Doubletree Hotel Employee Reviews in United States

Busy and quality place to work
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAApril 28, 2016
A very enjoyable experience. The benefits were good. The customers were generally cool and constantly revolving. A little are to navigate the chill then extremely corporate work setting.
Pros
401 K, Health insurance, good base pay
Cons
Very slow or extremely busy. Rarely a "normal" night.
Doubletree
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 25, 2016
was coming in meeting and greeting guests
learned a lot of computer skills
loved the management team
loved the co workers
hardest part was leaving my shift
enjoyed everything about my job
Pros
learning new things
Cons
shift was not long
Terrible place to work and would recommend to no one.
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 23, 2016
The management of this company is not organized at all. They play favorites and will take their word no matter what the actual situation is. They are quick to fire very hard workers. But love to keep people that have stolen from the company. Everything a company should do, this company does the opposite.
Pros
Most of the employees are amazing people
Cons
Intense work place politics and bullying
Productive, Big Place
Line cook AM (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 19, 2016
Good equipment, Management is good. Assistant management not so much. Co-workers unbelievably unprofessional. Higher pay co workers have a snobbish attitude towards everyone except customers or managers. Hardest part of the job is memorizing the menu because it is quite large. The most enjoyable part of work is how stable it is. You will learn team work and patience here. They have a lot of rules sort of like school. (exits, entrance, parking).
Pros
pay
Cons
no free lunch 4$ a meal.
Very Helpful
Intern (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 19, 2016
Every one is very helpful, but some time is scared for their job. Its a demanding job, but everyone looks out for one another and is happy for everyone success
Pros
Free lunch!
Ton of hours
Server/ Room Service (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 18, 2016
Work a ton of hours but overall a beautiful place to work. Had fun and there is lots to learn. Loved working with co workers and kitchen staff. Days went by fast and everyone worked together.
Horrible Executive Management
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 18, 2016
The pay is awful, and they will work you to death. Don't expect there to be any support from supervisor, you are on your own with the constant threat of being fired. The location I worked at was a corporate managed property, it made things difficult to get anything accomplished.
Pros
Travel program
Cons
Pretty much everything. Find a different job.
Doubletree in Downers Grove, IL. NOT GOOD!
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILApril 14, 2016
Poor management, terrible human resource person and a work environment equal to what one could only describe as S**T! To be honest the only reason to work there is insurance. This is a union hotel and your provided, because of the union, very good benefits. Other than what I just said, AVOID this poorly run, terrible Doubletree!
Pros
Free lunch, Union Insurance.
Cons
Everything except what is listed above!!!!
n/a
PBX Operator, Receptionist, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 13, 2016
A day at Double Tree you never no what going to happen like any job it could be a good wen you walk in or it could be a very busy day to busy for one person sometimes . The guest are great and my co worker I love them to death.
My experience at the Double Tree By Hilton hotel Silver Spring, MD.
Executive Senior Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDApril 11, 2016
I as a Chef working in large kitchens and working with a large number of people. To put out amazing food and customer service really makes my day.
Pros
Ilike making specials on a daily basics
Cons
If it's busy enough I like to work straight threw a rush.
Family Atmosphere
Senior Event Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 8, 2016
The Doubletree is a bustling, busy environment with many long-term employees.
The staff is like family and help one another every day.
Meaningful
Server/Barback (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZApril 3, 2016
Starting as a busser, I was quickly moved to server through appropriate training. I was serving for 2 years and growing each time I worked, learning more and more. After much time serving I realized I needed to start advancing and progressing in this industry however over time I realized that there wasn't any room for that in short time at the Double Tree.
Pros
Fun staff, good people, learned a lot
Cons
No advancement, not many customers daily
Pretty cool hotel to work for
Customer Service and Parking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 31, 2016
I enjoyed my job as a valet attendant at the double tree in Savannah. work/life balance was pretty good and they will alter to your schedule for school purposes without hesitation.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
Pay could be better
Very Fun Place to Work. Met many great people.
Cashier/Server/waitress (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 24, 2016
Very exciting and thrilling place to work. Started off setting up for pour hour. During pour hour you make first impressions on many of the guest which draws them into the restaurant. During dinner we could get a rush which is fun because it keeps you busy and you have an opportunity to make your money. We then close by cleaning, counting up money and restocking for next shift. The hardest part of the job for me was nothing, the job was not very hard. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people from around the world.
Pros
Free lunch, Discounted hotel rooms, great staff
Very productive and flexible workplace.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 23, 2016
The Doubletree Hotel is a great place to work. The mamangers are great and they are very open with scheduling and time off.
productive work enviornment
Head Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Claremont, CAMarch 22, 2016
Great place to work at, very enjoyable, have to be able to multitask, have great initiative skills, bring to the table new menu recipes if possible, enjoy every moment.
I was an Intern
Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2016
This was one tough position. I worked long hours all for no salary. However, it was fun because it was fast paced. I solicited business for the Property via the telephone and by visiting neighboring businesses. I assisted the Director of Sales.
Pros
I learned many things
Cons
No salary
great team players, great customers
Banquet Hostess (Former Employee) –  Linthicum, MDMarch 15, 2016
I really liked the customers. Fun environment. Hardest part of the job was not having the supplies we needed to complete certain functions Job was fun up until last couple of weeks. After that management became unsupportive. Verbal abuse was common, and management didn't want to correct the problem Made a lot of friends concerning co workers..
Pros
Fun place to work, great co workers, hotel stay benefits
Cons
verbal abuse was common, management unsupportive
Great guest
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 13, 2016
You will meet a lot of amazing guest. Has its up and downs, you will learn how to do things on your own. Never a dull day at work.
being able to work with the same team everyday
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 9, 2016
a typical day at work can vary it can be super slow or you can have the busiest day. Sometimes it can be so busy that we will get no breaks.The hardest part of the job would probably be getting the coworkers do their part of their jobs. Management really needs to improve.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
sometimes we get no breaks