Dow AgroSciences Employee Reviews

Highly advanced. innovative, scientific culture.
Senior Research Technologist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 2, 2016
Each day at Dow AgroSciences was filled with extensive scientific discussions about new innovative methods for research, experimental designs for testing a hypothesis, troubleshooting, and planning the daily tasks. The scientific culture at DAS provided me with great opportunities to learn various cell biology techniques including: Flowcytometer, transformation techniques in numerous agricultural crops, developing various cell cultures, and managing a variety of processes for research.
Pros
Working with highly talented scientists.
Cons
Project limitations for testing innovative ideas.
Productive and innovative work environment
Synthesis Chemist, Kelly Services Contractor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 15, 2016
I work for Kelly Services as a contractor on assignment at Dow AgroSciences. It has been a great learning experience and I have met and worked with some of the brightest minds in science. I am very grateful for their nurturing and supportive ways as I have learned so much over the past few years. However, the benefits and compensation package through Kelly Services is awful. 48 hours PTO for everything from family emergencies to vacation to sick days. That is pretty pathetic. There are no opportunities for bonuses or raises either.
Great work environment and experience
Summer Staff Research Team (Former Employee) –  wayside, MississippiOctober 23, 2015
I learned more about the correct and professional way of to apply herbicides and insecticides while recording data on plant growth and development.
Productive and supportive company
EH&S Specialist (Former Employee) –  PROctober 21, 2015
I have learned and develop my professionals skills in this company. Very strong safety policies and cero injury and incident programs.
Pros
Excellent management comunication
Cons
No opportunity to grow.
Hard work while lenient.
Field Laborer (Former Employee) –  Pullman, WASeptember 11, 2015
Walk fields taking height measurements and disease severities. Watering plants. Driving around eastern Washington to multiple test plots. Sort bags of seeds.
Nice company
Lead Biologist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 30, 2015
Nice company to work with. Good benefits , good people. Continuous improvement culture, collaborative atmosphere. Awesome company to work with.
Pros
Good people. career advancement
Nice place to work
Formulation Process Scientist/Sr. Engineer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 19, 2015
What you learned: Collaborative
co-workers: Nice
hardest part of the Job:time
Lack effective leadership
Pros
collaborative
Cons
Leadership
Very easy job
Seasonal worker (Former Employee) –  Fowler, InAugust 19, 2015
This job was very easy and worth doing. You get at least two breaks a day and they give you free sweet corn. The health care is also very good, because if you are to over heat it the field, they bring you inside where there is air conditioning and you get to eat popsicles until you are able to go back to work.
Pros
Free corn
Cons
Only seasonal
A beautiful place with lots of poor managers
Biologist III (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis,IDMay 29, 2015
It will be a dead end for a talented scientist if he/she does not know how to play with the uncivilized managers.Be prepared for that.
Good culture of employee development
Lead Biologist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 23, 2015
Historically a good company that respects people of different backgrounds. Going through a tough time as they have laid off 500+ people recently.
Pros
Diverse research groups
Cons
Over-emphasis on safety, layoffs
Good Place to work
Technician III Research and Development (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 21, 2015
Good place to start your career. A good place to learn and get your foot in the door and then proceed to advance your career either by staying or moving on to other places.
A great place to work
Environmental Health and Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 20, 2015
Dow is a great place to work and commited to diversity and inclusion though some leaders are segregational in thier behavior.Takes the safety of its employees as top priority.
Great Internship Experience!
Software Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 28, 2015
I really enjoyed my time working as an intern at Dow Agroscience. I was there for 3 months working with the Software Development group. My intern project involved researching and implementing a centralized logging system for their application servers.

My supervisors were really good about providing all the support I needed, while also taking a hands off approach and giving me a lot of freedom to choose the direction I wanted to take with the project. My typical work day was completely self-driven, and I was solely responsible for managing the various tasks that needed to be addressed in order to meet my project expectations/deadlines.

The company culture at Dow Agrosciences in Portland was very professional, and all my co-workers were very friendly and made me feel welcome from day one.
Pros
Great place to work overall.
great job, good hours
Kelly Logistics Technician (Current Employee) –  Harbor Beach, MIOctober 27, 2014
Ok pay rate, great hours that work well for my family, pleasant co-workers, good environment
Competitive and Highly Acclaimed Scientific Research Company
R&D (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 25, 2014
Challenges abound, rewards are plenty. Many opportunities to engage within the organization and participate in discussion with leaders.
Pros
Continuous Learning Enviroment
Cons
Opportunities Not Open to Everyone
Very Scientifically Driven
Quality Assurance GLP Auditor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 16, 2014
Hard working, very task driven, and results driven environment.
great place to work
Lab Assistant - Contractor for Kelly Services (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 16, 2014
was a contractor, loved working there. I like the Scientist I worked under. Very organized company
Professional Research Environment
Synthetic Organic Chemist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 21, 2014
The way that the leadership of the company is designed around the research and development process provides an ideal environment to conduct research. Since most of the leadership of within R&D is more of a matrix style of organization rather than purely hierarchical, the interaction between groups is more collaborative than competitive. Employees are almost required to utilize the intellectual resources across the organization. Consequently, you find that answers to questions that are outside of your area of expertise are easily aided by others rather than derided. This does mean that working in this environment does require working well with others, and with the expected protocols of the organization (Dow takes safety very seriously).
overall a nice working enviroment
Mobile Application - Lead Developer/Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 27, 2014
This is a world leading chemical company so from an IT specialist perspective, this is a great place to work at, Dow provides lots of opportunities in different functions and businesses, if you have a broad interests this will be a good position. However if you are a hardcore coder, Dow is probably not your top choice, your career path will be limited and at some point you will either have to become a IS architecture or have to switch to other functions.

Overall I recommend this company, the working environment is very friendly and the leadership are open minded and supportive.
Cons
little vacation
fun place to work
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Otterbein, INJune 12, 2014
hard work but the people you work with are good to work with and make the day go by fast. great management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dow AgroSciences. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2