Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Dr Pepper Snapple Group Employee Reviews

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 24, 2016
Great company and loyal employees who are passionate about their contributions to the company and their impact in it. Management is driven and focuses on the employees to make sure that the company and every employee knows how much impact they have on a daily basis.
The exciting part of the day in Finance is the reporting and analysis of the company and how well everyone works together to get things done. The culture is driven and humble as every employee treats each other with respect.
Pros
Benefits Package, employees, culture and career advancement
Good benefits horrible company to work for
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILDecember 2, 2016
Management doesn't care. Benefits are very good. Expect way more work than the amount your getting paid. Don't expect any raise after 90 days either. Have to clean up daily after other countries workers.some associates get special treatment, Or favored. Getting written up for others mistakes or laziness. No advancementS or promotions in the company. Never being able to plan anything. Very unorganized. Never getting days off that you request.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
No pay, too much work, no raises, unfair bosses
Very Good Company ethics and values.
Inventory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 5, 2016
In 25 years with the company I learned a lot regarding warehouse/logistics, Inventory, production scheduling and planning, lean operations, management, supply chain, SAP and overall operations of a beverage manufacturing facility. I was able to experience travel within the company to help launch SAP WMS applications to other facilities within the company. Dealt with and learned a lot from a very diverse group of great people in the 20 plus years at DPSG.
Pros
Great healthcare and benifits.
Cons
micro management tendencies throughout the business from top down
Dependable job for hardworking individuals
District Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 2, 2016
You start early, by 6am or so, finish when the work is completed for the day. Some employees are stretched thin, especially management. You will wear many hats most days and you are never going to have two days the same in most positions. It's very hot in the summer, very cold in the winter and you will get wet if it's wet outside. Most of the employees get along and do their best to help one another. The management can lose sight of the employees as their is always someone either higher up or laterally that expects more, better results. They pay reasonably, even if it doesn't always feel like it, the benefits are on par with other companies and you get a fair amount of PTO. You are expected to be at work 100% of the time that you do not request off, but if you are sick you are sick just be sure you get a doctors note. There are high expectations as every employee is given the opportunity for advancement if they work hard and do a good job. If you do not want to or did not go to college and are a young person, this company will give you every opportunity to advance.
Pros
Promote from within, give clear and understandable objectives.
Cons
Long days, work life balance could be much better, upper management seems to have lost focus on lower level
Management only cares about cutting cost
Utility Operator/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILSeptember 30, 2016
Worked there 10 years. Had plenty of chances to move ahead but was held back due to illiterate supervisors and mangers. Was promised pay raises and better positions only to have them offered to someone else. Did work and didn't get paid the same pay rate as the employees whose jobs it was to do the work. They want you to do for them but when it's time for them to do for you they give you cold shoulder. Be careful because they'll take credit for your ideas and hard work.
Cons
A decent company to work for
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 6, 2016
I've worked at Dr Pepper for 5 years now. Great co workers but terrible management. Management just cares about themselves and not their employees. I was a merchandiser we did all the hard work along side with the drivers. But we were payed bad and got no perks. While the salesman and managers get payed better and get many perks but they do little work and have a easy day.
Pros
401K, health care, union
Cons
bad management, long hours, no help when needed
Worst job i have ever had
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 3, 2016
I've had a lot of not so good jobs but this one takes the cake. The hours are usually long. The work load on my route was very heavy. Help was rarely offered even when requested on heavy sales weeks. Hardly ever the same person covering your route on your days off, which means the people covering it for you come in and barely do anything. Complained to management from top to bottom about cover people not doing the job they are suppose to do with no resolve. Management is not understanding of these issues and will just tell you anything to shut you up. If you want a raise for performance you will never get one. So the people who break their backs make just as much as the lazy employee who milks the clock. Management and sales never seem to know what's going on till very last min. Being forced to work later with almost no notice or no notice at all. Also the lowest paid merchandises out of all the pop companies. Store managers even if you are in good with them will still throw you under the bus for trivial things if it suits them. You would think the job sounds easy but it is not. It is a lot more labor intensive then people realize hence the revolving door of employees.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Pretty much everything top to bottom
Previous Employer
Combo Driver (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 22, 2016
Good job, good benefits, I enjoyed working with my co workers. The hardest part of my job was not knowing if there was going to be reloads at the end of my route. I wasn't able to plan anything after work. The most enjoyable part of my job was building a report with my customers.
Pros
Pallet Drops
Cons
Unexpected Reloads
Great people to work with but understaffed for the Walmart/Sam's Accounts
Category Analyst Walmart/Sam's Club Accounts (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARNovember 23, 2016
Though this company has a great group of people to work with, they do not staff the offices enough for the work load which tends to burn out their people.
Pros
Good benifits and good people
Cons
understaffing
Don't make it a life long career
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 23, 2016
Been a driver for over 30 years. I've been doing bulk delivery (Drop Delivery to Supermarkets) for a long time. The company is now transitioning away from bulk to mini bulk ( Some drops to supermarkets and the rest of your stops are side loader stops servicing convenience stores etc.) I think it's so older workers will retire or quit. Some of the drivers at my warehouse have been on no touch bulk for 20 plus years, now these guys are in their 60's and expected to do hard physical labor again. Again, I think it's to get the older guys out. Ever since Dr.Pepper/Snapple took over American Bottling it seems like their main focus has been on job elimination. I make good pay and benefits and enjoy the people and customers, but the company has really gone downhill. Find a different place to work.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Company doesn't look after older employees
typical delivery job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 20, 2016
Never know what route you'll be running but you will be home everyday. Be ready to work! Management eh? Managers constantly change. Very tiring but somewhat worth the pay
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
unloading truck, receivers wasting your time. typical delivery job
Driver wrote up soft brakes for month, cleared by fleet, accident, tried to terminate CDL driver
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 15, 2016
If you value your life and that of the drivers around you, DO NOT DRIVE THESE TRUCKS.

CONSISTENT BREAK DOWNS, AGING EQUIPMENT
NO NEW TRACTOR-TRAILERS PURCHASED
DEF ON PREMISE, NO WAY TO DISPENSE just a barrel
ELECTRIC PALLET JACKS NOT CHARGED FOR DRIVERS
HAND HELD DEVICES CRASHING ON DELIVERY ROUTES, MGR MAKES DRIVERS COME BACK TO BRANCH no matter how far
ORDERS BEING REFUSED, ACCOUNTS NEVER SEEN SALESMEN
FACE REPEATEDLY RIPPED OFF BY IRATE STORE MGRS
NONEXISTANT PAY RAISES
BRANCH DMs ARE USELESS, NO WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF TRUCKS, HAND HELDS, OR ANY DISTRIBUTION INFO

We desperately need a LEADER, EXPERIENCED BRANCH MGR. We had a winner once, a TRUE LEADER. This woman knew distro had CDL pulled delivery routes, and solved issues in. always answered phone. was in accounts everyday. knew every account every store mgr knew her, did not tolerate disrespectful mgr/recievers, accounts stopped yelling at us at the back door. Could not weigh more than 100lb and hrow cases like 900lb gorillia

Employee moral improved, gave us something to be proud of.

Instead Regional VP dumps off a glue factory mule, when he already had a stallion in the barn.
Pros
Everyday is a adventure
Cons
Gambling with your life
Family oriegtated
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 11, 2016
Great company to work for has great benefits family orientated for most drivers is continuous work so you're constantly lifting pulling pushing other than that great exercise plus make a great living
Pros
Benefit packages good wages an employee discount
Great place to work for advancement, the knowledge that you receive for advancement outstanding.
Route Auditor (Current Employee) –  Northlake, ILMarch 23, 2016
typical day at work is to interact with route drivers full service vending drivers, management, finance department for updated information about the cash room, check POD, cashier driver out if they have any form of currency, pack up DSD and invoices for the to be sent off to an our headquarter for scanning. Prepared bank deposit and balance cash handle for the day.
There is nothing hard about my job, I actually think that my job is the best that it can get.
The most enjoyable thing about working for the company that I work for and has worked for is that that all taught me something that brought the best out in my work ethics. It has made me more determine to go after what I want out of life and in the working field.
Benefits
Cons
pay range
Not an abient workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CANovember 11, 2016
Management wouldn't work with you as needed. They would over work you and expect to finish in 8 hours. Compensation wasn't worth the excessive amounts of work
Horrible Experience
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2016
Horrible Hostile environment to work in. Poorly managed at the location I was working. They are looking for slaves not employees. They lure you in with a good salary and then leave you there to rot for 15 to 16 hour shift as a salaried employee.
Pros
The Base salary isnt bad if it were a 10 hr day as advertised.
Cons
Forced long hours, poor training.
great place to work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 26, 2016
Great place to work good people to work with a typical day we produced at lease 10 or 20 thousand cases per shift I learned a great deal about the process of making a very good product
Pros
Wonderful benefits
Cons
long days short break
Warehouse Shipping Clerk / Lead (Former Employee) –  Aspers, PAJuly 5, 2016
Other than the twelve hour shifts it is a generally good place to work with great benefits and higher than average pay. The people are awesome and most of management is good.
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
Hours
Fun atomosphere to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJune 26, 2016
You go out with X number of stops and cases per day and are done when route is finished. I have learned how to work as a team and over coming challenges in day to day problems. Hardest part of the job is being short handed and no help. I enjoy the people I work with.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Pay could be better
fun place
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 3, 2016
DPSG is a great company to work for will great benefits and very competitive pay. Very strong portfolio to sell from of products

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dr Pepper Snapple Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7