Doubletree Hotel

Doubletree Hotel Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Reservation/Group Specialist (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMay 26, 2015
A typical day involved checking people in and out, running reports, checking rooms and running credit cards and making change, posting meals and giftshop items to customers room. I learned how to operate PBX, enter and block rooms for groups andenter rooming lists for groups.
I worked closely with Director of Sales during football season to align high profile people with the desired accommodations.
The managment was very poor.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 26, 2015
I think if there was better managment, it would have been a better workplace. I felt that the way they treated people were very unprofessional for it to be a Hilton Hotel.
Good place to start a hospitality career
Concierge Director (Current Employee), Breckenridge, COMay 25, 2015
Fast paced work environment that makes you learn customer service skills and people skills quickly. Flagship company for hospitality careers. Good benefits for discounted hotel rooms.
Not a good job that cares about their employees
Banquet Chef (Current Employee), tarrytownMay 22, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks and public transportation around there is really bad.
-come in prep for catering events, clean
-how to do things on a time, and how to plate up dishes for a large amount of groups.
-management really does their jobs but sometimes don't consider their employees
-transportation and hardly no hours when business is slow
-working with my co workers, they are the best
"doubletree day in the life"
sous chef (Current Employee), wilmington,deMay 20, 2015
Pros: free parking
Cons: very little to no communication from GM to staff/managers. No direction is given, NO ORDER
come to work get together with my executive chef and go over what we have going on for the day/week. I look at the line and see whats need see if I have to pull anything out of the freezers and get ready for lunch. start to prep banquets if any. start concierge prep.
Great environment with a diverse group of loving teammates
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 19, 2015
I finally went through my first conversion and grand opening. My first property went from a Hilton to now a DoubleTree by Hilton. The transition was long and worth it. Now it is a top competitor in Grand Rapids, MI and guests are excited to finally have a DoubleTree in Greater Grand Rapids, MI area. Best Experience!
Double Tree
housekeeper (Former Employee), Dayton, OhioMay 19, 2015
My typical day at work consist of loading my laundry cart, being told what floor I was going to do that day, then loading my supply cart and starting my floor.
Productive work place
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), San Pedro, CAMay 15, 2015
Pros: good insurance, fair
I enjoyed assisting guest with all inquiries. Very fast work place. I learned a lot about the hospitality industry. Management was helpful. My co-workers were very helpful we shared work load so that no one would be overwhelmed. The hardest part of my job was when I had to day no to a guests request if it was not available. The most enjoyable part of working with so many different type of people.
a typical work day
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Claremont, CAMay 12, 2015
Pros: meals are free.
Cons: short breaks
Pros: everything is a plus

Cons: none that i can think of

I can only say that I had the privilege working for Doubletree Hotel on a Long term contract to hire position. It was my misfortune that the economy took a downturn an my termporary position was not made permanent. I would recommend this place to anyone.
Great place
House Keeping (Current Employee), Jackson, TNMay 10, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Trashed rooms
It's a great place to work. Very nice people, and I enjoy the people. The hardest thing sometimes is when people have parties and the rooms are trashed.
Horrible.
Guest Services (Former Employee), Asheville, NCMay 8, 2015
Pros: Employees
Cons: Mangement
One word covers it all horrible.

The company is very dramatic and lacks care for it's employees. It has a high turn over rate and management lacks discipline and standards. They should heavily consider who the place as management.
Anything goes there
Security Officer/Night Auditor (Former Employee), South Portland, MEMay 7, 2015
Pros: Can do whatever you want
Cons: Management and HR
The management ignores the problems that the supervisors underneath him cause. They is fighting and nothing is done about it. The manager himself will tell one person one thing and someone else something different. There is a lot of talking behind backs. Will allow supervisors to drink on the job at the front desk. To close to HR making HR blind to whatever is going on. Will not listen even though they say they will. Moral is at a low and no one does anything about it. It is losing money and the owner is getting ready to sell, but won't say anything to anybody. Spends 6,000 dollars on a new printer/copier, yet won't spend the money to update the rooms that used to be smoking rooms. The stinch is still in them. Whenever a change occurs, nothing is ever told to the next shift. The transport vans are disgusting. They allow their employees to smoke weed on premise, and will pretend that they didn't know even though they admitted it. HR and the Rooms Manager are too close and don't care about the employees underneath them as long as they cover for each other than their jobs are safe. One of the worst players to ever work at. There Night Supervisor always has an attitude and acts like she is annoyed to do her job. Will bad mouth other employees behind their back and will drink wine on the job and at the front desk.
Busy!
Supervisor (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 4, 2015
As a convention hotel with 448 rooms, there is never a dull moment at work! I learned how to be a leader and to balance the high volume and the high demand with calm, quick decisions. My managers are great, always providing the tools needed to me for growth and support. The most difficult and most enjoyable aspects of my job were to make it right for our customers- that included listening to guest complaints and solving them, or purely creating a wonderful and unexpected stay for them as well.
Great company to work for
LEAD SECURITY AND MAINTENANCE (Former Employee), phoenix ArizonaMay 4, 2015
Double tree is a great hotel to work for and the employees and bosses are very helpful in helping out in teaching you on doing your job currectly and efficiently.
Not A Good Company
Supervisor/Reservations/Auditor (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 3, 2015
I Will Not Work for This Company Anymore. This Company Was Not The Best Company, I Was Very Disappointed. The Management Team At This Hotel Has Been By Far The Worst.
Great Management
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMay 1, 2015
Working under great management helps out a lot. Coworkers were friendly as well. Enjoyed my time here. Free lunches as well
challenging at times.
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYMay 1, 2015
It was a learning experience. Long hours for the management staffs and at times it makes you feel like you dont belong because the union employees tend to get what they want because management staffs had not union representatives.
Great Possibilities and close to Busch Gardens
Engineering Supervisor (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAMay 1, 2015
Hilton offers convenience to area attractions.The Hilton has
several amenities and provides workers with a secure working
and pleasurable environment.
great place to work
Head Server (Former Employee), fayetteville, ncApril 30, 2015
Pros: meal discounts
Cons: healthcare
A typical day at work was dining room. Making sure all tables were set and everything was in order and clean. Prepping salad and soup area. Taking both dining room orders, room service orders and personal banquet orders. Keeping areas clean. Rolling silverware. Helping bartender with orders. Cleaning up hallways after dining room closed, setting dining room up for breakfast server. Rolling next days silverware and setting glasses. vacuuming and clocking out
Great staff and property
Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNApril 29, 2015
Very large hotel and convention space. Needs a little more updating but overall a great place to work. Great job culture as well.

1 2 3 4 5

About Doubletree Hotel

If you're driving on the interstate and are looking for a hotel or a resort, Interstate Hotels & Resorts is your company. The – Read more

Doubletree Hotel Salaries