Douglas Employee Reviews

Great job for the independent worker
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNJune 17, 2016
The job was challenging do to the language barrier that existed. But with help from other workers and gestures to my coworkers was able to make communication work. Learned a lot from the head maintenance tech. Especially on the ins and outs of how robotics work. Most of the people that I worked were some of the best people to work with.
Pros
family based company
Cons
could pay the employees more
high turnover
delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARJanuary 6, 2016
Great supervisor. Growing company. Work long hours and compensation is ok. benefits are great. high turnover. off most weekends and holidays.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
long hours work/life balance.
Fabulous and extremely intelligent people to work with - great learning environment
Paralegal/Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bolivar, MOSeptember 24, 2012
Occasionally extremely stressful due to nature of the work done. Gained a wealth of work experience and feel that I am much better equipped to perform a number of jobs based on the experience I gained from this employment. Management could have been a bit more in touch and understanding regarding the stress levels and job duties, however, co-workers were often the saving grace of employment. Some of the most highly intelligent and highly capable people I have ever known.
Pros
intelligent and highly competent co-workers - fun to work with in a stressful environment
Cons
extremely high stress levels at time
Customer Service
Subrogation and Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 26, 2014
As a Subrogation and Customer Service Specialist I work directly with the insurance companies to ensure the claims are entered in a timely and correct manner. I adjust the balances on all the files as recoveries are taken or as balances are increased due to open reserves. I research claims and obtain all the information needed, coordinate all claim payments and benefits, examine state guidelines and member files that may affect the Subrogation process.
Douglas/Boeing
Production Control Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 2, 2015
It was a great place to work. On a typical day I would work the Service Window issuing Tool or Parts to the Assembly Line using the Computer System for Inventory Purposes. I would answer any questions that were asked that I could answer. If I was unable to answer the question, I would ask my Supervisor.
good
tailor (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILMarch 1, 2013
It's a friendly work environment. I loved it mostly because I was doing the job I love, sewing .Although it was difficult work but I enjoyed doing it and tried my best to have everything exact and right. I wasn't happy with the benefits .
Pros
friendly work environment.
Cons
no work benefits.
Fun friendly environment
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 15, 2015
Lots of perks at this law firm including going home at 3:00 after an especially busy trial. The Law Firm was low key with advanced computer knowledge going steadily into the future.
Pros
Lunch in the Building
Cons
Lack of suffcient funds to operate a business
Family owned and operated
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 29, 2015
My coworkers were older being either family members or friends. They often times extended their experiences/wisdom as a tool of growth. The working environment wasn't always pleasant but at the end of the day the clients were well cared for.
Douglas
Care Giver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GaApril 29, 2014
A typical day at Douglas services is Providing assistance with daily living skills for special needs adults. I love working with special needs adults teaching them every day living skill so they can manage living on their own one day. The most enjoyable part of this job is taking my clients out into the community to enjoy life. I'm always willing to help people that are in need of help.
Pros
reimbursement on gas
Cons
No pay on holiday vacations.
productive and fun learning place
finisher (Former Employee) –  Benton harbor miApril 6, 2015
easy work when u know what to do and how to do it using water and mud mixing together and using taper to go the the walls before the mud, but adding a little behind the tape to get started.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
15 min breakes
Loved meeting new people and providing services
Cosmetologist/Nail Technician (Current Employee) –  Self employedDecember 8, 2012
learned something new everyday
the hardest part was dealing with the economy
I loved my co-workers just had too many differences
everyday varies
Pros
make own schedule
Cons
not stable
Short term assignments
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 16, 2015
I enjoyed working for the company. Though the assignments were short term I enjoyed the work.
Pros
I got to work with several clients in a short period of time
Cons
Fun and productive place with a home feel
Intern (Current Employee) –  skokieNovember 21, 2014
I work with people with disabilities doing various activities and serving an array of clients
had alot of fun with co-workers
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  6060 w douglas 53218July 10, 2014
operated all machines from manual to automatic tapping, drilling,
kept tolerance on parts according to blueprints.