Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Horrible
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 3, 2017
It’s such a shame the current leadership is horrible to the entire company. It’s a gorgeous facility and truly the crown jewel of downtown Orlando. Quality, professional, knowledgeable and dedicated staff members have left in droves. The remaining staff walks on egg shells. No clue how the board turns their cheek to the horrible current leadership.
Pros
Gorgeous facility, quality shows
Cons
Current leadership
Leadership
Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 21, 2015
In a word, RIDICULOUS

The organization lacks effective leadership in most departments. People are given opportunities based on who they know within the organization and their social presence within the local marketplace. Very few get the opportunity to make an adequate living or earn a higher position simply based on knowledge, education and verifiable experience to perform the duties outlined in a job description.

I was given a position without a job description and duties continued to change daily. I was given several different directives from several different people on one objective and it became challenging. No one seems to engage with subordinates to determine the best course of action to obtain success. People kept leaving the organization and no one took the initiative to discover the WHY.
Pros
The support staff were really nice people
Cons
Lack of Leadership and do not know how to utilize their people effectively
Great Organization to work for
IT Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 14, 2015
The new performing arts center of Orlando is a great workplace; if I didn't have to relocate to Georgia I would not leave my job at DPC. I enjoy connecting with my coworkers on a daily basis. We have employee programs that encourage group work and team sharing.
Start-Up project so it fun to wear multiple hats
Manager, Theater Operations (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 17, 2014
I am grateful that I have been given the opportunity to work in HR. I enjoyed it very much. Creating a positive culture is something that I am passionate about.