Doylestown Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent Managers, Employees are helpful and friendly. Cons: HR gave infrequent raises.
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAMarch 11, 2016
A typical day at work was highly variable, due to the nature of the Department, which was rapid triage and treatment in Emergency situations. On a busy day you could be involved in a code, doing CPR, and performing phlebotomy. I performed EKG's, I was also a Unit Clerk, which involved answering multiline calls, admitting patients into the computer for admission and arranging Emergency and BLS transfers to applicable facilities.
I learned how to assist in emergency situations, I was also a trained phlebotomist, and was also an EMT when I started. We had excellent management, whom worked with your school schedule and gave you time off to study. It was an all together supportive management framework.
The hardest part of the job was unsuccessful resuscitation of young children and adults alike. The most enjoyable part of the job was teamwork and working in collaboration with RN's, TECH's, LPN's and Doctors.
Pros
Overall Good, Hardworking, and Friendly staff members
Cons
No Annual Raises and Unhelpful HR department
Love the campus but NOT the department!
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAApril 5, 2016
The management within the department is awful. Everyone talks about each other and you get yelled at for no reason for doing something right. Stay away from this department! You will be overworked and treated like trash for doing a hard job.
Pros
discounted lunch i guess
Cons
low pay, coworkers, always short handed, management is uncaring
Biggest mistake working here
Associate (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAApril 22, 2016
Management is the biggest issue here. They talk about everyone behind their back, so one can only assume what's being said when you're not around. Raises are mythical, unless you're management. Feel free to do an online search for Doylestown hospital community benefit and you can see the gross 10% yearly raises for the top 10 salaries year after year while no one else sees a penny. The benefits are lackluster, the communication even worse. Nicest part is the main lobby, I recommend grabbing a coffee and turning around. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the managers from the 80's who have no idea how to adapt Google search "how to talk high level", but their actions are laughable at best. The direction of the hospital is lacking, the meetings are a repeat of the previous five meetings, still without any action. I can't believe I fell for their tricks. Find a hospital to work for that will actually treat you like a part of the community as well as an employee.
Pros
Direct deposit
Cons
Honestly, everything. It was a nightmare.
productive and very caring workplace
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAMarch 18, 2016
A typical day at work for me begins with getting report from the night staff. I then go about my day taking vital signs and helping patients out with ADL'S. Throughout my day I work with registered nurses to make sure the patients are getting the best care as possible. The staff are amazing and always willing to give a helping hand if needed. The hardest part of the job for me is sometimes turning the patients because some tend to be on the larger side. The enjoyable part of my job is just communicating with patients and seeing them get better enough to go home.
Pros
amazing caring staff team, friendly workers overall
Cons
no cons, except sometimes the workload
bad experience
Instrument Technician (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJune 29, 2016
bad management worst pay in history of hospitals no room for growth health benefits suck wouldn't go there if I was injured on the campus!
Pros
they hire without experience
Cons
eveything thats important
Love the co-workers but NOT the department!
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PASeptember 13, 2014
After being here for over two years, I easily get discouraged by what I make vs. what I need to live. I have had excellents on my evaluations but only received a total of .14 raise in two years! Also, for the two years I have worked here we have ALWAYS been short-handed. We are given PTO/sick time from the hospital but are unable to take it because we don't have the staff to cover it. This past summer I tried taking a vacation but it was declined three times due to the staffing. And of course if you are a hard worker, the management only expects us to work harder due to the lack of employees. I have never been given any positive feedback from the management. They are very negative and belittling to the staff. What keeps me here right now are the benefits and the patients!!! I enjoy being able to help them out in anyway possible! Unfortunately, I would not recommend working in the Housekeeping department.
Pros
beautiful campus, co-workers, benefits
Cons
low pay, always short handed, management is uncaring!
Terrible place to work, low pay, terrible nurses
Former RN (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAMay 11, 2015
The nurses here are just awful. They are so rude. I think they should all be fired. Night shift nurses sit around and play computer games and are rude to patients and patient's family members. I would never let a loved one go to Doylestown Hospital.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
low pay, management
Patient Care techs.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PASeptember 5, 2015
For a cna or what they like to call a patient care tech. Let me tell you in a nice place but there is not much room to grow. Techs are treated not well here. Pct are replaceable and they don't get much learning experience here. Scheduling is a nightmare they do self schedule but there are lots of rules and it's stressful. Not good for students. Holiday schedules are even worse if you have a family. Techs aren't paid enough. Old equipment and short staffed
Pros
clean Ed
Cons
Not paid enough, scheduling conflicts, short staffed, old equipment 2 floors need to be updated
Terrible management!!!
Admin Asst (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAAugust 21, 2013
Doylestown Hospital is NOT ago of place to work! Horrible management team and unless you are part of the "in" clique you have zero chance for advancement.

Pay is low - they claim they "benchmark" but against who I can't imagine! Run - do not walk - from any job offer at this place.

Here is a clue - when I type the name of the hospital it changes it to "foulest own" - how appropriate!
Pros
discounted lunch i guess
Cons
pay, benefits, management
No Desire to Grow in Health Care
Previous Employee (Former Employee) –  Clinical serviceSeptember 4, 2012
Its great that so many folks who work at this hospital have been there for a long time but they are stale and set in their ways. Still using systems from many years ago that are outdated. No one wants to train to learn what's new they are very happy using old techniques when so many advancements in medicine happen almost every day. The "my way or the highway" mentality is the style of most managers who are poorly if at all, trained. Clinical teams have weak skillsets. Systems and equipment are old and outdated. The hospital sure does look pretty though to me that's their primary concern - not their employees or their patients.
Pros
pretty campus
Cons
poor management, lack of employee training, poorly trained clinical staff
Great part-time job
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJune 30, 2015
Enjoyed working at Doylestown Hospital as a Unit Clerk. I was part-time so there were no benefits (like health care or vacation/sick pay). Co-workers were great. This job did not require patient interaction.
Beautiful Campus-low pay-poor managment!
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAAugust 31, 2012
Some Managers have been their 30 years and these people are not innovative and are stuck in "this is the way we always have done it mentality". Also, most of the managers have little or no managment skills, yet they walk around with an air of superiority. All of the great people leave because of the low pay, strict rules, and lousy managers. I will say the hospital is beautiful and they have a nice cafeteria, but as for most of the staffing --you get mediocrity.

I am currently searching to go elsewhere and I know of several other colleagues that are doing the same!
Pros
nice campus
Cons
poor management and low pay
Being a part of the Dietary needs of patient's is an important part of their general wellbeing.
assist patients (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJuly 16, 2013
A day at work starts early and can be very busy all day. I learned that you must be quick and adaptable to new tasks. Management and supervisors are an important of the chain of command. Working well with co-workers is a vital part of meeting patient goals. The best part of the job is being able to make a difference for the patients and their family.
Looks Good On The Outside
Previous Employee (Former Employee) –  Patient CareJuly 30, 2012
Poor management with no tact or business acumen. Clearly way behind the times in all areas but mostly clinically. Most employees have little training and low skill level. Management uses threats and bully tactics because they obviously have no management skills or training. Pretty hospital, they want everything to "look good". Would never bring a family member here.
They need to get with it!
Employed there (Current Employee) –  DoylestownSeptember 8, 2012
High falutant management supported by staff that can hardly get through the day. The management of this hospital is their biggest problem! And it's gossip central. I come to work to "work" not to hear gossip and rumors about everyone else. Hospital needs an overhaul from head to toe.
Pros
coffee cart at the front of the hospital, free parking
Cons
everything else
Doylestown Hospital is a very pleasant and fair place of employment.
Mammographic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAFebruary 3, 2015
I only have positive things to say about my years working at Doylestown Hosptial. I enjoy working with my coworkers, communicating, with my patients and sharing my ideas with my supervisors. The working environment is extremely well kept and has pretty surroundings, making it a nice and comfortable place to come to work everyday.
Typical day was never knowing what to expect when you got there.
Administrative Assistant Rehab (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJuly 29, 2013
My day at work was always busy and very productive. I learned how to enter data base, schedule surgery and doctors appointments.
Making new charts for patients, spread sheets.
My co workers were very patient in my learning process, my supervisor was very kind and considerate.
Hardest part of my job was trying to learn about two different departments at one time.
The most enjoyable part of the job, was greeting the patients and making sure they got their needs met with 100% satisfaction .
Pros
discount on movie tickets, inside sales of uniforms, discounted lunches.
Overall a great place to work in Bucks County Pa
Plant Utility Operator (Current Employee) –  Boiler room. Mechanical rooms, patient rooms.March 2, 2012
I have worked there 19 years that says it all. I would work another 19 but I have choosen to relocate to the South Florida area
Pros
stability.
Cons
outside management co.
Great Place to Work
Human Resources Employee Benefits Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAMay 6, 2014
Great place to work. The culture was great the employees and fellow HR staff was great to work with.
RN (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAFebruary 26, 2014
Close knit community hospital with advanced cardiac care. Great Doctors to work with and friendly management.
Pros
strong coworkers
Cons
poor ability to change shifts

2.8