DPR Construction

DPR Construction Employer Reviews

Great company to work for
Project Accountant and Cost Control Assistant (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: party time
Cons: too many managers
I have a really busy schedule to meet all deadlines. During last 3+ years I newer missed any. We have really good team and this help to solve several problem faster than it should be.
earning a living
Metal Framer (Journeyman) (Former Employee), Redwood City, CAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: i believe they were a little racist
I like the work, the project was just handed to apprentices related to supervisors.
Worked for the President of the company
Property Manager, Assistant to the President (Former Employee), Portola Valley, CaOctober 12, 2014
Pros: free pet insurance :)
A company you can say you were proud to work for. I worked more closely with the President than the company..my responsibilities crossed over to both though. Great company.
Superb Atmosphere
Project Accountant (Contract Role) (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 19, 2014
As a Project Accountant in a contract role, I enjoyed working at DPR Construction. DPR has an excellent office atmosphere where all engage to succeed as a team!
It was a good experience
Construction Helper (Former Employee), Hutto, TXJune 16, 2014
Pros: free lunch. flexible hours
Cons: hard work
DPR is a good company and now is mainly just a side job company that has been in buisness since 2008.
Not a good place to work at, too many unproductive meetings.
Superintendent (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 3, 2014
Pros: they review your performance once a year
Cons: you have to suck up to your reviewer to get promoted
Only salaried personnel get full benefits. If you are an hourly employee the only benefit you get is health insurance. That sucks!! Office was always tense (unless you get drunk). You rather be in the field.
Excellent with Safety
Laobores Union Construction (Former Employee), New Port, MDDecember 30, 2013
Great company to work for, they had great benefits, and great people to work for and to work with.
great place to work team players with bar in the office
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 15, 2013
Pros: team building and great people
Cons: non
Great place, I enjoyed working there and the people were great.
Productive and skilled craftsmen. Enjoyed going to work.
Carpenter (Former Employee), Redwood City, CAOctober 14, 2013
Pros: coffee every morning
Every work day at six o'clock a.m. our crew started with a fifteen minute stretch and flex. After that our foremen's gave us our tasks for the day. Our work was performed using the buddy system which is a very productive way to perform tasks. I learned so much in the year and a half i worked with DPR. i framed steel stud walls, hung drywall, and finished it. I learned a lot about suspended ceiling grids. ceiling grid I helped frame was with unistrut. I performed a lot of t-bar installation and ceiling with was could be very tricky and made you have to visualize and think how it is going to work and look the best before you do the cut out in tile or what ever that piece may need to fit. My favorite and what i done most of the time was the doorworks i learned more tricks and secrets to make the frames and doors work good and look good than i would have ever thought doorworks can be hard but at the same time its fun and makes you have to think first also every door is different. We were like a big family on the site we looked out for each other we help each other worked good together and we are got along good and acted like men. Safety was the biggest and the most important thing in our work day everyday. DPR had a safety meeting every wednesday after our nine o'clock break. The hardest part of my job was the physical labor it took to sling the unistrut up when I was first hired but also, became one of my favorite jobs. The most enjoyable though was the doorworks there was just so much and so many different thing you have to know and perform right for it to all come to together and work but also have a good finish product look to make the costumer happy and yourself if you take pride in your work like i do.
DPR Construction was the BEST company I've ever had the pleasure to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Redwood City, CASeptember 3, 2013
Pros: great company, greater people.
DPR is all about building GREAT THINGS, and that's exactly what they've done for many years now. Going to work each day was always a pleasure and I looked forward to the new challenges each new day would bring. The people were exceptional and all trained professionals focused on one goal. We worked hard and were rewarded for our efforts, and everyone cared about each other. If you wanted to learn another persons job, the company would give you every opportunity for advancement, and do everything to see you meet your personal goals. I can't say enough about them. I was laid off due to reorganization, and I no longer had to drive the 100 mile round trip each day from Santa Cruz to Redwood City. I miss the company and all great people, but not the commute.
DPR is and has always been at the top of the list of the100 best companies to work for.
DPR
Senior Estimator (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 4, 2013
Pros: interesting projects, benefits, perks
Cons: somewhat lacking in leadership direction
I worked on various pre-construction projects around the Bay area.
DPR had a strong company-based culture, and provided many perks to employees such as a company vehicle, expenses paid, lunches and monthly banquets.
Excellent Place With Opportunity To Work On The Cutting Edge Projects in the Industry
Project Manager (Current Employee), Temple, TXMay 5, 2013
Typical Work Day Always Included:

*Subcontractors/ Vendor / Client Interaction
* Potential Change Item/ RFI/ Submittal Review
* Financial Controls - Labor, Material, Equipment
* Material & Equipment Management
* Field Quality Control

Lessons Learned:
You learn invaluable lessons in building relationships with clients, designers, and subcontractors. You learn specific skills about financially managing project and administratively managing a project. You learn how to make the economical decisions and decisions in line with company culture.

Co-Workers:
Everyone at DPR was enjoyable to work with.

Hardest Part of the Job:

Can also be construed as the most exciting part of the job. You are given MOUNTAINS of responsibility from your first day on a job.

Most Enjoyable Part of the Job:

Interacting with people.
Not a fun place
Senior Estimator (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CASeptember 20, 2012
Pros: free snacks
Cons: bad management
Did not like working there, poor management style. Had to live for the company
Productive and fun workplace.
Laborer/Carpenter (Former Employee), Forest City, NCSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Really good management. Great place to work for. A typical day at work would be. Get to work at 6 stretch and get to daily activities.
Very high profile clients, fast and exciting work.
Superintendent (Former Employee), Portland, ORAugust 14, 2012
Pros: i got an oppertunity to become a superintendent with dpr.
Cons: they closed up thier office and left me 2500 miles from home.
Managers are very reliable, and support their Superintendents. I was exposed to many "big time" operations and proceedures with DPR. They are a large nation wide operation, that seems to me to be in comlpete control, which now days is uncommon.
Amazing place, amazing people, amazing culture
Field Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 24, 2012
Pros: everything
Cons: the only con was that the economy tanked and i got laid off.
Assisted executives by coordinating office services. Provided administrative support to Project Managers, Project Engineers, Superintendents, field employees as well as to executives of all subcontractors, all human resources’ functions. Collected and prepared owners closeout documents. Collected and prepared all contracts and RFI's. Spearheaded electronic filing system. Directed services, such as maintenance, repair, supplies, mail and files. Coordinated all office meetings and events.

I hope to work for DPR again someday. Everything from the culture to the values, and the people are all so amazing.
bad workplace with no room for advancement
Site services, General labor crew (Former Employee), Forest City, NCJuly 5, 2012
Pros: free lunches once a month
Cons: never any water to drink and no room for advancement at all
i learnerd that unless you are a drunk and kiss a@# to the unexperience foremans that you will not go any were with this company. I worked hard for 8 months with DPR and 2 weeks after my baby son was born i was "layed off". the same day that they had a job fair? Doesnt make a bit of since to me!!
Golden Goose
Project Engineer (Former Employee)May 27, 2011
I started as an intern in the SSG department of the San Diego Office. Young in the work force, I was looked upon as a potential for the a future position in the firm. I worked hard and was hired on to a full time position. I was put through extensive training and encouraged to pursue my degree. After a short 2 years i was headhunted and enticed by a smaller growing commercial contractor. Being naive and blinded by a bump in pay I sadly sold the Golden Goose (DPR) for far too little. DPR is with out a doubt the most unique and inviting office culture i've been apart of. If you have a chance to work for this firm, take it from me, the grass is not greener on the other side.
Thanks