800 Grant Ave
Novato Ca. 4945
As a Dr. Insomniac’s Team member, you will create a quality experience for our customers by providing sincere friendly customer communications as well as, with quick and efficient service, make quality beverages and products, and maintain a clean and comfortable store environment.
You will be responsible for some reading and learning company guidelines and procedures. You will be required to make effort to learn by our training of techniques of proper customer communication as well as following Dr. Insomniac’s guiding beverage making principles. You’ll be part of a company that treats you like a person not a number or piece of equipment like many big corporations treat employees. This is a great place to work because the people here love what they do, and you will learn valuable skills you can use your entire life.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Dr. Insomniac’s Fine coffee tea & Smoothies.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
- Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the Third Place environment during each shift.
- Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager.
- Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer. Discovers and responds to customer needs.
- Follows Dr. Insomniac’s Fine coffee tea & Smoothies operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift. Maintains a clean and organized workspace so that partners can locate resources and product as needed.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational methods.
Summary of Experience
- No previous experience required
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
- Constant standing/walking
- Occasional stooping, kneeling or crawling
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 40 lbs
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps
- Constant computer/POS Register and bar equipment usage
- Frequent, continual, intermittent flexing or rotation of the wrist(s) and spine
- Constant reaching, turning, and performing precision work around bar area
- Constant receiving detailed information through oral communication
- Constant talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
- Occasional Distinguishing, with a degree of accuracy, differences or similarities in intensity or quality of flavors and/or odors
- Constant clarity of vision at near and/or far distances
- Salary: $11 Starting increased pay depending on experience. Tips are in addition to base hourly pay.
Popular local coffee shop which serves fantastic coffee beverages and home made pastries called scuffins. It is family owned and operated...