Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor or Director of Maintenance
Wage: $13.00 to $16.00
Purpose of Position:
Under immediate supervision, perform general maintenance work, and/or a variety of other routine building and structural maintenance to meet building codes, Dept of Health and OSHA standards for safety and health.
Essential Duties and Competencies
The following duties are routine for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Collect/dispose of trash and litter and empty trash receptacles.
- Clean, service and check fluids and batteries of vehicles and small gas engines.
- Maintain sidewalks, driveways, and other concrete surfaces (snow shoveling and removal).
- Maintain foliage, grass, shrubs, etc. and adjust sprinkler heads as needed.
- Maintain interior structure; walls, floors, windows, ceilings, light fixtures and lights, vents, etc.
- Maintain exterior structure; fences, ledges, hinges, etc.
- Order, deliver, receive and inventory equipment and supplies both to facility and to other county locations.
- Inspect, assemble, deliver office furniture and maintain storage areas for surplus.
- Assist tradesperson or contractor in locating equipment and/or setting it up.
- May assist with office moves.
Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC)
- Remove/replace/clean filters and other duties as assigned
Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance
- Maintain underground sprinklers.
- Perform minor tune-up and lubrication of small gas engines.
- May repair lamps and lighting fixtures.
Building Structural Maintenance
- Replace wall and floor tiles (ceramic, plastic). Maintain painted surfaces
- Maintain suspended acoustical ceiling system.
- Install ready-made cabinets and counters.
- Mount and frame pictures, certificates, etc.
Education and Experience:
Two years of general mechanical and facilities maintenance experience.
Licensing and Certificates:
Valid Minnesota class B or D driver’s license may be required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to: follow oral and written instructions, individually and given in series; work as a team member; act without supervision when necessary; work in extremely cold temperatures; read and work from shop drawings and sketches; lift up to 50 pounds.
Skill in: the use of manual hand tools, manual power tools and shop power tools.
18 years of age or older
Ability to pass a Minnesota DHS background study to work with vulnerable youth and adults
Clean driving record
A minimum of two years freedom from chemical abuse problems
CPR and first aid certified.