Position: Service Engineer/Service Technician
Location: Medford, MA
Labthink International is a global provider of technologically advanced packaging quality
Labthink International, Inc. a wholly owned subsidiary of Labthink International, is a global enterprise that provides professional quality control solutions for packaging materials and products.
Our core businesses include the R&D of laboratory testing instruments, packaging testing and testing-data processing services. We are dedicated to providing integrated professional quality control solutions for customers from industries of packaging, food and beverages, medicals and pharmaceuticals, daily chemicals and printing and etc.
Our Greater Boston headquarters include our North America Sales Division, R&D Center,
packaging testing laboratory, and the customer services center.The United States is our first subsidiary, and we are now looking for special individuals, excited at the possibility of getting in on the ground floor of a funded start-up and then helping their employer to grow and provide satisfying and meaningful careers for employees.
Do you enjoy technology, instrumentation, and people? Do you enjoy working on and solving problems with electromechanical equipment? How are you at explaining how equipment works and should be used? How much do you enjoy helping others? Would you like to be part of a brand new group within an established company? If these questions have you thinking we’re speaking your language, then we want to hear from you.
Your primary responsibilities will involve supporting customers and sales staff in their understanding, use, and maintenance of our equipment. You will be called on to bring the full extent of your technical, interpersonal, customer service, and organizational skills to help us always provide great quality products and services to our market. The primary metrics of success will be customer and colleague satisfaction with, respect for, and confidence in your performance. The core responsibilities are listed below. Note: as this is a new US office you will be involved in the definition and setup of processes, practices, and tools.
- Pre- / Mid- / Post-sales technical support
- Extensive customer interaction
- Travel to customer sites to set up and/or repair equipment
- Provide phone, online, and email-based support to help customers solve equipment operating problems and identify and order spare parts
- Maintain accurate field installation, maintenance, and on-site service records
- Compile, review, and analyze product usage data. Work with Product Management to identify product improvement and innovation opportunities
- Perform in-house trouble-shooting, repair, maintenance and testing work (we have our own lab)
- Train customers and new employees on all instruments
- Up to 60-75% travel time may be required
- Other ad hoc responsibilities
The characteristics of appealing candidates include:
- A technical AS degree (minimum)
- At least 2 years of experience troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining electromechanical systems
- Knowledge of electronics (circuit board, electronic components, can follow/ read/ interpret blueprints, wiring schematics)
- Knowledge of basic mechanical and electrical assembly
- Knowledge in the use of related tools and equipment, including hand tools, soldering tools, mechanical and electrical measuring tools, multimeter, oscilloscope
- Familiarity with PC operating systems and Windows applications
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and customer service / support skills
- Great problem-solving skills: asking questions, active listening, critical thinking, methodical
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to lift 50 plus pounds
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is a competitive salary plus a generous benefits package and paid time off.
Our office is in Medford, close to the Wellington T station.
To apply - we have partnered with Dovetail Talent & HR for this search. Please send your application to the e-mail address noted in the post. No phone calls or agencies please.
Email your resume, cover letter and salary history to apply. Please reference Service Technician/Service Engineer in the title.