Dow Corning Corporation Employee Reviews

Great place and good worl
SEED (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, KYOctober 13, 2017
It is a great place to work. Everyone is focused and nothing is rushed. Everyone there is friendly. it might be hard getting a job there. Their recent buy out by dow means that their new CEO is all about hiring minorities at the expense of everyone else. Good luck getting a job if you white
Pros
clean facilities, freindly atmosphere
Cons
They are very strict about rules. No slack means no slack
Productive and Fun place to work
Safety and Loss Prevention Intern (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, KYOctober 11, 2017
Dow Corning was a very great place to work. The people there are amazing and will help in any way possible. They are a top of the line chemical manufacturing company that know how to work, but also know how to have fun at work. Grea place to work.
Dow Corning - a tough place to work
Application Engineering and Technical Service (Former Employee) –  Midland, MISeptember 26, 2017
Company changed significantly over the 20 years I was employed. What started as a company culture that valued its employees and environment, degraded to a pure profit oriented organization in a constant change of workforce reduction resulting in continuous increase of workload and stress on individual employees. Leadership is a term that is bestowed with the type of degree you have, leaving very few true leaders, most of whom were just holding on for retirement. The pay and benefits are competitive but the culture for most is toxic.
With the buyout by Dow Chemical, the environment has spiraled into an even worse state of constant change with no regard for the expense of employee stability.
ok
Lead Mechanical Design Draftsperson (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYSeptember 14, 2017
Great place to work. Learned many disciplines including electrical, civil. mechanical. architectural and piping and instrument design. recommend this company to anyone, but they are picky. They hire only the best. Good management that does listen to the employee.
Pros
great place to practice engineering
Cons
can be stressful to people with low work ethic.
Love it here
Administrative College Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Midland, MISeptember 13, 2017
Loved working here, everyone is nice and welcoming. You learn a lot and do several things as a team. Everyone wants to see you advance so you have constant help.
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, KYAugust 29, 2017
This company is very detail oriented and procedure oriented. They are very good to work for but be aware that they are very bound to procedure. If you do not like environments with heavier procedural requirements this may not be a great fit. Otherwise this company is very fair, promotes & hires from within and focuses on proper compensation.
Pros
complex procedures
Cons
benefits, management
nicde place to work
Production Worker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hemlock, MIAugust 16, 2017
If you know someone to get into Dow you are lucky. I got in as a temp and even though I was more qualified than most people there I could NOT get hired.
Pros
breaks were long
Cons
pay low for contract work hours were long
Inexperienced managers
HR Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIMay 16, 2017
Co-workers are rude too many cliques like being in high school, manager do not step up and take action. I wish I had not wasted 17 years at a company to be pushed out the door.
Pros
Cons
overworked let people go and do not replace with another worker
Very laid back work environment with great people to help out all the time
Chemical Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 9, 2017
I love working at Dow Corning and if I could Id stay there until retirement. The hardest part of the job is not knowing what you're coming into each day and that is also one of the things that I love about it. It keeps things fresh and new everyday.
Good work/life balance
Sr Admin Asst to VP E&C and Global Security (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIJanuary 15, 2017
Dow Corning Corporation has a good work/life balance atmosphere for working mothers. Most of the managers I had were very understanding of a flexible work week.
Advancement is reducing
Support Operator (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MIDecember 2, 2016
Auburn site for 3 years and the amount of advancement from production is non-existent. The changes being made by management is creating lower salaries and lower chance to advance. Do not expect to advance from an operator to any other position than a slightly better paid operator.
Pros
Decent pay for the experience required.
Cons
Managers do not look out for employees.
Great benefits but no room to advance
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Midland, MINovember 2, 2016
I have spent the last 9 years working at Dow Corning as a Loss Prevention Officer. During this time I have been given many training and educational opportunities and have been a large knowledge base on health and safety standards along with emergency response techniques and tactics. Compensation has been a very positive side to working for this company. Good pay and excellent benefits. The work life balance has been a struggle however as I have been on a rotating twelve hour shift for my entire career and it has taken a toll on me and my family. I hope to continue my knowledge advancement and bring my experience to the benefit of others through my personal commitment to safety.
Mind-sapping stress-filled management "cluster"
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIMay 12, 2016
For my 23 year sentence I was bombarded weekly with the corporate propaganda, " Our people are our greatest asset". Plain bull! This company will take the strongest dedicated employee and squeeze them to a dry husk. Your best efforts are rewarded with demands to ' do more with less'. This firm has been crying 'we ain't got no money' for so long, they use it as their strategy! Do yourself a favor and seek another career path.
Cons
Two-to-one ratio supervisor/worker
Great Team Atmosphere
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIDecember 7, 2015
Everybody helps everybody. There was a great family like atmosphere within the company. The company was very flexible, and offered great benefits.
safe and secure place to work
Environmental Health Safety and Security (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, KYSeptember 23, 2015
very clean facility and continuous production. plenty of room for growth and ways to move up in the company. It was an honor to work for this corporation.
Pros
great staff
Cons
non
Passionate people passionate about our products
HSC Talent Acquisition Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, MISeptember 5, 2015
Dow Corning is an incredible place to work, where everyday you interact with passionate people who are passionate about the product and technology.
Awesome Experience
Oracle DBA (Former Employee) –  Midland, MISeptember 2, 2015
I work remotely so I haven't been able to see the company at its full potential but what I do know is almost every employee is happy with their career.
No room for advancement
Chemical Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MIJune 16, 2015
Management doesn't respect the workers. There is no program for advancement. Experience not respected. Advancement based on "who you know, not what you know"
Pros
Cons
Too many too list
Vast knowledge in silicone technolgy
Material Scientist III/Project Leader Asia Pacific (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIMarch 15, 2015
awesome place to learn and get expose to the silicone technology. The amount of technology learned and developed new technology from it. Good culture on preserving the past knowledge and pass it on to new members so that no reinventing but only new invention.
Developed many products to market, part of a good team.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland Plant, Corporate Site, Freeland, AuburnJanuary 21, 2015
Typical day at work, testing, test development, logbook care, data reporting, report writing, work planning, sample care, safety, lab maintenance, equipment care...

learned to be part of a team working on a common goal, mainly to develop product and improvements

Sometimes the best part of the job is the people you work with and the knowledge share.

Hardest part of the job, is to show improvements through testing, and to troubleshoot through problems needing solving.
Pros
Vacation, Health Care
Cons
Research takes time to develop results

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dow Corning Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Dow Corning Corporation Reviews by Location