Doubletree Hotel Employee Reviews in United States

customer service, front desk agent
Front Desk customer representative (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 24, 2016
Front desk agent- I enjoy meeting and communicating with people as well as assisting guests as much as I can. on typical day I check in and check out guests. I deal with credit card transactions and cash handling on a daily bases. Because, the Doubletree is a airport hotel we have contracts with airline companies; authorizations with the airlines in assisting their employees with booking of the rooms. Very little supervision is required at the front desk. I enjoy my job to the fullest its very rewarding when one can put a smile on a guest face is priceless! :)
Great place to work with dedicated employees and great guest
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJuly 18, 2016
A typical work day is a fun filled work day, with not the same two days the same. I have learned how to lead a very diverse team. My managers have taught me a lot and are a very dedicated bunch of employees who know how to motivate the employees the right way. The hardest part of the job is making sure that every guest is 100% taken care of even when you are not here. The most enjoyable part is being able to lead such a great team that takes care of the guest with a smile every time.
Pros
Free lunch, great work atmosphere
Cons
Vacation time
Very Welcoming group of people
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYMay 5, 2016
For the most part no day is the same. There are daily tasks that have to get done, but the people we welcome daily are all very different. I've learned to be patient with every type of person in the work environment, and outside guests. How to accommodate and cater to every kind type of need.
My favorite part is what I've acquired form the hospitality industry. Personality means everything. You have to be charismatic, understanding, patient, willing to bend over backwards to make a guest feel that his or her stay was a pleasurable one.
The worst part about it is dealing with and seeing favoritism from the managers to other employees.
Pros
team member benefits
productive, face paced, work attire business, more professional than relaxed
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 24, 2016
typical day at work would be to clock in upon arrival check to make sure all paper work was completed, rooms where taken care of that needed to be. make sure that guest arriving on that day had a room assigned to their reservation. check in guest that arrived that day, and check out guest that was departing on that day. take payment of any accounts that have not been paid in full. print and check final reports, deposit any cash that had been taken through out the day. clock out.
Portland Oregon
Accounts Receivable/Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 6, 2016
Followed and adhered to GAAP rules. Daily collection calls and resolving customer discrepancies and complaints. Adjusted invoices, A/R posting, balanced ledger and traced charges and charge back on a daily basis. Managed clients business relationships,. Collaborated with the sales team in bringing in new clients and developing new business opportunities. Recommend changes in the credit policy to senior management
Pros
free meals. good other benefits
Cons
Pay is poor - raises are bare minimum
Meaningful
Server/Barback (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZApril 3, 2016
Starting as a busser, I was quickly moved to server through appropriate training. I was serving for 2 years and growing each time I worked, learning more and more. After much time serving I realized I needed to start advancing and progressing in this industry however over time I realized that there wasn't any room for that in short time at the Double Tree.
Pros
Fun staff, good people, learned a lot
Cons
No advancement, not many customers daily
Excellent Place to work for!
Server, Busser, Barista (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 17, 2016
I love this job but due to other priorites in life I had lost my position and generally moved on communication was highly important management was enjoyable as well as co-workers who made everything fun.. the hardest part at the time was multi-tasking in many different departments at the same time most enjoyable were getting tips and other compensation benefits of doing a swell job. This employer also gave advancements as well as in knowledge about the classy life and how important it was to give guest satisfaction to everyone
Pretty cool hotel to work for
Customer Service and Parking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 31, 2016
I enjoyed my job as a valet attendant at the double tree in Savannah. work/life balance was pretty good and they will alter to your schedule for school purposes without hesitation.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
Pay could be better
Doubletree by Hilton
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMay 12, 2016
To perform in a pleasant, professional and efficient manner, a combination of duties mainly related, but not limited, to check-in and check-out of guests which contributes to an overall positive experience. Answer inquires pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests and shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions. Accounts for all cash and make deposits in accordance with hotel and company policies. Communicate effectively with other front office and hotel departments
Advancement
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJune 28, 2016
Working in the accounting office activities that consisted of Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable, Payroll, General Cashier. I started out as an Income Auditor and eventually moved into the Payroll position. Management and co-workers were great. Everyone helps each other out. The hardest part of the job was working with upset customers. The best part of the job was learning new things and working in the office.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Upset customers
Great place to work, has a very fun atmosphere
Bellman (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 24, 2015
The DoubleTree has a very home feel, they make you feel welcome when you first walk in the door. I learned so much more about who I am and what it is t work in customer service. I would say there is not a lot of room for moving up the latter if you are just at the bottom its hard to be recognized, however that is expected in large companies.
Pros
One Free hot meal a day, free parking passes in downtown, great benifits.
Cons
not very equal in all departments.
A lot of work, interacting with people, great work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMarch 2, 2016
The job consist of stocking carts, making beds, cleaning bathroom areas, and stocking condiments where needed. I learned how to make a bed neatly and fast. I had two of the best managers you could ask for. I loved working with all of my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is trying to clean all of your rooms and get them ready for the guest. The thing I enjoyed most about the job was interacting with the guest and making sure they have what they need. I would recommend anyone to work for this company they are a great group of people and I really enjoyed working with them and the company.
Pros
being able to order lunch from the menu at the hotel
Cons
Only lunch breaks, no health coverage
Very Fun Place to Work. Met many great people.
Cashier/Server/waitress (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 24, 2016
Very exciting and thrilling place to work. Started off setting up for pour hour. During pour hour you make first impressions on many of the guest which draws them into the restaurant. During dinner we could get a rush which is fun because it keeps you busy and you have an opportunity to make your money. We then close by cleaning, counting up money and restocking for next shift. The hardest part of the job for me was nothing, the job was not very hard. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people from around the world.
Pros
Free lunch, Discounted hotel rooms, great staff
Productive, Big Place
Line cook AM (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 19, 2016
Good equipment, Management is good. Assistant management not so much. Co-workers unbelievably unprofessional. Higher pay co workers have a snobbish attitude towards everyone except customers or managers. Hardest part of the job is memorizing the menu because it is quite large. The most enjoyable part of work is how stable it is. You will learn team work and patience here. They have a lot of rules sort of like school. (exits, entrance, parking).
Pros
pay
Cons
no free lunch 4$ a meal.
Terrible place to work and would recommend to no one.
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 23, 2016
The management of this company is not organized at all. They play favorites and will take their word no matter what the actual situation is. They are quick to fire very hard workers. But love to keep people that have stolen from the company. Everything a company should do, this company does the opposite.
Pros
Most of the employees are amazing people
Cons
Intense work place politics and bullying
Fun work place needed a better opportunity for me
Expo (Former Employee) –  Charleston scSeptember 28, 2015
Needed a better opportunity with better pay and benefits. It was an okay just the pay suck and unprofessional managers.
Becoming a Double Tree Hotel
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 16, 2016
A typical day at work is just fine with me. I learned at work all I can so I will now how to complete my task. I will do everything the management asked me to do. I always will work with my co-worker at all times. It is never hard part of a job. The most enjoyable part of the job is to learned all you can.
Pros
Meeting new employees
Cons
Healthcare
being able to work with the same team everyday
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 9, 2016
a typical day at work can vary it can be super slow or you can have the busiest day. Sometimes it can be so busy that we will get no breaks.The hardest part of the job would probably be getting the coworkers do their part of their jobs. Management really needs to improve.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
sometimes we get no breaks
Doubletree in Downers Grove, IL. NOT GOOD!
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILApril 14, 2016
Poor management, terrible human resource person and a work environment equal to what one could only describe as S**T! To be honest the only reason to work there is insurance. This is a union hotel and your provided, because of the union, very good benefits. Other than what I just said, AVOID this poorly run, terrible Doubletree!
Pros
Free lunch, Union Insurance.
Cons
Everything except what is listed above!!!!
They have no heart
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHAugust 8, 2016
I love to clean no matter what hotel I work at and I give it all I got but when it comes to the people that are high up for example the GM not going above and beyond or even listening to a guest problems they don't need to be working around people.
Pros
Cons
Everything about that one in miamisburg ohio

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Doubletree Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.