Douglas County School District Employee Reviews

Former employee
former employee (Former Employee) –  CVHSApril 26, 2017
Castle View High School - Between the arrogant principle,the egotistical athletic director and their two faced head secretary they are the "total power". No one else matters.
They need to be replaced for a more respectful atmosphere.
Check the stats on how many teachers and staff leave each year.
Pros
Great students
Cons
management
Impossible to work here
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Charter SchoolApril 4, 2017
It's like the twilight zone. The admin is not supportive, parents are punitive and litigious and more than 25% of students are considered in need of special education services, although it is clearly a push by parents to get an A. If you like being threatened with frivolous lawsuits on a regular basis, this may be the teaching job for you! Just be prepared to negotiate a salary, as the standard is very low. Also, be prepared for unrealistic expectations of your time and sanity.
Pros
working with kids!
Cons
working with litigious, pretentious parents
Highly Motivating Itinerant Teacher Position
Itinerant teacher for deaf and hard of hearing (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COMarch 7, 2017
There was always lots of variety in each day teaching deaf and hard of hearing, (DHH), students from kindergarten to high school. It was interesting and challenging to work with classroom teachers and staff and audiologists to support DHH student access in general education. This job required a huge amount of creativity and flexibility for each day. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with paperwork and data while constantly being on the go, working in multiple schools and out of my car. I thoroughly enjoyed working in multiple schools, with various teachers and the Douglas County management/support staff.
Pros
Continually challenging pace
Cons
It was hard to keep up with school information and training in a collaborative way.
Busy fast place fun environment
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COFebruary 19, 2017
I feel that Douglas county school district is a great place to work. Very flexible with room for growth. There are a lot of fields available to work in. You get a lot of days off with holiday breaks and snow days. Depending on the position you get paid for the time off.
Pros
Free lunches and flexibility
Cons
No breaks and low pay
Helping high school students
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Parker, COJanuary 31, 2017
I help high school students in classes to do their best if they need extra help in their high school careers. I have learned that a lot of help is needed in the school
My Review was awesome and fun i love working with happy people
Coustodian worker (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 8, 2016
Im hoping I get a great job that will help me move on I have a family that I have to take care of new jobs new living outstanding work places happy people
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Great schools to sub for
Elementry Substitute School Teacher (Current Employee) –  Parker, CONovember 15, 2016
I have subbed in some great schools in the parker area and found ones the teachers work well with me and understand my situation as far as my disability.
Pros
helpful teachers good pay
Cons
not easy to get on in the school district
Good place to work, not a lot of opportunity for growth and development
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Castle Rock, COOctober 20, 2016
Nice place to work, there just is not a lot of opportunity for growth and development. Also understaffed, so there is a lot of work that needs to be done.
Pros
Gain a lot of technical experience
Cons
Long hours, not a lot of money.
Great Team, lousy administration
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COAugust 10, 2016
I love my team. We all get along wonderfully. My supervisor is down-to-earth and easy to get along with.

I have several issues with DCSD:

1. The pay is very low. The district is cheap and tight.

2. Although full time employees receive full benefits (and I am thankful to have health insurance at all), the prescription coverage may as well not even be there. I shell out a lot of money for my scripts.

3. It is impossible to move around within the district. Good luck with that.

4. Dress code? What dress code? I am told they have one but I do not see it being enforced.

5. We are not to be given ANY 4's on our performance reviews even when it is clear we have met the criteria. Rubric is 1-4, 4 being the highest. Directors have said that no one can possibly earn a 4.
Pros
Wonderful team, wonderful manager
Cons
See complete review
great benefits
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJuly 28, 2016
Learned good management skills. The schedule worked for my girls school schedule. Great support from upper management. Work Consist of meal planning, ordering food and drinks for students, cooking and serving meals.
A very high paced environment which allowed me to interact with the students
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COMarch 25, 2016
I very much enjoyed this job. It was fast paced and required attention to details. This was an interim job as I worked to complete my medical transcription course.
Pros
school environment, fast pace
Cons
no work days when school is out
Great to work where my kids went to school
Health Assistant and Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COFebruary 26, 2016
A typical day as a health assistant/support staff member was maintaining immunization records, administering medications, taking attendance, making school announcement, answering phones and making sure student medications/prescriptions were filled and up to date.

I learned that you have to be patient and understanding with students. Ninety percent of them are a breeze, but the others made our days very interesting.

Management/Administrators were great people and very easy to work with.

The hardest part of my job was adapting to the rash of school threats and schools nationwide had to implement safety regulations.

The most enjoyable part of my job occurred around the month of March and through May when the kids were preparing for Prom and Graduation. The air was thick with excitement and the kids were happy to share with us their plans.

My co-workers were amazing and I maintained friendships with some of them to this day.
Pros
My co-workers and Prom/Graduation plans
Cons
Safety measures and precautions
A goal oriented workplace geared to the success of the students.
Custodian Group Leader/Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COFebruary 24, 2016
Productive and team oriented workplace in which customer service comes first.
The most enjoyable part of this job is to make a safe and inspiring environment for the students to be able to excel in their studies.
very clean innvironment
douglas co.school food service assiant (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GANovember 11, 2015
it was a very strict environment .and safe place to work. a lot of cleaning .. and cooking and special events. catering to sudent and adult nutrition needs.
Pros
insurance
Cons
long hr.
Part-time substitute
K-Adult Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Minden, NVNovember 1, 2015
Substitute taught all grade levels throughout the district. I enjoyed working with the students and being able to assist the teachers in their time of need.
Good place to work as kitchen asst.
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COSeptember 9, 2015
Ive worked for DCSD for 7 years. Three of the years as a sub.
Worked at 22 different schools. I enjoyed that. I have afforded being out on cashiering but my manager encouraged me to do it and been on cashiering for a month on middle and high school side.
I now enjoy doing that. For 5 years I have worked on elementary steam table,, serving kids. I also enjoy that as love little kids.
I am a great team player and work well with most of co worker.
Few are hard to work with.
The hardest part of the job is if things are not organized or short on staffs.
I most enjoyed being on steam table on elementary side,, serving little kids.
Pros
Good place to work.
Cons
Long drive from home.
Very rewarding job working with youth and watching them grow through challenges and rewards
Powerschool Secretary - Douglas High School (Former Employee) –  Minden, NVAugust 21, 2015
This was a very rewarding job. Being able to watch a freshman grow through to their senior year and then attend graduation with all the challenges along the way. Being able to provide support to them and their families so that they could get the best high school experience and memories.
The staff at Douglas High as wonderful. Great teamwork.
The administration was very supportive and also let me work independently. They always supported my need to stay very busy.
I would work here again if I lived in the area.
Pros
Excellent school district
Cons
Cafateria food
Excellent part time job
Certified Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAAugust 3, 2015
Working at the Douglas County School System was great. As a substitute teacher we were trained well and were ready for work when called upon. Great work experience and flexible schedule.
best place (at the time) to work for me.
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COJuly 27, 2015
Good training teachers, patient, they want you to succeed, and even pay you if there isn't any work while you on the clock.
Pros
good staff
Cons
gotta punch out for lunch but can't leave because time it takes to get a lunch
Revolving Door!
School Psychologist (Former Employee) –  Multiple schoolsJuly 25, 2015
Horribly managed Special Education Department. Totally out of compliance. Insincere, gossiping staff. They suck you in and spit you out! Why do you think there are always so many jobs available? Do NOT work for this District! I did, and it was the biggest mistake of my career. They are unsupportive, unprofessional, bible thumping, judgmental, hillbillies who are hiding behind jobs that many of them are not even qualified for. No one with a brain lasts there. They are fake nice to the agencies in order to convince them to keep sending people through their revolving doors. It's a black hole! Don't waste your time!
Pros
Cons
Disorganized, unprofessional, unsupportive administration

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Douglas County School District. Our community is ready to answer.

Douglas County School District Reviews by Location