Dr. John Warner Hospital Employee Reviews

Good only if you're local
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Clinton, ILAugust 17, 2016
It's one of those small-town facilities where it definitely pays to be from around here. If you're not the type of person who naturally fits in wherever they go you may not like it. The culture is very tight-knit to the point of being cliquey. There are a few helpful faces among the crowd but only a few. From what I have gathered this places seems to have been managed and mismanaged to the point of near extinction. Stories abound about time cards being padded in certain departments and nurses not even in management making decisions about hospital services simply because they knew someone on the city council. That's just a start. It's not a bad place if you want a job away from the corporate hospitals in places like Peoria or Bloomington. But if you're looking to move up this is not the place for you.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere away from corporate hospitals in Bloomington
Cons
Too many chiefs and few good ones at that
turnaround situation
CEO / Administrator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 1, 2014
interim CEO position, facility has lost over $3M in past 5 yrs, needs help in leadership
Small Community Hospitalwith lots of room to grow!
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Clinton, ILAugust 11, 2013
Excellent place to work! It's a small town hospital within a close knit community. The hospital offers many opportunities for education and growth, and is very family friendly.
Working at DJWH has been challenging
Registered Dietitian/Food Service Director (Current Employee) –  Clinton, ILJuly 20, 2013
A typical day involves managing a staff of 10 in the dietary department and overseeing patient meals and inpatient/outpatient nutrition assessments and consults. It involves the day to day review of food quality, production, and food service sanitation. I have also been working on a low sodium cook book funded by a grant from IDPH. It has been a process in which I have been trying to improve the sodium in our hospital patient menus as well as our cafeteria menus. Of course there are challenges along the way in a small hospital. Being able to work with a great group of people has been my most enjoyable part of the job. My hardest part being budgeting in a hospital that struggles to stay open.
Pros
Flexible schedule, good insurance, and benefits
Cons
Distance from home, small hospital with limited staff support, limited budget due to poor hospital income, limited salary increases

Want to know more about Dr. John Warner Hospital?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dr. John Warner Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6