DPT Laboratories Employee Reviews

Terrible pay, no promotions
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 9, 2017
Level of pay is far lower than average in the field and city for employees with a degree. There is no ability to move up in this small company. When I worked there, I was doing the job of 3 people. I tried to negotiate a pay raise of a very small amount to stay and not take another offer elsewhere. They didn't give me any incentive to stay. After I left, they hired 3 people to replace me and paid them each $10K more a year than I was earning. They will overwork anyone without providing any incentive or reward.
Managers are burned out because they would like to help their employees more but have zero authority. The owner dictates everything.The people who work there are all very nice, but this privately owned company is far too greedy for it's own good.
This is a high energy, fast paced environment to deliver products within specific time frames. The best part is working with all the pharmaceutical business partners.
It's a small company that is good for someone early in their career to learn a lot about pharmaceuticals. Not a good place to grow in one's career. Pretty stressful most of the time and there are many unhappy employees there.
Pros
Experience in Pharmaceuticals, Friendly co-workers
Cons
Low pay, no promotions, stressful environment
Flexible contract Manufacturing
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2017
The culture is not diverse. Manufacturing is based off contracts. Commercial and R&D Products. The most enjoyable part of the job is providing the client with positive results. The hardest part of the job is explaining issues to clients concerning their batches.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Old Equipment
Professional Enviornment
Line Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 25, 2017
I worked on an assembly line changing it depending the product being ran. I also did preventative maintenance weekly and monthly. In charge of making sure the line ran in order.
Pros
Motivated team.
Cons
Sometimes had to backtrack.
DPT laboratories in an exciting company to work for.
Manufacturing Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJSeptember 26, 2016
DPT laboratories has provided me with many challenges in that is a sterile and semi sterile manufacturing facility.
I have learned the processes involved with manufacturing sub lingual, nasal sprays, ointments as well injectables in different levels of controlled environments.
Dynamic Fast paced environment
Scientist I, Supervisor Raw Material Group (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJAugust 18, 2016
I loved the pace. It was quick with short deadlines associated with manufacturing. A typical day would start with raw materials and bulk and finished products to be tested. There was usually an urgency associated with testing as manufacturing, packaging or shipping depended on the results. Interacting with my co-workers was the most enjoyable part of my day followed by a sense of achievement when a raw material was released and used in manufacturing. The hardest part of the job, as a supervisor, was keeping a few long term employees focused and on track.
Pros
Fun, fast-paced environment
Cons
sometimes we would test the same materials depending on which contract we were working on
Challenging place to learn different techniques using different types of HPLC, GC and UPLC
Senior Scientist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 16, 2016
DPT laboratories has a lot of different products and extraction techniques that helped me to improve my skills as a chemist. also, the opportunity to work with equipment of new technology and Empower 3 helped me to be in contact to the new generation of system used nowadays in the pharmaceutical world.
a typical day at work
Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJMarch 7, 2016
Review records for disposition of commercial & clinical Pharmaceutical products. Communication within company is challenging and often repeated job duties.
Pros
Very good manager to report to
Cons
Kaos best describes work environment
operator 2
Operator 2 (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 7, 2016
a typical day at work is running trying to get the product done clean clear start the next batch. their is a lot of favoritism here, but you do get a chance to move up if you like you learn a lot if you talk to the right people management their OK i guess they always moving people and stuff around so it is pretty hard to say co workers are fine, but people forget this is work and not a hook up spot. the hardest part of the job is dealing with the favoritism and when nobody has their duck its lined up i makes the day go longer and the enjoyably part is finish a line that was giving us problems and going home.
Challenging work for a facilities/packaging engineer
PROJECT ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 22, 2015
Great place to work as a contract employee. As project engineer, was brought in to take over two product packaging lines that were behind schedule. Determined part way thru that the product development at the beginning was not fully completed by previous project team, so had to go back to drawing board and re-prove the process and refining the product delivery process, so that it would work to clients specifications. Job turned into product development and packaging engineering, with tight timelines.
Pros
Challenging projects to work on
Cons
high management turn over
growing company and good co workers but very poor management
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJJuly 7, 2015
A typical day at work is always challenging.
Lack of communication within all the levels of Management. Thus, unable to help with others accountability.
Have excellent co-workers in certain departments.
Work hard Pay less.
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with other people.
Pros
Free lunches only
Cons
no recognition for hard work until the day of resignation

Want to know more about DPT Laboratories?

Ask a question
Productive and fun
Quality/Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJApril 14, 2015
Loving people, my supervisor was good and encourages me to do better. She also motivates my ambition and support me in the areas i needed help.
Very busy place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 17, 2014
17 different packaging lines. Bottles and tube lines.

Refined my multi-tasking skills.

A lot of blaming by management if something went wrong.

Managing unorganized change

Disruptive environment
Cons
Health care
DPT review
Biotechnology- Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJDecember 9, 2014
Biotechnology department is not a place where you really need to use your head or things you've learned through academia. There is a lot of repetition. The days aren't stressful and you learn basic lab techniques which are good for a starting/entry level position into a pharamaceutical lab but as far as a job for a career this is not a place to look for that. As like most places politics is a big part of this department and seemingly unhappy employees is a result. The hardest part of the job is really communication with management. The most enjoyable part is that you are not micromanaged with time. You receive a set schedule every day and it's up to you to complete the tasks.
Pros
scheduling, basic lab techniques
Cons
management
Hard-working individuals in a growing industry
Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 28, 2014
DPT is a quickly growing organization with a foothold in the CDMO industry. Individuals at DPT work hard and long, but not always smart.
Pros
Competitive Salaries
Cons
LONG days
One of the best place to work.
Aseptic Technician (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJMay 19, 2014
Enjoying working at DPT. Good Management. Very well organized company, co- workers are very professional.
Pros
free water
Cons
Short breaks.
Machine tech.
Machine Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 5, 2013
Assembled/Disassemble pumps, piping, hoses, and filler machines daily on multiple lines. Drive forklifts carrying materials and medicine tanks.
Pros
New fun work expierence
Money
QA (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 4, 2013
If your an QA, then the pay is great, but you pay for that money with a stress level that unhealthy.Poor Management, Lack of communication,
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Everything else in DPT.
Not a bad place
gq operator (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJSeptember 25, 2013
Not a bad atmosphere but tough for further career advancement.
very busy working environment
Line Inspector (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 28, 2013
big company, working with different kinds of products on manufacturing. team work, always get the job done, overtime is offered on busy season.
Pros
holiday gifts provided, all benefits offered, overtime paid often
Cons
work too much no time for family
Once a good company to work for but management has run the company into the ground.
Sr. Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 4, 2013
A typical day at work is never the same and is always challenging. Management is unable to help with others accountability. Have excellent co-workers in certain departments and the hardest part of the job is trying to complete a task when you have to wait on another department to give you the information. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with other people.