Dr Pepper Snapple Group Employee Reviews in United States

Pallet Builder (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 21, 2016
A typical day at work at Dr Pepper is outstanding due to all the smiling faces and great management.

All co-workers are very helpful and willing to take care of other employees.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing all the soda being made and getting to drink them,
Good Pay, Long Hours
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 18, 2016
Solid pay with a pretty good management system. Must work weekends and all holidays so it may be a hard job to hold while maintaining a solid family relationship.
Pros
good pay, solid job security
Cons
all holidays worked, low communication between team members
A Smart Company
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 17, 2016
Dr. Pepper is a smart company with a lot of smart upper level managers. I learned a lot about identifying root cause, holding people accountable, and how things work in a faced pace manufacturing environment. There are some good employees that work there. They are a high performing organization, and have some good plans in the works.
Pros
High performing company
Cons
Low pay for supervisors and hourly employees
Slave type of environment
Order Builder/ Loader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2016
Besides getting paid every week this job was like being trapped. Stayed in till 9:00 in the morning and we clock in at 5 in the afternoon. Only give you 10 minute breaks. Forklift operators move on they time causing the floor runners productivity to go down because of the slow fork lift drivers. Hardest part of the job was to keep your productivity up when there's so many distractions inside the warehouse.
What I enjoyed most was the pay every friday.
Horrible place to work
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 13, 2016
Stay away if you want a life, they thing they own you. Management is complete trash. Senior mechanics don't want to show you anything. Supervisor things everyone is an idiot. Just complete trash. I'm glad I got away.
Pros
Ok pay
Hard work, but great for those who can handle it.
Loader (Former Employee) –  Edwards, ILMay 12, 2016
Can have long hours in the holiday seasons, and can be hard night after night but it repays itself with the paychecks. Great for younger people up to the task.
Cut throat and alot of good old boy mentality
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 3, 2016
A lot of backstabbing,favoritism. Management has a high turnover rate. Management is very lazy. You have to use your own vehicle for work and the compensation is pitiful. Human resources is a secretary with a different title.
Pros
There aren't any
Cons
Management, they can't seem to get their ships going in the same direction
Productive and fun place to work.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 26, 2016
A typical day working with Snapple was very exciting and easy going. I loved working with the managers and my coworkers.
Pros
Lunch anytime
Cons
Long days
Don't make it a life long career
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 23, 2016
Been a driver for over 30 years. I've been doing bulk delivery (Drop Delivery to Supermarkets) for a long time. The company is now transitioning away from bulk to mini bulk ( Some drops to supermarkets and the rest of your stops are side loader stops servicing convenience stores etc.) I think it's so older workers will retire or quit. Some of the drivers at my warehouse have been on no touch bulk for 20 plus years, now these guys are in their 60's and expected to do hard physical labor again. Again, I think it's to get the older guys out. Ever since Dr.Pepper/Snapple took over American Bottling it seems like their main focus has been on job elimination. I make good pay and benefits and enjoy the people and customers, but the company has really gone downhill. Find a different place to work.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Company doesn't look after older employees
Warehouse atmosphere
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 20, 2016
A very time-consuming job which demands 50-60 hours a week, which was fine with me until school interfered. Working long hours mostly made the supervisors and managers stressed from the inability to finish production goals.
Utility Operator, Lead (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 19, 2016
The facility has wonderful benefits, the training and development for employers to learn different things that has been added over the years needs a lot of improvement, The management team needs further training on how to treat people fairly as well as communication with employees, learning mechanical set ups are the hardest as far as change for people with a naked eye for the task
Department I worked in was run by a dictator
Manager of Product Development (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 18, 2016
Treated professional staff like hourlies. Checking on arrival times, leaving times, no time off for personal issues. Any type of celebrations, employee socialization discouraged.
Successful company that is crunching out talant
Sr Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 11, 2016
When viewed externally, this company is a money generating machine. They pump out dividends, stock buyback, and stock price growth.

When viewed internally, this company provides little to nothing for career growth. Unless you are part of the inside team, you'll get no job advancement regardless of your contribution or talent.

The one thing to note is the current trends of this company internally, and that is it's RCI program. Already, decision making has moved from management to the RCI team. And pretty soon, heads will begin to roll as the last apple on the tree will be headcount. Most talent are currently looking to leave, so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless it's the only offer you can get.
Pros
Easy Job, almost no work load
Cons
No job advancement, horrible pay if not on inside team.
Productive place to work
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 10, 2016
Enjoyed my time working there. Friendly staff, and manager are very helpful. Always space to grow with this company. Great benefits. Family like environment.
Pros
Helpful managers and staff
Cons
Very short lunch breaks
Very fun and energetic company to work for.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  MAPPLE HEIGHTSApril 4, 2016
Dr. Pepper Snapple Group is a very good company to work for. It is a company that promotes within and recognizes the employees who have self motivation and determination to further their career and improve the companies image and production. The management allows employees to navigate through the day in the manner that best suits the individual as long as it is within company policy and the individuals work is completed.
Pros
Self motivation creates more opportunity, and work at your own pace
Great Company, room for improvement.
Stock Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Hazel Crest, IL 60429March 30, 2016
One of the greatest things about working at DPSG, is the freedom. However, there is poor leadership. Management is not the best at leading by example. There's a lot of last minute decisions. Such as adding stores to your route with in short notice, not receiving your route until after start time, and late deliveries.
Pros
Work alone.
Cons
Late deliveries
Staff
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  New Castle, INMarch 26, 2016
Staff didn't do their jobs like told. Pay wasn't worth all the work they expect you to do. Reimbursement was only acceptable because the vehicle i have has high MPG.
Great place to work for advancement, the knowledge that you receive for advancement outstanding.
Route Auditor (Current Employee) –  Northlake, ILMarch 23, 2016
typical day at work is to interact with route drivers full service vending drivers, management, finance department for updated information about the cash room, check POD, cashier driver out if they have any form of currency, pack up DSD and invoices for the to be sent off to an our headquarter for scanning. Prepared bank deposit and balance cash handle for the day.
There is nothing hard about my job, I actually think that my job is the best that it can get.
The most enjoyable thing about working for the company that I work for and has worked for is that that all taught me something that brought the best out in my work ethics. It has made me more determine to go after what I want out of life and in the working field.
Benefits
Cons
pay range
Modern facility, great if you are flexible
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILMarch 20, 2016
Good job, physical at times... great benefits. Huge facility, great bunch of hard working individuals. My time there, the foremen were well suited and experienced. Very hot in the summer, a lot of overtime in warm months.
Hard job but great hours
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSMarch 18, 2016
This job was okay very very fast paced from the time you started at 6am until you got done around 3pm the job was non stop but the early start time was nice but it made for an early night as well.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
very fast paced and no help when you really needed it.

2.7