Tasting Room Manager Position
Doukenie Winery an award winning family owned winery located in the lee of the Short Hill Mountains in Purcellville, VA is seeking a top-caliber, hospitality-oriented Tasting Room Manager to join our management team. The ideal candidate would an be individual with strong leadership skills and possess the ability to handle all daily operations of the Tasting Room practicing exemplary customer service, as well as administrative and employee management.. This position requires a high degree of organization and flexibility, working during the week and weekends as schedule, staff, customer needs and events demand. Enthusiasm and passion for our product and the experience of our customer would be of your utmost concern.
- 21 years of age and posses a valid driver’s license
- Previous experience in hiring, training supervising and scheduling staff.
- 2-3 years working in a winery, restaurant or other hospitality relevant related retail service experience
- Computer experience to include basic computer knowledge as well as Word and Excel
- Winery based POS system knowledge helpful
- Knowledge of wines, wine production and distribution
- Must be highly motivated and independent but able to work in a team atmosphere.
- Positive attitude, ability to multitask and enthusiastic willingness to learn
- Possess a professional appearance
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Able to work weekends, some evenings and some holidays.
Skills and Abilities:
- Exhibit and practice excellent customer service skills
- Must possess strong interpersonal and management skills, while setting an example of high professional standards for staff.
- Good communication and grammar skills in both areas of face to face contact and in written correspondence.
- Conflict resolution and strong problem solving skills in a professional manner.
- Ability to work with well with senior management, department managers and Tasting Room staff in a daily team atmosphere.
- Help to develop, implement and reach desired sales goals