DPI Specialty Foods Employee Reviews in United States

Productive not well managed
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Henderson, COApril 28, 2016
Work area is great since I shop at king soopers, so it wasn't hard to jump into the placement of items, etc.. I learned more about responsibility & management. DPI doesn't have the best management. All decisions depend on how long you've worked their. For example, 2 sales representatives advice was taken over mine because of experience. I personally know my ideas would have worked better, but since I didn't have the "seniority", I was ignored. I really enjoyed the self managing aspect of the job though. Didn't have a manger on your back all day & made work a lot easier.
Pros
Self Manged, Use your own vehicle for transportation between stores
productive
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 6, 2016
The work environment is busy, and we all work as a team. We reconcile cases, and are constantly working on how we can better our cases. Management is very involved, and all my coworkers work as a team. The job is very challenging, but it is great to work for a company where everyone works as a team,
Pros
We try new food products before they are actually on the market
Cons
not enough room for advancement
Worst place,dead end job
employment (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDNovember 3, 2015
DO NOT APPLY HERE!!!! I'm giving everyone a warning. Manager is a liar,supervisor is a straight @#$hole for no reason they do not train you for everything only to drive a power jack. They don't pay for what your worth and cheat you out your own money. There is no pros to this job but straight @+#$#t. If you go for selector, your not gonna be doing orders on a regular basis but clean up everything for 8 hours straight. This is a temp job, not full time job, the management is poor,communication with the employees to hc is terrible its not even funny. Do not believe anything the management tells you because their all snakes and don't look out for you,they are the worst company to do business or work for
Pros
Cons
Pay is too horrible for someone to work temp
DPI Specialty foods
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 18, 2015
Its a nice place to work because there is minimal supervision, you can start as early as you want to, and meet new people everyday. The hardest part is finishing all the product on your own and you have to finish everything in one day.
Pros
Start early as you want..No boss hovering over you
Cons
Shorts breaks or else you fall behind in your work depending on speed
Dpi
Selector (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDDecember 13, 2015
The position at DPI was challenging for me to manage with a school schedule because it was overnight. The company services many grocery stores in the DMV area.
Nice people to work with
Master Data Management (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJuly 2, 2015
I have learned a lot about the Food Distribution world. Enhanced and expanded my career, knowledge, professional relationships and contributed to a great group of people who promote a team mentality. DPI NW Division has some of the best Management I have yet to discover and am proud to work with.
Pros
Good people, lots of free cheese and specialty food items
Cons
compensation challenges
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJuly 1, 2015
Reported for my shift 45 mins early. 10 minute shift meeting. Find assigned electric pallet jack. Picked up order stickers & selected from the cooler to the dry goods area. My co-workers hailed from a diverse background from Mexican, Puerto Rico & Africa.
Pros
Weekly pay.
Cons
High employee turn over rate, mis-managementm of personel & equipment neglect.
High efficiancy and work productivity
Transportation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 26, 2015
Each day there are job tasks that need to be completed that include revising, filing, and documenting progress as well as data entry. The management is very supportive and team work is highly encouraged in order to keep productivity. The hardest part of the job would be when completing bi-weekly and monthly reports as everything has to be in perfect layout with no errors. The most enjoyable part of the job was that everyday was spent working the entire shift and communicating with co workers to complete tasks in a timely manner.
Very fast paced and stressfull. Poor working conditions.
Independent Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDMay 4, 2015
Managing a sales route consisting of several grocery stores. You work up to 16 hours a day alone. Lots of heavy lifting and you very rarely get help. Supervisors are very critical and unsympathetic. The pay is based on commission so you have to work had to earn enough to live on. Commute was up to 90 minutes each way, when you ask for a route closer to home, you are ignored. I started out having weekends off but that quickly changed. If you did not write a weekend order, a supervisor would write one and you were expected to work it.
Pros
Cons
Heavy lifting, long hours, long commute
Fun work enviorment helped train me in forklifts
DOCK FOREMAN,FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 4, 2015
It would be selecting daily order's to be shipped in a timely manner,making sure that all empty pick slots were filled and I would help replenish as well by downstocking,made sure all dock doors were clean and end of every shift
Pros
paid vacations and monthly free lunches
Cons
a lot of hours that kept me away from my family
Fast Paced
Sales Representative/ Merchandisor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKNovember 19, 2014
Working for DPI everyday was different and very fast paced. While working for DPI I had received managerial experience and learned a lot about relationships with people not just co-workers but customers. The hardest part about this job was the unstable pay, hour and scheduling for myself .
Pros
no boss
Cons
everything you are told about the job is a lie
Friendly place to work.
Administrative Assistant to the Controller (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORFebruary 7, 2015
Busy work atmosphere; need to prioritize duties.
Co-workers in all departments were friendly and helpful.
No two days in a row remain the same. The job was never boring.
Pros
holiday lunch prepared by management from top down was great.
Transportation
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 16, 2014
• Routing, dispatch, safety and administration
• Supervise all transportation and warehouse employees (scheduling, training, attendance, discipline, etc.)
• Coordinate the dispatching and routing of deliveries as well as scheduling backhauls and pickups for our DC as well as carriers that are assigned to me.
• Adhere to all governmental and Company regulations / policies
• Accountable for Drivers meeting, on time deliveries and clean delivery) KPI reporting, maintaining daily / weekly cold chain compliance, and meet all dept. budgetary goals and assignments.
Good place to work. They had a work out room and a walking trail
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, COAugust 8, 2013
A typical work day was calling my assigned stores to get their deli, bakery and Starbucks orders for the week. Also took calls for will call orders and from customer add on orders. All coworkers were easy going and always willing to help each other out if a certain department was short handed. There were always morale boosters such as breakfasts being cooked by management, potluck luncheons and cakes for birthdays of the month.
Pros
lots of company morale boosters and good insurance
Eventful
REPACK SPECIALIST,FORKLIFTOPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Henderson, COJune 15, 2012
Dpi eventful,never a dull moment,I learned alot of skills while I was employed there and I appreciated this,the managmnet crew was great.Coworkers also were great.I have nothing but high regard for this company.Hardest part of the job was learning all the skills andmultitasking but I accomplished this. The most enjoyable part of the job was its diversity,
Pros
on the job training and certificates, benefits, retirement
Cons
payscale, no room for advancement, low pay for the enviroment.
Productive and Professional
Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILAugust 5, 2013
Every day was new and exciting,
co-workers a joy to be around,
Management strong and willing to assist where and when needed.
Nothing about the job was hard, true learning experience
Event planning and organizing most enjoyable, meeting new people, assisting in the growth of all customers, vendors, brokers
Pros
professional environment
Cons
company went out of business
Long hrs. But good job
Order Selector,DOCK FORMEAN,LOADER,LEADMAN (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 8, 2015
It was hard to go in knowing each day could be 14-16 hr. Days,but then u remember its for the troops and u grind it out no prob.
Pros
great company picnics
Cons
closing of certain bases caused a lot of lay-offs
Denver division is no longer a main division
Promotions Manager / Safeway Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, COOctober 21, 2012
I was lucky enough to be brought back on the Safeway Team after being laid off in 2008. DPI lost the Safeway account and I went to work in another department as a Promotions Manager. My Supervisor was GREAT to work for and made it enjoyable for me to go to work. The team I was on worked great together. The downfall of this company is they have basically shut down the Denver division. When I returned to DPI in October of 2009 there were 74 employees. Now there are 19 so I expected the lay off but was glad to be taken on another team that extended my employment until 2012. The only reason for my low rating is the fact DPI is no longer a stable company and anyone that went to work there would find themselves waiting for the lay off day
Pros
great people
Cons
the company is no longer stable
Solid place to work
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  ChicagoApril 9, 2013
Learned a lot about brick and mortar retail, along with specialty food. Did not compensate for travel. Co-workers were a pleasure and very helpful throughout my time here.
Pros
lots of freedom to own your business
Cons
100% commissioned sales, lots of weekend hours..
Very unorganized and unprofessional
class A driver (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDDecember 16, 2013
My day consists is 12-14he work days,I also work weekends ,mainly unload trailer by myself, work is extremely difficult and company is poorly managed
Pros
jobs protected by union, 4day work week
Cons
trucks are raggedy and stops are back braking