Doubletree Hotel Employee Reviews

The best job i've ever had.
Engineer (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, friendly co workers.
Typical days I take the calls making it very busy. I learned how to get along with co workers and how to deal with situations you don't agree with. My co workers and I are great friends, we often chat outside of work. The most enjoyable part of my job is guest satisfaction and knowing I was able to fix the problem to ensure guests have a wonderful stay.
It was a great company to work for
Secretary-Purchasing Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Empolyees were like family, I still keep in touch.
I learned what was involved in purchasing Furniture, Fixture and Equipment for a new build and a renovation of a hotel. Negotiating and bidding product. Learning what is involved in building a new hotel or renovating one.
Great enviorment to work in
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Campbell, CAAugust 26, 2015
The co-workers are great and fun to work with and are easy to get along with. I like how the company conducts meeting about things that need to be changed and improve on. I also like the way the company shows appreciation for the staff of our hard work.
One of the best companies I have worked for.
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Many opportunities to grow
Cons: Job should pay more
The management for this company are very supportive and helpful. The variety of customers continued to make my work day enjoyable. Hostest serveral convention and attention to detail is a very important aspect of the job.
Great company
Front desk agent, cashier and customer service (Former Employee), TorranceAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: Work hours
Good environment and a chance to meet people from all over the world. Decent pay and a chance to move up in the corporation.
Nice hotel, great service, friendly atmosphere
Banquet waitress (Former Employee), Somerset, New JerseyAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Unforgettable experience.
Cons: They need more organization and coordination with waitresses and waiters for major events.
Good place to work as a waitress. Serving duties as dinners and events.Set up for events, carry trays, serve guests and clean up at the event"s conclusion. Able to stand and walk for an extended period of time while accommodating guests effectively and politely.As a waitress I learned to give excellent customer service.I always got along with my ex co-workers, collaborate them, and teach them what I learned. The hardest part was lifting heavy trays with 10 plates of food; but the most enjoyable part was working with wonderful people and meet wonderful customers.
Banquets/customer service on every level
Banquets,customer service everywhere (Current Employee), San Antonio,TxAugust 18, 2015
Pros: insurance, flexible hours
Cons: would appreciate more hours
We serve all and any guests to meet their needs. I make sure I'm able to execute what is needed to assure excellent customer service. A typical day is less than typical, I can be utilized wherever I'm needed. That means setting up for banquets; serving, helping a manager with what a customers requests are. My coworkers are fun to work with cause we all band together to get the job done. I have not experienced anything classifying my job to be hard, when applying a plan and effort it is anything but difficult.
RUDE EMPLOYEES
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch, sweet deals on hotels
Cons: Unfriendly emplyees, FOOD AND BEVERAGE MANAGEMENT LACKS COMMUNICATION SKILLS, UNPROFESSIONAL
the doubletree downtown nashville was amazing when i started but i as i got to know employees and management it went to me wanting to quit. Baristas are rude to each other as well to the guest in the hotel. They talk about praticipating in drug activities as well performing them in front of guest. They're lazy and not team players. if it doesnt benefit them they wont do their job, I hurried up and got away,working in an environment takes a lot out you. it got to the point where we didnt have some items for key beverages we were promoting... I recommend geting a STARBUCKS MANAGER ASAP.
nothing
Auditor (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCAugust 17, 2015
gave a review on this company and what I learned and the opportunity which I was giving to move on to grow within the hotel industry
lots of benefits
Bartender/Fine (Former Employee), Broadway/AlvernonAugust 16, 2015
Pros: variety of job task, nice mangers
Cons: too much drama
I loved working here and having a variety of job task. I was a bartender, a cashier, server and worked in banquets . I especially liked my job income. It was steady work and excellent pay..
Food Department (Current Employee), Bay City MIAugust 15, 2015
Free lunch to everyone....managers really do care about their employees and they have many meetings that we can win great prizes at
Day to day skills
restaurant supervior (Current Employee), philadelphiaAugust 5, 2015
I would have to say the doubletree has been a great place to work. I have learned I great deal of responsibilities like how the manage a team and customer service skills.
A good place to work
Houseman (Former Employee), Ontario, CAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Good staff
Cons: Dont have any
I was only there for a few months, but during that time i had an overall good experience there. The hours were good and the rest of the staff were all good people. I would definitely consider working there again
Great Place to work
Front Office Manager (Former Employee), Madison, WIAugust 2, 2015
This is a great place to work, very local even though part of a chain. Award winning, with great co-workers and a great team atmosphere. Would definitely work here again.
Long hours and hard work
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Free lunch everyday, and security on site
Cons: Short breaks, long hours and not enough employees
I enjoyed the work and having assigned floors. Management was not understanding of appointments and always angry. I loved when there was a event going on that the job that's when you get the meet the guest and earn more tips. I am a people person so I enjoyed my job.
Easy serving position
Server/ Cashier (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LaJuly 30, 2015
Fast paced environment, opportunity to gain trust and interact with regular guest, early morning shift, opportunity to gain outstanding customers service.
Doubletree hotel was always busy and they made working for them enjoyable.
Asst. Executive Housekeeping (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJuly 30, 2015
Pros: There was always room for advancement.
Cons: We never closed for any holidays which made it hard to have family time.
It was a fast pace work environment. I was responsible for the ordering of product and shipments, schedules etc, I had a great team and we worked all holidays and never closed.
Cookie for our guest was wonderfull but not listening to employess is the problem, empowering employees is key to success
Director of Front Office (Former Employee), Pikesville, MDJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Cookies
Cons: Listening
The Brand is fine but the management needs some serious change the world as changed so should the old thinking mentality especially pertaining to other world culures
DoubleTree by Phoenix-Gilbert
EXECUTIVE MEETING MANAGER (Current Employee), Gilbert, AZJuly 29, 2015
DoubleTree by Phoenix-Gilbert is good place to work; owners are very involved with the day to day operations and are very accessible should you need any assistance.
I have enjoyed working for the Double Tree for the past five years .
Server (Current Employee), Aurora, COJuly 28, 2015
Double Tree has ben a big part of my life. I have enjoyed being a part of the Double Tree team. I would refer my friends and family to work there