Doyon Universal Services Employee Reviews

Alaska Pipeline Camp
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Kuparuk,AKApril 20, 2015
Pros: 2wks off
Cons: 2wks on
I'm a slope worker,I work two weeks on and two weeks off as a housekeeper,for overtime hours I work in the kitchen doing various jobs as a kitchen helper.
JOB SECURITY ,BENEFITS AND PAY WAS VERY GOOD
Head Cook (Former Employee), Fairbanks, AKApril 13, 2015
Pros: GREAT BENEFITS AND PAY
Cons: THERE ARE NONE I CAN THINK OF
DOYON UNIVERSAL SERVICES IS A VERY WELL RUN MACHINE. I WOULD RECOMEND THEM AS AN EMPLOYER TO ANYONE LOOKING FOR A SAFE AND SECURE JOB
Security work
Security Officer (Former Employee), Anacortes, WAApril 2, 2015
Security work is great but its not a career. Doyon is a leader in pay in the area but its still barely enough to live on. the hours prevent a second part time job
fast paced, high security workplace.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Deadhorse, AKJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free living, nice camps.
Cons: high security by management 24/7.
I enjoyed working for this company mostly because I was given plenty hours/weeks to work at a time and was given the opportunity to meet various people.
Negative on Management
Administrative (Former Employee), Prudhoe BaySeptember 28, 2014
Pros: new friends, slope experience, good money
Cons: lacking in good management
I got the call to work up there after years of attempts at getting into the company. I had a fantastic resume, so I decided to give the slope a shot. When they called me, they told me they needed me ASAP and that I wouldn't be able to give my current job a two week notice. I didn't care for that, but at the time, I wasn't about to turn down a job I've been trying for, for years! Then I had to work the first two weeks in Fbks, because of the weather situation for flying into Deadhorse. I had a great working relationship with the folks at the Fbks office, but as soon as boots touched ground on Prudhoe, it all went bad. I was warned by several people in management about the supervisor who would be in charge of us, but I never listen to that . I'm a person who likes to make those decisions on my own. Well, I should've listened. LOL...she was the worst supervisor I have ever encountered in my career!! She screamed at people like a drill sergeant, called us names, treated the females the worst especially, got angry when her coffee wasn't waiting for her in the morning, (not my job), and proceeded to tell us all how she was going to go home after the job was over and sit by her pool and get stoned. At one point, she actually followed two of us into the ladies room and flipped out on us because she thought we were talking about her! She was insane, to put it literally. The unprofessionalism was incredible. The worst part was that the project managers AND engineers all watched her treat people like this and did NOTHING to stop it My whole outlook was soured at that point and it wasn't long before I got laid off from the job, not for a poor performance, but because of technical issues on the project. I was never so happy to get on a plane in my life! My advice to all of you is this....make sure you are well aquainted with the super of a job BEFORE you get on that plane!!! I walked out on a perfectly good job here at home to go to that situation. Never again.
Horrid company
Kitchen staff (Former Employee), North slopeJune 12, 2014
Pros: the weeks off are nice
Cons: everything!! they suck!!
This was the worst company I have ever been apart of. Working on the north slope is great, the people I worked with were wonderful people. But the big wigs and the HR people from Doyon are pathetic. They treat their people horribly. Employees are toilet paper 100% disposable. The turn over for Doyon is about 5 a week. Don't believe me check the hiring pages Doyon is NEVER. Fully staffed. The pay is sad for the work you do. But for someone like me who had no choice at the time my family needed me to take the job even tho I has not made 11 dollars an hour in 15 years. I had no choice. No room for advancement they do not take care of their female employees on the slope they are just not a good company. If your desperate I understand but protect yourself document everything that happens to you and keep looking for employment else where. Don't plan on planting roots with Doyon it won't happen. Future employees beware!!!!!!
Great people ot work with
Off-shore Night Camp Supervisor, Baker, Cook (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKMay 12, 2014
I learned so much while working here and the training is thorough.
Productive work place and exciting
Firefighter (Former Employee), Valdez, AKDecember 15, 2013
Definately learn alot whether it be Security, Firefighting, or other contracts Doyon has. As the work load though, the pay doesn't seem to fit the jobs.
I love working up north in this atmosphere
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Deadhorse, AKSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: free housing and food
Long weeks and hours but the time off at home was priceless. I enjoyed the camps that I stayed at and the nice people I worked with.
AWESOME HOURS , 2 WEEKS UP 2 WEEKS HOME
Housekeeper (Current Employee), KUPARUK, AKAugust 28, 2013
Pros: no commute
Cons: gone from home 2 weeks
WHAT AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE WORKING ON THE SLOPE HAS BROUGHT INTO MY LIFE . I HAVE WORKED FOR WELL OVER 5 YEARS AS A HOUSEKEEPER , ENJOYING EVERY DAY, IVE BEEN ALL OVER THE SLOPE & GOT TO EXPERIENCE SOME AMAZING SIGHTSEEING . I LOVE THE ATMOSPHEIR WORK SAFE PROGRAMS , IT HAS MADE ME GET THE SKILLS TO MOVE UP IN MY JOB EFFORTS TO DRIVE , WITH OBTAINING MY CDL CLASS A WITH ALL ENDORCEMENTS . SO NOW IM READY FOR A GREAT FUTURE .
Work 13 hours a day and get paid for 12
Head Cook (Former Employee), North SlopeAugust 19, 2013
Pros: it's a job.
Cons: many un-happy co-workers. terrible lifestyle.
Mean managers that do close to nothing but antagonize the staff.
Very few fresh ingredients to cook with. No ability to communicate with HR for a transfer. Working at the North Slope is very difficult.

There is a take it or leave it attitude with supervisors. Company lies about re-imbursement for travel and training.

The training is non-existent. There is zero follow up for your career.
The turnover is around 300%
Friendly employees good foods and living quarters
Kitchen/Housekeeper (Former Employee), Kuparuk and numerous other North Slope campsAugust 8, 2013
Pros: free good foods and good living quarters
Cons: short breaks
I was in the Kitchen doing numerous Kitchen duties but I was also doing Head Housekeeper duties too.
There wasn't really a hard part of the jobs because I was always learning something new and gaining new work experiences.
Remote Medical Work
Tech/Medic (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKJune 25, 2013
Pros: money
Cons: working in the arctic
Two on/two off rotation but frequently forced to stay over for shifts because of weather. Great place to work but extreme weather shifts.
Great people, and experience
Security Guard (Former Employee), Anacortes, waJune 13, 2013
Pros: uniform and structure
Cons: pay and benefits
Good learning experience, had military structure and learning about oil refinery.
No room for advancement , poor pay
Remote Site (Former Employee), North SlopeMay 9, 2013
Cons: disaray, poor management
Management and especially HR are a mess they have no clue who, what is going on. Orientation pay $11 per hour and you get paid two hours although the process take most of the day. They are a cheap paying entity and there is very little room for advancement.If you are really stuck this is the place for you.

January 7, 2014

Had an experience with this outfit which was similar at the ConoccoPhillips towers, the managers suck, ignorant and are on the edge of being reported to EEOC for their underhanded discrimination. Doyon Universal seem to think that being a native corporation that they are untouchable as they have already had a case against them and would expect more in the future

rotten to work for
security (Current Employee), valdezMay 6, 2013
Cons: as above, security is a joke
bad management,poor conditions-don't do it they will throw you under the bus!

July 14, 2013

What is their pay rate? Did you do the 2 on 2 off thing?

enjoyed working with cooks
Bull Cook (Former Employee), North Slope, AlaskaApril 10, 2013
Pros: 2 week on and 2 weeks off
Cons: cleaning hoods over stoves
great hours, learned more recepies, good cooks, great team members, long hours

April 30, 2013

Can anyone tell me what the extent of the physical is and what it involves doing?

This was not a very good experience for me - definitely not a good company to work for.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), North Slope, AKFebruary 5, 2013
Working for Doyon Universal was an experience that I will probably never forget. It is very unorganized from top management all the way down to the smallest job. I hung on to my job for four years and I don't even know why/
Company very fair and fun place to work.
Administrative Duties at Peak Base Camp (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKOctober 30, 2012
Pros: great pay
Cons: long hours
We worked 12 hour work days, 7 days per week with 2 weeks off. The food was great and the co-workers were great. Definitely team players.
Great company
Kitchen help / Bull Cook (Current Employee), Prudhoe Bay, AKSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: free room and board
Cons: remote operations
great work great benifits, just not in my line of work and too remote