manager was good, he managed the valet department very well.The hardest part of the job is,when you tried to deliver good service some of them are lazy,the most enjoyable part is when we work together as a team.

1 2 3 4 5

About Doubletree Hotel

If you're driving on the interstate and are looking for a hotel or a resort, Interstate Hotels & Resorts is your company. The – Read more

Doubletree Hotel Salaries