Dow AgroSciences Employee Reviews

Wonderful company
Technician III (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 9, 2017
Best company i have ever worked for. the only reason that i am looking outside of the company is because of the merger and i am not sue of my job status.
Pros
lots of volunteering opurtunities
Cons
this is a relaxed work place where everyone who is willing to learn has a place.
Lab Scientist in the TG&T Department (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 3, 2017
I enjoy working in this company where I did learning so many things related to team work, job ethics, working experiences in science field. there are some busy time pick seasons of the year where we just get stacked on the tasks but we also had some team building moments of sharing, helping the community and supporting each others.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
breaks are taken any time if needed and possible
Great company
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 31, 2017
Diverse culture, safety oriented company that cares about their employees and their families. Exceptional benefits and advancement opportunities. Contributes to community initiatives.
Great Place to work
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 26, 2017
If you can become a full time Dow employee- do so! It's amazing. I am a contractor and it's still great, although the benefits with Dow are much better than with Kelly Services
Pros
Cafeteria, Work Life Balance, Great Culture
Best Culture
Biologist (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 24, 2017
This is by far the best company I have ever worked for! From the workplace and safety culture, to the benefits, great co-workers, and general team environment!
Nice environment
Reliability Engineer, CMRP (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 12, 2017
Dow AgroSciences had a nice environment to work at. They had a cafeteria and work out facility. I was able to get my certifications while working there.
Interesting Environment
Research Culture Collection Curator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 18, 2017
Scary business with the mergers and whatnot. No real job security beyond the new merger with DuPont and Pioneer, as there is no promise of a position within the new company. The work environment has been nothing but positive with DowAgro Sciences. Nothing is known about DuPont and/or Pioneer
Fun job, horrible management
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, NEJuly 12, 2017
Management will not help you succeed. Long hours, minimum life-work balance. Treated unfairly. Sad to leave the company, but people quit managers not jobs.
Freedom to act
Planner/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 7, 2017
freedom, responsibility to act and interact with all levels in company, flat organization. approachable and knowledgeable people, good safety culture. global workforce makes it very enjoyable.
Pros
flat organization
Cons
structure
Typical day
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee) –  Nevada, IAJuly 5, 2017
We would walk or drive to fields depending on how far the field was. Then we would either count the amount of plants and sample the plants. That is a typical day.
Pros
Breaks
Enjoyed working there overall
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 29, 2017
While I enjoyed working there and learned a lot, I ended up feeling like a pair of hands because I didn't have my PhD. If you don't have a higher degree, it's very hard to get a job, let alone have growth and advancement, here.
Wonderful management that cares about you
Seasonal Technician (Former Employee) –  Otterbein, INJune 20, 2017
The management knows the work is hard, and they will compensate you for it. Summer jobs require precision, but you can build a good rhythm. The weather can make the job miserable, but the management will take care of you. You'll want good boots.
Pros
Free lunches every now and then, good people
Cons
There's only a Subway nearby if you forget your lunch
good environment and company to work for
Import/Export Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 4, 2017
No real complaints except that I was working as a contractor for DOW and I was laid off due to a current merger with the company. The culture was great and everyone was very welcoming and helpful!
Productive work place
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 17, 2017
However, I don't work for Dow. I am a Kelly contractor on assignment at Dow. I do enjoy working in the agriculture field, and having flex time here at Dow.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
No overtime/ no sick days.
Laid-back work environment
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 1, 2017
This is a great place to work. The supervisors are very friendly and they really encourage you to excel and advance in your professional life. Try it for some time.
overall good experience
Soybean Yield Trial Technician (Former Employee) –  Nevada, IAApril 30, 2017
Overall good experience working for Dow Agrosciences. Always had great equipment to work. Only reason for leaving, my wife accepted a job in another state.
Overall great place to work with a great culture and employee focused.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYApril 24, 2017
Company culture is great. Focus on employees, is strong. Most management really cares about you as a person and how the work you're doing makes you feel.
Benefits
Cons
Work Life bala
This was my first working experience and it went great.
Corn Sorter (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAApril 3, 2017
I honestly had no problem with this business at all. They pay the right amount, they provide reasonable time for break, and overall its a great business. I got there on time and they provide a great clock in system. A day at work was easy besides the weather. I learned how to take care of Corn Crops and the management was decent. The hardest part was dealing with the heat + itchy skin. I enjoyed making new friends and money at the same time.
Pros
Great Break Time, Gatorade Provided
Cons
Hot heat
Friendly staff
Pollinator (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAFebruary 23, 2017
Friendly staff good communication with employees very responsible would provide all the personal protected equipment needed provide water and shade on every field
Great company
Packaging Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 13, 2017
Learned a lot working for Dow, great company and great atmosphere. I am required to write twenty words so the rest is just a filler. Would recommend this company to family and friends.