DPR Construction Employee Reviews

No support
Senior Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCMarch 6, 2017
No support from the office side of things. A company of if you know SOMEBODY you will get raises and promotions but if you dont you will not last long. Office does things there way and field the opposite.. Totally one sided. No raises or bonuses as promised, always excuses
Pros
company truck
Cons
un trustworthy, lie, office one sided
a good place to work.
Construction Helper (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJanuary 4, 2017
work day at d.p.r. keeping everything in order around the construction site. and making sure the workers have all the materials thatthey need to do theytest for too day.
Pros
catered food sometimes.
Cons
Outstanding company to work for
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 7, 2017
DPR feels like family, outstanding culture, excellent communication throughout all tiers. Great work/life balance, their focus is on the people and the work we do.
They work super well with workers in every job site
Metal Framer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 15, 2016
Safety is very well carried out through the company, always making sure every worker goes home safe. Company provides tools and equipment, any damages or worn out tools are covered and replaced.
Changing
Field Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  SF & SSFOctober 24, 2016
The culture is changing with the new leaders. Learned a lot and there were many opportunities for training. The pay was good and most of the people were nice.
Great Company Great Culture
Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 2, 2016
Great place to work, definitely live by the work hard play hard motto. Benefits are pretty standard compared to the competition.
Amazing company with even more amazing employees!
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 7, 2016
This company broke the list of Top 10 Companies to Work For in the U.S. by Forbes Magazine in 2014 for a reason. They simply are the best general contractor to work for nationwide. Very highly recommended!
I worked there during summer and so far it was a decent job with the pay i got.
Laborers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJanuary 12, 2016
I worked for DPR during summer and got paid minimum wage. I was treated fairly well, and worked an easy job. I have nothing bad to say about this job at all. Unfortunately the job is no longer in service.
Company has a lot of good Values.
Commercial Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 6, 2015
Working with DPR has given me a lot of skills to use as
I progress in my Career as a Commercial Superintendent.
I was given many different types of projects exterior finish out
to interior remodel. We always had a lot of support in the office.
Pros
Lot's of oppertunity for new students coming out of scholl.
Cons
Very large company and politics sometimes play a big part.
Golden Goose
Project Engineer (Former Employee)May 27, 2011
I started as an intern in the SSG department of the San Diego Office. Young in the work force, I was looked upon as a potential for the a future position in the firm. I worked hard and was hired on to a full time position. I was put through extensive training and encouraged to pursue my degree. After a short 2 years i was headhunted and enticed by a smaller growing commercial contractor. Being naive and blinded by a bump in pay I sadly sold the Golden Goose (DPR) for far too little. DPR is with out a doubt the most unique and inviting office culture i've been apart of. If you have a chance to work for this firm, take it from me, the grass is not greener on the other side.
Thanks
Amazing place, amazing people, amazing culture
Field Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 24, 2012
Assisted executives by coordinating office services. Provided administrative support to Project Managers, Project Engineers, Superintendents, field employees as well as to executives of all subcontractors, all human resources’ functions. Collected and prepared owners closeout documents. Collected and prepared all contracts and RFI's. Spearheaded electronic filing system. Directed services, such as maintenance, repair, supplies, mail and files. Coordinated all office meetings and events.

I hope to work for DPR again someday. Everything from the culture to the values, and the people are all so amazing.
Pros
everything
Cons
the only con was that the economy tanked and i got laid off.
great company to work for.
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Northern CaliforniaNovember 12, 2015
Enjoyed my experience however, I left to advance my career at a more rapid pace with another company and to pursue my own business.
Pros
great team effort at every level
Cons
a lot of chiefs and not many indians
good place to work
carpenter,drywall finisher (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CANovember 12, 2015
Its a great place to work but there is no job security,besides that it was great.It has very good atmosphere,it is a great job if you are only looking for temporary work.
Pros
great pay
Cons
no job security
bad workplace with no room for advancement
Site services, General labor crew (Former Employee) –  Forest City, NCJuly 5, 2012
i learnerd that unless you are a drunk and kiss a@# to the unexperience foremans that you will not go any were with this company. I worked hard for 8 months with DPR and 2 weeks after my baby son was born i was "layed off". the same day that they had a job fair? Doesnt make a bit of since to me!!
Pros
free lunches once a month
Cons
never any water to drink and no room for advancement at all
Great experience
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 6, 2014
Enjoy all my time with this company. A typical week was usually something of a busy schedule. There are always a lot of tasks to be completed and projects to work on. I learned many skills on site. Management was always doing their best to take care of their workers. Co-workers were always friendly and helpful. The most enjoyable part was working outside and having a hand in creating something of significance.
Very high profile clients, fast and exciting work.
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 14, 2012
Managers are very reliable, and support their Superintendents. I was exposed to many "big time" operations and proceedures with DPR. They are a large nation wide operation, that seems to me to be in comlpete control, which now days is uncommon.
Pros
i got an oppertunity to become a superintendent with dpr.
Cons
they closed up thier office and left me 2500 miles from home.
Not a good place to work at, too many unproductive meetings.
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 3, 2014
Only salaried personnel get full benefits. If you are an hourly employee the only benefit you get is health insurance. That sucks!! Office was always tense (unless you get drunk). You rather be in the field.
Pros
They review your performance once a year
Cons
You have to suck up to your reviewer to get promoted
Excellent Place With Opportunity To Work On The Cutting Edge Projects in the Industry
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 5, 2013
Typical Work Day Always Included:

*Subcontractors/ Vendor / Client Interaction
* Potential Change Item/ RFI/ Submittal Review
* Financial Controls - Labor, Material, Equipment
* Material & Equipment Management
* Field Quality Control

Lessons Learned:
You learn invaluable lessons in building relationships with clients, designers, and subcontractors. You learn specific skills about financially managing project and administratively managing a project. You learn how to make the economical decisions and decisions in line with company culture.

Co-Workers:
Everyone at DPR was enjoyable to work with.

Hardest Part of the Job:

Can also be construed as the most exciting part of the job. You are given MOUNTAINS of responsibility from your first day on a job.

Most Enjoyable Part of the Job:

Interacting with people.
Dpr
Senior Estimator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 4, 2013
I worked on various pre-construction projects around the Bay area.
DPR had a strong company-based culture, and provided many perks to employees such as a company vehicle, expenses paid, lunches and monthly banquets.
Pros
Interesting projects, benefits, perks
Cons
Somewhat lacking in leadership direction
DPR Construction was the BEST company I've ever had the pleasure to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CASeptember 3, 2013
DPR is all about building GREAT THINGS, and that's exactly what they've done for many years now. Going to work each day was always a pleasure and I looked forward to the new challenges each new day would bring. The people were exceptional and all trained professionals focused on one goal. We worked hard and were rewarded for our efforts, and everyone cared about each other. If you wanted to learn another persons job, the company would give you every opportunity for advancement, and do everything to see you meet your personal goals. I can't say enough about them. I was laid off due to reorganization, and I no longer had to drive the 100 mile round trip each day from Santa Cruz to Redwood City. I miss the company and all great people, but not the commute.
DPR is and has always been at the top of the list of the100 best companies to work for.
Pros
Great Company, greater people.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DPR Construction. Our community is ready to answer.