Doylestown Hospital

Doylestown Hospital Employee Reviews

"Clicky" place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJanuary 27, 2017
Doylestown Hosp has always been plagued by the same issues for many years. They are quick to upgrade the cosmetics, but slow on current advancements in medicine. Probably because of the "country Dr mentality" Many of the nurses are married to, etc. to the docs. Very clicky, talk behind your back enviorment. Nurses are overworked, short staffed. Nursing hours are pieced together to save the hospital on benefits. Parking is non existent. Staff is always being decreasedj
Pros
Clean, food is good
Cons
No parking unreasonable, not helpful constant criticism
Comfortable, valued, content
Coordinate Maternity dept (Current Employee) –  Doylestown PAJanuary 23, 2017
Great place to work. Encourge the team approach if need for best customer care. But am self motivated to work on my own to get projects done. I am reliable and dependable.
Underpaid, understaffed, not well treated
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  DoylestownJanuary 1, 2017
PCTs are basically just used and not cared for in this hospital.
We're way underpaid and understaffed. There are many nights where the floor is booked completely and there's only 1 PCT that's taking care of 18-24 patients. The nurses and staff are night, but there isn't much that be done to help out. I could make more money as a part time sales associate. Holiday months are even worse. Too many patients and not enough workers. I don't understand why they never hire anyone or even give PCTs a raise. It's joke because fast food workers are paid way more in other states. We work 12 hour shifts and imagine taking care of 20+ patients for that long because we are severely understaffed. The hospital is stingy and need to clean up their act.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Underpaid, understaffed and overworked.
Excellent Community focused organization
Director, Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PADecember 11, 2016
Exciting growth opportunities; fast paced and challenging environment. You are restricted only by your own desire to learn and grow.
What I learned
Staff Radiologic (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAOctober 16, 2016
Learned how to work fast and hard becoming a team player. Very community oriented. working with the community was an every day thing and very pleasant work environment.
Pros
location
Cons
Not always able able to get a break on a 12 hour shift
n/a
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAAugust 2, 2016
Doylestown hospital is very under paid. I believe that there is not much room for growth in your career at Doylestown hospital. People are nice but take a very long time to get the ball rolling for you. Not to diverse.
Not a good longterm job
Environmental Services (Housekeeping) (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAAugust 1, 2016
Constantly on your feet and often short staffed. Long task lists and minimal help, heavy lifting involved as well as use of ladders.
Cons
Short breaks, no free lunch, inconsistent management
cooking
Cook (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJuly 31, 2016
I run a small snack bar enjoy customers and employees .take care of daily specials and order daily products .Love showing my cooking skills.Working with Great Volunteer and great co-worker.I Manage the location like it is my own
Pros
free beveragerun a small snack bar a
Cons
no advancement
bad experience
Instrument Technician (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJune 29, 2016
bad management worst pay in history of hospitals no room for growth health benefits suck wouldn't go there if I was injured on the campus!
Pros
they hire without experience
Cons
eveything thats important
Biggest mistake working here
Associate (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAApril 22, 2016
Management is the biggest issue here. They talk about everyone behind their back, so one can only assume what's being said when you're not around. Raises are mythical, unless you're management. Feel free to do an online search for Doylestown hospital community benefit and you can see the gross 10% yearly raises for the top 10 salaries year after year while no one else sees a penny. The benefits are lackluster, the communication even worse. Nicest part is the main lobby, I recommend grabbing a coffee and turning around. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the managers from the 80's who have no idea how to adapt Google search "how to talk high level", but their actions are laughable at best. The direction of the hospital is lacking, the meetings are a repeat of the previous five meetings, still without any action. I can't believe I fell for their tricks. Find a hospital to work for that will actually treat you like a part of the community as well as an employee.
Pros
Direct deposit
Cons
Honestly, everything. It was a nightmare.
Love the campus but NOT the department!
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAApril 5, 2016
The management within the department is awful. Everyone talks about each other and you get yelled at for no reason for doing something right. Stay away from this department! You will be overworked and treated like trash for doing a hard job.
Pros
discounted lunch i guess
Cons
low pay, coworkers, always short handed, management is uncaring
Great working staff
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAApril 4, 2016
I met many wonderful caring people and learned so much more about multi tasking and communications, different computer programs . helping patients in need in thier home
Pros
great team players
Cons
unefficient workplace
productive and very caring workplace
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAMarch 18, 2016
A typical day at work for me begins with getting report from the night staff. I then go about my day taking vital signs and helping patients out with ADL'S. Throughout my day I work with registered nurses to make sure the patients are getting the best care as possible. The staff are amazing and always willing to give a helping hand if needed. The hardest part of the job for me is sometimes turning the patients because some tend to be on the larger side. The enjoyable part of my job is just communicating with patients and seeing them get better enough to go home.
Pros
amazing caring staff team, friendly workers overall
Cons
no cons, except sometimes the workload
Excellent Managers, Employees are helpful and friendly. Cons: HR gave infrequent raises.
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAMarch 11, 2016
A typical day at work was highly variable, due to the nature of the Department, which was rapid triage and treatment in Emergency situations. On a busy day you could be involved in a code, doing CPR, and performing phlebotomy. I performed EKG's, I was also a Unit Clerk, which involved answering multiline calls, admitting patients into the computer for admission and arranging Emergency and BLS transfers to applicable facilities.
I learned how to assist in emergency situations, I was also a trained phlebotomist, and was also an EMT when I started. We had excellent management, whom worked with your school schedule and gave you time off to study. It was an all together supportive management framework.
The hardest part of the job was unsuccessful resuscitation of young children and adults alike. The most enjoyable part of the job was teamwork and working in collaboration with RN's, TECH's, LPN's and Doctors.
Pros
Overall Good, Hardworking, and Friendly staff members
Cons
No Annual Raises and Unhelpful HR department
Patient Care techs.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PASeptember 5, 2015
For a cna or what they like to call a patient care tech. Let me tell you in a nice place but there is not much room to grow. Techs are treated not well here. Pct are replaceable and they don't get much learning experience here. Scheduling is a nightmare they do self schedule but there are lots of rules and it's stressful. Not good for students. Holiday schedules are even worse if you have a family. Techs aren't paid enough. Old equipment and short staffed
Pros
clean Ed
Cons
Not paid enough, scheduling conflicts, short staffed, old equipment 2 floors need to be updated
Great part-time job
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJune 30, 2015
Enjoyed working at Doylestown Hospital as a Unit Clerk. I was part-time so there were no benefits (like health care or vacation/sick pay). Co-workers were great. This job did not require patient interaction.
Terrible place to work, low pay, terrible nurses
Former RN (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAMay 11, 2015
The nurses here are just awful. They are so rude. I think they should all be fired. Night shift nurses sit around and play computer games and are rude to patients and patient's family members. I would never let a loved one go to Doylestown Hospital.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
low pay, management
Doylestown Hospital is a very pleasant and fair place of employment.
Mammographic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAFebruary 3, 2015
I only have positive things to say about my years working at Doylestown Hosptial. I enjoy working with my coworkers, communicating, with my patients and sharing my ideas with my supervisors. The working environment is extremely well kept and has pretty surroundings, making it a nice and comfortable place to come to work everyday.
Review
Assistant Teacher at Children's Village (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PADecember 18, 2014
I loved my job. I worked closely with my manager to help the kids with their activities on a daily basis. High energy.

My co wo workers were so great to work with.
Love the co-workers but NOT the department!
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PASeptember 13, 2014
After being here for over two years, I easily get discouraged by what I make vs. what I need to live. I have had excellents on my evaluations but only received a total of .14 raise in two years! Also, for the two years I have worked here we have ALWAYS been short-handed. We are given PTO/sick time from the hospital but are unable to take it because we don't have the staff to cover it. This past summer I tried taking a vacation but it was declined three times due to the staffing. And of course if you are a hard worker, the management only expects us to work harder due to the lack of employees. I have never been given any positive feedback from the management. They are very negative and belittling to the staff. What keeps me here right now are the benefits and the patients!!! I enjoy being able to help them out in anyway possible! Unfortunately, I would not recommend working in the Housekeeping department.
Pros
Beautiful campus, Co-workers, Benefits
Cons
Low pay, always short handed, management is uncaring!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Doylestown Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9