Doubletree Hotel

Doubletree Hotel Employer Reviews

Fun work place
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 28, 2015
The number one Doubletree for customer service in NYC. This is a wonderful place to work with wonderful staff and pay.

The best part of the job is the guest and the many people that travel to NYC just for the service of the hotel.

This hotel can be very busy during the summer.
A fun and productive place to work.
Server (Former Employee), Spokane, Wash.February 21, 2015
Pros: classy free dinner
I worked in the Double Tree Ballroom for two nights. It was festive and I think the guests all had a good time. Even the help was fed, and the food was very good.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Hostess/Server/Busser (Current Employee), Modesto, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: free meal
Cons: holiday work
A typical day at work begins by going and getting my bank for the cash register. I then get out a coffee pot for to-go cups of coffee and then clean up and organize my area. As i am in that process i am also sure to greet and seat guests as they walk through the door. I ask them how their morning is going and make them feel welcome. I tell them about the restaurants special and ask them what they would like to drink. I then let the server know that they have a guest to attend to and then go back to cleaning. I fold napkins for the breakfast and lunch/dinner shifts then i polish silverware. and i continue to seat and greet people throughout my shift. At the end of my shift i drop the money i owe to the hotel from my bank and then count the money and put it away. I then go back to the restaurant and help bus, clean, and flip the restaurant for the lunch shift.
I have learned to good customer service skills, how to work under pressure in a fast paced environment, and great hospitality skills.
The management there is super nice and respectful and always open to new ideas. They are fair and helpful in many situations.
My co-workers are all very respectful of each other and very kind to the guests. They have made me feel like a part of a family.
The hardest part of my job would be busing enough tables as fast as the guests are coming in. I try to give the guests quick service and try as hard as i can to seat people quickly.
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the customers who have become regulars. They are there every day and i enjoy having conversations with them.
Chief Building Engineer/ Loss Prevention Director (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEFebruary 19, 2015
Double Tree by Hilton was a great place to work. The only issue was management not wanting to put the required repairs into the facility.
Doubletree by Hilton
Executive Concierge- (Current Employee), philadelphiaFebruary 18, 2015
Doubletree by Hilton is a good place to work. But there really is no room to grow and expand. The hardest part of my job is communication. Everyone is not on the same page of how this operate.
A nice place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 18, 2015
This was a office work type of job. I like office work. This was a good job in which to learn new things and refresh what I had known before.
fun workplace
F&B Supervisor/Bartender (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: discounts on multiple hotel listings in the country
Enjoyed dealing with different guest daily from the East to West Coast . Also enjoyed my regular guests daily . I was empowered in my position to satisfy all guest in any way possible - our slogan was "never say no " - I enjoy meeting new people , I am very outgoing and personable . I am a hard worker and enjoy what I do . And always willing to go the extra mile and learn different departments / activities if need be .
Fun and Friendly place to work
Cook (Current Employee), Westborough, MAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: friendly work environment
Cons: limited growth
My day starts at 5 am. I cook breakfast for the buffet, and banquets if there is a function. Then I bake the hotel's icon "the doubletree cookie". Each guest gets one upon check in. Next, I begin to stock the breakfast line consisting of bacon, sausage, potatoes, chopping peppers and onions. Then, stocking the omelet station. Filling pans with pancake mix, hollandaise sauce, liquid eggs, raw eggs, diced vegetables and meats, French toast egg mixture, etc. In between stocking I handle orders on the breakfast line, restock the buffet as needed, and make clam chowder and the soup du jour. Once I am done these tasks I prepare the lunch line. I stock anything that is empty or low and ensure everything is ready to serve at 11 when lunch starts. Then I cook the orders as they pop up. While working at the Doubletree I have learned to work on a breakfast and lunch line. I've learned to multitask and work quickly and independently. I'm very clean when I work. I believe everything should be sanitary and the presentation of the food should look appetizing and as the chef wants it to. Management is nice and encouraging. They try to help us when needed. My co-workers are friendly and like to laugh which makes the job enjoyable. The hardest part of my job is the repetition. The job is enjoyable but there is not a lot of growth available. I would like to expand my skills so that is why I'm choosing to find another place to work after 5 and a half years.
Fun positive work place
Night auditor (Former Employee), Alsip, ILFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: free lunches, christmas parties and overnight stays
Cons: there were no cons
My typical night would consist of me punching in setting up my work space and starting my night by collecting reports needed to balance out for the night. I also spoke with other departments in regards to questionable sales transactions that needed review. I learned how to balance each departments sales and I also saw how the trends of certain times of year would affect the hotel business. Of course the summer being the highest peek time. My management and co-workers were very easy to get along with and very professional. We all worked as a team upholding the Hilton Brand Promise. The hardest part of my job was leaving when they decided to eliminate the night audit position due to a business decision. I enjoyed working with a great group of people and my kids enjoyed the family hotel discount stays.
Great staff
Director of Engineering (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Great staff,big hotel ,460 rooms 58k banquet space 2 restaurants,sport bar ,spread out over 13 acres,busy 11 months a year
Its a job
Bartender/Trainer/Server (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 10, 2015
Pretty laid back for server position. Not a lot of micromanagement. Made enough to cover bills with roommates. Loved the free meal they provided every shift.
Great work place with nice people
Cashier/Server/Host/Room Svc (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 9, 2015
Great work environment with nice people. Employees treat each other like family. Very structured and well prepared establishment. Love eveyone i worked with.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORK PLACE
GSA (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2015
Working for Doubletree was a wonderful experience. From the management team to the regular team members, everything was great! Would love to work for them again in the future
Good Job. Overwhelming.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Brooklyn Center, MNFebruary 2, 2015
I was the Program Director, meaning that it was my job to operate a household of two men with developmental disabilities. The two guys would fight with each other all the time, so I swtiched to a different job.
Great people to work for and with
Bellman, Doorman, Concierge (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: great benefits, free lunch, great work enviornment.
Cons: when business was slow.
Each and every day was a fun time at the DoubleTree. Enjoyed keeping customers happy on their adventures in my beautiful city! I was a jack of all trades there sometimes assisting in other departments as well as my own depending on the needs of the day.
Productive Fast Paced enviornment
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 30, 2015
With this company I learned the importance of time management.
Working with different people daily allowed me to expect the unexpected and be able to figure out problems you may not always be trained to do. My co workers were excellent in sharing helpful information about the company.
Family style team, a lot of fun
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: not mid-day shifts, either late or early. free dinner (lunch as well) provided by hotel, employee of the month program
Cons: uniforms, parking (downtown hotel, no employee parking), hard to move forward
It's been a while since I've worked here, but it was definitely one of my favorite places to work. Mostly because of our regular guests, getting to hear the stories of travelers, and the amazing feeling of family we shared at the front desk. Management often tried to avoid any confrontation, though, so you often wouldn't know if you had done something wrong until your hours were cut, and unsure as to why. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the available parking to room ratio (100 parking spaces, 300 rooms).
Never a dull moment
Guest Service Specialist (Former Employee), New York NYJanuary 28, 2015
I first started as a greeter/receptionist within 3 months moved into sales. It was easy for me to talk to people the hardest part was learning the product especially being a female in car sales but never the less I succeeded.
I was a Landscaper and Grounds Keeper
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee), Santa Fe, NMJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, good management, good pay
Cons: working in poor wheather conditions, very physically taxing labor, seasonal
I was responsible for up keep of the entire grounds area for a 4 hacienda property. This included digging ditches to lay in new sprinkler system, maintaining lawn and garden area, as well as maintaining security of the property.
productive
guest service agent (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJanuary 23, 2015
handling incoming calls, making reservation and cash handling

1 2 3 4 5

About Doubletree Hotel

If you're driving on the interstate and are looking for a hotel or a resort, Interstate Hotels & Resorts is your company. The – Read more