Dow AgroSciences

Dow AgroSciences United States Employee Reviews

Good Place to work
Technician III Research and Development (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 21, 2015
Good place to start your career. A good place to learn and get your foot in the door and then proceed to advance your career either by staying or moving on to other places.
A great place to work
Environmental Health and Safety Specialist (Former Employee), Portland, ORMarch 20, 2015
Dow is a great place to work and commited to diversity and inclusion though some leaders are segregational in thier behavior.Takes the safety of its employees as top priority.
Great Internship Experience!
Software Development Intern (Former Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: great place to work overall.
I really enjoyed my time working as an intern at Dow Agroscience. I was there for 3 months working with the Software Development group. My intern project involved researching and implementing a centralized logging system for their application servers.

My supervisors were really good about providing all the support I needed, while also taking a hands off approach and giving me a lot of freedom to choose the direction I wanted to take with the project. My typical work day was completely self-driven, and I was solely responsible for managing the various tasks that needed to be addressed in order to meet my project expectations/deadlines.

The company culture at Dow Agrosciences in Portland was very professional, and all my co-workers were very friendly and made me feel welcome from day one.
great job, good hours
Kelly Logistics Technician (Current Employee), Harbor Beach, MIOctober 27, 2014
Ok pay rate, great hours that work well for my family, pleasant co-workers, good environment
Competitive and Highly Acclaimed Scientific Research Company
R&D (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 25, 2014
Pros: continuous learning enviroment
Cons: opportunities not open to everyone
Challenges abound, rewards are plenty. Many opportunities to engage within the organization and participate in discussion with leaders.
Very Scientifically Driven
Quality Assurance GLP Auditor (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 16, 2014
Hard working, very task driven, and results driven environment.
great place to work
Lab Assistant - Contractor for Kelly Services (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 16, 2014
was a contractor, loved working there. I like the Scientist I worked under. Very organized company
Professional Research Environment
Synthetic Organic Chemist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 21, 2014
The way that the leadership of the company is designed around the research and development process provides an ideal environment to conduct research. Since most of the leadership of within R&D is more of a matrix style of organization rather than purely hierarchical, the interaction between groups is more collaborative than competitive. Employees are almost required to utilize the intellectual resources across the organization. Consequently, you find that answers to questions that are outside of your area of expertise are easily aided by others rather than derided. This does mean that working in this environment does require working well with others, and with the expected protocols of the organization (Dow takes safety very seriously).
overall a nice working enviroment
Mobile Application - Lead Developer/Scrum Master (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 27, 2014
Cons: little vacation
This is a world leading chemical company so from an IT specialist perspective, this is a great place to work at, Dow provides lots of opportunities in different functions and businesses, if you have a broad interests this will be a good position. However if you are a hardcore coder, Dow is probably not your top choice, your career path will be limited and at some point you will either have to become a IS architecture or have to switch to other functions.

Overall I recommend this company, the working environment is very friendly and the leadership are open minded and supportive.
fun place to work
Crew Leader (Former Employee), Otterbein, INJune 12, 2014
hard work but the people you work with are good to work with and make the day go by fast. great management
Dedication and hard work required
Health Services Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee), indianapolis, INMay 28, 2014
Management is understanding. However, working as a contractor for the company has its disadvantages.
Fun workplace
Java software engineer /summer intern (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 15, 2014
My co-workers are very nice to me. I learnt a lot from my colleagues, other interns.
Easy work for great pay
DNA Extraction Technician (Former Employee), West Lafayette, INFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: coworkerst, fun job, days went by very quickly
Cons: very little chance of being hired on permanently at dow. most employees are contactors, training
Overall, I really enjoyed my time at Dow AgroSciences, and I was very upset when my position got "eliminated". Of course they did not tell me this until Friday at 4 pm when I got the call from Kelly Services saying my position was eliminated immediately. I was in my car in the parking lot getting ready to leave for the weekend when I got the call. Can't you give someone some notice to find another job?? The management there was all right. Managers in other departments seemed to be a little nicer than my own. Job training has a bit of an issue. My department manager taught me to do one particular process directly and then my lab manager wrote me up because I was doing it the wrong way. I was ignored when I brought this fact up. They would follow you around with a notebook and watch you do tasks. Instead of pointing out things that you could be doing better or a more efficient way, you got hauled into the department managers office and talked to about it a week later. If I am doing something wrong why not tell me then instead of letting me do it wrong for a week?

On the bright side, the work itself was enjoyable. The coworkers are super friendly and very helpful. Insurance is offered through the temp service, albeit mediocre and rather expensive. They were excellent about working with you if you need time off. If I had a chance to work for this employer again, I would jump on it in a heartbeat.
Seasonal worker describes it all.
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee), Ames, IANovember 5, 2013
Typical day at work consisted of doing as asked. My main jobs were shoot bagging, measuring ear heights, row banding, hand harvesting, and shelling corn. I did not learn much and especially as not as much as I would have liked...people did not seem to know how to answer my questions because they were doing as sold by someone above them as well. The hardest part was not learning, and being out in the heat all day with long sleeved shirts and jeans. I enjoyed being around a different aspect of agriculture for once instead of livestock.
Interesting biotech firm
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Fowler, INAugust 26, 2013
Hard hot work. Learned much about corn pollination. Poor job security.
Great work environment, great people, room to grow
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 16, 2013
Pros: free soda, very flexible
Cons: long commute, was an internship
I enjoyed this job. I was treated as an equal, not just an intern. This is a great company. I would enjoy working for them on a permanent basis.
Diverse laboratories with strong safety emphasis.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 29, 2013
Pros: cheap, quality lunches. opportunities for experience.
There is no typical day st work. A DNA lab technician would regularly be asked to take on duties from other labs. State of the art techniques were learned. Management was responsive to difficulties as well as opportunities. Co-workers were competent and encouraging. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with a great number of assignments. These diverse assignments also provided much enjoyment.
Nice place to work
Research (Former Employee), IowaApril 7, 2013
Pros: healthcare
Cons: pressure, stress, feedback always falls upon deaf ears, 21 yrs of work and not once did i hear the boss say good job, or thanks. stay away from this company, dead end road!!!!!!
FSOL (Field station operation leader) always the last person to show up for work 2-3 hrs later. Closed ears, his way only, Had his buddy's who he looked after, even if you did the work. He hated to be proved wrong!!!!!!!!!
Good 'ol boys network
Administrative Leader (Former Employee), Indianapolis IndianaMarch 10, 2013
Pros: many perks, but things but the perks are what one can provide for themselves.
Cons: pressure, stress, feedback always falls upon deaf ears.
The Glass Ceiling hits hard at Dow. May be doing myself a great harm by telling the truth but cannot do anything else.
Excellent Company to work with and for.
Receivable Specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 7, 2013
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: the additional hours needed to successfully complete an assignment.
The beginning of my day at Dow AgroSciences began with preparing my desk for the customer, my expectation of them and preparing whatever activity needed to prepare them for the expected on-time payment for product already shipped.

The collection effort was very soft and learning over 200 customers made learning very different for almost every activity needed for each customer. I worked with project managers regarding terms and billing which lead to my needing to learn payment schedules and reconciliations of various accounts.

The management at Dow AgroSciences was very professional and it eleminated the need for many questions. The expectation was clear and concise. I enjoyed the open door policy given to me to interact with management and departments throughout the organization.

My co-workers managed their accounts in the way that seemed best to them. When there was a need for help or questions, we did not hesitate to support one another. Our professional relationship was healthy and mature.

I requested new projects that were honored but also had to be implemented within the same work hours.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the relationships I built with my customers. My customers and I were loyal to each other and it made my role at Dow AgroSciences a joy.

About Dow AgroSciences

Dow AgroSciences is all about growth -- crop growth to be exact. The Dow Chemical subsidiary operates as part of its parent's – Read more

Dow AgroSciences Salaries