DOUGLAS ELLIMAN PROPERTY MANAGEMENT Employee Reviews

Ambiente laboral no agradable
PorterPorter/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2017
Mejor trato a los empleándose para poder hacer un mejor trabajo
Pros
Buen seguro de salud
Cons
No descansos para tomar agua
Terrible Management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodside, NYSeptember 18, 2017
While the job itself was extremely easy, the work environment was terrible. They do not know how to manage the company at all. You are constantly being criticized for how many times you get up, even if it is just to use the restroom. The office manager never did any work and was constantly being unprofessional not only to the residents but to the other employees.
My time with Douglas Elliman PM
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, New YorkAugust 16, 2017
I enjoyed my time there, but since they down-sized my position, I am forced to look for a similar position.
An office manager's job is multi-faceted and diverse. It can include customer service, invoicing, accounts receivables, collections and general office work. In 27 years I learned a lot about the running of a big residential building. The diverse nature of the work force made it an interesting place to work.
Terrific atmosphere.
Resident manager (Current Employee) –  10 west end avenueJune 19, 2017
While I do not work directly for Douglas Elliman. I can say that my experience while working beside them to help manage 10 west end avenue condominium has been excellent.
Not a bad place to work
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  675 Third AvenueMay 3, 2017
Working at Douglas Elliman is easy. The pay is decent, below market average I believe. It's quite literally a 9-5; office clears out by 5:15 for the most part. The people here, at least most of them, are really nice.
Work schedule difficult days and nights no vacation or medical
Full -time Door man and maintenance worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10017April 10, 2017
Work as a maintenance worker/doorman. Cleaned building,ddi building repairs and disposed of garbage; and also worked as doorman on days doorman was off.

Office management was good, but building manager (super) was difficult to work with.

I worked shifts on my own and only inter-faced with co-workers at start and ending shifts.

The hardest part was the work schedule, I was required to work a day shift and the next a night shift. These shifts impacted with my daily life routine. I would have preferred a standard day or night shift, not a mixed shift.

Management does not provide medical benefits, holiday and vacation days pay. Super did not provide safety equipment when doing maintenance work.
Pros
Hourly wage $22. per hr
Cons
Work schedule split shift no medical, vacstion or holiday pay
Productive workplace
Handyman (Former Employee) –  520 east 86 streetMarch 20, 2017
Great overall experience.
Excellent work place.
Very clean and neat. Anyone would love to work there, fantastic environment to work in.
Would definitely recommend.
Great relations between management and employee.
Doorman / Concierge / Elevator Operator / Porter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2017
work relation is a key point to make ends meet. Honesty is a must at work place in order to earn the trust of the shareholders you represent. punctuality is another important asset needed. All of the above are current and strong between both parties
Always helpful and good to learn
Handyman (Former Employee) –  53 north MooreJanuary 9, 2017
Very big company I've learned a lot as handyman
Good to give you experience on super job working with nice people always helpful when you need them
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Amazing staff with great work atmosphere
Temporary Doorman/Porter (Former Employee) –  33 E70th street and 33 E71 street New York,NYJune 23, 2016
The job was a simple job and not one person who I worked with ever came in with a frown on their faces. On a daily basis I was able to interact with successful people from all walks of life and help them in any way I could, whether it was something as small as opening the door and greeting them or taking up their groceries. The work day was a standard work day and lunch was taken in shifts so that the building was constantly working like a well oiled machine. I learned the ins amd outs of what it takes to maintain a large building with over 60 apartments as well as how to interact with people in all sorts of situations. I would have loved to stay employed with the company, however the staff was already at capacity and had no place for me.
Excellent company to work for
Superitendent / Management (Former Employee) –  1325 & 1330 5th ave new york New yorkApril 5, 2016
Positive challenging workplace you learn to be very self-motivated and creative because is a fast paced enviroment that amke you think on your feet Co-worker are professional Management is great Maintenance and management have a great relationship work staff as a whole is great we all worked with each other Hardest part of the job is trying to deal with residents not knowing what type of mood their in most enjoyable part is seeing a smile on a resident face when they can depend on us to get the job done would love to go back to this company the property I was working was sold
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
there wasnt anything bad about the superintendent / Management
A day at Douglas Elliman
Clerk (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2016
Typically, I do handle a lot of secretarial work such as filing, sorting out mail for proper Accounts Receivable worker, boxing and discarding old documents.
Pros
Summer fridays. Employees clock out at 4pm instead of 5pm.
Cons
Not enough recognition to their workers. Somewhat disorganized offices and managers.
Professional environment
Porter (Former Employee) –  675 Third Ave, NY NY 10017November 6, 2015
Covered vacation position for permanent employees. Greeted all shareholders and guests that entered and exited the building, assisted with luggage, arranged transportation for shareholders. Delivered packages and messages, Maintain the appearance of the lobby and front desk area. Removed and disposed of solid waste and sidewalk litter. Provided a clean and safe environment for all of the building residents Performed general maintenance duties
Productive and team environment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 2, 2015
Team Environment
People are always willing to help each other
Good Leadership
Manager in charge was very kind and understanding
the brokers were very kind
Pros
Manager was a great leader
Cons
there wasn't much of potential growth or compensation
Excellent Company
Porter/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 1, 2015
Excellent company to work for. Great opportunity for someone just starting out. Management very good. Schedules are always adjustable if necessary.
Pros
schedules adjustable when needed
Cons
transportation issue with metro north
If you are ambitious, look elsewhere!
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 5, 2014
There was no opportunity for growth and no raises at all. They prefer to hire outside rather than from within. It was also very disturbing to me that there were no black or hispanic executives.
I will say that it was a pleasant working environment and if you are complacent, yet hardworking, this may be great for you.
Pros
Flexible, they don't micromanage, great learning experience, very nice people
Cons
no raises, lackluster 401k, no opportunity for advancement
Maintaining a productive workplace
Chief Mechanic (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2014
Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance needs of this 350+ luxury unit co-operative building. Focus of maintenance and staff to provide best customer service to shareholders.

I have learned that it is essential to maintain high productivity in the workplace. By becoming more efficient, an organization may be able to improve the production process.
Co-workers in the company must know "what's in it for them".
Mission statement and goals of the company are for everyone in the organization.
The hardest part of the job is to keep positive morale at workplace.
Most enjoyable part of the job is to achieve a success when nobody count on it.
Pros
healtcare, vacation
Productive and I learned a lot on this company
Payroll Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2014
what i loved on this company is i learned a lot from accounts payable to payroll representative, they will help you to improve your self and learn new things.
Pros
summer hours, alternate friday off during summer
Cons
healthcare
worst place ever
Porter (Former Employee) –  2 river terraceFebruary 4, 2014
to many chiefs.they step on whoever to get a head and mangament dont care about the staff
full of a bunch of gossipy woman
Main Switchboard Operator/Relief Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2014
this company really sucks there is nothing there but a bunch of gossipy woman.
Pros
nothing at all
Cons
everything sucks