DPI Specialty Foods Employee Reviews

Comfortable,fun working enviroment
Billing Clerk/Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Henderson, COApril 26, 2017
DPI offers wonderful working environment, day and night shifts, friendly co-workers and open to all cultures, DPI also welcomes and encourage advancement.
Pros
environment, friendly, fun, helpful
Cons
hours
Earned experiences
Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDApril 19, 2017
A good company to work for. I enjoyed my time with the company. The work was good. Good employees, good atmosphere. Great pay. The hours were long
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Poor management
Great company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Park City, UT and Salt Lake City, UTApril 3, 2017
DPI Specialty Foods is a great company. I was the only employee working for them with independent stores in Utah. I had great established customers and great relationships with them. I enjoyed that I was alone here in Utah and that my direct manager, the Director of Field Sales, was located in Denver and that he knew that he could trust me to take care of my customers to the point that there were often times that we wouldn't actually speak on the phone for months at a time.

At the same this position let me have the freedom to work with my customers without direct management, it also left me in a position that I didn't have a person familiar with what I did here in Utah that could cover vacations and there were times that I was just not able to take time off for a year or more at a time. Even traveling out of state for company Food Shows would only put me in a tough place.
Pros
Working with Independent Customers.
Cons
Inability to take planned days off.
Great employees terrible manager.
Selector (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 13, 2017
Loved the people I worked with, really disliked the manager of the whole operation. The supervisors were really involved in your development, and were very helpful.
Integrity
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJanuary 31, 2017
Integrity is the most important when working in the professional world, I have learned that respecting my co-workers and Management staff is important, a fast paced work environment is good for the brain I enjoyed multitasking and have learned a lot from this company and look forward to utilizing my skills with the next company. I love helping customers and my co-workers best part of waking up is knowing I am going to make someone's day.
Customer Data Mgmt (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJanuary 1, 2017
pay is decent
co-worker within department condescending and rude
managers blind eye to issues
learning the position was difficult due to co-worker and no support
Pros
hours of operation
Cons
blind eye to a constant issue
Positive management
VENDOR RELATIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 6, 2016
My manager and team have been extremely positive and encouraging me to learn. Very supportive! I have learned more Excel functions and how to maintain my workflow.
Union perks
Truck offloading (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDNovember 9, 2016
The job is quick work and good money. Good atmosphere and easy tasks to accomplish. The warehouse is separated into two sides, Starbucks and retail. The job is fast paced but the machinery is old and always in need of repair. Good job though
Pros
short shift, still get paid for 8
Cons
lazy coworkers
Dpi
Sales and Merchandising (Current Employee) –  East Wenatchee, WANovember 7, 2016
I have been working for DPI Specialty Foods for over two years and I love it! I enjoy the independence and accomplishments I do! My boss Lori is very supportive and always willing to help me. I am part time and I even have medical benefits! I wish they offered Dental to the part time people, that is the only negative thing I have to say.
Debbie Morrow
Pros
Work indepently
Cons
No dental for Part time people.
There are worse jobs
Sales (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaOctober 11, 2016
I was only with dpi for a short while but I agree with the other reviews. Management is very overbearing. But the $ isn't too bad.
Pros
Work on your own
Cons
Long hours, dealing with store management, slow product, distributions on top of orders, and way too many mispicks
ok
Night Selector (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDSeptember 19, 2016
Its like 1985 as far as how work should operate everyone's all over the place and some supervisor don't know how to talk to certain employees. I enjoy what I do but some of the business side could be different
Sales rep
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 13, 2016
A DPI sales representative is assigned territory and route through placement of product, promotional selling and effective display of merchandise. As a Field Sales Associate I had to work both independently and collaboratively with coworkers, customer’s employees and vendors. I stocked shelved, made displays, took down displays, rotated product as I stock it and ordered product.
Pros
Can make your own schedule.
Cons
Management sometimes un reasonable, long hours, sometimes no breaks.
The work is not bad but the hours are between 3p and 3a. They expect you to work 70 hours a week.
Driver helper (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, IL 60525August 9, 2016
Good job, but you have to go in there telling them you only can work part time otherwise they expect you to work 5 12hr shifts a week with mandatory overtime on top of that. Trying to maintain those hours leads to exhaustion.
Pros
The pay is good.
Cons
The hours are never ending. Sometimes you work until 3am if you have a slow driver.
Driver Yard Jockey (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 23, 2016
Had they not lost major accounts I would still be employed there. But since they lost 3 major grocery store accounts they laid me off. Not enough work for me who moved out of california to Las Vegas to be aresident driver.
Endless Interview Process
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  PNWJuly 16, 2016
This company was brought to me via a very reputable recruiter. I interviewed 3 times, being moved forward at each opportunity. The final interview was scheduled with the CEO, it was postponed twice. Three days before the interview I was called by the recruiter and told there was a sudden hiring freeze. A colossal waist of time and effort on my part as well as the recruiters. No explanation was given.
Enjoyed the people I worked with
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILMay 17, 2016
Worked the grave shift, long hours but it was OK. Help manage a fleet of drivers to insure on time deliveries for our customers, very rewarding for me
Pros
All good people to work with
Cons
At times some long hours
Productive not well managed
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Henderson, COApril 28, 2016
Work area is great since I shop at king soopers, so it wasn't hard to jump into the placement of items, etc.. I learned more about responsibility & management. DPI doesn't have the best management. All decisions depend on how long you've worked their. For example, 2 sales representatives advice was taken over mine because of experience. I personally know my ideas would have worked better, but since I didn't have the "seniority", I was ignored. I really enjoyed the self managing aspect of the job though. Didn't have a manger on your back all day & made work a lot easier.
Pros
Self Manged, Use your own vehicle for transportation between stores
productive
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 6, 2016
The work environment is busy, and we all work as a team. We reconcile cases, and are constantly working on how we can better our cases. Management is very involved, and all my coworkers work as a team. The job is very challenging, but it is great to work for a company where everyone works as a team,
Pros
We try new food products before they are actually on the market
Cons
not enough room for advancement
Selector (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDDecember 13, 2015
The position at DPI was challenging for me to manage with a school schedule because it was overnight. The company services many grocery stores in the DMV area.
DPI Specialty foods
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 18, 2015
Its a nice place to work because there is minimal supervision, you can start as early as you want to, and meet new people everyday. The hardest part is finishing all the product on your own and you have to finish everything in one day.
Pros
Start early as you want..No boss hovering over you
Cons
Shorts breaks or else you fall behind in your work depending on speed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DPI Specialty Foods. Our community is ready to answer.