Doubletree Hotel Employee Reviews

Well paced company that involves making critical decisions for our well being to keep our company maintained.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2016
I had learned a lot on how to control your authority when handling a business decision for the company. Also it was rough and stressful days, but i had stayed strong consistently without giving up and i had kept that mentality ever since i started working in this company.
Pros
Free food, Vacations
Cons
Health benefits
Great recognized brand hotel
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAFebruary 18, 2016
I have gained so much knowledge in my hospitality field.
The most enjoyable part of my everyday work day is making sure all guest received the best costumer service.
Okay work for pay
BANQUET SERVER & BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILFebruary 18, 2016
Definitely underlining factors and politics that are relevant from even entry level jobs. Easy work for pay, but do not expect job advancement. High turnover rate with bias management. If you need a quick job that's easy, go for it. Definitely not a long term placement. Only make tips as bartender.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No server tips, young peer mentality, single moms with babies
Great Place to start work in hospitality.
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLFebruary 17, 2016
I have learned a lot from working at Doubletree as a front desk Supervisor. I have learned to have patience and learned to deal with high amounts of stress. Hospitality will always have its up and downs because it is dealing with people so much. I enjoyed working with my team and tackling issues together but I believe the management had very expectations of what the scores needed to be at and it was frustrating to try to achieve that level while more work is added and less support is given. Over all not the easiest job but it depends on where the hotel is located and how the hotel is managed.
Pros
Free lunches. Flexible schedules. Hilton Perks with Team Member Travel.
Cons
Low pay for high stress as times. Work Holidays and Weekends since Business never closes.
overall not a bad place to work
Bartender, Server and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 15, 2016
The management at Doubletree was very poor. I thoroughly enjoyed my job for the most part. I had wonderful coworkers to work with and wonderful guests that helped make my time at Doubletree enjoyable.
Pros
I made a lot of tips
Cons
manegement was horrible. There was a lot of micromanaging
Your peers
Front Office Manager & President (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 7, 2016
Your peers make the atmosphere such a great place. The hotel staff are amazing with guests. Working as the president was great.
Enoyed working here to get me through college
Hospitality and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 6, 2016
It was a pleasure working for Doubletree, gained lasting friendships and were offered great opportunities. I am just relocating.
Pros
free lunches, great people, great discount
Cons
30 minute break, hourly wage low
Useful
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 4, 2016
My day start with setting up line for Breakfast turning on fryers, grills, and salamanders. Making sure I have the product I need to start cooking....I break breakfast down, and start setting up for lunch for the next shift...
Pros
like my hours...
Cons
Wages, benefits, lack of empolyees
Beautiful hotel
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 3, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of cleaning hotels rooms while providing guests with exceptional customer service. The job was a bit fast paced as guests were scheduled to check in the same day others were scheduled to check out so the rooms required to be cleaned thoroughly and punctually. The co-workers worked as a team in ensuring that no one ever felt rushed and everything was done correctly and efficiently. I loved the reaction form the guests when they walk into their rooms and they feel welcomed and they never have to complain about dust or filth.
Average place for valet work
Valet Runner/ Captain (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 2, 2016
The management constantly was going thru changes. Lots of misdirection and managers who usually did not know what they were doing. Very very easy job, could have gone the management route yet there was not enough room for advancement I felt in the location I was at.

Typical day: start time at 530 am, valet cars until about 10 am, take a lunch, valet more from 1030-2 then off work. Very early shift but the tips were better in that shift as opposed to the night shift.
Good idea but not good stability for a career
Director of Front Office (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 26, 2016
The CEO of this company is, for a lack of better terms, selfish. Other than this, my day consisted of putting out fires, signing off on payroll and making sure that the Hilton standards of the hotel were all being met.
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 24, 2016
Working at the Doubletree was very fun, meeting new people. Even though I had hard days with upset guest I handle all situation with respect and grace. Loved my co-workers and management.
Pros
Free food i love to eat
Cons
Not enough pay nor enough hours
Chef
cook food to recipe (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 22, 2016
cook food to recipe
haccap protocal
use proper temp and documentation protocals
order food
oversee line cooks in production
awesome place to work
Part Time, Sundays only (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 20, 2016
helping guests get settled in for their stay at the hotel. Parking their cars, assisting with unloading packages, shuttle guests and flight crews to and from the airport.
Pros
discounts on Hilton properties
Cons
late night hours
Director of Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the day day was to review guest satisfaction SALT scores with the team. Scores were positive and consistent.
Front Desk Agent
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 15, 2016
Management does not want ANYONE to move within this company or location. I wanted to try working in different departments, but management would not have it, just because they didn't want me to. There was so many people that had been there for years and they would not promote within, these people knew the ins and outs of the hotel but they insisted on training someone from the outside.
What they got in return was some awesome and hard working people leaving this location.
Pros
Discounted Lunch, Discounted hotels.
Cons
Management, Advancement, job security
ok job
Banquet Server/Shuttle-Van Driver (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 14, 2016
drove passengers to and from airport to hotel,or hotel to airport, help in the banquet hall when there are banqest, serve people at the banquet and set up and clean up after ,liked my co-workers
Slave ship
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 11, 2016
co workers were okay, you had your days. Management would get lunch in the afternoon and wouldn't offer you anything, and you work longer than them which is 8 hour shifts and you had no break.
Cons
no breaks
Comfortable Environment
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJanuary 8, 2016
- I was responsible for the up keep of all housekeeping assignments.
- Ensuring all tasks were completed in a timely manner
- Meeting new people- Housekeeping
Pros
Great team environment
Cons
Rewarding experience to show my love for Hospitality.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Durango, COJanuary 7, 2016
Working that the DoubleTree by Hilton, was the most rewarding experience I ever have been granted. I learned more in the year there than I have any where else in my life. My co-workers and managers were incredibly nice and thoughtful people that made going to work the best part. Loved meeting so many new people and rewarded with the experience in the Hospitality field.
Pros
Benefits, free meals, good people