Dovenmuehle Mortgage Inc Employee Reviews in United States

I would never recommend a good friend to work here.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILOctober 14, 2015
Horrible Management. If you like verbal abuse it is a good fit for you. Lack of training. It's like working in a sweat shop. Low pay and no appreciation. Constant churning of employees. Cannot retain good educated employees because of poor upper management.
Pros
Met some very good fellow employees
Cons
Horrible benefits and low pay.
Good people, poorly managed.
Default Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJune 18, 2014
The people that work this company are very nice and willing to help on the other hand the management and overall structure leave something to be desired. This is the high paced mortgage servicing industry so from time to time things are stressful but nothing that can be handled with focus and determination. I have learned many things related to the mortgage industry and how government agencies interact with the banking industry. I have been able to hone my research and analysis skills to fit in a corporate structure so that is a big plus.
Pros
the ability to learn.
Cons
benefits lacking
Enjoyable and good job duties
Phone Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILMarch 26, 2013
Inbound/Outbound call center in a mortgage environment
Assisted homeowners with answering questions about their conventional, FNMA/FHLMC, and FHA/VA loans and loan mod packages
Sent out various loan modification packages to homeowners who needed assistance with their mortgage loans
Entering information in the computer system (LPS) regarding what the phone calls were about
Pros
good employees, enjoyable job duties, compensation decent
Cons
no raises or no advancement opportunities really, bad management (some)
Great Place
Bankruptcy Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILNovember 2, 2015
managing foreclosure and bankruptcy issues. Filing lots of paper work by a dead line. Making lots of calls in order to correct errors on documents and request missing items. The hardest part of the job sometimes was maintaining deadlines for paperwork because the other party would not edit errors in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fast paced work, it made the day fly.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
n/a
Great Company
USAA Representative/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  North Aurora, ILSeptember 16, 2015
To put it short, Dovenmuehle is a great company to work for, but in my personal opinion they are under the radar and there are things that have happened and things that I've witnessed that I do not particularly agree with. Which is why I am deciding to seek other employment, I've been rubbed a negative way and cannot be a part of a company that finds it alright to breach contractual agreements with clients.
Pros
Hour Lunches
Cons
Professionalism Lacking
Terrible place
Default Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJuly 23, 2013
Never work here, poor pay, no opportunities to advance, no pay raises or reviews. The only enjoyable part is the people.
Dovenmuehle - Caveat Emptor
Second Level IT Support (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILFebruary 26, 2015
IT Culture there is dysfunctional and a mess. Director of IT bullies and handles major updates like a cowboy, pushing first and testing later, and it all rolls downhill to the techs who are expected to follow all these processes when they change constantly at the whim of the Director of IT and his manager.

Manager is a piece of work too, expecting people to be encyclopedias but lacking the patience to give his techs the proper resources and knowledgebase to be effective.

Pinnacle of dysfunction, and I can say that having spent 6 years in a high stress, high energy corporate environment where things were done right - night and day compared to this place. Wish they were never bought out.
Pros
none unless you enjoy dysfunction and being made to feel less than the tech you know you are
Cons
just a pure toxic environment
fun place to work upbeat tones fast past
Customer Service Representive (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILAugust 4, 2015
i took a class that last a six weeks and pass it with 89% i wish i could have done better ,the hard part was when i went live on the the phone by my self . but most enjoyable was when i had a exscalated call i was able to calm client down with out even transfer to a supervisor,i love all my coworker i easy person to get along with
Very good company
PC Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  SchaumburgJune 8, 2014
Nice work place, location is great, benefits are awesome, co-operative co-workers. Great compensation.
Productive team work
New Loan Auditor (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILMay 7, 2015
Co workers and management staffs are pleasant to work with. We work together as team to solve problems or find way to improve the procedures.
Pros
Food day, company offer special food, free personal days.
Cons
Pay could be better

Want to know more about Dovenmuehle Mortgage Inc?

Ask a question
Great learning experience and work environment.
Case Escalation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILApril 11, 2012
Typical work day consists of emails, letters, phone calls, problem solving, meetings, and research.

I learned the ins and outs of mortgage loans, mortgage servicing, investor and RESPA guidelines.

Management is poor. Very little communication and few reviews. If the company does well, you are rewarded with an ice cream party.

Hardest part of the job is advising mortgagors/borrowers all the foreclosure prevention strategies are exhausted.

I enjoy the people, clients, and working together to achieve a common goal.
Pros
work out facility, independent work atmosphere, friendly co workers
Cons
poor management, poor training program, no review process, little communication.
Very Productive A company your can grow with
Release Processor (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJanuary 20, 2015
I process release and rejected release that come back from the County. I make all necessary corrections and return a recordable release. I love correcting mistakes and learning new things. I also get the opportunity to perfect my skills sets.
Being in a call center requires much discipline. This company does not exemplify team work.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILApril 16, 2012
This employer has no regard for the employee. It doesn't matter how hard you try to follow the job description, there is never a positive message given. There was no enjoyment on the job. Everyone at that company in Customer Service just waits for the bad news to come. It is hard to feel good about going to work when there are no positive vibes and they are always setting you up for failure.
Pros
there are none
It's a job
Prepayoff Processor (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJune 9, 2013
A typical work day consists of rushing to get the work done in a timely manor without making mistakes that would cost my job. I work from 8-5 with an hour lunch and a 15 minute break. I process anywhere from 150-400 payoffs depending on how behind or abundant the work load is.
I have learned that the mortgage world can be a great field to work in if you are surrounded by people that appreciate you, which in my current work place they do not appreciate much.
Management tends to not really know what they are doing or how to fix problems. They are constantly changing their minds of how something should be according to the HR code. They do not follow the HR code that is handed to each employee on their first day, they actually change it themselves and really do not know what they want us to do. Management it more concerned about how we look than the work we do.
My co-workers are great people but it's hard to have a good day at work when pretty much everyone is on edge about if they are going to be able to keep their job today or walk in to work and lose their job.
The hardest part about my job is pleasing the management with my production even though my production shows I do not fool around, I am there to get my work done and go home with a paycheck to pay what little I can that pay period.
To be honest the most enjoyable part about my job is when I can clock out and go home.
Cons
indecisiveness, judgement, and attitude.
Dmi
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake ZurichSeptember 23, 2014
Good Company to work for. #1 in job stability.
Normal Business hours are 8:00-4:30, flexibility available.
Learned different aspects of servicing by working in different departments.
Co-workers are very friendly and helpful.
Lack of Training
Staff and environment is suitable to work in
Company with growth
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILApril 13, 2013
I am a Quality Assurance Specialist. Each day I learn something new at Dovenmuehle. They are a large competitive company that keeps growing.
Decent
Escrow Representative (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILJanuary 7, 2013
escrow
taxes
micro managed
hours are not flexible
no advancement possibilities
Bland office environment
Mortgage Foreclosure Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILOctober 1, 2012
Lots of hand on learning, friendly environment that is always available for questions.
Cons
minimal personalization of cubicle space available. not enough office space for all employees.
High Stress
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Aurora, ILJuly 31, 2014
there is No physical labor but the Job does take a toll on you.
Pros
no physical labor
Cons
rules change daily, you are monitor down to the second.
Very Poor Communication With Employees
Cash Processor II (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILAugust 15, 2014
No room for growth very little communication between employees

2.9