Doyon Universal Services Employee Reviews

laughable management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 10, 2017
worked for this company for 11/2 years - was warned by coworkers that if management didn't like you they would find a way to get rid of you even if you were a great worker. I didn't believe them at first but than realized something was up when I was being knitpicked at and talked to in extremely rude ways, and being ignored when I tried to speak to human resources about it ( they tried to make it sound like it was all my fault!) Never again.
Horrible
Will not say (Former Employee) –  Will not sayFebruary 23, 2017
Don't even bother. Horrible company...horrible values..horrible hr. They don't deliver on Thier promices and find every loophole in the book to get rid of you when they decide to clean house.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Everythng
A very nice place to work for.
Cook Assistant (Former Employee) –  The North Slope, Ak.August 24, 2016
When I worked up on the slope it was fun, after a year working two on , and two off. Then they closed down our camp. It was nice to be able to work 12 hours a day once more. The hardest part was when it was 60 below, or the long flight home.
Great work, poor VP
Remote Sites Camp Manager (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKJuly 17, 2016
Enjoyed the work, three weeks on and three weeks off. When disagreement occured with the VP; I was treated poorly and told I was fired even though I had tried to resign the day before.
Pros
Loved the work, 3 weeks off at a time!
Cons
Poor excuse for a Vice President
Laid back environment with friendly people & good food
Billeting Clerk/Commissary Clerk (Current Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKOctober 11, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know people on a daily basis. I enjoy staying busy, this job has a lot of down time and I just can't sit and do nothing. In this, I look for materials to read or occupy my time cleaning and doing other things,
Pros
Friendly people and good food
Cons
Too much down time
Good company to work for if you want a foot in the door on the North Slope
Kitchen Helper (Current Employee) –  North Slope, AlaskaSeptember 17, 2015
Doyon is a good starter company to work for if your wanting to be a cook very easy to move up, word of advice start out as a kitchen helper so you know the whole dishes situation. The last thing you want is a mad dishwasher.
Pros
Only work half the year
Cons
Lowest Pay on North Slope, no paid vacation
productive job, good pay, good benefits
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Carrizo Springs, TexasAugust 25, 2015
Good job but too far to travel from home. Too far from family to be gone for two weeks at a time.
Management needs improvement, co workers were good hardest part of the job was some of the post were isolated and worked alone for 12 hours shifts.
Pros
free lodging and meals
Cons
too far to travel to job post
Housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  north slope, akAugust 21, 2015
I did like working on the slope as a housekkeper. It keeps your busy but it does make you be away from your family. They put a huge load on each housekeeper when there short handed mamagement tryes to get people to stay longer. They pay was the nice thing.
Pros
paycheck were nice
Cons
being away from family
Work 13 hours a day and get paid for 12
Head Cook (Former Employee) –  North SlopeAugust 19, 2013
Mean managers that do close to nothing but antagonize the staff.
Very few fresh ingredients to cook with. No ability to communicate with HR for a transfer. Working at the North Slope is very difficult.

There is a take it or leave it attitude with supervisors. Company lies about re-imbursement for travel and training.

The training is non-existent. There is zero follow up for your career.
The turnover is around 300%
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
Many un-happy co-workers. Terrible lifestyle.
Awesome hours , 2 weeks up 2 weeks home
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  KUPARUK, AKAugust 28, 2013
What an amazing experience working on the slope has brought into my life . I have worked for well over 5 years as a housekeeper , enjoying every day, ive been all over the slope & got to experience some amazing sightseeing . I love the atmospheir work safe programs , it has made me get the skills to move up in my job efforts to drive , with obtaining my cdl class a with all endorcements . So now Im ready for a great future .
Pros
NO COMMUTE
Cons
GONE FROM HOME 2 WEEKS
No room for advancement , poor pay
Remote Site (Former Employee) –  North SlopeMay 9, 2013
Management and especially HR are a mess they have no clue who, what is going on. Orientation pay $11 per hour and you get paid two hours although the process take most of the day. They are a cheap paying entity and there is very little room for advancement.If you are really stuck this is the place for you.
Pros
Cons
Disaray, poor management

Comment – January 7, 2014

Had an experience with this outfit which was similar at the ConoccoPhillips towers, the managers suck, ignorant and are on the edge of being reported to EEOC for their underhanded discrimination. Doyon Universal seem to think that being a native corporation that they are untouchable as they have already had a case against them and would expect more in the future

Friendly employees good foods and living quarters
Kitchen/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kuparuk and numerous other North Slope campsAugust 8, 2013
I was in the Kitchen doing numerous Kitchen duties but I was also doing Head Housekeeper duties too.
There wasn't really a hard part of the jobs because I was always learning something new and gaining new work experiences.
Pros
free good foods and good living quarters
Cons
short breaks
This was not a very good experience for me - definitely not a good company to work for.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  North Slope, AKFebruary 5, 2013
Working for Doyon Universal was an experience that I will probably never forget. It is very unorganized from top management all the way down to the smallest job. I hung on to my job for four years and I don't even know why/
Horrid company
Kitchen staff (Former Employee) –  North slopeJune 12, 2014
This was the worst company I have ever been apart of. Working on the north slope is great, the people I worked with were wonderful people. But the big wigs and the HR people from Doyon are pathetic. They treat their people horribly. Employees are toilet paper 100% disposable. The turn over for Doyon is about 5 a week. Don't believe me check the hiring pages Doyon is NEVER. Fully staffed. The pay is sad for the work you do. But for someone like me who had no choice at the time my family needed me to take the job even tho I has not made 11 dollars an hour in 15 years. I had no choice. No room for advancement they do not take care of their female employees on the slope they are just not a good company. If your desperate I understand but protect yourself document everything that happens to you and keep looking for employment else where. Don't plan on planting roots with Doyon it won't happen. Future employees beware!!!!!!
Pros
The weeks off are nice
Cons
Everything!! They suck!!
Productive and eduactional job experience
Security (Current Employee) –  carrizo springs, texasSeptember 21, 2015
Getting more experience so I can further my experience as a police officer. Great job atsmosphere, as well as co-workers.
fast paced, high security workplace.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Deadhorse, AKJanuary 19, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company mostly because I was given plenty hours/weeks to work at a time and was given the opportunity to meet various people.
Pros
Free living, nice camps.
Cons
High security by management 24/7.
Job security ,benefits and pay was very good
Head Cook (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKApril 13, 2015
Doyon universal services is a very well run machine. I would recomend them as an employer to anyone looking for a safe and secure job
Pros
GREAT BENEFITS AND PAY
Cons
THERE ARE NONE I CAN THINK OF
excellent place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKJuly 13, 2015
again I liked working for Doyon Universal Services because they had an excellent benefit pkg,good pay,and good long hours
Pros
good lunches
Cons
healthcare
Alaska Pipeline Camp
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kuparuk,AKApril 20, 2015
I'm a slope worker,I work two weeks on and two weeks off as a housekeeper,for overtime hours I work in the kitchen doing various jobs as a kitchen helper.
Pros
2wks off
Cons
2wks on
Company very fair and fun place to work.
Administrative Duties at Peak Base Camp (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 30, 2012
We worked 12 hour work days, 7 days per week with 2 weeks off. The food was great and the co-workers were great. Definitely team players.
Pros
great pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Doyon Universal Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9