DPS Employee Reviews

Not paid
Case manager & Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  NCJuly 23, 2017
Underpaided long hours would not suggest getting a job. Your are the guilty party and the offenders run the show. Would not suggest unless you enjoy being looked at as a criminal.
Lead Designer (Former Employee) –  Brookline, NHJune 13, 2017
DPS was a nice place to work. The company built process piping skids for the biopharmaceutical industry. As a result, the working conditions were kept very clean.
Pros
Clean, interesting work
ok
packer (Former Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WIApril 11, 2017
get on the line and start working in a line with other to make rate superviior was ok nothing was hard about it i loved working with all my coworkers every time
Pros
everything was fine
Cons
pay
Job stability
Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 7, 2017
Working for DPS is challenging and takes a lot of commitment to the department. If you're looking for job stability then DPS is definitely the career for you.
Pros
Great health benefits, retirement plans, 401K, vacation time, NC Flex benefits, dental benefits, eye care benefits, and lots more.
Cons
Little to no breaks, long twelve hour shifts, and mentally draining
Nice easy going job
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 1, 2017
It was fine working for DPS I worked at your place it's easy to get job description down pack. I like it most it was steady year round
ok
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Watertown, WIFebruary 10, 2017
its not fun. people are rude not enough help when you need it there is no communication people like to just mess around when work needs to be done not worth working there
Grueling
Kepner Middle School (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 7, 2017
The pay is higher at DPS. The unreasonable expectations that require 100+ hours a week of work make a long term career at DPS impossible. Be prepared to change directions and expectations of work to be delivered on an hourly basis. Five to ten supervisors will compete to change expectations (often conflicting) and be equally angry when you don't fulfill those expectations.
very easy to use
Dental Assistant/ Costumers Service (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VADecember 18, 2016
I was recommend by a friend to use indeed, and I love it. being a new nursing I see lots a different job opportunity on here.
I need to work for and employer with growth and potenial
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 11, 2016
I should have learned more I asked to learn more my supervisor could care less and did not show leadership for all employees whom wanted more than just a part-time position.
Pros
To learn other positions
Cons
bonus
Its ok
Sand blaster (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 1, 2016
The job it's self is great but there is no security. There is a lot of time off with no pay. It's hard to pay your bills when you aren't working. But when you are working you are fine
Teamwork
Custodian Helper (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, CONovember 6, 2016
Working for DPS is fun employees are help each other when doing the job as long as you do your run everything will be okay I enjoy working for DPS.
Enjoyable friendly enviroment
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 14, 2016
Wonderful staff to work for , worked around children , learned a lot about equipment summer work is the hardest part about the job. we worked together as a close family and I enjoyed keeping the school clean for the children very rewarding.
Pros
lunch from staff
Cons
short breaks
Enjoyed my job for 25+ years
Retired MN State Trooper. 09/25/1978-09/07/2005 (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 16, 2016
Enjoyed the moments when you see the smiles on people's faces after a crash as you arrive. Reassurances by the publics opinion of you and your agency make a world of difference.

Being independent had its rewards because no one micromanaged you on patrol. Supervision was something you had to adjust to.

What better job could you ask for? You took your squad home, uniforms were provided, although the boots, socks, and underwear you had to provide.

You signed on to your shift and started patrolling your station, met with your partners, and hopefully, went home at the end of your shift.

Life was good.
Pros
Read above
Cons
Not everyone was pleasant, but that was okay, because I had the last act.
Good job culture.
Quality Control Inspector / Warehouse Production (Former Employee) –  Palmayra, WIAugust 9, 2016
Hard work was recognized and rewarded. Great "team" of employees. I learned new skills as a Quality Control Inspector that I could couple with my clerical / administrative background to advance myself within the position.
my daily job duties
Correctional officer (Current Employee) –  Butner, NCMay 18, 2016
on daily basis I mange and supervise up to 130 inmates I make sure they eat and keep a clean living environment. I work 12 hour shifts and work the night shift. I also have been trianed to be an acting sergeant.
Lots of traveling, learning experience
FIELD TECH (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 8, 2016
I loved working for DPS GROUP except they didn't appreciate their workers as they once did. Poor project management and it had gotten to where I didn't love my job anymore
A great safe friendly enviorment to work and luagh!
Sped paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 23, 2015
I work for an hour every day in one classroom untill 9:30. Then I come and work with my one-on-one student untill 2:30. After that I work in a different class room untill 3:30. During my down time I make copies and do other thing the teacher asked me to do.
Pros
Great co-workers, free food at the end of the month, and get holidays and weekend off. Also we get the summer off.
Cons
Waking up early!
productive and not so good of job
assembly line worker (Former Employee) –  fort atkinson wiFebruary 23, 2015
i don't really like it there because i am a real hands on worker and standing in one spot all day is not very productive to me and i get bored of it so its not the job for me
Pros
you get payed
Cons
short brakes and louse pay
Poor Management
Lead Electrician Forman (Former Employee) –  Covington, GASeptember 2, 2014
Poor Management, no advancement and not enough work to keep
employees paid
i liked working there employees and management were very friendly
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIDecember 6, 2013
I enjoyed running the plastic injected machines and learning how they operate
Pros
friendly owners
Cons
pay rate was not that good