Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Dr Pepper Snapple Group Employee Reviews in United States

Profitability was highly dependable on our ability to prodive great customer service to foster and build customer relations/loyalty
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 26, 2016
The managers required us to create an environment that screams comfort, safe, healthy, and clean as soon a customer entered the door. That indirectly allows our customer's to enjoy our fabulous food and services.
busy plant
Full Service Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 26, 2016
Deliver product and collect money in a timely manner. Make sure that the customers are satisfy with products and service. make sure that the machines, coolers and other services that dispense on the rout are maintained and working properly. I knew how to service and troubleshoot the machines so they would not be out of service long or the tech guys wouldn't have to come out.
Pros
always on the go, meeting the customers
Cons
hard to replace me
Had high hopes about company. Quickly learned I was lied to in interview.
Puller/Loader (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 25, 2016
Always being short staffed made for long days. Management was never concerned with employees well being. Most coworkers were more concerned with their smartphones then getting the job done.
Pros
Discounted soda
Cons
Fourteen to sixteen hour days, Five days straight
Fun business that changed for the worse.
Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  NumerousMay 23, 2016
Was a great company to work for until it became too funcationalized. Became a company of systems instead of a people company.
Fast Paced Hard Work
Merchandiser/Customer service (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 22, 2016
good place to work, had great benefits and pay but the hours were bad and it was very hard, fast paced work. it was nice working with people in the different stores.
Pallet Builder (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 21, 2016
A typical day at work at Dr Pepper is outstanding due to all the smiling faces and great management.

All co-workers are very helpful and willing to take care of other employees.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing all the soda being made and getting to drink them,
Good Pay, Long Hours
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 18, 2016
Solid pay with a pretty good management system. Must work weekends and all holidays so it may be a hard job to hold while maintaining a solid family relationship.
Pros
good pay, solid job security
Cons
all holidays worked, low communication between team members
A Smart Company
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 17, 2016
Dr. Pepper is a smart company with a lot of smart upper level managers. I learned a lot about identifying root cause, holding people accountable, and how things work in a faced pace manufacturing environment. There are some good employees that work there. They are a high performing organization, and have some good plans in the works.
Pros
High performing company
Cons
Low pay for supervisors and hourly employees
Slave type of environment
Order Builder/ Loader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2016
Besides getting paid every week this job was like being trapped. Stayed in till 9:00 in the morning and we clock in at 5 in the afternoon. Only give you 10 minute breaks. Forklift operators move on they time causing the floor runners productivity to go down because of the slow fork lift drivers. Hardest part of the job was to keep your productivity up when there's so many distractions inside the warehouse.
What I enjoyed most was the pay every friday.
Horrible place to work
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 13, 2016
Stay away if you want a life, they thing they own you. Management is complete trash. Senior mechanics don't want to show you anything. Supervisor things everyone is an idiot. Just complete trash. I'm glad I got away.
Pros
Ok pay
Hard work, but great for those who can handle it.
Loader (Former Employee) –  Edwards, ILMay 12, 2016
Can have long hours in the holiday seasons, and can be hard night after night but it repays itself with the paychecks. Great for younger people up to the task.
Cut throat and alot of good old boy mentality
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 3, 2016
A lot of backstabbing,favoritism. Management has a high turnover rate. Management is very lazy. You have to use your own vehicle for work and the compensation is pitiful. Human resources is a secretary with a different title.
Pros
There aren't any
Cons
Management, they can't seem to get their ships going in the same direction
Productive and fun place to work.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 26, 2016
A typical day working with Snapple was very exciting and easy going. I loved working with the managers and my coworkers.
Pros
Lunch anytime
Cons
Long days
Don't make it a life long career
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 23, 2016
Been a driver for over 30 years. I've been doing bulk delivery (Drop Delivery to Supermarkets) for a long time. The company is now transitioning away from bulk to mini bulk ( Some drops to supermarkets and the rest of your stops are side loader stops servicing convenience stores etc.) I think it's so older workers will retire or quit. Some of the drivers at my warehouse have been on no touch bulk for 20 plus years, now these guys are in their 60's and expected to do hard physical labor again. Again, I think it's to get the older guys out. Ever since Dr.Pepper/Snapple took over American Bottling it seems like their main focus has been on job elimination. I make good pay and benefits and enjoy the people and customers, but the company has really gone downhill. Find a different place to work.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Company doesn't look after older employees
Warehouse atmosphere
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 20, 2016
A very time-consuming job which demands 50-60 hours a week, which was fine with me until school interfered. Working long hours mostly made the supervisors and managers stressed from the inability to finish production goals.
Utility Operator, Lead (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 19, 2016
The facility has wonderful benefits, the training and development for employers to learn different things that has been added over the years needs a lot of improvement, The management team needs further training on how to treat people fairly as well as communication with employees, learning mechanical set ups are the hardest as far as change for people with a naked eye for the task
Department I worked in was run by a dictator
Manager of Product Development (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 18, 2016
Treated professional staff like hourlies. Checking on arrival times, leaving times, no time off for personal issues. Any type of celebrations, employee socialization discouraged.
Successful company that is crunching out talant
Sr Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 11, 2016
When viewed externally, this company is a money generating machine. They pump out dividends, stock buyback, and stock price growth.

When viewed internally, this company provides little to nothing for career growth. Unless you are part of the inside team, you'll get no job advancement regardless of your contribution or talent.

The one thing to note is the current trends of this company internally, and that is it's RCI program. Already, decision making has moved from management to the RCI team. And pretty soon, heads will begin to roll as the last apple on the tree will be headcount. Most talent are currently looking to leave, so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless it's the only offer you can get.
Pros
Easy Job, almost no work load
Cons
No job advancement, horrible pay if not on inside team.
Productive place to work
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 10, 2016
Enjoyed my time working there. Friendly staff, and manager are very helpful. Always space to grow with this company. Great benefits. Family like environment.
Pros
Helpful managers and staff
Cons
Very short lunch breaks
Very fun and energetic company to work for.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  MAPPLE HEIGHTSApril 4, 2016
Dr. Pepper Snapple Group is a very good company to work for. It is a company that promotes within and recognizes the employees who have self motivation and determination to further their career and improve the companies image and production. The management allows employees to navigate through the day in the manner that best suits the individual as long as it is within company policy and the individuals work is completed.
Pros
Self motivation creates more opportunity, and work at your own pace

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dr Pepper Snapple Group. Our community is ready to answer.