Drayer Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

Nice Place But Expect Too Much From Employees
Front Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GANovember 8, 2016
I worked there for 6 months, worked all holidays including 4th of July, was not allowed to take any vacation days because we were short on staff. The hours are long. I worked 10am - 7:30 pm, M-F. Thankfully did not work weekends because they are open on Saturday too. I worked the Front Desk. I love the patients and it was a nice environment, but they expected way too much. Did everything from answering the phones, taking payments, verifying insurance, determining payment plans, and after a long day - there were 3 reports we had to run which no one looked at. At 7 pm, I just wanted to go home, but still had reports to run that could not be started until the last patient was seen. My coworkers were nice but not the place if you have kids or are a single parent. My daughter never saw me. Missed her chorus concert at 6pm - no one to cover me. Missed out on 6 months of being a parent.

If you want to work your behind off with a smile on your face (no negative attitudes or they will fire you), then this is your place.
Pros
Nice environment, people are friendly
Cons
No breaks, no work/life balance, low pay, PTC manager is inept - don't ask for help - will fire you

Comment – November 28, 2016

Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry to hear that you did not have a desirable employment experience at Drayer, as we strive to provide a positive and balanced work environment for our staff. With that being said, we also strive to provide our patients with superior and reliable care, which is why we are open 7 am - 7 pm weekdays and on weekends and holidays. Our open door communication policy should have afforded you the opportunity to speak with your center manager and/or RVP about any concerns you were having and we are sorry if you did not feel this way. We take your feedback seriously and appreciate the opportunity to look at ways to improve work balance life for our current staff, as well as ensure a sound open door communication policy. Thank you.

Quiet Productive workplace
Observer (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSSeptember 1, 2016
They were open from 7-7 Monday through Fridays where they saw patients throughout that time period. This is where I learned about creating flow sheets, how to read them, and what to do during the day-to-day operations. The head Physical Therapist was very professional with everything he did. The hardest part of the job was trying to fit into their already close knit circle. The easiest part was talking to the patients.
Pros
Great location
Cons
Trying to fit in
bad CIO
Senior Project Manager/Director of PMO (Former Employee) –  Hummelstown, PAAugust 22, 2016
Bad management and long term outlook for technology. poor asset management and no PM methodologies. I would not recommend working here as an IT professional.
Fun environment, Great skilled staff
Technician (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHAugust 2, 2016
Busy, Successful staff. Motivating management, easy going co-workers, Love the patients. Occasionally stressful.
Doesn't care about their employees; under staffed and over worked
PTA (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 30, 2016
This company states it is Christian based but it's not, they tell you that to try and get you to work there. They don't care about their employees, only about the business. They try and see as many patients as possible without regard to patient care. Staff is over worked, under paid, and you will NEVER get a raise while working there. Only hires new grads so they can severely under pay them. They don't deserve the 1 star I had to give but no stars wasn't an option
Pros
Cons
Under appreciated, over worked, under paid, no advancement, over loaded caseload
Fun workplace for patients and colleagues
PT Technician/Clinical Shipping Manager (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 21, 2016
Great place to work! Sometimes the clinic's hours made it tough to balance home and work because we were open late and worked most holidays.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Hours
Too busy
PTA (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALMay 16, 2016
Busy clinic with unrealistic corporate goals. Often see 4 patients at one time. As a PTA my day usually started at 7am and 7pm. Management encouraged billing incorrectly
Pros
Cheap insurance premiums
Cons
Poor insurance, poor management structure, unrealistic patient loads, questionable billing practices, high turnover of employees
AMAZING workplace
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 15, 2016
This is the best place I have ever worked. The management is great and the co-workers are some of the greatest people I know. The work environment is very upbeat and welcoming. The therapists are caring for everyone in the entire clinic.
Great at getting new patients in the same day
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Red Lion, PAApril 23, 2016
Drayer 's head corporate office was helpful when they were needed. The facility I worked for was understanding at times with customers problems and concerns with their health problems. When business became very slow the manager became very pushy on rescheduling patients no shows or reschedules.
Pros
close to home
Cons
No support from coworkers or team work
Incredibly productive clinical setting often with long hours, to be expected for an orthopedic outpatient setting
Staff Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDJanuary 23, 2016
Work structure may have changes since my leaving this company. Unable to give an accurate description of the current environment as I have not been there in 2 years.
Exhausting job with little to speak high on
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Sparta, NJDecember 28, 2015
Days at this clinic are very long and challenging. The boss tends to work the aides harder then any other of the staff, often, favoring the therapists in all capacities. The aides typically receive the least credit yet have the most responsibilities and the pay isn't good enough to ignore how they are treated on a daily basis. The staff has almost entirely been changed due to built up collective frustration that has led to many former employees leaving. The manager offers virtually no advancement to any of the staff members and in turn the job culture is flat and very, very demanding. There was very little to like about this job aside from the interactions with patients I regularly got to take part in.
Pros
No pros
Cons
unflexibile hours
Great atmosphere and benefits
athletic trainer (Current Employee) –  Chilton County, ALNovember 3, 2015
As an ATC you need to submit CEUs yearly to keep your state license, Drayer offers free CEUs during the year as well as signs you up for an online service to get even more CEUs or free. I spend my free time on that website learning and gaining more knowledge to use in my everyday work. Any Drayer clinic I've gone in to, I've been greeted with warm welcomes. The office staff was willing to help me any way they could as well as feel welcome to their team. I also love the fact that we do have a mandatory community service day. One day per year we are to volunteer to give back to the community. Drayer does so much for us and pushes us to give back to our community.
Great company to work for
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Wexford, PANovember 2, 2015
Really enjoyed the out patient clinic. Always had a lot of fun with the patients while getting them better. I also ordered all the supplies for the clinic and assisted all the therapist with their requests.
Pros
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Cons
NONE
Loved It
SUMMER INTERN (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAOctober 7, 2015
You will not regret working for this company. Great people who care about their patients and making their experience positive and fun!
Productive workplace
Certified Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Bessemer, ALOctober 6, 2015
No complaints. They owners of the company and very nice and they were very helpful in helping me to relocate. They provided a lot of opportunities for education.
Unorganized
Medical Billing (Former Employee) –  CBO Birmingham ALSeptember 23, 2015
Balanced deposits for all clinics over Alabama
Posted all insurance payors as well as patient payments
I loved my job. It was not managed in a professional manor
Pros
Nice co-worker
Cons
Unorganized
Fun workplace with majority nice and kind people.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Hummelstown, PAJuly 9, 2015
Fun workplace with some kind and caring people. Family oriented organization. Faith, family, work culture cultivated from top management to low level employees.
Pros
Cool co-workers.
Cons
No growth opportunities.
Excellent facility
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDJuly 7, 2015
Incredible dedication to providing affordable yet still superior patient care. Every employee truly is there to help the patients, and everyone goes above and beyond to ensure patients are comfortable and making progress in their treatment plans. There is a tendency to overbook schedules and place a strain on employees time management abilities, but this is only out of concern for the patient. I truly enjoyed being able to be a part of people's recovery journeys.
Front desk receptionist
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Sparta, NJMarch 31, 2015
Learning EMR and completing requirements to fulfill daily tasks such as our having our patients complete their prescribed therapy.
Physical Therapists Are Golden
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mount Joy, PAMarch 26, 2015
I found out to my dismay that Drayer Physical Therapy was much like any other place of employment. I believe that most places desire a degree in order to advance. This employer is a great place to work if you are a Physical Therapist.

The hours are extremely long, and the shifts were too varied.

Management was great if you were a therapist.

I really dislike office politics, and this clinic had a lot of that going on.

I totally loved the patients, and the front desk work.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Inadequate pay

2.9