Dover Downs Hotel & Casino Employee Reviews

Low wages but they do have good benefits
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 30, 2017
It could be a good place to work, but the upper management sometimes make you feel like all you are is a name and number and nothing more. To express your opinion would end you at the HR dept. with negative results .
Nice place
Dishwasher/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 12, 2017
I was a dishwasher and in janitorial. Very quick paced. Quick management. Had to make sure floors were spotless and had to get ready for an inspection anytime. Left for another job.
If you love NASCAR..
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 11, 2017
When I worked the concession stand, I enjoyed the sound of the screaming cars as they zoomed by. The electricity of the crowd was exciting. Nice work atmosphere. People are nice to work with.
Its What you make it
Day Cook (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEAugust 2, 2017
I enjoyed working here, I truly feel like the people here cared about me and was sadden to see me go. I think the managers were fair and I always felt like I had a voice.
Interesting place to work
Casino Host (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEAugust 1, 2017
It is a fast-paced environment in which I gained a lot of knowledge and experience in providing personalized customer service in the hotel and casino industry.
Pros
Worked with many wonderful people
Cons
Worked nights and every weekend
slow paced
Greeter/cashier (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 30, 2017
The festival buffet at dover downs made being a cashier roughly 5 times harder than it needed to be by making us keep 3 different records of what people paid with and taking there own currency along with USD adding into the confusion.
Pros
physically easy work
Cons
tedious work and work on weekends
Dealer
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 20, 2017
I dealt cards and handled money. I also kept the customers as happy as possible. Customers would get seriously upset but it was my job to keep them happy although they were losing money.
Good as a second job, not dependable
General Labor (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 22, 2017
Job offers a great opportunity to make tips but pays bare minimum hourly wages and does not like to give over time. However would be a nice fit as a second job.
Housekeeping Could Be Better
Guest Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 12, 2017
The pay is not equivalent to the amount of work you do. I've worked there for a number of years and have yet to make more than $9 an hr. There is no room for advancement in this dept. Half of the supervisors no longer care about the cleanliness of the rooms which sucks. I don't advise anyone to work in that dept. or stay at the hotel.
Pros
At your discretion
Cons
At your discretion
Alot of favoritism
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 8, 2017
Management do not know how to talk to their employees underneath them and there was a lot of discrimination going on in my former department. Which is one of the many reasons why they cannot keep officers on top of lack of pay and favoritism
Pros
Cons
No respect
Be a server
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 3, 2017
The only people in the F&B department of Dover Downs that make any money, besides the upper management or head chefs are the servers. Every week the servers go home with at least double the back of house pay. The line cooks and dishwashers do the hardest work and aren't even paid more than $10 average.
Pros
Some good co-workers.
Cons
pay, massive turn-over, lack of care from upper management.
Corrupt, stale, hill billy management.
Slot Gaming Technician (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 2, 2017
No respect for life, not open to new ideas, very closed minded management, seeking to blame others for failures. Stuck in the mud management, not moving forward and into the modern world of both company ideas as well as life management. Looking for same, stork type individuals who are easily intimidated and walk with their head down. If you step out of the box, they feel threatened. If you have a new idea, they stomp on it instead of embracing it. Management is high-minded, egotistical and have no life as a result of having a more secure feeling staying in the work environment vs. experiencing life through action and adventure.
Pros
Food is discounted and 8 hour day including lunch.
Cons
Old school management.
Amazing way to start a career
Cocktail Waitress (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 24, 2017
Lovely staff and management. They let you cover shifts if you want them. Definitely very helpful to employees and can have a flexible schedule for you.
clean kitchens
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 5, 2017
fun and busy great bosses and co workers good wage and bus travel very close by hr is very very good and helpful cannot say anything negative about the company just want higher salary
Pros
great bosses
Cons
n/a
Great Place To work
Lead Cook (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 5, 2017
One of the best companies I have worked. Great place to work and also great opportunity for growth. Dover Downs is one of the premier employers in the Delaware area.
review
Casino Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 3, 2017
Typical day the customer's were friendly and not like the customer's in NJ a lot more understanding. I did like the non smoking environment.

plus the fact that we were off Christmas and Easter

The hardest part of the job again where when people blamed you for them losing their money
Busy cutthroat place to work
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJanuary 25, 2017
Dover Downs can be a fun place to work, the customers for the most part are awesome. I worked various hours many times staying late when other servers wanted to leave early. Unfortunately, I have to give management a bad review. When dealing with internal issues, they fail to effectively solve the problem. The lack of integrity is a growing issue. They continue to hire people with poor work ethics.
Pros
high income opportunity, discount meals
Cons
poor management, employee theft & dishonesty
Fun place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJanuary 21, 2017
It would be a great place to continue working if they talk to there employees with some respect. Alot to do for advancement. Always hire as part time employee with full time hours with no benefits.
Pros
My Co-Workers, safe environment
Cons
Mgt, money, no benefits
dover downs F&B department
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEDecember 19, 2016
The managers don't seem to know what they are doing. In my whole time of working there, there was favoritism. HR office wont take care of harassment issues in the work place. The income was the only thing that kept me there.
Productive, Strict workplace
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEDecember 2, 2016
This workplace is very strict but understandable. There's a lot of drama here (but of course, they hire lots of children). Other than the drama, this is a pretty good place to work.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Tips are not good