Doylestown Hospital Employee Reviews

Not a great place to work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Visiting nurseNovember 5, 2017
Very stressful place to work. You constantly have to cover your tracks. Management careless about the employees. This company has a very high turnover rate all because of poor management.
Pros
Non
Cons
Low pay
enjoyable and competent staff to work with
Director of rehab services (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAOctober 29, 2017
Having worked previously as a Director of Rehab services at Warminster hospital I was used to arriving at work before all staff and staying late for administrative tasks, policies and procedure revision and staff yearly reviews. I did that for 11 years so i was quite used to the schedule. Much to the dismay of my superiors there I insisted to treat patients throughout the day for my own pleasure but to observe my staff working with other staff, patients and their families.
This necessarily carried over to my work ethics at Doylestown Hospital.
I further my skills at leadership management which was introduced to me at my previous job at Warminster. I was fortunate to have the opportunity to have an 8 full day course on management and leadership. I poled my staff who stated that I had positively changed status post the course. I was awarded employee of the month for 2005 and ultimately employee of the year for the same.
Patient care was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
multiple staff inservices
Cons
some of the ever changing personalities throughout the house
Over worked, underpaid, high Turnover, always short staffed
Housekeeping Aide (Current Employee) –  Enviromental ServicesOctober 20, 2017
I been in the housekeeping for almost 2 years. I really like the people in all the offices I clean. They have been friendly, kind, and very supportive. This job I would not recommend to anyone. It is hard work which I don't mind doing.but being a hard working good employee is not appreciated by management. All the time you are over worked and overwhelmed because you are not just doing your area or job. You are doing the work of two or three other people because we are always short staffed and high turnover. Constantly stressed, lousy pay, some lazy coworkers who hide or have ear phones plugged in their ears..the hard working housekeeping aides are frustrated, over worked, tired and stressed out. No appreciation, no bonuses no decent cost of living raises , struggling to make ends meet.Management does not care about their employees who have good WORK ETHICS!!!

I would not recommend. EVS AND HOUSEKEEPING ...LOOK FOR A BETTER JOB WHERE THEY WOULD APPRECIATE YOU!
Pros
Good people, I appreciate and like most of my coworkers
Cons
Over work, under staffed, lousy pay, Sodexo sucks
Very Nice Place to work
Electronic Medical Records Technician (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAOctober 12, 2017
Doylestown Hospital's medical records department is a great place to work. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Working there was a pleasure. The only downside is that the pay is a bit on the lower end.
Nice people good place
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAOctober 9, 2017
Great place to work however better salary elsewhere. Management is very good and very accommodating to your needs and schedule. Work place environment is very calming and very busy
clients are nice to work for
Desktop support technician (hardware/software) (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PASeptember 20, 2017
I had a great time working with the individual practice managers and physicians however there was a serious lack of communication, management, and proper compensation.
RN Home Care
Visiting Nurse; Home Care (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PASeptember 3, 2017
Great patients, great pay, flexible hours and team communication. Hardest part of this position was getting used to the computer system and the toll it has taken on my car. No other cons!
Not a bad job, but didn't pay well
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAAugust 31, 2017
I enjoyed coming to work, most people were very nice. For the amount of work given to housekeepers, it wasn't wroth it. A lot of times employees were given the job of 2 to 3 people. All to save money on hiring.
Its an okay place to work and gain skills
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAAugust 9, 2017
It was not too difficult to obtain an interview and the position. The floor I work on has a very high patient turnover which can make for very stressful shifts. I typically get 4-6 patients and always getting admissions especially at change of shift. My co-workers are great for the most part, most are always willing to help each other which makes the job much easier. We also get floated to other floors often.
Pros
Great team work (at least on the floor I work).
Cons
Management does not seem to care about staff.
what I learned
Housekeeper / Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJuly 16, 2017
I learned a lot about the different kinds of surgeries including open heart. I enjoyed talking to the nurses and doctors. I wish they would not make me feel that I needed to prove myself everyday.
Pros
The hours were great.
Cons
being treated as less then a person.
Great Community Hospital to start out at.
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJune 24, 2017
This is a great system to work for. You will learn a lot and be able to work consistently. Everyone is very nice and helpful in teaching ability. This was a small system to work for and advancement opportunity was limited. They are now expanding and I think there is more chance for advancement with the expansions.
It is a good place to work, depending on what department you are in.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJune 20, 2017
I have worked in two different places in the hospital one was for 13 years, then a year. I had two different experiences in both places. All in all the hospital itself is a good place to work.
n/a
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 19, 2017
Very stressful and too much drama on the floor with the RN. I love what I do but there are too many people trying to be your boss at one time. I love to make people feel better while at the hospital.
Worked there for 15 years
Cardiovascular Interventional Specialist (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAApril 12, 2017
This is a great place to work. You can be sure to be proud of the cardiac work that you do here. The physicians are technically superior to others I have worked for, they show respect to co-workers, and I have friends for life here.
part time employment
Infusion Nurse/IV Team, ER RN (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAApril 11, 2017
Working at Doylestown Hospital gave me advanced ability in Oncology treatments and therapeutic infusion therapies as Venefer infusions, remicade, and therapeutic phlebotomies
An enjoyable place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAMarch 28, 2017
Doylestown Hospital was a great place to work. I enjoyed my coworkers and the work environment. There was no room for advancement within the department and compensation was poor.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Compensation
small community hospital
Director (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAMarch 6, 2017
For a small community hospital with lots of competition, DH is working hard to establish itself as a leader in various levels of care. A very strong medical staff.
Working as a Assistant Coordinator
Assistant Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAFebruary 23, 2017
I greatly enjoy working at Doylestown Hospital. It is a wonderful place to work. I perform multifaceted clerical tasks such as data entry, filing, meeting scheduling, compiling and maintaining student health records and family contact information, prepare welcome packages and update security databases.
Pros
Example: make great realtionships with families and coworkers
Cons
Learning all the names of the children and their famililes we have enrolled in our school.
"Clicky" place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJanuary 27, 2017
Doylestown Hosp has always been plagued by the same issues for many years. They are quick to upgrade the cosmetics, but slow on current advancements in medicine. Probably because of the "country Dr mentality" Many of the nurses are married to, etc. to the docs. Very clicky, talk behind your back enviorment. Nurses are overworked, short staffed. Nursing hours are pieced together to save the hospital on benefits. Parking is non existent. Staff is always being decreasedj
Pros
Clean, food is good
Cons
No parking unreasonable, not helpful constant criticism
Comfortable, valued, content
Coordinate Maternity dept (Current Employee) –  Doylestown PAJanuary 23, 2017
Great place to work. Encourge the team approach if need for best customer care. But am self motivated to work on my own to get projects done. I am reliable and dependable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Doylestown Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8