Doyon Universal Services Employee Reviews

Tasks are the same everyday
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  KuparukOctober 10, 2017
Everyday is the same tasks, only thing different is there is always other "extra" work that your told to do on top of your million daily required duties and so everyday you have to figure out how to work faster then you already have to do and figure out when you could get it done.
Pros
Free food, board, and free workout rooms.
Cons
Short Breaks, Poor management, Too much work for so little pay.
Great place to work for
Professional (Former Employee) –  North Pole, AKSeptember 21, 2017
Doyon was a wonderful place to work for, I would still be working for them if it wasn't for family emergency. I found management to be excellent and overall just a wonderful experience.
Great management
Armed Security Sergeant (Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 16, 2017
A family oriented approach with a larger company profile. The experience I have with the company I have witnessed that they do everything that they can to take care of the employees as if they were family.
Long work hours little benefit
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Blaine, WAAugust 29, 2017
There's a reason the turnover rate for this job is so high. You will work 2 weeks at a time and work 12 hour days. On the days you have off you will constantly be called into work. If you miss one day in your 2 week work cycle you will end up losing 12 hours of overtime. Overtime is the only way you really make any money. Most people will stab you in the back to make themselves look better. Good luck trying to get any kind of pay raise.
Good to get your foot in the door for the North Slope
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Deadhorse, AKAugust 8, 2017
The days are a minimum of 12 hours per day. I first did reports emails and went over the night shift with Security. It is a Safety Culture and anyone can stop job procedure. Balancing all reports all clients plus any job given by the Camp Manager or the Project Operations Manager
Pros
The time off. free housing and food while working
Cons
Some Phase weather can cause issues
Low pay, horrible management
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Blaine, WAJune 26, 2017
Work 12 hour shifts with no breaks and low pay, mandatory overtime, berated by management, favoritism was rampant. This was not a good company to work for. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
A job
Cons
everything
n/a
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 4, 2017
It was okay working for this company management needs to have more concern for their employees and benefits could be better. I wish Doyon Universal Services would have a better pay scale.
Former Employee
Oil Field Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Carrizo Springs, TXMay 5, 2017
Worked in South Texas. Poor management, unfair practices/processes, no advancement

Good ole boy culture

Posts were far and schedule was tailored to those who were buddies with Sergeant
Pros
Pay, Ot, lodging, working alone
Cons
Poor management, no consistency
typical office enviroment
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 18, 2017
Hired to help payroll and benefits with the annual sign up for benefits
Moved to Accounts Payable when the sign up was completed and hired as a permanent employee
Completed daily data input of approved invoices, processed them for payment as required by management. It was a high volume process with many different cost centers I processed invoices for from the slope and locally.
Researching all statements to keep the accounts all accurate and current.
Completing the weekly deposit of funds sent into the office from the small stores we managed on the slope in various man-camps and balancing them to the spread sheets for audit.
Pros
great company, great benefits, good manangement
Cons
established office employees hesitant to help new employees suceed
Co-workers made going to work everyday fun and entertaining
Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 12, 2017
Great company to work for benefits and compensation were good. I have to say the real pleasure was the people I was able to work with on a daily basis, and as a safety specialist I couldn't have asked for a better safety minded group of people.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, co-workers, work enviornment
Cons
Position based on oil prices and was eliminated due to economy
Horrible
Will not say (Former Employee) –  Will not sayFebruary 23, 2017
Don't even bother. Horrible company...horrible values..horrible hr. They don't deliver on Thier promices and find every loophole in the book to get rid of you when they decide to clean house.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Everythng
Good place to gain experience
Security Lieutenant (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 16, 2017
I really like this organization; however, I feel as if there isn't much room for advancement. Great company to gain experience for future job potential. There are a lot of positions that need to be filled in numerous contracts so you'll have an opportunity to become very diverse within the organization. The people are friendly and I like most of my co-workers. Management will take care of you. The only reason I would give them any negative marks would be because I don't see room for advancement beyond a contract supervisor.
Pros
Lots of good experience and a good way to gain experience for future employment
Cons
Advancement beyond the contract supervisor isn't great.
laughable management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 10, 2017
worked for this company for 11/2 years - was warned by coworkers that if management didn't like you they would find a way to get rid of you even if you were a great worker. I didn't believe them at first but than realized something was up when I was being knitpicked at and talked to in extremely rude ways, and being ignored when I tried to speak to human resources about it ( they tried to make it sound like it was all my fault!) Never again.
A very nice place to work for.
Cook Assistant (Former Employee) –  The North Slope, Ak.August 24, 2016
When I worked up on the slope it was fun, after a year working two on , and two off. Then they closed down our camp. It was nice to be able to work 12 hours a day once more. The hardest part was when it was 60 below, or the long flight home.
Great work, poor VP
Remote Sites Camp Manager (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKJuly 17, 2016
Enjoyed the work, three weeks on and three weeks off. When disagreement occured with the VP; I was treated poorly and told I was fired even though I had tried to resign the day before.
Pros
Loved the work, 3 weeks off at a time!
Cons
Poor excuse for a Vice President
Laid back environment with friendly people & good food
Billeting Clerk/Commissary Clerk (Current Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKOctober 11, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know people on a daily basis. I enjoy staying busy, this job has a lot of down time and I just can't sit and do nothing. In this, I look for materials to read or occupy my time cleaning and doing other things,
Pros
Friendly people and good food
Cons
Too much down time
Productive and eduactional job experience
Security (Current Employee) –  carrizo springs, texasSeptember 21, 2015
Getting more experience so I can further my experience as a police officer. Great job atsmosphere, as well as co-workers.
Good company to work for if you want a foot in the door on the North Slope
Kitchen Helper (Current Employee) –  North Slope, AlaskaSeptember 17, 2015
Doyon is a good starter company to work for if your wanting to be a cook very easy to move up, word of advice start out as a kitchen helper so you know the whole dishes situation. The last thing you want is a mad dishwasher.
Pros
Only work half the year
Cons
Lowest Pay on North Slope, no paid vacation
productive job, good pay, good benefits
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Carrizo Springs, TexasAugust 25, 2015
Good job but too far to travel from home. Too far from family to be gone for two weeks at a time.
Management needs improvement, co workers were good hardest part of the job was some of the post were isolated and worked alone for 12 hours shifts.
Pros
free lodging and meals
Cons
too far to travel to job post
Housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  north slope, akAugust 21, 2015
I did like working on the slope as a housekkeper. It keeps your busy but it does make you be away from your family. They put a huge load on each housekeeper when there short handed mamagement tryes to get people to stay longer. They pay was the nice thing.
Pros
paycheck were nice
Cons
being away from family