Dow Jones

Dow Jones Employer Reviews

The best of all Companies I worked for it was so Great! Ilove their Conservative attitude, Tradition, Prestige, Honor
Staff Accountant-General Accounting Department (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJune 24, 2014
Pros: the best of the wall street companies
Cons: was in princeton new jersey, it would take 1 hr w/o traffic to get there and back from home in union cityi
Working for Dow Jones was one of the best things that happened in my lifwe. I learned so much its incredible. They taught me how to think on my feet as if I was an army of one. You were on your own but there was mentors. I just loved it so much. every day was new and exciting. you would not know what was coming so you had to be ready for anything. one – more... thing that stands out the most is time management. I learned how to use my time wisely. time is golden. like forest Gump said: Life is like a box of chocolate you never know what you are going to get! this is what describes this company. The Wall Street Culture. I would like to thank all those indviduals who picked me to work for Dow Jones after Graduating from Saint Peter's University. THere were many candidates from my school and others including IVY Leage schools. I was so Happy: I thank you all for the opportunity that was given to me. THats why I would like to give others opportunity to work for my company. Espinal Business DServices, L.L..C. I learned the fundamentals of the stock market, and how they pick the 10 bluechip stocks for the DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL AVERAGE> WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Loved this company. I rfecomend it to anyone. – less
A Good Experience, But Not A Complete One
Senior User Experience Architect (Current Employee), North Brunswick, NJMay 24, 2014
Pros: benefits, compensation, work/life balance
Cons: leadership, strategic engagement, culture, communication
A fine company, but not one I'd recommend if you want strategic engagement in the work one does.
Productive work place, relaxed culture
Sale Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 23, 2014
Slow to promote top performers and slow bureaucratic processes. Great management. Great opportunity to learn financial industry.
Lead Clerk/Supervisor, February (Former Employee), New York, New YorkMay 8, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
A mice environment to work, a very non-social environment. More work then play. Learned to be a better leader and supervise other employees. The most enjoyable thing of the job was closing.
Great place to design allowing your work to be published globally for all media/print/digital
ART DIRECTOR, CONSUMER MEDIA GROUP (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 8, 2014
Provider of newspapers, newswires, websites, apps, magazines, proprietary databases, conferences and more, with premier brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, WSJMoney, and WSJD.
Great place for growth
Customer Service (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 8, 2014
Dow Jones is indeed a great place for growth and advancement.
Network technician.
network technician (Former Employee), Princeton, NJMarch 22, 2014
Got lots of good training and experience, but didn't care for constantly changing shifts.
A rewarding, skillful environment
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Township of South Brunswick, NJMarch 13, 2014
The atmosphere was pleasant, serene yet full of productive employees working in teams to accomplish a common goal.

I worked closely with the office manager and directors within my department. My duties included word processing, daily office operations; setting up reservations and corporate meetings and welcoming guests. The hardest part of the job – more... was leaving work at the end of the day when there was still work to be completed. I felt I have contributed to the company by delivering my best work on time each day.

Working at Dow Jones I've gained a high level of professionalism, effective communication skills both verbal and written and tremendous respect for the hard work contributed each day. – less
Good Place to Work
News Assistant II (Former Employee), Township of South Brunswick, NJMarch 11, 2014
It was an interesting place to work. Learning about the stock market was good. The people there were good to work with. The managenment at that time was very supportive.
Conducted data analysis working on their Factiva Database
Research Intern (Former Employee), London, UKFebruary 28, 2014
As a research intern, I was on a team with other interns, where we analyzed the entries in the Factiva Database an edited them to allow the database to run smoother. Additionally I worked briefly on the Connotate Database, where I worked on a social media platform.
Enjoyed working for Dow Jones
Application Developer/Architect Consultant (Former Employee), Monmouth Junction, NJFebruary 15, 2014
Most days at work were a mix of troubleshooting and development unless I was on a project with an immediate deadline. Overall I enjoyed working at Dow Jones. It was a good group of people to work with.
Credit Evaluation and Collection Manager (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: good compensation packages/name recognition
Cons: depending on the job, the time required can be exsorbitant
Dow Jones is in the front of the industry in providing quality news that can be trusted. It is a dynamic place to work, where one can benefit from experience in a wide variety of fields.
Good first job after college but no real career advancement.
Research Associate (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: free breakfast snacks on mondays & fridays, flexible hours & good work/life balance.
Cons: no career advancement, pay is low relative to job responsibilities, pay is low compared to average research associate salary & high turnover.
A good job after college to get your toes wet in the financial services industry. My coworkers in the department are those who finished school within the last four years and therefore I was able relate to them. My direct managers were very helpful. However, being able to advance your career in the department and the company is hard to do; it will take – more... you awhile to get anywhere and the pay is low relative to the job responsibilities. Thus, turnover is high in my department and I don't know if changes will be made anytime soon to combat this issue. – less
Brief Review of Dow Jones
MAJOR ACCOUNTS MANAGER (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 13, 2013
Pros: free subscription to the wsj, great benefits, laid back environment
Cons: lots of turnover from what i could see.
Great organizaion, but not the ideal position within the company.
Comfortable like a startup but with Resources to move forward
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), New YorkNovember 10, 2013
I supported 5 executives with calendar mgt, travel and expenses. The culture was very open door and room for growth.
Prestigious company
Software Engineering Manager (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJOctober 5, 2013
Pros: free wall street journal, free courses, free education
This is an excellent company to work with. Great and rich environment promoting knowledge and development among employees
Very nice perks
Accounting Analyst (Current Employee), Princeton, NJSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: very good gym classes onsite, generous pto, large cafeteria
Cons: frequent management changes
Company has very nice perks like generous vacation time, good insurance and gym onsite. Currently there has been a lot of changes within the compnay itself and the parent company. A lot of changes in management and initiatives which resulted in a lot of restructuring. While it is a great company, it is very unstable at the moment.
Productive and fun working environment with snack bar
Client Service Summer Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 25, 2013
ŸI took a leader role in seven internal consulting projects including retention-solutions and operations, competitive analysis, new
product roll out process and wiki migration; coordinate closely with technology, marketing, and sales departments

ŸI delivered well-received recommendation-based presentations company wide; compiled a 20-page social media – more... report

ŸI designed a digital app to track Wall Street Journal delivery and offer solutions, estimated to reduce cancellation rate by 5% – less
Great Stepping Stone into the Real World
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Chicopee, MASeptember 17, 2013
Very supportive and helpful group of people to work for. I enjoyed my job.
Solid Company but slightly directionless
Product Development Manager (Former Employee), Princeton, NJSeptember 16, 2013
Because it's Dow Jones, there's a lot of opportunity but leadership was still kind of directionless on how to grow their marketshare with such a disparate product offering.

1 2 3 4

About Dow Jones

This company covers the news from Wall Street to Main Street. Dow Jones & Company is a leading provider of news and information – Read more