Douglas County School District Employee Reviews in United States

Great to work where my kids went to school
Health Assistant and Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COFebruary 26, 2016
A typical day as a health assistant/support staff member was maintaining immunization records, administering medications, taking attendance, making school announcement, answering phones and making sure student medications/prescriptions were filled and up to date.

I learned that you have to be patient and understanding with students. Ninety percent of them are a breeze, but the others made our days very interesting.

Management/Administrators were great people and very easy to work with.

The hardest part of my job was adapting to the rash of school threats and schools nationwide had to implement safety regulations.

The most enjoyable part of my job occurred around the month of March and through May when the kids were preparing for Prom and Graduation. The air was thick with excitement and the kids were happy to share with us their plans.

My co-workers were amazing and I maintained friendships with some of them to this day.
Pros
My co-workers and Prom/Graduation plans
Cons
Safety measures and precautions
A goal oriented workplace geared to the success of the students.
Custodian Group Leader/Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COFebruary 24, 2016
Productive and team oriented workplace in which customer service comes first.
The most enjoyable part of this job is to make a safe and inspiring environment for the students to be able to excel in their studies.
very clean innvironment
douglas co.school food service assiant (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GANovember 11, 2015
it was a very strict environment .and safe place to work. a lot of cleaning .. and cooking and special events. catering to sudent and adult nutrition needs.
Pros
insurance
Cons
long hr.
Part-time substitute
K-Adult Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Minden, NVNovember 1, 2015
Substitute taught all grade levels throughout the district. I enjoyed working with the students and being able to assist the teachers in their time of need.
Good place to work as kitchen asst.
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COSeptember 9, 2015
Ive worked for DCSD for 7 years. Three of the years as a sub.
Worked at 22 different schools. I enjoyed that. I have afforded being out on cashiering but my manager encouraged me to do it and been on cashiering for a month on middle and high school side.
I now enjoy doing that. For 5 years I have worked on elementary steam table,, serving kids. I also enjoy that as love little kids.
I am a great team player and work well with most of co worker.
Few are hard to work with.
The hardest part of the job is if things are not organized or short on staffs.
I most enjoyed being on steam table on elementary side,, serving little kids.
Pros
Good place to work.
Cons
Long drive from home.
Very rewarding job working with youth and watching them grow through challenges and rewards
Powerschool Secretary - Douglas High School (Former Employee) –  Minden, NVAugust 21, 2015
This was a very rewarding job. Being able to watch a freshman grow through to their senior year and then attend graduation with all the challenges along the way. Being able to provide support to them and their families so that they could get the best high school experience and memories.
The staff at Douglas High as wonderful. Great teamwork.
The administration was very supportive and also let me work independently. They always supported my need to stay very busy.
I would work here again if I lived in the area.
Pros
Excellent school district
Cons
Cafateria food
Excellent part time job
Certified Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAAugust 3, 2015
Working at the Douglas County School System was great. As a substitute teacher we were trained well and were ready for work when called upon. Great work experience and flexible schedule.
best place (at the time) to work for me.
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COJuly 27, 2015
Good training teachers, patient, they want you to succeed, and even pay you if there isn't any work while you on the clock.
Pros
good staff
Cons
gotta punch out for lunch but can't leave because time it takes to get a lunch
Revolving Door!
School Psychologist (Former Employee) –  Multiple schoolsJuly 25, 2015
Horribly managed Special Education Department. Totally out of compliance. Insincere, gossiping staff. They suck you in and spit you out! Why do you think there are always so many jobs available? Do NOT work for this District! I did, and it was the biggest mistake of my career. They are unsupportive, unprofessional, bible thumping, judgmental, hillbillies who are hiding behind jobs that many of them are not even qualified for. No one with a brain lasts there. They are fake nice to the agencies in order to convince them to keep sending people through their revolving doors. It's a black hole! Don't waste your time!
Pros
Cons
Disorganized, unprofessional, unsupportive administration
Great HR department working to better education for our children.
SR HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COJuly 15, 2015
DCSD has been brave enough to shake up education in a way that benefits children and ensures that we have top talent teaching our children.
Pros
Passion for education, talented HR department, great teachers
Cons
challenging times with making changes in education that are not easily accepted by some

Want to know more about Douglas County School District?

Ask a question
Fulfilling work
Educational Assistant & Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parker, COJuly 13, 2015
Enjoyed working with kids and helping them grow as learners. Dynamic group of educators with passion for education. I walked away fulfilled.
one star
Early Childhood Education (Current Employee) –  Highlands RanchJune 8, 2015
it's sad to see where the district is headed and the lack of respect that the superintendent, school board and other administrators have for teachers.
Used to be a great place to work.
Teacher, Drama, Ranch View Middle School (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COMay 12, 2015
I started working in DCSD in September of 2000. I loved my school and everything about my job. Unfortunately, the environment has become overly politicized with students and teachers used as pawns. I can no longer work in an environment that is this caustic.
Good place to work, fun environment
Print Technician (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COJanuary 28, 2015
Opened and closed print shop daily. Was responsible for getting jobs printed that were submitted from the schools and other departments. Organized and prioritized jobs to be printed each day. I was the Lead Printer and did not have an 'on site' supervisor and I only had a part-time co-worker that I worked with.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the volume of work to be done at the end of the school year ti prepare for the beginning of the next school year.

The most enjoyable part of the job was feeling a sense of accomplishment when the jobs were completed.
Pros
comfortable environment
Cons
high volume, pressure to meet deadlines
Ssprd
Director (Current Employee) –  Castle Rock, COJanuary 21, 2015
It has been a long time since I have worked their and I remember the pay was not so great. However, benefits were better than one would have expected. People were nice to work with.wdffhwoiefgpewuifg
Loved working with the kids and my driver
T.E.A (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COJanuary 9, 2015
I loved working for Douglas County's special needs transportation! It was very fulfilling and I got to work with the most wonderful kids and driver. The trainer's were very informational, But unfortunately I was let go due to an unforeseen medical absence.
This was a great place to work, challenging and diverse and a great environment to work in.
EA IV Special Needs Aide (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COJanuary 7, 2015
I worked with special needs students helping them achieve their academic and behavioral goals. I worked with teacher, students and parents to help them achieve these goals. I learned how to work as a team to achieve these goals, learned great communication skills and problem solving abilities. I had great co workers and enjoyed seeing the students grow throughout the year. The hardest part of the job was dealing with disrespectful students and adults, but also made the job challenging and rewarding.
Pros
great hours and benefits
Cons
only paid for certain days out of the year, not full time.
Fast paced & Forward thinking for a public school district
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Castle Rock, CODecember 3, 2014
Typical 8-5 job with great facilities and technologies for a public sector job

Co-workers are hard working and very competent

Great to see your influence on the next generation

Workloads tend to be high

Management changes have been very frequent

Understanding of those with children and families
Pros
current technologies in a public sector job
Cons
politically driven atmosphere
This is a dynamic workplace with plenty of opportunity to engage in technology.
Manager - Software Development (Current Employee) –  Castle Rock, CODecember 3, 2014
This is a dynamic workplace with plenty of opportunity to engage in technology. The challenges reveal themselves in many forms: budget challenges, outdated technology, 80+ sites, 67,000 kids, 7000+ staff. Communication, logistics, leadership, politics and day-to-day operations makes this both enjoyable and frustrating depending on the day!
Downhill
Secretary to the Assistant Principal (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COOctober 20, 2014
The current Board of Education has destroyed the culture of DCSD. There are still wonderful teachers there, just very unappreciative and political central administrators.