Dover Downs Hotel & Casino Employee Reviews

clean kitchens
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 5, 2017
fun and busy great bosses and co workers good wage and bus travel very close by hr is very very good and helpful cannot say anything negative about the company just want higher salary
Pros
great bosses
Cons
n/a
Great Place To work
Lead Cook (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 5, 2017
One of the best companies I have worked. Great place to work and also great opportunity for growth. Dover Downs is one of the premier employers in the Delaware area.
review
Casino Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 3, 2017
Typical day the customer's were friendly and not like the customer's in NJ a lot more understanding. I did like the non smoking environment.

plus the fact that we were off Christmas and Easter

The hardest part of the job again where when people blamed you for them losing their money
Busy cutthroat place to work
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJanuary 25, 2017
Dover Downs can be a fun place to work, the customers for the most part are awesome. I worked various hours many times staying late when other servers wanted to leave early. Unfortunately, I have to give management a bad review. When dealing with internal issues, they fail to effectively solve the problem. The lack of integrity is a growing issue. They continue to hire people with poor work ethics.
Pros
high income opportunity, discount meals
Cons
poor management, employee theft & dishonesty
Fun place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJanuary 21, 2017
It would be a great place to continue working if they talk to there employees with some respect. Alot to do for advancement. Always hire as part time employee with full time hours with no benefits.
Pros
My Co-Workers, safe environment
Cons
Mgt, money, no benefits
dover downs F&B department
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEDecember 19, 2016
The managers don't seem to know what they are doing. In my whole time of working there, there was favoritism. HR office wont take care of harassment issues in the work place. The income was the only thing that kept me there.
Productive, Strict workplace
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEDecember 2, 2016
This workplace is very strict but understandable. There's a lot of drama here (but of course, they hire lots of children). Other than the drama, this is a pretty good place to work.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Tips are not good
nice conversations and good fun
Harness Horse Race Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 25, 2016
clock in get the keys to unlock the security room and security gate booth, sign in an go to the booth at the gate.Set up at the booth for the day.Start signing in the horse riders, owners,groomers,ect .
Pros
meeting new people
flawed
utility porter (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 15, 2016
dover downs inc. was an aweful place to work, we were mistreated in wages and benefits. staff was friendly for the most part, but we were understaff almost all the time. I learned how to cope with stressful situations better, how to work effectively with my coworkers in order to get the job done. still though, it could have been a better experience.
Productive, and fast learning environment.
Banquets & Buffet Server (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 18, 2016
Very great work place and overall good experience. There were always workers and managers available to help aid with a smooth work experience. Everyone worked together as a team to achieve our goals and making the customers happy with the experience at our establishment.
review
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 21, 2016
the management here also ruined a good business venture but I will say the kids was what was best out of the whole experience here as well
bad experiernce
Pantry Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 19, 2016
It is very unprofessional and the coworkers are terribly rude. Management do not care about the staff. There is a high turn-over rate and the hardest part of the job is walking on egg shells around the managers.
It's ok
Cashier/Food Server (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 29, 2016
They pay a pretty good hourly wage for Servers. There can be a lot of favoritism within the company depending on what department you work in.
Pros
Good hourly wage for servers
Cons
favoritism
Needs improvement
Hotel Concierge (Former Employee) –  Dover, DENovember 4, 2015
A typical day at the dover downs hotel fun but i learned that unity is nowhere to be found management can"t see or spot real professional talent.Now my co-workers most of them i would say are ok at best but some are cut thoart haters,the hardest part of the job was assisting the valet people and the most enjoyable was working my station the concierge desk helping people and collecting menus.
Pros
exquiste lobby frankies restaurant the casino also events
Cons
management, the pay and no union
Hard work, Little pay
Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 16, 2015
It was fun getting the experience of working in a hotel/casino environment, got to meet a lot of nice co-workers as well as customers. Learning how to make the different cappuccinos and latte's were fun.
Pros
Fun work place at times, nice employees
Cons
bad management, little pay
You do work for less money
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dover DelawareSeptember 9, 2015
I think they can care about their employees more if it wasn't for the employees they wouldn't be able to keep their business open.
Pros
Its okay
Cons
Employee parking
A nice place to work, and they have a relaxing atmosphere
Guest Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 20, 2015
It is a employer that can offer stability and work ethics for a person who is just getting into the work force.

It is comfortable.

What I learned from this position, is the many different ways to make a bed.

Management.

Some are mostly cordial in interacting with others.

Making tips.

Making new friends.
Pros
It fits on anyone resume.
Cons
They do not have a good benefit package.
Never a dull moment
Dual-Rate Main Bank Cashier/Cage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 22, 2015
Not the type of place for a person with kids because there is no balance of work and family life. Pay doesn't always compensate for the work that you do. But I had the best management team in my department!
Pros
co-workers
Cons
benefits are expensive
Enjoyable workplace
Slot Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 26, 2015
Typical day at work is interacting with customers and providing excellent customer services.Awarding jackpots and handpays
My co workers are great and i enjoy working with them. I think the most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the customers.
Pros
gratuities
Horrible place to work
Office coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dover,DeNovember 7, 2014
I worked very hard for the company for 2 years and loved the people I worked with but not the people I worked for. Management is two faced and never has your back. Most employees are very unhappy. They act like they are the best company to work for when you go to new employee on-boarding, but it's a joke they are horrible. It's a dictatorship and I wouldn't recommend anyone working there.
Pros
Half off food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dover Downs Hotel & Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9