Dove Chocolate Discoveries Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Rewarding but Challenging
Indep. Chocolatier (Current Employee) –  Spokanne, WAJune 12, 2014
This job has alot of major plusses but can be very challenging. Requires ALOT of networking and lead generation, communications (various, phone etc) and can be very draining. The Company is VERY supportive of contractors and sends out a very nice New Chocolatier package. Be PREPARED to sell... sell, sell, and party demos are not so easy to pull off and can cost the host and/or contractor alot. Be excited about DCD, yes, but be realistic. I LOVE chocolate but I SO wish Dove and DCD products had health conscious ingredients and no artificial additions. Again, great company but be aware contractor has to INVEST quite a bit of their self and their motivation. You can also recruit new sellers and the PR element is there, also gain exp. in interviwer skills.
Pros
be own boss, love your product, public contact/speaking
Cons
can be hard to sell, costs to contractor/imvestments may not pay off
Chocolate heaven
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMarch 6, 2014
For a direct sales company in a sea of hundreds, this one stood out to me. The company was very helpful, team mates always willing to help, a sense of family. It can be difficult to be successful at direct sales, but with the help of others and the huge support system they offer, one can truly be successful in attaining their goals. It was a pleasure to work with them. -A typical day- sign in to account online to check goals, assignments if any leads were issued, check and learn new product information and complete training if necessary, check calendar for the day's appointments, call clients, prepare for presentations if scheduled, check in with team mates and motivate them by reaching out if they need help, post marketing/advertisements for new products, market business by meeting new people, gather contacts for leads and follow up with them, set new appointments...all from the comfort of my own home and on my own time :).
Pros
work from home, always interesting, fun
Cons
work load was dependant upon self motivation
A company that supports!
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Loves Park, ILJanuary 7, 2014
Fun and rewarding.
I have learned that I cannot make others want to succeed as much as I know they are capable of.
Supportive
Supportive
Customer relations
Customer relations
Pros
compensation plans/ incentives/ support
Home Based Business
Owner (Former Employee) –  anywhereOctober 2, 2013
I conduct home tasting parties and have alot of customer service
Pros
its my business
Cons
not enough people interested in business
Fun
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILSeptember 27, 2013
This was my first time doing independent sales and it was great learning how successful you could be doing something like this if you pushed yourself.
Pros
freedom
Cons
not enough product
Direct Sales of Exclusive Dove Chocolate Products
Direct Sales Sr. Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaSeptember 2, 2013
Host private chocolate tasting parties and Direct selling products form Dove Chocolate Discoveries while generating business while recruiting new hosts for future parties and recruit new chocolatiers to join my individual team. Have built a team of over 30 chocolatiers. Have also earned various trips and awards based individual and team sales and recruitment.
Pros
delicious chocolate products
Cons
not everyone wants to host a party
Home based employment
Appointment setting, sales/demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CAMarch 18, 2013
I love being a Dove Chocolatier, it is fun and challenging. I set my own hours, do my own clerical and appointment setting and demonstrations.
Excitement at every party because we bring DOVE Chocolate to work!
Independent Chocolatier (Current Employee) –  Western New YorkNovember 15, 2012
Conducting Chocolate Tasting parties is the latest in home based parties. Much like the other DSA companies that are out there, we come to your location and conduct a Chocolate Tastings with our exclusive line of Dove gourmet products.
I love what I do, and our hosts and guests are satisfied that they've been treated to a wide variety of ready to eat products that you can easily entertain with! Products are very versatile!
Pros
products are delicious, and backed by mars corporation!
Cons
none for me!
My Chocolate Business
Independant Chocolatier (Current Employee) –  Heath, OHMay 3, 2012
That is what Dove Chocolate Discoveries is, your own business. I liked it because it allowed me to let my own schedule and work from home for the most part. But the product what expensive, and good product will be. But in today's world people do not want to spend and arm and a leg on chocolate, no matter how good it is.
Pros
working from home
Cons
expensive
Who doesn't love chocolate?
Home Based Direct Sales Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MissouriMarch 22, 2012
What a fun way to spend your time - sharing premium chocolate and visiting with others. The products are amazing. Best direct sales/home party business around!
Pros
huge potential. ground floor. amazing products
Cons
direct sales requires dedicated, self-motivated individuals.
Fun, and laid back job
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, MDMarch 9, 2012
I currently perform chocolate tasting parties, and love it! Very laid back company. Work the hours you want to work.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not fulltime

4.3