Dr Pepper Snapple Group Employee Reviews

Good benefits horrible company to work for
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILDecember 2, 2016
Management doesn't care. Benefits are very good. Expect way more work than the amount your getting paid. Don't expect any raise after 90 days either. Have to clean up daily after other countries workers.some associates get special treatment, Or favored. Getting written up for others mistakes or laziness. No advancementS or promotions in the company. Never being able to plan anything. Very unorganized. Never getting days off that you request.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
No pay, too much work, no raises, unfair bosses
A place where you are free to work in solitude
CTA Finance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 4, 2016
My day consist of entering in several payments and saving them for the auditors to process for payments. Since being at the job I have learned more about deductions, credits, debits, and balances. Management can be improved, but for the most part it is efficient. My co-workers are pleasant to be around and we work as a team. I would say the hardest part of the job is being tasked to do a last minute project as it can take some time and slow down my usual process. My most enjoyable experience at the job is conversing with the different salespeople and vendors and as a result building relations.
Pros
There is always something new to learn of you look for it
Cons
The communication is to be desired
A lot of hands on
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  RiversideDecember 1, 2016
Good hours, plenty of work, and meet new people cause your going to stores. Stocking and building soda displays can get old but if your like me and take pride in your work then you'll love it. You always have challenges and extra work due to the orders are based off sales so you just stock what the sales manager orders and can be extreme at times.
Pros
On your own, hardly any bosses hovering
Cons
A lot of bending over and being a safe worker is a plus
Terrible place to work for
Loader (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 23, 2016
They don't care about the warehouse employees and they never follow OSHA rules. Do not support this company please!
They give free water, only plus. Poor training on mechanical equipment and then they blame you for getting an injury.

They treat you like junk and don't follow their own rules. People without CDL drive and that is against the law as well.
Pros
None maybe pay but not really worth it in the en
Cons
Never off on time, poor management.
Interesting and challenging
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILOctober 4, 2016
Our day generally started with fork lift inspection, or cip of fillers, or prep. which ever machine I was scheduled to.
One thing I learned was the benefit of communication between maintenance and management and operators.
Though not always in agreement with management, I realized they had an agenda and as an employee, my job was to make it happen.
I had the opportunity to work with mostly fun interesting people.
Honestly, it was the unscheduled overtime.
Meeting the effiencies of the scheduled run
Pros
Knowing the challenges we would be faced with each day
Cons
The distance I needed to travel each day
Management only cares about cutting cost
Utility Operator/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILSeptember 30, 2016
Worked there 10 years. Had plenty of chances to move ahead but was held back due to illiterate supervisors and mangers. Was promised pay raises and better positions only to have them offered to someone else. Did work and didn't get paid the same pay rate as the employees whose jobs it was to do the work. They want you to do for them but when it's time for them to do for you they give you cold shoulder. Be careful because they'll take credit for your ideas and hard work.
Straight Forward
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 23, 2016
Convenient, comfortable environment. Close to transportation. Not much room for advancement opportunity. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to maintain great, memorable relationships with customers, clientele and staff. Hardest part of the job was not being appreciated for all the extra, unpaid work you do. Management could definitely use some work.
Hot backrooms
Lead Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 11, 2016
Typical day would start with an early morning around 5 a.m. Three to five stores would be my responsibility throughout the day to provide excellent service. Service included stocking any dr. pepper based product to any location where dr. pepper products are located. Finally at the end of every successful stock, i clean and maintain the backroom and make sure pallets are wrapped and everything is organized and neat.
Pros
Managed my own work schedule throughout the day
Cons
NONE
Everyday was a learning experience.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Hazel Crest, ILOctober 27, 2016
A typical day at work for me was, I got my hand held computer. The next step punch in my personal codes. The accounts would be loaded on the hand held, so than I had to make sure all the product that I needed was loaded correctly on my truck. Afterwards time for delivering, and satisfying the customers.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
Sometimes the weather was too hot or cold.
A decent company to work for
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 6, 2016
I've worked at Dr Pepper for 5 years now. Great co workers but terrible management. Management just cares about themselves and not their employees. I was a merchandiser we did all the hard work along side with the drivers. But we were payed bad and got no perks. While the salesman and managers get payed better and get many perks but they do little work and have a easy day.
Pros
401K, health care, union
Cons
bad management, long hours, no help when needed
Very Good Company ethics and values.
Inventory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 5, 2016
In 25 years with the company I learned a lot regarding warehouse/logistics, Inventory, production scheduling and planning, lean operations, management, supply chain, SAP and overall operations of a beverage manufacturing facility. I was able to experience travel within the company to help launch SAP WMS applications to other facilities within the company. Dealt with and learned a lot from a very diverse group of great people in the 20 plus years at DPSG.
Pros
Great healthcare and benifits.
Cons
micro management tendencies throughout the business from top down
A company more concerned with production rather than employee engagement
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 14, 2016
I ended up leaving this position due to the hostile work environment created by the logistics supervisor.
This person had a 5 year history of employee complaints and abrasive training methods but because he's good at his job- he's been kept on.
I escalated my concerns to senior management and nothing was done. I even brought it to the attention of HR...an nothing was done.

I would've loved to have worked in another department for this company but they wouldn't work with this request as it wasn't company policy and despite the documented reputation this supervisor had. I even ended up filing a complaint with the labor board and the EOEC.
Pros
discounted prices on water and soda
Cons
forced to work in a hostile enviroment or leave
Not a family friendly/employee friendly company
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 15, 2016
I worked for this company through a third party for exactly one year when we were surprised to find out we were going to be out of a job in a month. The entire time I worked for this company we had stressful days, and dealt with angry customers on a regular basis. All due to their controversial commercials and product tag lines. We were not informed to be prepared for such days, or product "updates". We weren't provided with coupons, or discounts, or anything from this company. But it was expected of us to consume their product.
Pros
Easy documentation done, easy programs and good hours
Cons
Angry customers, Heavy call volume, not provided info as requested.
Decent Pay, Long Hours
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Edwards, ILAugust 14, 2016
The job is not that hard but it is physical and there is really no balance between a personal life and work. A typical day consists of driving to your first store running the backstock on days there isn't an order, and running the order on order days then condensing and maintaining your area in the backroom. You rarely see your co-workers unless there is a meeting. The most enjoyable part of the job is working by yourself.
A fast pace job enviroment with great opportunites to gain great customer working relationships.
Account Manager UDS (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 6, 2016
A work day full of activity in the area of product replenishment.
Meet an assortment of different types of people and characters.
Meet daily challenging on the spot obstacles.
Pros
Great exposure to showcase yourself.
Cons
Limited time in getting from location to location.
Productive with hard work
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 18, 2016
Start my day at 3:00 ,most days ends at 4:00 am .Working 6 to 7 days a week. No family life. Typical day at work ,train team members on various equipment ,help relieve operators for lunch and breaks . Change machines over to run different package sizes. Conduct shift meetings ,about Safety, production scheduling and quality .
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 24, 2016
Great company and loyal employees who are passionate about their contributions to the company and their impact in it. Management is driven and focuses on the employees to make sure that the company and every employee knows how much impact they have on a daily basis.
The exciting part of the day in Finance is the reporting and analysis of the company and how well everyone works together to get things done. The culture is driven and humble as every employee treats each other with respect.
Pros
Benefits Package, employees, culture and career advancement
we made it fun to work there
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 20, 2016
arrive at your first store, pray the delivery was there, stock shelves & display, head to next store... I learned that if you work with store managers, you'll get more product in & sometimes bigger displays..my co-workers for most part were great, but we all have our good days & bad days... the hard part of the job was moving the product on the pallets in the stores, & building your displays, plus making sure enough product was ordered so you didn't run out, which happened more than once or twice.... the enjoyable part of the job was when the store managers thanked you for doing a good job....
Great and exciting place to work
Sales Director Caribbean & Latin America (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 5, 2016
Great brands, smart people and lots of opportunities for development. Making a nice career there and allows everyone to grow. Most enjoyable part of job is making consumers and retailers happy!!
Pros
Products are simply great!
Cons
No profit sharing opportunities for all levels
Previous Employer
Combo Driver (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 22, 2016
Good job, good benefits, I enjoyed working with my co workers. The hardest part of my job was not knowing if there was going to be reloads at the end of my route. I wasn't able to plan anything after work. The most enjoyable part of my job was building a report with my customers.
Pros
Pallet Drops
Cons
Unexpected Reloads

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dr Pepper Snapple Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7