Drayer Physical Therapy Institute

Drayer Physical Therapy Institute Employer Reviews

Love my coworkers, corporate? not so much.
Receptionist (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: free lunches at staff meetings, good pto accrual, one hour lunches
Cons: no raises for 5 years, 401k cut, benefits decreased
The only thing that will keep you coming into work for this company is the love you develop for your coworkers and the patients you see everyday.
Excellent Culture
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), Hershey, PAMarch 16, 2015
My experience at Drayer was nothing short of fantastic. The employees all bought into the mission and culture which made teamwork very easy and forced all employees to go the extra mile in their work. Very admirable organization that any executive could learn a great deal from.
Physical Therapist Technician (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAMarch 5, 2015
It's a good place to work, if you're willing to work hard. Company believes in upholding the mission statement, and that is a good thing.
Great company and employees
Medical billing/ office manager (Current Employee), loganville,gaMarch 2, 2015
Poor upper management makes getting things done very difficult. The pay is below industry standard but the company's ethics are amazing and the employees are a pleasure to work with. Wish the people in charge could take note.
Nice patients and fast paced environment
Physical therapy technician (Current Employee), Hershey, PAFebruary 24, 2015
Job is fast paced and requires a lot of standing. Excellent reaction with patients and always learning something new. Work day involves greeting patients, taking them through exercises and setting them up on ice an stimulation. Setting up new evaluations and cleaning off tables/ treatment rooms.
Wonderful work environment
Physical Therapy Technician in Outpatient Setting (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJanuary 3, 2015
Wonderful place to work at and learn physical therapy techniques. This is a great place for students to learn.
Liars
Physical Therapist (Former Employee), Sparta, NJDecember 24, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: place is a patient mill
One of the worst places I have ever worked. The non-clinical staff has more influence over patient care than the clinicians. State everything is about the patient but it is nothing more than a patient mill. Mandated OT and Saturday shifts with NO compensation. The manager of the Sparta facility is an arrogant (insert expletive) who not only is lazy as anything, but insulting and disrespectful to his employees. Higher management doesn't listen to their employees and is more than happy to see someone leave than fix the problems. Clinic is a revolving door of PTs and always will be until the management is gone

February 2, 2015

We are truly concerned about the issues you have raised in your review. Our goal has always been to create a positive experience for each and every patient we treat as well as all of our employees. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experiences in more detail in the hope that we can ensure current and future staff have positive experiences. Please contact me at our corporate headquarters. Thank you –Joann Bowen, Director of Human Resources

Fun workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Monroe, GADecember 9, 2014
I enjoyed working with my coworkers. I love helping the patients and seeing them smile even though they are in pain. The best part of my job was getting to know the patients and there families.hardest part of my job was seeing the patients leave. Its like they become your family.
HORRIBLE and waste of time
Staff Physical Therapist (Former Employee), Sparta, NJDecember 2, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: it's a patient mill
What a complete waste of time in my professional career. The company talks about a big game of quality of care and community participation, but it is nothing more than a mill that cycles patients in and out with no concern for their care. Not uncommon to schedule 30+ patients in a 9 hour day (oh, by the way that's a mandatory 9 hour day with your "unpaid lunch" which they ALWAYS seem to schedule patients in!). The Sparta manager is combative, arrogant and there is a revolving door of clinicians. He is a horrible PT but finds every opportunity to belittle his staff and question their skills!The office staff holds more power over patient care than the clinicians do! Corporate management is worthless and liars!

STAY AWAY FROM UNLESS YOU ENJOY BEING TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF AND ASKED TO DO UNETHICAL PRACTICES!!!!
Great place to be employed
Billing & Collections Specialist (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PANovember 25, 2014
I enjoyed working for this company. My work day was stressful but rewarding. This job required a good bit of my vast knowledge of medical billing. On a daily basis I would account for all incoming money from both patients and insurance payments on report due to accounting by 2 p.m. I would also send out all patient statements and review patient accounts for accuracy. Other parts of my day would consist of working aged A/R, payment posting, charge entry, up keep on authorization requests for future visits, insurance verification, financial counseling with patients, as well as assisting with front desk duties.

This was a very charitable company and gave back the community on a consistent basis. My main reason for leaving here was the company had hit a time where they were placing a freeze on merit increases, therefore I was never able to be eligible for a pay increase while employed there. Otherwise I got along create with my co workers and management, we had a lot of create fun while still able provide quality for our patients.
I was a Physical therapy observer. I learnt a lot.
Physical Therapy Observer (Former Employee), Clearfield, PAMay 14, 2014
I learnt a lot about therapy in outpatient physical therapy clinic. everyone working at Drayer's was friendly and helpful. They taught me a lot about the clinic setting , different patient scenarios , different therapeutic modalities , etc.
a great place to learn patient care
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee), marylandApril 8, 2014
Fast pace job that challenges you to think quickly and with accuracy. Good if you are a multitasker and take direction well. You get to have alot of one on one time with patients and help them with their care.
Productive and Fun
Internship (400hrs) (Former Employee), Oneonta, ALMarch 26, 2014
I learned a lot from doing my internship at Drayer. I worked 8 to 5. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing each patient tell one that they have gotten better because of the care one provided.
enjoyable teamwork setting while allowing me to help patients/people
Receptionist/Billing and Collections (Current Employee), Aurora, OHMarch 12, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: unable to work full time required hours
*working with patients... greeting and signing them in, taking calls, making appoitments, calling insurance companies to verify benefits, faxing documents, and emailing.
* I learned about medical codes, medical billing, and about backgrounds of health insurances.
*my manager was easy to work with and allowed employees to balance their family life needs and work needs as well.
*not being able to work and talk with the patients as much as i would have liked to due having to fullfill front office needs.
*working with our patients and being a part of their recoverys.
Very productive and helped others.
Office Manager/Receptionist/Physical Therapy Tech (Former Employee), Mount Sterling, KYMarch 10, 2014
Pros: assisted others in need, multi-tasking
Cons: very busy, over 100 patients daily
While working for Drayer Physical Therapy, I was responsible for and asked to perform the following: Patient check in and checkout, insurance registration, file, update, and maintain patient charts, Medicaid and Medicare filing, Certified with OSHA, Current CPR certification, Forwarding patient information, and general office work.

As a physical therapy technician, I worked closely with therapist, ensuring initial patient examination and preparing patient for therapist. I was responsible for making sure that the patient and I were both in a clean environment. I was responsible for keeping the patient rooms sanitized to meet all specifications. I learned exercise codes for specific injuries and also assisted patients with their specific regimens. I also assisted in cleaning and dressing all post-surgical wounds.
Energetic Workplace
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAFebruary 27, 2014
Community atmosphere with attention to patients. Open door policy with communication as a focus. Patients were on a first name basis with staff. Co-workers were like a family.
Favoritism and bullying
Receptionist (Former Employee), MechanicsburgJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: patients and pay
Cons: favoritism and bullying
I was bullied the entire time there. The training is the worst but expect u to know what your doing the first day! The clinic manager yelled at me in front of a room full of patients and was wrong in the first place and the office manager made him apologize to me. It was like a kindergartener being made to apologize. This guy actually made something up to fire me! Everyday after work I would go home never want to come back. The patients were very nice. The pay and the patients are the only positives. if you want to become suicidal then apply here. I'm serious!
Physical Therapist Assistant Clinical Rotation
Physical Therapist Assistant Clinical Rotation (Former Employee), Altoona, PAOctober 27, 2013
• Facilitated outpatient physical therapy care for various age groups diagnosed with musculoskeletal, neurological, vascular, and cardiac conditions
• Implemented patient treatment plans to meet predetermined goals derived from the interpretation of the physical therapist’s assessments of patients
• Effectively developed professional relationships with patients, and patients’ family members, by utilizing excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Instructed patients in the safe and effective use of pulleys, free weights, weight machines, and other equipment
• Skilled in assisting patients on muscle re-education; gait, ADL, and functional training
• Experienced in therapeutic massage and physical agent application, including ultrasound machines, electrical stimulation, and thermal modalities
• Complied with appropriate laws and regulations in the accurate and timely completion of patient SOAP note documentation and associated medical billing
• Exposure to sports rehabilitation, edema control, whirlpool, hydrotherapy, and fluidotherapy
Workload is too much
Front Office (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALSeptember 10, 2013
This place sucks, they are full of it. The hours are awful. The billing manager is rude and insensitive.
Physical Therapy Technician
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee), Dillsburg, PAAugust 2, 2013
Pros: free care, and use of the equipment.
Cons: although you get 1 hour for lunch, it was rare that you got the whole hour. most of the time it was 20 to 40 mins.
Making sure that the patients do their exercises properly.

Assisting the Physical Therapist with getting their patients ready for them to work on.

My co-workers were awesome.

It's hardest when you had too many people scheduled, and under staffed.

I loved working with the staff and the patients, I loved seeing people succeed and get better.

About Drayer Physical Therapy Institute

Drayer Physical Therapy Institute® a Hummelstown, Pennsylvania based company, is a leading owner and operator of outpatient – Read more

Drayer Physical Therapy Institute Salaries