Doubletree Hotel Employee Reviews in United States

Friendly environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, IL 62234July 26, 2016
I like my work place environment to be to be easy going but challenging. Also were i can help and make their day better and satisfying.
Pros
Free lunches and discounts on rooms
Cons
Short breaks
productive, face paced, work attire business, more professional than relaxed
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 24, 2016
typical day at work would be to clock in upon arrival check to make sure all paper work was completed, rooms where taken care of that needed to be. make sure that guest arriving on that day had a room assigned to their reservation. check in guest that arrived that day, and check out guest that was departing on that day. take payment of any accounts that have not been paid in full. print and check final reports, deposit any cash that had been taken through out the day. clock out.
Durango - Housekeeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Durango, COJuly 22, 2016
First of all, this is not just housekeeping. They'll train you in on laundry and schedule you as much as they can which by the way, is so badly maintained temperature wise, too dangerous for even a pregnant woman to work there.

Management has been there for decades, along with HR and GM, they know how to work the system so that you look like the villain when you want them to follow corporate protocol & not continue to degrade women, make racist comments, play inappropriate music in very heavy traffic areas. They will work you like a slave because you're new, they feel they don't have to bend over backwards to ensure you are taking/getting breaks, having days off, taking requested time off. They may give you 3 days 1 week, then 5 the next, in a row, and because most of management are so burnt out, they don't actually care to manage their team properly, so they are constantly passing the buck off to each other, nothing gets done, unless it makes them money. For example, they refuse to make sure everyone is getting a balanced workload, some work much harder than others. They say the hours are 8-3:30, but in reality they have a program where they track your time daily, so they make sure to drive you paranoid if you are slower (it doesn't matter that you're new). They are constantly talking about the budget, so the hours posted is very misleading.

With not being able to use benefits, being called to come in on every day off, inappropriate work environment reinforced by management, they are making sure to have high turnover. Management talks badly about other employees behind
  more... back, management doesn't care employees face homelessness, oh and make sure you're okay with management referring to homeless people as nuisances. They provide a meal for lunch but, most of the time it's leftovers from banquets, so food is usually spoiled. You can tell they don't really care if their employees are happy, mostly everyone seems drained and broke. Don't count on tips to make up the difference, many guests are unhappy with their service, mostly because the place is so run down.

If you're looking for a steady job where they'll appreciate you and want you to stick around, keep looking. This posting means they're desperate & they'll force you out when they don't "need" you anymore, meaning come fall, you won't get hours. That is if you last that long.
Pros
None, at all, just don't bother w/this place
No benefits no paid vac no advancement no paid holidays
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COJuly 18, 2016
Not a place to start a career
Need to give benifits go to this place for dead end job
The following user says thank you for your time
Great place to work with dedicated employees and great guest
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJuly 18, 2016
A typical work day is a fun filled work day, with not the same two days the same. I have learned how to lead a very diverse team. My managers have taught me a lot and are a very dedicated bunch of employees who know how to motivate the employees the right way. The hardest part of the job is making sure that every guest is 100% taken care of even when you are not here. The most enjoyable part is being able to lead such a great team that takes care of the guest with a smile every time.
Pros
Free lunch, great work atmosphere
Cons
Vacation time
Parks And Planning
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDJuly 18, 2016
good exercise while having fun such as playing basketball, football, kickball, dodgeball. I learned that co-workers don't like to see you move up and would say anything to bring you down.
Pros
free lunches, free trips
Cons
healthcare
Becoming a Double Tree Hotel
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 16, 2016
A typical day at work is just fine with me. I learned at work all I can so I will now how to complete my task. I will do everything the management asked me to do. I always will work with my co-worker at all times. It is never hard part of a job. The most enjoyable part of the job is to learned all you can.
Pros
Meeting new employees
Cons
Healthcare
Great place to work and learn
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 12, 2016
The place, where everyone's opinion matters, where one can easily grow. Lots of attention payed to personal development and team work.
Interesting
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 10, 2016
At MY Double tree they offered great service, but could do a little better in the organization department
Portland Oregon
Accounts Receivable/Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 6, 2016
Followed and adhered to GAAP rules. Daily collection calls and resolving customer discrepancies and complaints. Adjusted invoices, A/R posting, balanced ledger and traced charges and charge back on a daily basis. Managed clients business relationships,. Collaborated with the sales team in bringing in new clients and developing new business opportunities. Recommend changes in the credit policy to senior management
Pros
free meals. good other benefits
Cons
Pay is poor - raises are bare minimum

Want to know more about Doubletree Hotel?

Ask a question
productive place with good people as co-workers
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 29, 2016
A typical day would be supervising the maintaining of the condition of the building and dealing with any repairs that were needed. The hardest part was being able to deal with the unprofessional ways of management, the best part was working with my co-workers each day. What I learned was how to be an effective leader, how to build confidence in those who were unsure and how to motivate those that I was entrusted to supervise. My co-workers were the best, there was a feel of family within the company and we all enjoyed working with one another. Management was the low point of working there, the way employees were treated and talked to was definitely not what you wanted to deal with each day.
Pros
free meals, good people
Cons
healthcare costs, moral
Advancement
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJune 28, 2016
Working in the accounting office activities that consisted of Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable, Payroll, General Cashier. I started out as an Income Auditor and eventually moved into the Payroll position. Management and co-workers were great. Everyone helps each other out. The hardest part of the job was working with upset customers. The best part of the job was learning new things and working in the office.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Upset customers
Hotel is old
FRONT DESK/NIGHT AUDIT (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 27, 2016
furniture was old and smelly and the parking is a complete rip-off the carpet was gross.older hotel in need of updates in the guestThere were so many aspects of the room that were falling apart
free lunches free parking
Accounts Receivable/Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland OregonJune 24, 2016
good managers in my department. Goodt training, free company breakfast and lunch and free any amount of drinks. if working OT free dinner as well. friendly staff
Pros
free meals and free parking
Cons
work on saturdays
customer service, front desk agent
Front Desk customer representative (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 24, 2016
Front desk agent- I enjoy meeting and communicating with people as well as assisting guests as much as I can. on typical day I check in and check out guests. I deal with credit card transactions and cash handling on a daily bases. Because, the Doubletree is a airport hotel we have contracts with airline companies; authorizations with the airlines in assisting their employees with booking of the rooms. Very little supervision is required at the front desk. I enjoy my job to the fullest its very rewarding when one can put a smile on a guest face is priceless! :)
Productive and fun place to work
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 22, 2016
I enjoyed my bosses, open communication among all team members, room for growth, the company trains and promotes from within.
Very interesting!
Valet Parking (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 21, 2016
Very fun place to work. You drive all kind of nice cars, and you meet the most lovely tourists! The tips everyday were aplus. You have great convos with the guests and you learn alot about them. A great place to network.
Not Good
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 15, 2016
The supervisors and employees are very disrespectful. i really dont have nothing to say about this company.
Fun, craxy hours
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILJune 13, 2016
Again I would love to go back into this industry. My childern are grown now up so hours would not be an issue. I loved meeting new people every week and seeing all the dirrent events we would hold.
Pros
fun
Cons
holidays and crazy hours
Its a nice hotel
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJune 5, 2016
The hotel its self is great and people are nice and the food is good my time there was great I meet a lot of great people and also did my jobs with no problems.