Dow Corning Corporation

Dow Corning Corporation Employer Reviews

Great Company
Market Supply Co-op (Current Employee), Auburn, MIJuly 28, 2014
Dow Corning is a wonderful place to work and the employees truly care about what they do. There is a lot of room to move up within the company.
Good company to work for, with opportunities to advance, and has a good work life balance program
Project Manager (Former Employee), Midland MIApril 29, 2014
Pros: on site cafe', on site fitness center
Cons: badging in and out of the place. it's like fort knox!
When you make the move from hourly to salary and are exempt, then your work life changes. You're not tied to the desk for certain hours of the day, but expected to get the job done no matter when you work on it. You will learn a lot about safety in this company!

The hardest part of this job is trying to stay out of the corporate politics, because this – more... is where the "tell it like it is" guys like me are too rough around the edges.

The most enjoyable part of my career here has been the opportunity to help so many people achieve their goals and help customers accomplish theirs with my support. It always feels good to help out your customers. – less
Well compensated
Operator (Current Employee), Auburn, MIApril 15, 2014
Not great for advancement unless you know the right people, have found it hard to advance even with a degree and several years experience.
Excessive work loads unable to complete tasks
Senior Inspector / Site NDT ASNT Level III (Former Employee), Midland, MIApril 1, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: long drive to and from work each day
1). Typical work day was 9 to 10 hours on site with computer work at home on weekends.
2). Was able to obtain ASNT Level III's in MT, PT, VT. Over the years was able to gain a tremendous amount of knowledge of pressure vessels, piping, and welding.
3). The manage was good to work for.
4). The Mechanical Integrity Department staff was a close net group – more... of people which all got along great.
5). Climbing Distillation columns.
6). Problem solving issues and being part of a team to make repairs in a timely fashion in order to get equipment running again. – less
Contract employee - Analytical Chemist
Analytical Chemist (Former Employee), Midland, MIJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: good working conditions
Cons: contract employee
Studied air samples via gas chromatography in corporate safety/industrial hygiene lab. Held cradle-to-grave responsibility.
Was a great place to work, recent layoffs and decisions have changed the culture.
Building Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee), Midland, MINovember 5, 2013
Pros: 980 work schedule, great benefits, free workout facility.
Cons: long work days, no job security.
Plan production for a production building.
Manage inventory levels.
Great co-workers
Fun place to work
Associate Process Engineer (Former Employee), Midland, MIOctober 30, 2013
co-workers are nice, and always willing to help. Many opportunities in the company, but you sometimes have to stay in a position longer than you want before you are able to move.
Excellent company to work for but diminished culture.
Real Estate and Facility Management support staff (Former Employee), Auburn, MIOctober 11, 2013
Pros: excellent colleagues, employee benefits, and career development opportunities.
Cons: uncertainty
Dow Corning is an anchor company of mid-Michigan. The corporation has premium offerings for customers, business partners, and suppliers.......most of all it's new-found service providers. There is much uncertainty in this company as they pursue a leadership-driven lean cost structure. Enterprise leadership continues to recruit external staff to lead – more... outsourcing initiatives known as 'service excellence.' It begs a question of whether the million dollar planning consultants for service excellence are really worth it. All the money spent to plan and implement service excellence must surely wash out its cost savings. – less
Nice place to work, company culture is changing.
Support (Current Employee), Midland, MISeptember 1, 2013
Dow Corning was a nice place to work. The company culture is changing and they are slowly loosing their sense of commitment to their employees.
Great opportunity.
Associate Tax Analyst - Tax Department (Current Employee), Midland, MIJuly 29, 2013
I gained a lot of great skills and experience. I got to interact with employees at all levels. It really helped me build my skills.
Cooperation and Synergy
Silane Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Hemlock, MIJune 3, 2013
Pros: great benefits and worklife environment
Cons: susceptible to market commodity and specialty chemical market ups and downs
The best thing about my job is not only do I work for a world class organization, but the people are the most supportive and energizing I've ever come across in over 25 yrs working in this field and others. It is a promote from within bottom up and top down synergistic environment that not only promotes the individual, but also the team.

July 9, 2013

I don't live in US, I live in India.So, can i get internship in Dow Corning Corporation.

Dow Corning
Senior Research Chemist (Current Employee), Midland, MIMay 25, 2013
Dow Corning has been an excellent place to work. I have had the opportunity to work in a variety of technologies that have required multidisciplinary approaches and has taken me beyond chemistry. The opportunities that the company has provided has expanded my capabilities and provided strengthened confidence in myself as a scientist.
Shifting Company Culture
Commercialization Project Leader (Current Employee), Freeland, MIApril 25, 2013
Overestimates by high-level managers have steered the company into an iceberg.
Co-workers are great but high-level managers need to look in the mirror.
Good benefits
Global Project Leader (Former Employee), Midland, MIMarch 11, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Dow Corning allows for flexible working hours; I worked a 7 to 4 schedule with a half hour lunch. Most of my day involved several meetings, answering email, and making phone calls. Being the company has a global presence I learned a great deal about working with other countries which was critical to success.
Has recently undergone a culture change.
Marketing Communications Coordinator/Specialist (Former Employee), Midland, MIMarch 8, 2013
Dow Corning has recently undergone a culture change and is more closely aligned to The Dow Chemical Company culture.
Great working Experience
Associate Research Scientist, Group Leader (Former Employee), Midland, MIMarch 8, 2013
Pros: diversity of opportunities to do different things
Cons: lost some of its people caring skills, which is what first attracted me to the company.
The was a rewarding career. I felt valued for most of my career.
Great company but parts are unorganized and stressful
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee), Midland, MIMarch 3, 2013
Good company overall to work for - great salary and benefits, flexible work schedules, typically good job security, definitely room for advancement. Manufacturing roles at the Midland plant, however, are very stressful and the plant structure is outdated and unorganized.
Flexible career paths tailored to your strengths
Global Market Manager (Former Employee), Midland, MIMarch 2, 2013
Dow Corning is the global leader in silicon-based technology.
Chemical company that embraces safety and quality
New Business Market Development Specialist (Former Employee), Midland, MIFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: the people are excellent and collaboration is encouraged.
A great place to work. Strong encouragement for women to advance careers.
Science driven specialty chemical company
Commercialization Excellence Project Leader (Former Employee), Midland, MIFebruary 25, 2013
Excellent work-life balance in a global focused company, although current culture is changing due to cost pressures. Advancement paths while defined not necessarily linked to clear deliverables.