Doubletree Hotel Employee Reviews

Your peers
Front Office Manager & President (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 7, 2016
Your peers make the atmosphere such a great place. The hotel staff are amazing with guests. Working as the president was great.
Enoyed working here to get me through college
Hospitality and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 6, 2016
It was a pleasure working for Doubletree, gained lasting friendships and were offered great opportunities. I am just relocating.
Pros
free lunches, great people, great discount
Cons
30 minute break, hourly wage low
Useful
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 4, 2016
My day start with setting up line for Breakfast turning on fryers, grills, and salamanders. Making sure I have the product I need to start cooking....I break breakfast down, and start setting up for lunch for the next shift...
Pros
like my hours...
Cons
Wages, benefits, lack of empolyees
Beautiful hotel
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 3, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of cleaning hotels rooms while providing guests with exceptional customer service. The job was a bit fast paced as guests were scheduled to check in the same day others were scheduled to check out so the rooms required to be cleaned thoroughly and punctually. The co-workers worked as a team in ensuring that no one ever felt rushed and everything was done correctly and efficiently. I loved the reaction form the guests when they walk into their rooms and they feel welcomed and they never have to complain about dust or filth.
Average place for valet work
Valet Runner/ Captain (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 2, 2016
The management constantly was going thru changes. Lots of misdirection and managers who usually did not know what they were doing. Very very easy job, could have gone the management route yet there was not enough room for advancement I felt in the location I was at.

Typical day: start time at 530 am, valet cars until about 10 am, take a lunch, valet more from 1030-2 then off work. Very early shift but the tips were better in that shift as opposed to the night shift.
Good idea but not good stability for a career
Director of Front Office (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 26, 2016
The CEO of this company is, for a lack of better terms, selfish. Other than this, my day consisted of putting out fires, signing off on payroll and making sure that the Hilton standards of the hotel were all being met.
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 24, 2016
Working at the Doubletree was very fun, meeting new people. Even though I had hard days with upset guest I handle all situation with respect and grace. Loved my co-workers and management.
Pros
Free food i love to eat
Cons
Not enough pay nor enough hours
Chef
cook food to recipe (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 22, 2016
cook food to recipe
haccap protocal
use proper temp and documentation protocals
order food
oversee line cooks in production
awesome place to work
Part Time, Sundays only (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 20, 2016
helping guests get settled in for their stay at the hotel. Parking their cars, assisting with unloading packages, shuttle guests and flight crews to and from the airport.
Pros
discounts on Hilton properties
Cons
late night hours
Director of Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the day day was to review guest satisfaction SALT scores with the team. Scores were positive and consistent.

Want to know more about Doubletree Hotel?

Ask a question
Front Desk Agent
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 15, 2016
Management does not want ANYONE to move within this company or location. I wanted to try working in different departments, but management would not have it, just because they didn't want me to. There was so many people that had been there for years and they would not promote within, these people knew the ins and outs of the hotel but they insisted on training someone from the outside.
What they got in return was some awesome and hard working people leaving this location.
Pros
Discounted Lunch, Discounted hotels.
Cons
Management, Advancement, job security
ok job
Banquet Server/Shuttle-Van Driver (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 14, 2016
drove passengers to and from airport to hotel,or hotel to airport, help in the banquet hall when there are banqest, serve people at the banquet and set up and clean up after ,liked my co-workers
Slave ship
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 11, 2016
co workers were okay, you had your days. Management would get lunch in the afternoon and wouldn't offer you anything, and you work longer than them which is 8 hour shifts and you had no break.
Cons
no breaks
Comfortable Environment
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJanuary 8, 2016
- I was responsible for the up keep of all housekeeping assignments.
- Ensuring all tasks were completed in a timely manner
- Meeting new people- Housekeeping
Pros
Great team environment
Cons
Rewarding experience to show my love for Hospitality.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Durango, COJanuary 7, 2016
Working that the DoubleTree by Hilton, was the most rewarding experience I ever have been granted. I learned more in the year there than I have any where else in my life. My co-workers and managers were incredibly nice and thoughtful people that made going to work the best part. Loved meeting so many new people and rewarded with the experience in the Hospitality field.
Pros
Benefits, free meals, good people
busy day
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHDecember 29, 2015
the day would be very productive I really enjoyed working there until we got new management I would not recommend anyone working there
felt drained
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 28, 2015
no room for advancement, felt like i was over worked and under compensated, over pressure to get results and they were more focused on salt scores opposed to employers happiness. They would only call me out on the bad and very rarely on the good.
Pros
steady schedule, benefits
Cons
management, pay rate, stress, pressure
Fun environment to work in
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIDecember 22, 2015
I learned how to properly clean hotel rooms and inspect them afterwards. I learned how to work in a business class environment and how to conduct myself as such.
Pros
Very cheap lunches
Cons
2 bad managers
Great hotel chain
Waiter-took guest's (Former Employee) –  Durango, CODecember 22, 2015
room for advancement,started out as a waiter,moved up to bellhop and then valet, i enjoyed working in the hotel industry,would like the opportunity to again.
Pros
discounted hotel stays, travel/transfer oppurtunities
Cons
not enough people to cover shifts
great place to work
Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 14, 2015
I love training new front desk clerks, my job is very easy because I`ve trained my clerks well & we work well together. I`m a great supervisor so I`ve been told, I love working the front desk & dealing with guest on a day to day basis.
Pros
works well with others