Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Dr Pepper Snapple Group Employee Reviews

overall a great place to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2016
Great company to work for. Overall good work environment and promotes from within. Well structured management team. Benefits package is pretty good.
Pros
Career development, compensation, bennifits
okay place to work, Money wasnt too good.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 4, 2016
enjoyed going to different places and meeting people.
Bad part was working on holidays. Not enough pay for what I had to do.
Pros
not that much supervision
Cons
not enough money
Good money but long hours
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 1, 2016
It's a ok kinda job. I mean the supervisor try to act like your friend but when the head boss comes around different story. Hours are crazy. But I can say everyone do work together. The pay should be more for all the work they want u to do.
Cons
Short breaks
Can be very stressful but very worth it when you have good management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 30, 2016
A typical work day is creating a plan of execution for each store you are required to go into that day and make sure priorities are met for that day. Their is a lot to learn such as management skills, different methods to organize and prioritizes. It is very rare that you have a problem with other account managers, but it is almost a guarantee that there will be problems with the merchandisers.
The hardest part of the job is separating what accounts need from what the company wants you to do. But considering everything that comes along with the job, it's actually a very good job. A lot of times management is really horrible.
Pros
No one constantly looking over your shoulder
Cons
dealing with unreasonable people
Even Paced work atmosphere.
Full Service Vending/Telephone Sales (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 26, 2016
Independent work, relaxed pace to achieve workload of 20 vending machines daily averaging between 60 -90 cases daily. Mediocre guidance and support of management. Aggressive mangers in other parts of company, not leading by example. Customer satisfaction, seeing the customer be able to enjoy the product.
Pros
Employee purchase program.
Cons
Longevity of some employees and supervisors too long
No consideration for outside duties
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Maryville, MOJanuary 25, 2016
I'm a full-time college student, and was told this position would have flexible hours. Not only was this false, but I was frequently scheduled during classes and asked to skip classes for work. I was talked down on whenever I refused to comply with these requests. If you're looking for a solid full-time job, it's got good pay and the work is easy. If you're needing something on the side, stay away.
Productive and very active in their sales arena
Account Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILJanuary 21, 2016
I was responsible for new business development, company was very aggressive and insured each employee has the chance to succeed.
Excellent Company!
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 14, 2016
Awesome company to work for with lots of opportunity for career growth. Managers are very supportive and HR is helpful with training courses.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay can be on the lower side
Alright
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXJanuary 7, 2016
Its alright company to work at coming out of high school but pay rates are not that great and the management is poor around the work area
Pros
Turkey and ham around Xmas
Cons
not much development in pay rate management is poor
Set up like a pyramid scheme.....
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Dunbar, WVDecember 30, 2015
To look at this place at a glance, one would think its a wonder they get by month to month. the incredible turnover rate, the seemingly arcane ordering system, the absence of any real plan of any kind... after a short time its rather obvious whats going on here. the last thing these people want is for anyone to hang around long enough to see what is up. save yourself a headache and pass this one up. youll be better off picking up pepsi cans beside the road.
Pros
i honestly can not come up with one.
Cons
every aspect of being employeed here.
Productive, Great Learning & Experience
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 27, 2015
I've learned as being a utility you have just as much experience of a Lead. I learn to have more patients, communicate with operators on the line, Keep tabs more on what's going on far as with the syrup, Gallon count, How much raw material we have on the line for the run.. Its been a great experience learning & being in a major role.
Productive and Fun
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  North Lake, ILDecember 23, 2015
Got to the store. stocked back stock. Organized pallets. I liked my coworkers. I like that I got to work at my own pace. Management was good. They made training very easy.
Challenging yet Friendly
Sr IT Specialist- Systems (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 21, 2015
DPSG is a leader in beverages and maintain the quality at work. Its a fun filled environment with challenges and tests your ability to take on new puzzles.
Bulk pallet builder
Pallet builder (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 19, 2015
They start you off at 14.00-15.10 for 6 weeks only to drop your pay to 8.00. The supervisors are no help with fixing problems. All around bad deal..
Family Oriented work enviroment
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LADecember 17, 2015
My time spent at the Dr. Pepper Snapple was very fun, and quite exciting as well. I certainly enjoyed my time their, the employees all seemed to be genuinely interested in one another as well their families and the day to day hustle of life. With this environment we all coexisted and unison.
Pros
Great upper management
Cons
n/a
Horrible Place To Work
route driver (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKDecember 16, 2015
Work 60 hours or more a week and get paid for 40 put more stops on you then you can handle never any help all they are concerned with is whether or not the product gets delivered no matter if your out 14 or more hours a day no structure in the company no training and no encouragement or drive to make a driver feel appreciated or want to stay by far the worst company I have ever worked for in my life wore out equipment that is constantly breaking down my advice would be to stay clear of Dr pepper snapple group.
Pros
Cons
work 60 + hours a week and get paid for 40
suck to work for in oshkosh wi
Loader/Mechandiser (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIDecember 15, 2015
Management sucks wont work with you have to work overtime 7 days a week never able to get off. They need to get new management there asap
Cons
not able to get time over always told had to work
Great company, with an enormous team
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 30, 2015
A typical morning at Dr. Pepper involved getting up before the sun had risen. Me personally, usually maintained getting to work between 4am and 4:30 am. You could easily expect between 400-700 cases to deliver throughout the day in in any inclement weather.
Fun place to work
Bulk Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 30, 2015
I had a ball working for this company. It was basically a do your job type of atmosphere. You are your own boss. the co-workers are great.
Benefits
Cons
It was a good company to work for
PRODUCTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILNovember 27, 2015
I really enjoyed my time working for DPSG I gained a lot of experience while working on there team for 18 years I started as a machine operator and worked my way up to a Production Manager.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Changing upermanagement