Professionally create, organize, document and operate a state-of-the-art set of physical and virtual servers - leveraging already contracted outsourced data center facilities for a downtown Palo Alto start-up development team. Excellent work environment and location.
Well-funded mobile banking start-up has just one hands-on IT staff member currently - but he works remotely. The firm needs a hands-on compliment on site in with organizational, documentation and communication skills as well as full end-to-end server and client IT support skills to assure business success, scale-ability and continuity.
Servers are Apache, Java, Open Source, etc. Desktop Clients are mostly Windows. Some are on Macs.
We have multiple server-to-server connection points with partners around the world to support.
Rapid decision and hire possible. Major product launch in 3 months.
Bonus: have strong background in compliance, security, financial industry.
- Managing, maintaining, and monitoring the company’s operation and engineering environment, including production servers and servers that provide the engineering build and source code environments.
- Deploy and configure our Production, Integration, QA, and build environments with Apache, JBoss, Postgres, Jenkins or Hudson
- Perform analysis, acquisition, installation, maintenance, and upgrade of Linux servers
- Provide guidance and recommendations on architectural changes and design enhancements to the infrastructure to improve reliability and performance, and anticipate company growth
- Design and deploy best practices regarding network and system security, system monitoring, change control, service level agreements, and assist in the company’s creation of infrastructure policies and standards
- Will also assist in maintenance of internal Windows desktops/laptops as needed
- 8-10 years of Linux system administration
- 5+ years of Windows system administration
- Experience with deployment and release of SaaS platform and products, and managing day-to-day operational issues
- Experience with setup and configuration of databases and web application servers
- Experience with performance tuning and capacity planning of servers
- Ability to write perl and shell scripts, as well as sql queries
- Working knowledge of various systems security practices with a demonstrated ability to implement them (PCI-DSS and SAS70 type 2 experience a big plus)
- Ability to interface with other teams in the organization and provide guidance and recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple problems and issues with minimal supervision
- Excellent teamwork skills
- A teamwork approach to work, but the ability to act independently to solve problems when necessary
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Opportunity to build applications that will be used globally by millions
- Collaborative, supportive team environment
- Competitive pay and an outstanding benefits package
- Ground-floor opportunity, with plenty of room for growth, in a fast-growing company