Doylestown Hospital

Doylestown Hospital Employer Reviews

p
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Doylestown, PAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: not best to be promoted
Great place to work, hard to be promoted especially when you are nursing student.
first clinical experience
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Doylestown, PAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: clean hospital
Cons: bad professor
the hardest part for me was to care for C-diff patient with stinky diarrhea.
Great Place to Work
Human Resources Employee Benefits Assistant (Former Employee), Doylestown, PAMay 6, 2014
Great place to work. The culture was great the employees and fellow HR staff was great to work with.
RN (Current Employee), Doylestown, PAFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: strong coworkers
Cons: poor ability to change shifts
Close knit community hospital with advanced cardiac care. Great Doctors to work with and friendly management.
work with good people
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Doylestown, PASeptember 17, 2013
i learned the real process in cleaning
the drive to work
going home
work with great people
Terrible management!!!
Admin Asst (Former Employee), Doylestown, PAAugust 21, 2013
Pros: discounted lunch i guess
Cons: pay, benefits, management
Doylestown Hospital is NOT ago of place to work! Horrible management team and unless you are part of the "in" clique you have zero chance for advancement.

Pay is low - they claim they "benchmark" but against who I can't imagine! Run - do not walk - from any job offer at this place.

Here is a clue - when I type the name of the hospital it changes it – more... to "foulest own" - how appropriate! – less
Typical day was never knowing what to expect when you got there.
Administrative Assistant Rehab (Former Employee), Doylestown, PAJuly 29, 2013
Pros: discount on movie tickets, inside sales of uniforms, discounted lunches.
My day at work was always busy and very productive. I learned how to enter data base, schedule surgery and doctors appointments.
Making new charts for patients, spread sheets.
My co workers were very patient in my learning process, my supervisor was very kind and considerate.
Hardest part of my job was trying to learn about two different departments – more... at one time.
The most enjoyable part of the job, was greeting the patients and making sure they got their needs met with 100% satisfaction . – less
Being a part of the Dietary needs of patient's is an important part of their general wellbeing.
assist patients (Former Employee), Doylestown, PAJuly 16, 2013
A day at work starts early and can be very busy all day. I learned that you must be quick and adaptable to new tasks. Management and supervisors are an important of the chain of command. Working well with co-workers is a vital part of meeting patient goals. The best part of the job is being able to make a difference for the patients and their family.
Doylestown Hopsital
MRI Technologist Assistant (Current Employee), Doylestown, PAMay 22, 2013
Pros: atmosphere
Cons: pay
Working for Doylestown Hospital has been a complete joy. I love going into work and doing what I do. However, now I want to do X-ray. My co-workers are great, for the most part. Some lazier than others, however I don't mind picking up the slack. I enjoy working. Hardest part of the job is when we have a lot of patients and only a little amount of time. – more... Most enjoyable part is talking, relating, and comforting out patients. – less
RCIS student clinical rotation in cardiac catheterization laboratory
Student Clinical Rotation (Current Employee), Doylestown, PAMay 2, 2013
I have spent the past five months working as an RCIS in the cardiac cath lab at Doylestown Hospital for my clinical rotation prior to graduation from Gwynedd-Mercy College. I have recorded, monitored, circulated and scrubbed diagnostic and interventional procedures utilizing such techniques as angioplasty, stenting, and peripheral procedures. I have – more... used such equipment as Volcano FFR wire and the IVUS system to evaluate vessel occlusions. I have learned such skills as accurately recognizing arrythmias and hemodynamic normal/abnormal responses. I have learned the importance of communication skills and teamwork during a procedure in the lab. The most enjoyable part of my job is providing care for the patients and sending them home with good news after a successful procedure. Doylestown Hospital is made up of the utmost professional staff who goes above and beyond for optimal patient care. They treat the patients with the utmost respect while building rapport with them and making them feel as comfortable as possible. It is a great place to work. If a family member or I personally had to undergo any cardiac procedure, I would prefer they go to Doylestown Hospital. – less
People-oriented, positive atmosphere
Registrar (Current Employee), Doylestown, PAJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: kind co-workers
Cons: repetitive work days
Learned a great deal about the medical field, including benefit information, coding, and various radiology tests.

Encounters with patients ranging from pediatrics to geriatrics of various backgrounds and capabilities.

Hardest aspect is having to work with non-compliant patients in an efficient manner.
Fast paced with pleasant customers
Cashier/Hostess (Former Employee), Doylestown PAJanuary 11, 2013
Being a hostess was a very fast paced job. It involved walking to and from patients rooms delivering meals, collecting trays, and taking orders for meals. The medical staff was very nice and helpful.

As a cashier I cleaned the tables, salad bar, drink stations, and condiment area, and floor as well as ringing up orders and stocking everything, so it – more... was a very busy job. – less
good experience
volunteer (Former Employee), Doylestown, PAOctober 10, 2012
When I worked at the hospital I worked in the marketing department helping out with data entry and other basic stuff... it was only for couple months during my summer break before i went back to school. my boss was a great lady she was very nice to me. I learned some aspects of marketing...
A place that u can work with nic people n have a very nice day helpin people.
Housekeeping Aid (Former Employee), Doylestown,PaSeptember 27, 2012
fillin safe n learned alot about the hole hospital thing.I love helpin people any kind of way.Also my boss came up to me and said that a man what his wife said about me.He said "I should be a doc".
They need to get with it!
Employed there (Current Employee), DoylestownSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: coffee cart at the front of the hospital, free parking
Cons: everything else
High falutant management supported by staff that can hardly get through the day. The management of this hospital is their biggest problem! And it's gossip central. I come to work to "work" not to hear gossip and rumors about everyone else. Hospital needs an overhaul from head to toe.
No Desire to Grow in Health Care
Previous Employee (Former Employee), Clinical serviceSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: pretty campus
Cons: poor management, lack of employee training, poorly trained clinical staff
Its great that so many folks who work at this hospital have been there for a long time but they are stale and set in their ways. Still using systems from many years ago that are outdated. No one wants to train to learn what's new they are very happy using old techniques when so many advancements in medicine happen almost every day. The "my way or the – more... highway" mentality is the style of most managers who are poorly if at all, trained. Clinical teams have weak skillsets. Systems and equipment are old and outdated. The hospital sure does look pretty though to me that's their primary concern - not their employees or their patients. – less
Beautiful Campus-low pay-poor managment!
Current Employee (Current Employee), Doylestown, PAAugust 31, 2012
Pros: nice campus
Cons: poor management and low pay
Some Managers have been their 30 years and these people are not innovative and are stuck in "this is the way we always have done it mentality". Also, most of the managers have little or no managment skills, yet they walk around with an air of superiority. All of the great people leave because of the low pay, strict rules, and lousy managers. I will – more... say the hospital is beautiful and they have a nice cafeteria, but as for most of the staffing --you get mediocrity.

I am currently searching to go elsewhere and I know of several other colleagues that are doing the same! – less
Looks Good On The Outside
Previous Employee (Former Employee), Patient CareJuly 30, 2012
Poor management with no tact or business acumen. Clearly way behind the times in all areas but mostly clinically. Most employees have little training and low skill level. Management uses threats and bully tactics because they obviously have no management skills or training. Pretty hospital, they want everything to "look good". Would never bring a family – more... member here. – less
Lovely atmosphere, great patient population, competent physicians
Cardiac/Vascular Nurse (Current Employee), Doylestown, PAJune 29, 2012
Cons: short breaks
I love working at Doylestown Hospital where I have been since 1993. Our cardiology department is the shining star with nurses and physicians communicating like family. Hardest part of my job as an IVU nurse is the rapid patient turnover with some days difficult to take a lunch break. My co-workers work as a team which makes my job very enjoyable.

Note: – more... I am moving to Port Charlotte, Fla which is why I have posted my resume for that area. – less
looks good from the outside
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee), Doylestown, PAMay 24, 2012
THe management sucks, everyone here hate's thier job and is miserable.

About Doylestown Hospital

It takes a village to own a hospital, and Doylestown Hospital is owned by the local women's civic organization Village Improvement – Read more