Dow AgroSciences Employee Reviews

Fun job, horrible management
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, NEJuly 12, 2017
Management will not help you succeed. Long hours, minimum life-work balance. Treated unfairly. Sad to leave the company, but people quit managers not jobs.
Freedom to act
Planner/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 7, 2017
freedom, responsibility to act and interact with all levels in company, flat organization. approachable and knowledgeable people, good safety culture. global workforce makes it very enjoyable.
Pros
flat organization
Cons
structure
Typical day
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee) –  Nevada, IAJuly 5, 2017
We would walk or drive to fields depending on how far the field was. Then we would either count the amount of plants and sample the plants. That is a typical day.
Pros
Breaks
Enjoyed working there overall
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 29, 2017
While I enjoyed working there and learned a lot, I ended up feeling like a pair of hands because I didn't have my PhD. If you don't have a higher degree, it's very hard to get a job, let alone have growth and advancement, here.
Wonderful management that cares about you
Seasonal Technician (Former Employee) –  Otterbein, INJune 20, 2017
The management knows the work is hard, and they will compensate you for it. Summer jobs require precision, but you can build a good rhythm. The weather can make the job miserable, but the management will take care of you. You'll want good boots.
Pros
Free lunches every now and then, good people
Cons
There's only a Subway nearby if you forget your lunch
good environment and company to work for
Import/Export Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 4, 2017
No real complaints except that I was working as a contractor for DOW and I was laid off due to a current merger with the company. The culture was great and everyone was very welcoming and helpful!
Productive work place
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 17, 2017
However, I don't work for Dow. I am a Kelly contractor on assignment at Dow. I do enjoy working in the agriculture field, and having flex time here at Dow.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
No overtime/ no sick days.
Laid-back work environment
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 1, 2017
This is a great place to work. The supervisors are very friendly and they really encourage you to excel and advance in your professional life. Try it for some time.
overall good experience
Soybean Yield Trial Technician (Former Employee) –  Nevada, IAApril 30, 2017
Overall good experience working for Dow Agrosciences. Always had great equipment to work. Only reason for leaving, my wife accepted a job in another state.
Overall great place to work with a great culture and employee focused.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYApril 24, 2017
Company culture is great. Focus on employees, is strong. Most management really cares about you as a person and how the work you're doing makes you feel.
Benefits
Cons
Work Life bala
This was my first working experience and it went great.
Corn Sorter (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAApril 3, 2017
I honestly had no problem with this business at all. They pay the right amount, they provide reasonable time for break, and overall its a great business. I got there on time and they provide a great clock in system. A day at work was easy besides the weather. I learned how to take care of Corn Crops and the management was decent. The hardest part was dealing with the heat + itchy skin. I enjoyed making new friends and money at the same time.
Pros
Great Break Time, Gatorade Provided
Cons
Hot heat
Friendly staff
Pollinator (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAFebruary 23, 2017
Friendly staff good communication with employees very responsible would provide all the personal protected equipment needed provide water and shade on every field
Great company
Packaging Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 13, 2017
Learned a lot working for Dow, great company and great atmosphere. I am required to write twenty words so the rest is just a filler. Would recommend this company to family and friends.
A company focused on safety
Combustion Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 6, 2017
This is a wonderful company to work with. I highly recommend it. Even though I worked here through a contracting company, It was a pleasant place to be. They give you the freedom to work at your own pace and the their focus on safety is nice to experience.
Pros
Great culture and facilities
Cons
Company stability during merger
Good
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  IndyDecember 5, 2016
Good, it was friendly, it was a good environment. Overall, it was nice. It had a good cafeteria and workout room. I worked in a lab. I worked with stink bugs, and I worked with corn in a greenhouse.
Great place to work but don't always practice what they "preach"
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 14, 2016
Great company & benefits. I loved working there despite the challenges/issues I encountered. Unfortunately I was laid-off in 2015....as so many other employees that had 20+ years of service.

Couple issues:

1. They state "Putting the right person in the right job at the right time" is just a statement...they do not practice what they "preach." I was put in a job that did NOT meet my skill set and did NOT have management support to learn it. Skills were such you cannot just learn it on your own easily or quickly--guidance was needed and did not receive any. I did my best in the role and was pleased with my performance.

2. This may be an age-old problem but one manager always found fault in everything his/her direct reports did--this kills morale. This is due to needing percentages to have certain gender/race/etc in a manager role. Too bad companies do not feel comfortable only placing the best qualified candidates in a managerial role....too afraid of "discrimination." That's what our society has come to these days (sad).

What I learned from these issues: Do the best you can to learn needed skills on your own. Then be pleased with your performance even if others are not. Always put your best foot forward regardless of what others think/say because at the end of the day, you go home with yourself.
Pros
Health/Dental Insurance, generous Vacation, Sick Leave, 2 Personal Days Paid per Year, Holiday Pay, Workout Center, College Education Assistance
Cons
See "Your Review"
Excellent work environment
Senior Engineering Specialist, R&D (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 24, 2016
Dow AgroSciences stresses life balance and community involvement
Plenty of opportunity for advancement to accomplish career goals. Relaxed work environment and good benefits.
Great Company
Human Capital Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 23, 2016
Love the work culture. Good HR Practices. Good work life balance for all employees. Happy teams and good projects. Smart coworkers.
It was a nice herbalist experience
Injection (Former Employee) –  Salinas Municipio, PRSeptember 19, 2016
Go to work, had a 12 hour shift most of the days. Management was great and we had a good teamwork. This job requires me to work through long periods of time under sunlight, its a hot environment for long hours. The thing that i like about this job is that i learned the different types of plants and how to treat them with the proper care and chemicals.
Great atmosphere with great people
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 14, 2016
The most enjoyable part about working here is the friendly atmosphere. One of the best organizations in the Indianapolis. It also has a very beautiful campus.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
A bit overwhelming with all the safety procedures.