DrawBridge Employee Reviews

An amazing place to support youth through creative means
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 22, 2016
I volunteered 2 hours every Friday for approximately 6 months at a DrawBridge group in the Tenderloin District of San Francisco. I truly enjoyed working with the facilitators and other volunteers to do art with youth ages 4-12. The culture of DrawBridge provides children with a chance to be creative and original while respecting others and bonding with the supportive adults. I was a tough demographic of youth, yet that is the rewarding part.
awesome organization to work for!
Art Group Volunteer Facilitator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 15, 2015
I began volunteering here. I now facilitate the groups. I run two art groups weekly in two homeless shelters with children from the ages 3-11. We have different arts and crafts each time and we have 5-8 children with us each group.
It can be stressful with a group of children with different ages but it is so beautiful watching them and their processes of art unfold in a time that is so tough.
Pros
helping children with art
Cons
pulls at your heart strings