Dow Jones Employee Reviews

World-class
SOUTHWESTERN REGIONAL SALES MGR (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 29, 2018
Awesome experience working for a great brand. Enjoyed opportunities for growth surrounded by high quality individuals. Culture, and leadership were filled with passion, curiosity and a clear sense of objectives.
Draining place to work
Assoicate (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 22, 2018
promotions are based on relationships/friendships.
the same people get promoted and its not because they are the most hardworking either.

management throws holiday parties for themselves and then give employees the leftovers by putting the food in the middle of the room.

sexist culture.
Pros
Pto
Cons
you dont matter.
A great place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2018
Dow Jones is a great place to work, is flexible and has good benefits. Management is visible and work side-by-side with employees. I was able to take advantage of their flexible hours while raising my children.
Pros
Dow Jones works with their employees.
Collaborative environment with humor
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2018
I enjoyed my six month internship here; the boss was hilarious but restpectful, and the coworkers were easy to get along with. I filed newspapers and books at Dow Jones, and I was deeply involved in teamwork.
This was an marketing experiment with The Wall Street Journal.
Southeast Regional Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2018
This an interesting experiment. We were all senior sales managers and we introduced a specialized web-based version of the Journal to the Fortune 500.
Pros
It was an adventure
Cons
The experiment was not terribly successful.
N/a
Employee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2018
no room for growth, alot of management changes and comp and benefits were not street standard. Few options to move into new roles and opportunities as well as little to no training.
Desktop Refresh
Desktop IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJJanuary 2, 2018
Even though I was only there for a few months, it was a great experience to work for Dow Jones. It was a enterprise corporation and the work culture there was surreal. Its pretty amazing to work for a news media corp, and you get to see what really goes on there. I would gladly work for this company again if they hired me.
Pros
free coffee and tea, very relaxed workplace
Cons
it was a contract position
Know What You Want
Associate (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJDecember 30, 2017
Push for what you want.. Many times opportunities will not be be handed to you and you will need to make an effort to have management know you are hungry for more. If you do not speak up then you will be overlooked.
Place had changed
Director, Marketing Communications (Former Employee) –  New York, NY and Princeton, NJDecember 27, 2017
Global exposure, interesting product line up, technology drives business, management can be highly political. Great opportunities to create your own personal brand. Most enjoyable part of job is that as a contributor, you can really make an impact.
Pros
smart employees
Cons
Fickle senior management
Very nice place. Very friendly people
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 11, 2017
Dow Jones was a great place to work. A day at work was always nice. The people were friendly. We had fun while working hard to accomplish goals. Managers were always on top of things and pushing you to work hard, but never micro managing. The hardest was at the end of the year getting out the mass mailing, but fun because we had so many partners that were satisfied with the service we were giving them. If not for the out sourcing of my duties, I'd still be there.
Pros
Working for a growing company.
Cons
None applicable
Good experience, but the supervisor did not help
News Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2017
Learned a lot and think I have become a better researcher and worker, but the supervisor was very difficult to work with, which is a shame since I wanted to do more for the company. Although it was ultimately not the best fit, working there was worthwhile since I was able to gain a stronger set of skills with respect to finding info and figuring out the facts.
Fast paced, but fun, lots of energy in an environment of intelligent people
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 18, 2017
At Dow Jones Indexes, we started as a Domestic Business Unit, but eventually moved to become Dow Jones Global Indexes, that meant our sales team grew, as well as my knowledge of various cultures (England, France, Spain, China, Germany, Singapore, Australia, Hong Kong and Japan). We created offices in each of these countries. This meant that I brought work home at night so I had a home office where I could work remotely, which was good for the company.
Pros
Learned to build a brand, A start-up, A new revenue unit within a large corporation
Cons
long hours, without overtime
Fantastic Corporate Structure
Executive Assistant/Profiles Editor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2017
The best experience ever! The executive officers are the best in the industry. Supportive management with an astounding employee staff. It is very surprising when an employee wants to leave the Dow Jones corporate structure. The company offers a great return policy for some employees.
Pros
Great for employees with families!
Cons
Sorry guys, I worked for a great team.
Worst Experience
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 30, 2017
Worst management ever. You need to know people in order to advance. There is a lot of favoritism. There is not room to grow within the company. Management only knows how to tell you what is being done wrong but never a solution to the problem. Huge in micromanaging. Not a very friendly environment.
Pros
Benefits, 401k
Cons
No room for growth, micromanage, stressful
Nice place to work
Institutional Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2017
Dow Jones went through a transition when I was there. I came in with a new CEO who was asked to leave within 2 years. As he was fired so were the people he brought in.
Legacy Mindset
Manager of Product Development (Former Employee) –  Township of South Brunswick, NJAugust 16, 2017
Many of the IT Leaders struggle with change. Each new product and project required many hours of negotiations to make change. Often, leaders delayed
Fantastic employer
Senior Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 13, 2017
Great environment, benefits, competitive pay. Dow Jones is a fantastic firm for employees providing an exciting learning experience and room for growth.
Pros
Compensation
Excellent Environment / Subject to Layoffs
Data Architect (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 29, 2017
Highly reputable firm, excellent work environment. Easy to feel at home. Princeton campus is beautiful. Good CTO.
Catch: advertising revenue keeps going down resulting in periodic layoffs.
Pros
campus, cafeteria, work life balance
Cons
periodic layoffs
Productive competitive sophisticated energetic
Technical Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAJuly 12, 2017
Challenging environment. State of the arts technically . Intellectual culture . Innovative management style. Dynamic environment. Pay
commensurate with experience and productivity
Pros
Great benefits Mentally stimulating
Cons
Management vs union
If you like cubicles...
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 10, 2017
Just put your head down and work. Management lies and makes you feel as if you and your team are secure but in reality they lay off 2500 people the next week. Careful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dow Jones. Our community is ready to answer.