Dover Downs Hotel & Casino

Dover Downs Hotel & Casino Employer Reviews

Great Company
Manager (Current Employee), Dover, DEJanuary 17, 2014
Strong level of customer focus. Good benefits. Always looking for new ways to increase revenue.
Some positions here are favorable but not all
slot attendant (Former Employee), Dover DEAugust 15, 2013
Pros: employees receive half price food in employee food areas, coworkers are great, pay is very good for some positions, good people person job
Cons: high stress, can be fired if you don't show up during race weekend, can lose earned vacation time if terminated or call out during your two week notice.
The hardest part of the job is staying motivated when it feels like bosses only look for what they can write you up for. Second hardest is walking all day and not really being able to talk to your coworkers without being called into the office for it. The most enjoyable part of the job is other employees and some of the fantastic customers.
My most favorite job out of all work history
Banquet Server (Former Employee), Dover, DEAugust 14, 2013
What I learned-How to balance 50 lbs trays on my shoulders as I serve the banquet atendees their meals.

The hardest part of the job-Manuvering around obstacles while serving the platters.

Most enjoyable part- The challenge of the obstacles.
Worst Job
Bartender (Former Employee), dover DEApril 18, 2013
Cons: no meal breaks, schedule comes out the day of the week not a week in advance.
You will not be happy to work at this place, your constantly signing a new policy, supervisors and managers are always getting fired or replaced every 3 months. Just ask an employee first before you apply!!
Great company that cares about its employees
Restaurant Supervisor (Current Employee), Dover, DEJune 12, 2012
Dover Downs is an enjoyable place to work and has great employees. I really enjoy the people I work with and we are a team.
Dover Downs Hotel & Casino is a Four Diamond-rated facility located in Dover, Delaware.
Cage Cashier (Former Employee), DelawareMarch 5, 2012
Pros: healcare program.
Cons: hours, nights and weekends.
They have a variety of position. Managers are very friendly.