Dow AgroSciences Employee Reviews

It was a nice herbalist experience
Injection (Former Employee) –  Salinas Municipio, PRSeptember 19, 2016
Go to work, had a 12 hour shift most of the days. Management was great and we had a good teamwork. This job requires me to work through long periods of time under sunlight, its a hot environment for long hours. The thing that i like about this job is that i learned the different types of plants and how to treat them with the proper care and chemicals.
Excellent work environment
Senior Engineering Specialist, R&D (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 24, 2016
Dow AgroSciences stresses life balance and community involvement
Plenty of opportunity for advancement to accomplish career goals. Relaxed work environment and good benefits.
A company focused on safety
Combustion Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 6, 2017
This is a wonderful company to work with. I highly recommend it. Even though I worked here through a contracting company, It was a pleasant place to be. They give you the freedom to work at your own pace and the their focus on safety is nice to experience.
Pros
Great culture and facilities
Cons
Company stability during merger
Great place to work but don't always practice what they "preach"
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 14, 2016
Great company & benefits. I loved working there despite the challenges/issues I encountered. Unfortunately I was laid-off in 2015....as so many other employees that had 20+ years of service.

Couple issues:

1. They state "Putting the right person in the right job at the right time" is just a statement...they do not practice what they "preach." I was put in a job that did NOT meet my skill set and did NOT have management support to learn it. Skills were such you cannot just learn it on your own easily or quickly--guidance was needed and did not receive any. I did my best in the role and was pleased with my performance.

2. This may be an age-old problem but one manager always found fault in everything his/her direct reports did--this kills morale. This is due to needing percentages to have certain gender/race/etc in a manager role. Too bad companies do not feel comfortable only placing the best qualified candidates in a managerial role....too afraid of "discrimination." That's what our society has come to these days (sad).

What I learned from these issues: Do the best you can to learn needed skills on your own. Then be pleased with your performance even if others are not. Always put your best foot forward regardless of what others think/say because at the end of the day, you go home with yourself.
Pros
Health/Dental Insurance, generous Vacation, Sick Leave, 2 Personal Days Paid per Year, Holiday Pay, Workout Center, College Education Assistance
Cons
See "Your Review"
Great Company
Human Capital Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 23, 2016
Love the work culture. Good HR Practices. Good work life balance for all employees. Happy teams and good projects. Smart coworkers.
Great place to start your career!
US Commercial Sales Trainee (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GA; Plymouth, MNJuly 7, 2016
DOW AgroSciences is a great place to start right out of college. I was able to get my feet wet within the agricultural industry, and I was able to network with many people around the nation and learn about their experience in agriculture. As a Sales Trainee, I was able to relocate to another part of the country and work with many new crops that I haven't had the experience with. Gaining experience with new crops and learning the business of a new location was very rewarding for me. I commend Dow AgroSciences on giving me the opportunity to see the country, and I would recommend this company to anyone who asks me.
Great atmosphere with great people
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 14, 2016
The most enjoyable part about working here is the friendly atmosphere. One of the best organizations in the Indianapolis. It also has a very beautiful campus.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
A bit overwhelming with all the safety procedures.
Great Place to work
Production Data Analyst/ (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, ILAugust 31, 2016
I loved my job at Dow Agro. The only reason I left my position is because I needed something with benefits. I was working through Kelly Services, so I didn't get the full time benefits. However, it was by far my favorite place to work.
Productive and innovative work environment
Synthesis Chemist, Kelly Services Contractor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 15, 2016
I work for Kelly Services as a contractor on assignment at Dow AgroSciences. It has been a great learning experience and I have met and worked with some of the brightest minds in science. I am very grateful for their nurturing and supportive ways as I have learned so much over the past few years. However, the benefits and compensation package through Kelly Services is awful. 48 hours PTO for everything from family emergencies to vacation to sick days. That is pretty pathetic. There are no opportunities for bonuses or raises either.
Good
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  IndyDecember 5, 2016
Good, it was friendly, it was a good environment. Overall, it was nice. It had a good cafeteria and workout room. I worked in a lab. I worked with stink bugs, and I worked with corn in a greenhouse.
Highly advanced. innovative, scientific culture.
Senior Research Technologist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 2, 2016
Each day at Dow AgroSciences was filled with extensive scientific discussions about new innovative methods for research, experimental designs for testing a hypothesis, troubleshooting, and planning the daily tasks. The scientific culture at DAS provided me with great opportunities to learn various cell biology techniques including: Flowcytometer, transformation techniques in numerous agricultural crops, developing various cell cultures, and managing a variety of processes for research.
Pros
Working with highly talented scientists.
Cons
Project limitations for testing innovative ideas.
Manos para nuestra tierra
Asistente de campo soya (Former Employee) –  Guayama, PRJuly 5, 2016
Es un buen trabajo donde cada día es distinto, se interactúa con el ambiente, se aprende al maximo cada dia. Un lugar donde tienes como fin ayudar a mejorar los productos con el fin de ser mas productivos y resistentes a diferentes factores
Pros
Interactuar con el medio ambiente
Cons
ninguno
Very good benefits and vacation package
Analytical Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Harbor Beach, MIFebruary 8, 2016
Currently I work twelve hour shifts in a Micro Lab. Working such a long day would be the hardest part of my current job. I am looking for a job with a better Job Work/Life Balance. I have learned how to really work as a team in a production-type environment. I have also learned lab techniques and how to work in a clean room environment.
Nice company
Lead Biologist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 30, 2015
Nice company to work with. Good benefits , good people. Continuous improvement culture, collaborative atmosphere. Awesome company to work with.
Pros
Good people. career advancement
Strong agronomic company
Seed Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Northcentral IllinoisJuly 5, 2016
Company focused on building market share in all phases of it's operations especially in the Mycogen seed brand and its' affiliate brands.
Amazing Work Environment
Office Professional / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gibson City, ILMarch 29, 2016
I absolutely loved working here. Leaving this position was one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make. Really wish I would have stayed.
Pros
Too many to list
Cons
n/a
Innovative and Productive Work Environment
Automation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 9, 2016
A collaborative and productive space to learn new skills that can be applied in any lab setting. Must know how to mulit task as you will have several responsibilities.
technical job
full time (Former Employee) –  PRFebruary 7, 2014
to much micro-management in every activity. The culture is informal, with lack of details , go superficial
Pros
compensation
Cons
Close loope in the management
overall a nice working enviroment
Mobile Application - Lead Developer/Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 27, 2014
This is a world leading chemical company so from an IT specialist perspective, this is a great place to work at, Dow provides lots of opportunities in different functions and businesses, if you have a broad interests this will be a good position. However if you are a hardcore coder, Dow is probably not your top choice, your career path will be limited and at some point you will either have to become a IS architecture or have to switch to other functions.

Overall I recommend this company, the working environment is very friendly and the leadership are open minded and supportive.
Cons
little vacation
Great Internship Experience!
Software Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 28, 2015
I really enjoyed my time working as an intern at Dow Agroscience. I was there for 3 months working with the Software Development group. My intern project involved researching and implementing a centralized logging system for their application servers.

My supervisors were really good about providing all the support I needed, while also taking a hands off approach and giving me a lot of freedom to choose the direction I wanted to take with the project. My typical work day was completely self-driven, and I was solely responsible for managing the various tasks that needed to be addressed in order to meet my project expectations/deadlines.

The company culture at Dow Agrosciences in Portland was very professional, and all my co-workers were very friendly and made me feel welcome from day one.
Pros
Great place to work overall.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dow AgroSciences. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2