Doubletree Hotel

Doubletree Hotel Employee Reviews

fun work place
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CaApril 27, 2015
I had a great time working as an intern. Great people always willing to help you out. The most enjoyable part is that you work independently in your tasks. management is very professional
Disappointing Management
Barista/Restaurant Supervisor (Current Employee), Bend, ORApril 19, 2015
I have worked for DoubleTree for approximately a year and a half and am extremely disappointed in Management. There is an awful lot of favoritism and a lack of appreciation for a job well done. Management tends to be extremely cliquey and spends entirely too much time kissing eachother's butts and not enough time praising the workers that make them look so good. I had high hopes when I started with this company, however, it now seems that even though I have many years of pertinent experience and the skills necessary to move up, I most likely will never have the opportunity because I am not a chosen one.
I enjoyed being Day Banquet Captain
Banquet Server (Former Employee), 100 Madison, Missoula, MTApril 15, 2015
Pros: Good management team, very approachable.
Cons: Cannot think of any
My day began with checking all rooms scheduled to be used for the day to ensure they were set to room specifications, including AV equipment requested to be used. I assigned other employees to tasks and rooms to take care of the guests according to their needs. From the GM to the Human Resource Manager as well as the Banquet Manager we all worked well together to take care of our guests. Days could be challenging when busy trying to take care of requests for each function at the set time. Knowing all of the guests were taken care and they were happy with our service to them was very gratifying every day!
I wish it was a stepping stone instead, it feels like a road block
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 14, 2015
Pros: My bills are paid
Cons: lack of Respect poor management lack of order lack of team work
My job has its ups and downs but more downs then ups which makes it a hard place to be its no room of advancement nor self development. The team work SUCKS and the management of our department doesn't seem to get it right nor can they lead in a positive manner in order to get things complete instead of just "done". Its an extreme lack of appreciation and respect. Its just not a mentally healthy place to work.
Productive and Fun
P.M. HOUSE KEEPING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 7, 2015
Working for Doubletree hotel is a very good place to work
I worked and had fun doing it. I looked forward to going to work every day.
work hours are a little tough
Front Office Agent (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 7, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: hours
Unless you truly need the money, the hours are extremely exhausting... remember hotels never close. Its a franchise the room for growth is slim to none
very professional workplace focused on guests
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Binghamton, NYApril 7, 2015
Pros: free lunch, discount on hotel rooms
Cons: no support from management.
you get free lunch/ dinner from the kitchen. I learned the ins and outs of working the front desk of a hotel. I wasn't a fan of management because I expressed my want to move forward in the company and there was no support in doing so. Members of management also had their favorites and it was obvious. Hardest part of the job was being the center of the hotel so if something was wrong in a different department, the front desk would feel the wrath of angry guests. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people from all over the world traveling for different reasons.
Great staff good place to work
Night Audit (Former Employee), Downtown Cleveland OhioApril 6, 2015
everything was great....I couldve used more resources while working the night audit shift in 2012 but hopefully things are better now
Interesting, never a dull moment
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VAApril 2, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, discount on hotels
Cons: Takes too long to earn vacation time, not alot of advancement
My job as Sales Coordinator is never dull, always something to do, a lot going on. I work with a good team, we look out for each other. Always fun when the sports teams come in and we get to greet them with cookies and welcome them to town. Hardest part of the job is trying to keep up with the fast turn over of the contracts, it can be difficult sometimes to get other projects done. I guess the most enjoyable part of the job would be preparing for an event, pulling it all together and watching everything unfold.
Was a paycheck and that is it!
Banquet Manager (Former Employee), Alsip, ILMarch 30, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: stressful
Brought home a paycheck but not worth the stress. They worked you as much as they could with very little praise. Would not recommend for anybody that has a family.
fun place with great teamworkhad a good
Lead Server in Rodney's Steakhouse (Former Employee), Santa Barbara, CAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: staff meals meeting all kinds of people
Cons: lots of budget issues
Guest from all over the world managers had a open door at all times with a staff of many years of service some language challenges but still a fun place to work
A great palce to work.
Accounting Manager/HR Manager (Former Employee), Durham, NCMarch 29, 2015
I have been here since 1992 and have enjoyed working here and all that I have learned. I was the Director of Human Resources until September 2012 when the accounting position was eliminated and combined with the human resources position.
no comment
Night Manager (Current Employee), New Orleans, LaMarch 22, 2015
I love working for the Doubletree by Hilton New Orleans.
I'm just interested in experiencing other positions outside of the company.
Talking about our old resturant
Server (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 20, 2015
Pros: new resturant
Cons: cutting a lot of labor, not making enough
One day we heard about our restaurant getting remodel.. We were happy about and we talk to our guest about it. They were happy about the new restaurant but little did we know it was great news.. So we knew about getting a new restaurant. It was all over the media but after we knew that was going to be like a restaurant with everything we start laughing. But after being there for 2 years business have been slow and have dead down a lot.
Great Overall
DIRECTOR OF SALES AND MARKETING (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 20, 2015
I truly enjoy working for Hilton Worldwide. Opportunities are abundant and the travel perks are outstanding.
Remember: Knowledge is speaking, wisdom is listening.
COOL PLACE TO WORK
Sous Chef (Former Employee), Kenner, LAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: GOOD FOOD
Cons: SHORT BREAKS
WORKING FOR BLACK TIE WAS VERY FUN YOU NEVER KNOW WERE YOU MIGHT WORK BUT YOU CAN BELEIVE IT IS A BEATIFUL PLACE AND GOOD PEOPLE TO WORK FOR
Beautiful Hotel
Sales & Catering Manager (Former Employee), Alsip, ILMarch 17, 2015
Pros: advancement opportunities
Cons: commute
Very customer focused, willing to invest in their associates, management was always teaching you more in order to promote from within.
fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Southfield, MIMarch 16, 2015
Pros: free lunch good food
Cons: short break
it was a great learning how to work with different people thats from different culture learning how to speak different languages i enjoyed working there at the double tree hotel i wish and want to go and work back at that hotel
not a good place to be
Executive of Rooms (Current Employee), Cary, NCMarch 15, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: none
incompetent GM, the AGM is very aggressive and lack experience, did not enjoy been there at all, low wage and no care about workers, the owners are there, but only care about how the hotel look only.
The job was okay!
Security Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 14, 2015
Pros: i had a hilton discount.
Cons: the management didn't value anyone's opinion!
I wouldn't work for Hilton again! I didn't learn anything I didn't already know. The hotel I worked for did not support any diction you would make to be pro active. The over all experience wasn't as good at all!

About Doubletree Hotel

If you're driving on the interstate and are looking for a hotel or a resort, Interstate Hotels & Resorts is your company. The – Read more

Doubletree Hotel Salaries